Updating Discount Info for all items.

My company used to use the quantity discount table to give customers a 'case
quantity discount'.  The problem is that it is impossible to update this
pricing information for a group of items at once.  Each time prices change,
each item must be updated manually.  Therefore, I have decided to do away
with the case discounts entirely.  So now I am faced with the daunting task
of going through item by item and selecting 'There is no discount theme for
this item' for each and every one.

I am fairly certain it is possible to set this option for all items at once
using a query but I have no idea how to do this.  Can anyone tell me how or
point me in the right direction?
0
Jesse1 (89)
1/10/2006 8:50:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ALWAYS back up your database before running any update/insert/delete query!

UPDATE [ITEM] SET QuantityDiscountID = 0 WHERE QuantityDiscountID <> 0

That should work,  but you may also want to look around for Add-ins that
allow you to manage discounts more easily - check with your reseller for
more information.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My company used to use the quantity discount table to give customers a
> 'case
> quantity discount'.  The problem is that it is impossible to update this
> pricing information for a group of items at once.  Each time prices
> change,
> each item must be updated manually.  Therefore, I have decided to do away
> with the case discounts entirely.  So now I am faced with the daunting
> task
> of going through item by item and selecting 'There is no discount theme
> for
> this item' for each and every one.
>
> I am fairly certain it is possible to set this option for all items at
> once
> using a query but I have no idea how to do this.  Can anyone tell me how
> or
> point me in the right direction?

0
glenn9672 (1267)

recent money 2005 update
I cannot download the recent money05 update on my work pc through the firewall. Does anyone know how or if I can manually download and install the updates on win xp pro? ...

Contract lines - number of items
Hello, I'm new to MS CRM. I have setup contract and contract lines on a time-based allotment. Normally the contracts run for a year, and are billed each month. My question is do I: - Enter the full years minutes in the time allotment or can I (preferred): - Enter only 1 monthy minutes in the time allotment, but enter 12 in the Quantity. My objective is to reset the allotment each month. TIA Tony ...

Microsoft CRM should allow you to customise Price List Item
In order to allow for the implementation of more complex product catalogues within Microsoft CRM I would like to be able to customise the prices list item entity to create new attributes and relationships. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mic...

Update links to closed spreadsheet
I have an excel spreadsheet with formulas linked to data in anothe spreadsheet. The spreadsheet with the source data is not opened. Whe I press the Update Link button, the cells with the formulas linked t the closed spreadsheet returns a #VALUE# indicator. I have to open th source spreadsheet so that the Update Link will return the correct data Why doesn't Excel extract the data from the source spreadsheet when i is closed -- carlossalt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- carlossaltz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo...

failed XP Pro update locks all Xcel functions
Tried to download the 2003 Office Professional XP upgrade for an older version of office. Didn't work and nowwhen I try to open any excel function, the installer begins, asks for disks (which I don't have) cancels and blocks access to all of my existing excell data and to my old excel program. Any help??? In XP go to start - programs - accessories - system tools - system restore and then restore you system to an earlier time. (when it last worked correctly!!) HTH John P "occam" <lechat@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:b95c01c48955$c33d81b0$a501280a@...

Report-Item value list with stores
Hi guys, On the standard item value list in headquarters, I need to add the Stores so I can see which store has what stock value and quantity. Does anyone know the column name I need to add to the report? Thanks in advance Richard Use the Snapshot Item Value List. This is the one that contains the store values. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. RichyRich wrote: > Hi guy...

Update cell based on date range
Hey guys! I posted this in the General Forum, but I figured this woul be a better place for this question. I was wondering if I could ge some help here. I would like to update a cell based on a date range For example, I would like to update the value of a cell to the value o another cell if the current date is between July 1st and July 10th However, if the date is outside the date range, I want the value fo that cell to not be updated, and be the previous value. Can anyone giv me an example as to how I would do this? Thanks!! -- deversol -----------------------------------------------------...

