Updating item properties.

We want to change the commission properties for items in our database, with
different commission rate for different as below:
Men’s Clothing – 2%
Women’s Clothing – 2%
Men’s Accessories – 1%
Men’s Accessories – 1%
And this will be a percent of sale.
Is this done with an update query?
0
Davidjc52 (15)
1/7/2008 8:52:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It can be done with an SQL update query.

How do you know if an item is men's acc... ?

"Davidjc52" <Davidjc52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We want to change the commission properties for items in our database,
> with
> different commission rate for different as below:
> Men's Clothing - 2%
> Women's Clothing - 2%
> Men's Accessories - 1%
> Men's Accessories - 1%
> And this will be a percent of sale.
> Is this done with an update query?

0
julien9996 (95)
1/7/2008 9:15:36 PM
Hi Davidjc52 - yes, you can do a mass update via a query....- confirm the
following though - "men" and "women" are departments and "clothing" and
"accessories" are categories?

"Davidjc52" wrote:

> We want to change the commission properties for items in our database, with
> different commission rate for different as below:
> Men’s Clothing – 2%
> Women’s Clothing – 2%
> Men’s Accessories – 1%
> Men’s Accessories – 1%
> And this will be a percent of sale.
> Is this done with an update query?
0
convoluted (621)
1/7/2008 9:27:13 PM
No those are each departments.

"convoluted" wrote:

> Hi Davidjc52 - yes, you can do a mass update via a query....- confirm the
> following though - "men" and "women" are departments and "clothing" and
> "accessories" are categories?
>
> "Davidjc52" wrote:
>
> > We want to change the commission properties for items in our database, with
> > different commission rate for different as below:
> > Men’s Clothing – 2%
> > Women’s Clothing – 2%
> > Men’s Accessories – 1%
> > Men’s Accessories – 1%
> > And this will be a percent of sale.
> > Is this done with an update query?
0
Davidjc52 (15)
1/8/2008 6:27:00 PM
Hi Davidjc52 , here are some sample queries you can use.

Connect to your database using SO Administrator.
First you need to know your department ID assignments, so run

select * from department
(confirm and jot down the ID assigned to mens clothing, mens accessories,
womens clothing and womens accessories)
As an example, let's assume the following are the IDs assigned to these depts.
mens clothing = 3
mens accessories = 4
womens clothing = 7
womens accessories = 8

its usually a good idea to run some select queries first to make sure all
the items you will affect with your update are the ones you intend to affect,
so try

select itemlookupcode, description, price from item where departmentid = 3
(the above would show you the ILC, description and price of all items in
mens clothing)  -  run the same select query replacing the "3" with 4, 7 and
8 to see items in the other departments.

If all the items in your select query should be affected by your update
query, you are ready to update, BACKUP YOUR DATABASE FIRST AND RUN AFTER
HOURS IF POSSIBLE.

Your update query for mens and womens clothing to pay 2% commission is
(replace "X" with your mens clothing department ID and "Y" with your womens
clothing department ID)
update item
set commissionmode = 2, commissionpercentsale = 2
where departmentid = X or departmentid = Y

Your update query for mens and womens accessories to pay 1% commission is
(replace "A" with your mens accessories department ID and "B" with your
womens accessories department ID)
update item
set commissionmode = 2, commissionpercentsale = 1
where departmentid = A or departmentid = B

** REMEMBER TO BACKUP BEFORE RUNNING THE UPDATE QUERIES IN CASE YOU MAKE A
TYPING MISTAKE ON THE UPDATE SYNTAX **

Hope this helps....

"Davidjc52" wrote:

> No those are each departments.
>
> "convoluted" wrote:
>
> > Hi Davidjc52 - yes, you can do a mass update via a query....- confirm the
> > following though - "men" and "women" are departments and "clothing" and
> > "accessories" are categories?
> >
> > "Davidjc52" wrote:
> >
> > > We want to change the commission properties for items in our database, with
> > > different commission rate for different as below:
> > > Men’s Clothing – 2%
> > > Women’s Clothing – 2%
> > > Men’s Accessories – 1%
> > > Men’s Accessories – 1%
> > > And this will be a percent of sale.
> > > Is this done with an update query?
0
convoluted (621)

How to update from Pocket Money in New Money Accout
How do I update a new Money 2002 file from my pocket pc money 2002. Every time I try to sync to my pocket pc 2002 money wants clear out my data on my pocket pc. Any help in this matter would be gladly appreciated. Thanks ...

Inbox items
Why are my received emails automatically emptying out of my inbox folder? How do I fix it? Thanks, TStenger The usual causes are a rule that move the messages or a view that filters them. Look for both. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "tstenger@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:091d01c3b0ec$988cf190$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Why are my received emails automatically emptying out of > my inbox folder? How do I fix it? > > Thanks, > > TStenger ...

