Update Price A,B&C automatically when I change Regular Price

Hi,

I have 6 stores with Hq and implement Price Levels A, B and C for
different stores. Around 50% of my 20,000 items have different prices
for A,B,c and regular prices.

Is it possible or is there a solution out there whereby if I change
the regular price that Price A, B and C would automatically change
based on previous relationships like this example.

Regular = 1.00, A = 1.10, B = 1.20 etc. Change Regular to 2.00 and A
would auto change to 2.20 and so on.

This would really be a time saver!!

thanks in advance.
0
jfinn659 (8)
5/8/2008 4:14:59 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

an auto change is possible only with database, or only with an add-on,
but not with standard rms

cod
0
wolfcod (116)
5/9/2008 8:41:52 AM
You could run this in SO Admin daily or after price changes:

UPDATE Item SET PriceA = Price * 1.1
UPDATE Item SET PriceB = Price * 1.2

I'm not sure how to set a trigger, but this is the SQL.

Maybe a developer would tell us how to make a trigger fire this SQL every
time a price changes.

<jfinn659@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have 6 stores with Hq and implement Price Levels A, B and C for
> different stores. Around 50% of my 20,000 items have different prices
> for A,B,c and regular prices.
>
> Is it possible or is there a solution out there whereby if I change
> the regular price that Price A, B and C would automatically change
> based on previous relationships like this example.
>
> Regular = 1.00, A = 1.10, B = 1.20 etc. Change Regular to 2.00 and A
> would auto change to 2.20 and so on.
>
> This would really be a time saver!!
>
> thanks in advance.

What you need is a database trigger.  If you would like help figuring out
the specifics please feel free to email me.  We have done similar things for
many customers in the past and this is a fast and easy solution to this type
of problem.

--
Thank you,

Ryan Sakry
Program Manager
Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
rsakry@rite.us
http://www.rite.us
320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
320-230-1796 (Fax)
<jfinn659@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have 6 stores with Hq and implement Price Levels A, B and C for
> different stores. Around 50% of my 20,000 items have different prices
> for A,B,c and regular prices.
>
> Is it possible or is there a solution out there whereby if I change
> the regular price that Price A, B and C would automatically change
> based on previous relationships like this example.
>
> Regular = 1.00, A = 1.10, B = 1.20 etc. Change Regular to 2.00 and A
> would auto change to 2.20 and so on.
>
> This would really be a time saver!!
>
> thanks in advance.

0
rsakry (322)
5/9/2008 4:25:14 PM
Would be nice to post answer...for ALL to see.
Dan
"Ryan @ RITE" <rsakry@rite.us> wrote in message
> What you need is a database trigger.  If you would like help figuring out
> the specifics please feel free to email me.  We have done similar things
> for many customers in the past and this is a fast and easy solution to
> this type of problem.
>
> --
> Thank you,
>
> Ryan Sakry
> Program Manager
> Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
> rsakry@rite.us
> http://www.rite.us
> 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
> 320-230-1796 (Fax)
> <jfinn659@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have 6 stores with Hq and implement Price Levels A, B and C for
>> different stores. Around 50% of my 20,000 items have different prices
>> for A,B,c and regular prices.
>>
>> Is it possible or is there a solution out there whereby if I change
>> the regular price that Price A, B and C would automatically change
>> based on previous relationships like this example.
>>
>> Regular = 1.00, A = 1.10, B = 1.20 etc. Change Regular to 2.00 and A
>> would auto change to 2.20 and so on.
>>
>> This would really be a time saver!!
>>
>> thanks in advance.

0
AliaS1 (93)
5/9/2008 9:43:30 PM
Three ways-
1) Run sql statement from SA after every price change
2) Create a store procedure and run it on a scheduled basis - like every day
3) Create a trigger that will run automatically based on a database event...
see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189799.aspx ( ie: trigger
could run after every new product insert and/or every product update)

So which solution depends on if you would be changing many prices at once or
other business rules that may apply ...like if you wanted to change all
prices in category = xxxx to price = price *1.10 (10 % increase) , etc...

Dan

<jfinn659@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have 6 stores with Hq and implement Price Levels A, B and C for
> different stores. Around 50% of my 20,000 items have different prices
> for A,B,c and regular prices.
>
> Is it possible or is there a solution out there whereby if I change
> the regular price that Price A, B and C would automatically change
> based on previous relationships like this example.
>
> Regular = 1.00, A = 1.10, B = 1.20 etc. Change Regular to 2.00 and A
> would auto change to 2.20 and so on.
>
> This would really be a time saver!!
>
> thanks in advance.