Advantage of Matrix vs Standard items
I have an exclusive boutique. Usually an item its available in different sizes and colors. Therefore a Matrix Item seemed to be the way to go. I thought the way to add the items in the matrix (one by one, instead of been able to select several at a time) seemed awkward. But still, I figure that in the end it will be worth the extra work involved, for example when searching (in the whole database of within the matrix) for all the items size 38. On the other hand, after reading the manual (something I should have done in the first place), I found that I can use a Standard Item´s s...

how do you create an EOQ for quantity discounts
I'm trying to create a scatter plot for an EOQ with quantity discounts and with steps for price breaks above certain quantities. How do you set up the data in the spreadsheet? ...

Taking Items off sale
Can anybody tell me how to take items off sale? For example, i can use the wizard to put items on sale for a timescale, and then set the price etc, but after the sale date has expired, even though the item will stop selling at the sale price, the item is on sale box is still ticked.... is there a way i can take all items in a given filter off sale?? I posted a similar question back in July. I never got any response. I ended up using a query. I am using HQ and one of my office staff mistakenly issued a worksheet that set all items to 'On sale' with a sale price of $0.00 and ...

Outlook Today
I've been using Outlook 2002 with our Exchange server for several years. My startup view has been set to "Outlook Today". It has always displayed the contents of my exchange calendar, tasks etc. I just installed Office 2003 and as a result now have Outlook 2003 (I believe that our exchange server has not been upgraded). Overall it seems to work pretty well, but I cannot get "Outlook Today" to display the info from my exchange mailbox. Instead it insists on displaying the calendar, tasks etc from my personal folders. All my mail also goes into the Personal Inbox ra...

A window with file and help meny items
Hello Experts! I have a document about window system and here they show a window with two menu items at the top of the screen to choose from. The Items are File and Help. Now to my question I can't understand where in the code, statements are used to be able to show the two menu items File and Help? Here is the program: The program is not complete because the callback procedure WndProc are not include in the code but that doesn't affect the question. #include <windows.h> #include "resource.h" int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLin...

microsoft update not working
hello i have windows XP home edition, 32 bit, with SP 3 and Norton Internet Suite the problem is an error message i get when i try to download updates.... it makes no sense because when i do exactly what it says to do, nothing changes. here is the error message: Please change your Internet Explorer security settings To save changes to your settings for this website, you need to enable userdata persistence for Internet Explorer. Complete the steps below, and then click Change settings to the left and try saving your changes again. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click I...

Updated links
Hi, When opening a spreadsheet that has links to other workbooks, Excel asks if I would like to update. Despite pressing "don't update" all the references turn to #REF. That didn't happen before... Any ideas as to how to avoid it? Thanks in advance, Thomas You should opt to update the links instead of "don't update". -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Thomas" <thomasdertz_nospam_please@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a5101c37783$a519abd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > When opening a spreadshee...

Two completely unrelated workbood. Why is it asking me about updating links?
I have a workbook, one sheet, one named range: =93dist_date=94 Here is my code for the simplest of graph Set Cht_dist555 =3D Charts.Add With Cht_dist555 .ChartType =3D xlColumnStacked .SetSourceData Source:=3DRange("dist_data"), PlotBy:=3DxlColumns .Deselect End With When I save and reopen, it asks me about updating links. I delete the chart, save and reopen: the update link message is gone. I made no reference in my workbook whatsoever about the other workbook including in the VBA reference. So I changed the updatelinks to xlupdatelinksnever under th...

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.4 update released
Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.4 update released (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/02/microsoft_office_2004_for_mac_114_up date_released.html#more> Requires that 11.3.9 be installed. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> On Feb 12, 8:40 pm, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote: > Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.4 update released (The Entourage Help Blog) > <http://blog.entour...

Capture Duplicate Key After Update of Text Box Instead of Form
Hi Folks - Currently, I am using the Error Event of my form to capture duplicate key entry. However, this is not invoked until the form updates. Is there a way to check for a duplicate after the user tabs out of the primary key field? Thanks. -- Michael Laferriere HomeKey 401-921-2450 www.homekeyinc.com Use the Before Update event of the primary key field to look for an exiting entry. If it is found, you can present a warning an cancel the event: Private Sub PrimaryField_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Not IsNull(DLookup("[PrimaryKeyFieldName]", "TableName&qu...