Item not allowed to be entered into Sales Transaction
Order Entry attempted to enter an ITEM that has been used on a regular basis and suddenly they are getting the message: "Sales are not allowed in this unit of measure".... The item card is entered correctly (UofM = EACH).... the item card is filled out correctly...This item is used in Bill of Materials as well. WHAT can be done to correct this? Pam, In the Price List window click the Options button and make sure the Selling Option is not listed as Not Available. We had the same error, changed it to Whole and were good to go. Jake "Pam" wrote: > Order Entry...

Error Code 8024000E Windows Update Not Functional!
A couple of days ago my PC stopped being able to even check for or get updates. I believe that something that was installed on the update of 11/13 caused this issue because my computer suddenly has 3 problems it has never had before. Here are the lines from the log file where the process bombs out: 2009-11-14 12:34:19:709 1356 20f4 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate failed to load WuPackages.xml file, error = 0x8024000E 2009-11-14 12:34:19:709 1356 20f4 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to download package information, error = 0x8024000E 2009-11-14 12:34:19:709 1356 20f4 Setup FAT...

Help with updating tables in many-to-many relationship
Hi, I am working on a database that contains a many-to many relationship. I created an intermediate (linked) table between the two primary tables. I have a Form1 that displays the info from Table1 and a control to open a Form2 that displays records from Table2 that match the Table1 record. Everything works great for displaying and editing information on Form2 except for when I try to add records. I don't seem to have the right code to update the Linked Table. Does anyone have some sample code that works? My tables include the following: Table1 Table2 ...

Office Update 12.0.1 Install Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel After successfully re-installing Office, I tried to install the 12.0.1 update and get the message "version required to install this update not found on this volume." Thanks for any help out there. On 3/25/08 7:09 30AM, in article ee95fb7.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Dan_Anderson@officeformac.com" <Dan_Anderson@officeformac.com> wrote: > After successfully re-installing Office, I tried to install the 12.0.1 update > and get the message "version required to install this update not found...

Update CRM Entity records using Javascript
Hi, Is there any way to update a field in the related parent entity records using JS CRM WebService call? I have a related record and on save of this, I want to change the status of the parent record. This I want to do in JavaScript.. Is there any way? or can anyone please send me queryexpression or other js code? -- romeo!! Hi Romeo, You may want to search for info on using the parent.document JScript. If you have a contact form that has a parent account, you can use the parent.document to make changes to the parent, but you may also want to consider what happens with that parent ...

be able to create a matrix serialized item in 1 step
when creating a matrix item I would like to be able to create a matrix item that is serialized through the wizard. right now we have to create a matrix item then when we are all done we change each item to a serialized item. please make this all one step. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &quo...

Inconsistent behavior when requerying to update a control
I have some forms with both a databound combobox/listbox in one sub form and a second subform to create new rows for the lookup table. In the AfterUpdate event of the 2nd form I requery the combobox/listbox in the first. The problem is that in some cases the combo/listbox lags one record behind the newly created records. eg I add record Foo in subform2, subform1 doesn't show the new record. Then I add record Bar in subform2. At this point subform1 shows Foo, but not Bar. If I add a 3rd record Baz, Bar will show up but Baz is still MIA. Othertimes subform1 immediately gets the newly...

New data won't update chart
I have a spreadsheet with formulas set to update a bar graph every time something is typed into a box in a certain column of my workbook. There are 697 entires into the chart, now it refuses to update a 698th entry. Any suggestions? ...

Remove Excel Menu Items
Over time I installed Adobe Acrobat PDFcreate and Scansoft PDFCreate softwares. Both put menu items into the Excel 2003 menu at the very top. I have uninstalled the apps but the menu selections still appear in Excel. How can I get rid of these? -- robbybobby ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robbybobby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29735 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515979 Just go to Tools>Customize and then just drag the items off. -- HTH Bob Phillips ...

How to forbid the Windows Updates
Hello, Windows Server 2003 Following a catastrophe after a Windows Update, I want to forbid any future Windows Update, even the option when we shutdown the server: "Install the updates and shutdown". How can I do that? Thanks Disable the Windows Update service. Start|Run|services.msc For the idiotic 'Install Updates and Shut Down' option. Start|Run|gpedit.msc Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update Do not display 'Install Updates and Shut Down' option in Shut Down Windows dialog box -- Regards, Dave P...

Money Plus Deluxe
Everytime I open Money it tells me that an upgrade is required. When the upgrade starts, there is a message that it cannot close Money althouth it already has. When I click OK to continue, the upgrade runs. It shows that I now have version 17.0.120.1415 but still gives me the software update message each time. Rather than opening your normal *.mny file, navigate to sample.mny; double click on the file name and that should let the download complete. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any ...

DllImport property Preservesig
Hi The doc says the following text within "". Does this text mean that if an error occur and this property is set to false an exception is throw from the Windows32 API ? "This field indicates whether unmanaged methods that have HRESULT or retval return values are directly translated or automatically converted to exceptions. True: The method returns a value that contains the HRESULT. False: The method automatically converts HRESULT or retval values to exceptions. When you set the PreserveSig field to False, the resulting method signature contains a void...

Update Icon didn't update the icon in all display areas
Hi All, I've updated an icon for a custom entity and the Nav bar and title windows have been updated, however, the icons on the title screen and for each line entry on the 'search view' for existing entries have not updated. Any ideas? Thanks! Maria K. Greendyk Hi, It can take some time before changes are propagated to every place in the user interface. When modifying the entity, take care also publishing the entity (Actions-Publish) Sometimes pressing a CTRL-F5 on the title screen resolves this. This causes IE to do a fully refresh. Also try to issue an IISRESET on the s...

Update Ownerid in Account entity Help
Hi All, I'd like to update owner for Account Entity but I don't know what code should be in SDK using web services. I used code below but it's NOT working at all. AccountUpdate.ownerid = new Owner(); AccountUpdate.ownerid.type = EntityName.systemuser.ToString(); AccountUpdate.ownerid.Value = new Guid("2952959d-484c-dd11-a2dd-0013723f2fb0")); service.Update(AccountUpdate); Anyone knows another code to make it works, I'd appreciate it. -Toi Are you retrieving existing account and then updating it? i dont see the rest of code . This piece of code seems fine ...

Non Tax Items on Receipt
I am new to RMS so I am still learning. When customer prints a receipt report at the end of the day, they want to show how much tax exempt sales were made that day. Currently they have to go through each customer to see, or is there a better way. Thanks! I use the 'Sales Tax Analysis Report' to get Non Taxable Sales. Definitely a pain. I could not believe it was not on the Z report or the Register Analysis Report. I actually run both those reports and output them to files, and then have an Excel macro that combines them. Then I keep the one printed report for the fil...

Default font in dialog property pages
Have to post this again as all attempts to resolve the issue on my own were unsuccessful. The problem is, despite a property page template of a property sheet explicitly indicates that another font than the default MS Sans Serif 8 must be used (e.g. Arial 10), this never comes into effect. I checked the resource file to ensure that appropriate instructions are presented in there: > > IDD_WIZ_PAGE0 DIALOG DISCARDABLE 0, 0, 235, 156 > > STYLE WS_CHILD | WS_DISABLED | WS_CAPTION > > CAPTION "Welcome to the Operation Wizard" > > FONT 10, "Arial"...

Updating Junk Senders List
Hi, Is there a way to add serveral emails to my junk senders list at one time, rather than having to right click on each one and choose Add to Junk Senders List? Thanks, Doug Perhaps the answer is no, since you've posted this like 50 times and haven't gotten any replies. Ray at work "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01f301c39d70$c5481780$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there a way to add serveral emails to my junk senders > list at one time, rather than having to right click on > each one and choose Add to Junk Se...

properties error in the field in the form
I just created a form. On the fields there must be an error in the properties. I can't type in the field and I have the #name? error and the #error Error. It looks like I connected the fields to the underlying table correctly so what should I check? =Employees!Emp_ID =Employees!FirstName =[Salary] thanks, If the fields are bound to textboxes on the form, you do not need to use a reference to the underlying table or query. Emp_ID FirstName Salary should be all you need in the controlname property. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access ht...

Windows XP Update problem help needed-
Am running Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version : 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3 Problem is that when I go to the Windows update site it shows the following updates available: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982168) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909) I tryed to install them along with others updates listed and it showed they succeeded along with the others but when I rest...

Updating specific record on continuous form
I have a continuous form that is populated by a query I created. I would like to add a button in the details sections of the continuous form that would prompt a popup for the user to edit information specific to the record that was selected. Is there a way to reference the record in which the button pressed? Thank you in advance, Chad On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:04:01 -0700, Chad <Chad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a continuous form that is populated by a query I created. I would like >to add a button in the details sections of the continuous form th...

Edit Item changes Prices bug
Hello all, I have some problem with I just added store to my RMS HQ about a month ago. The version I got this time is 1.3.1002. both HQ and StoreOp While I was using it up I found that the version I got was not the latest one and have a very serious bug. The problem is this. It changes price of item when I open another edit item window without closing the one before. It does it when I diable the price chaning privillege. I found this out after entering close to 9000 items. All the prices are quite messed up thanks to our staffs weird habit of clicking without thinking. I contacted MS a...

Freezes Update Message List

FWD: See the security update which came from MS Corp.
--sbekynbmlyaergfq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zhiahdvb"; type="multipart/alternative" --zhiahdvb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uldotynzjetuu" --uldotynzjetuu Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect you...