Update table field by content in another field in the same table
My table has OriginatorID and Originator fields. I want the OriginatorID field to update automatically when content is entered in the Originator field. The table that contains the data for these fields is called ASSIGNEES. It has three fields: ID (primary key-autonum), ASSIGN-NAMES (text), and EMAILADDRESS (text). Originator ID in the table is the same as ID in the ASSIGNEES table. ASSIGN-NAMES is the content for Originator field . Thank you in advance for yuor assistance. Linda I am not 100% sure that I understand what you are attempting to achieve however, I will give you...

distribution list not being updated after changes?
we have a distribution list in our public folders for our customer service people. last week we had one leave, and one new person come on, so we removed one email address, and added another. but- people are still sending emails to the customer service DL that goes to the old person, and leaves the new one out. I checked, the the new person is in the DL, and the old one is not. is this a cache issue of some kind? How do you get around this? gary Not sure how you've got this setup, but the right way to do this would be to create the Distribution Group in AD instead, imo. -- Bh...

how do I enter annual budget items?
'new to Money04. I pay my own real estate taxes, so there are 3 once-a-year bills for local, county and school taxes. I entered them as recurring yearly bills, but they don't show up on my monthly budget :-( Right now it shows the money I know I need for that as being disposable income! Isn't the point of budgeting so that we'll have that money when our taxes come due? I hope so, and I hope one of you kind people will know how to fix this. Thanks, George The same thing happened to me. The only thing I noticed was that when I edited my budget to add another 100.00 caus...

How to show items and assigned taxes
Our taxes collected are lower than they should be based on our sales. In random checks of inventory items, some have come up without taxes, where there should be taxes. I'm looking for a suggestion on how to determine which items have which taxes assigned, without having to go through each item individually. Thanks Christa, SO Manager --> Wizards menu --> Inventory Wizards --> Task 170 Assign Item Tax, press the All button click Next then Finish. You can sort each column by clicking on the corresponding column header. This will also allow you to make mass Item Tax ch...

Vista wants to try an install the same update repeatedly
Dear All, My laptop running Vista Ultimate wants to keep installing the following two updates: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 and Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 I install them, install updates and shut down. When I re-boot an icon in the task bar suggests to me to install the same updates again! I've done this 5 times! Just how many times must I install these 2 updates? Do tell Alex McFarlane wrote: > Dear All, > My laptop running Vista Ultimate wants to keep installing the following > two updat...

Missing menu items
I'm using Outlook 2003, and somehow, menu items are missing. For example, the Tools menu is missing Send/Receive Rules and Alerts and the Actions menu is missing New Mail Message New Mail Message using... Forward It's the same with other menus, as well. I've tried creating a new profile, removing and reinstalling Outlook, then removing and reinstalling MS Office 2003 completely. The options continue to be missing, and are not available using the Customize option, either... Anyone have a clue? Thanks. - Tim Do you have any mail accounts in your prof...

Updating User's Contacts centrally
Our mother company is changing their email address...so to make it easier to the end users we are looking for a way to centrally update the email addresses to have the new domain suffix... eg Current address - forename.surname@bigcompany.co.uk Newer address - forename.surname@newbigcompanyname.com Of course we could just send an email out...but ideally we want to do it centrally. These contacts are held in individual mailboxes. We do have an account that has Full Mailbox Access to ALL mailboxes. Please please please be easy.... ct Try this link to export / import the data. Use Exc...

Error: Unable to load Application.COMAddiIns.Item...
When opening a saved file i get the following error: Unable to load Application.COMAddiIns.Item ("PPCMenu.dsrPPCMenuExcel").object.clsMenuManager Can anyone suggest a fix Could be a problem with one of the Add-ins. Remove the Add-ins one after another. After each deletion, try to open the file and see if it can be opened without the error message. Regards, Murthy "Jeff" <Jgregorc@stonecarlie.com> wrote in message news:0f9b01c3beac$fe08ae60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When opening a saved file i get the following error: > > Unable to load Application.COMAddiI...