0
AliaS1 (93)
5/10/2008 3:06:49 PM
I have the same issue, except mine is a little more complex. Price A for
items in department X is 5% off, but Price A for department Y is 10% off.
The pricing wizard works fine for this, however it can be error prone, and
sometimes I forget to do it for a couple of days, which ends up costing me
$'s. If anyone has a good procedure for doing this I would like to hear it.
Craig

"Dan-902" <alias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Three ways-
> 1) Run sql statement from SA after every price change
> 2) Create a store procedure and run it on a scheduled basis - like every
> day
> 3) Create a trigger that will run automatically based on a database
> event... see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189799.aspx ( ie:
> trigger could run after every new product insert and/or every product
> update)
>
> So which solution depends on if you would be changing many prices at once
> or other business rules that may apply ...like if you wanted to change all
> prices in category = xxxx to price = price *1.10 (10 % increase) , etc...
>
> Dan
>
> <jfinn659@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have 6 stores with Hq and implement Price Levels A, B and C for
>> different stores. Around 50% of my 20,000 items have different prices
>> for A,B,c and regular prices.
>>
>> Is it possible or is there a solution out there whereby if I change
>> the regular price that Price A, B and C would automatically change
>> based on previous relationships like this example.
>>
>> Regular = 1.00, A = 1.10, B = 1.20 etc. Change Regular to 2.00 and A
>> would auto change to 2.20 and so on.
>>
>> This would really be a time saver!!
>>
>> thanks in advance.

0
craig6967 (916)
5/10/2008 3:44:24 PM
hi ALL CHECK THIS i done for someone in newsgroup but the similar approach we
can use: yes trigger is the best choice but noteout the procedure also, i
done most of the jobs using procedure programming and schedule them.

CREATE TRIGGER updPrices ON Item
FOR INSERT, UPDATE
AS
--  IF (COLUMNS_UPDATED() & 2097152) > 0
   IF UPDATE(CategoryID)
    UPDATE Item
      SET Price = ROUND(Item.Cost / .75, 2), -- 25% margin
          PriceA = ROUND(Item.Cost / .85, 2), -- 15% margin
          PriceB = ROUND(Item.Cost / .87, 2), -- 13% margin
          PriceC = ROUND(Item.Cost / .90, 2) -- 10% margin
      FROM Category,Inserted I
        WHERE I.CategoryID = Category.ID AND Category.Name = 'Airplane'
           AND I.ID=Item.ID
GO

Or send your all requirement I will modify this per your needs. Rate me once
it works for you.

Akber

"Craig" wrote:

> I have the same issue, except mine is a little more complex. Price A for
> items in department X is 5% off, but Price A for department Y is 10% off.
> The pricing wizard works fine for this, however it can be error prone, and
> sometimes I forget to do it for a couple of days, which ends up costing me
> $'s. If anyone has a good procedure for doing this I would like to hear it.
> Craig
>
> "Dan-902" <alias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Three ways-
> > 1) Run sql statement from SA after every price change
> > 2) Create a store procedure and run it on a scheduled basis - like every
> > day
> > 3) Create a trigger that will run automatically based on a database
> > event... see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189799.aspx ( ie:
> > trigger could run after every new product insert and/or every product
> > update)
> >
> > So which solution depends on if you would be changing many prices at once
> > or other business rules that may apply ...like if you wanted to change all
> > prices in category = xxxx to price = price *1.10 (10 % increase) , etc...
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > <jfinn659@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have 6 stores with Hq and implement Price Levels A, B and C for
> >> different stores. Around 50% of my 20,000 items have different prices
> >> for A,B,c and regular prices.
> >>
> >> Is it possible or is there a solution out there whereby if I change
> >> the regular price that Price A, B and C would automatically change
> >> based on previous relationships like this example.
> >>
> >> Regular = 1.00, A = 1.10, B = 1.20 etc. Change Regular to 2.00 and A
> >> would auto change to 2.20 and so on.
> >>
> >> This would really be a time saver!!
> >>
> >> thanks in advance.

0
AkberAlwani (916)
5/12/2008 4:59:07 AM
On May 12, 5:59=A0am, Akber Alwani
<AkberAlw...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> hi ALL CHECK THIS i done for someone in newsgroup but the similar approach=
 we
> can use: yes trigger is the best choice but noteout the procedure also, i
> done most of the jobs using procedure programming and schedule them.
>
> CREATE TRIGGER updPrices ON Item
> FOR INSERT, UPDATE
> AS
> -- =A0IF (COLUMNS_UPDATED() & 2097152) > 0
> =A0 =A0IF UPDATE(CategoryID)
> =A0 =A0 UPDATE Item
> =A0 =A0 =A0 SET Price =3D ROUND(Item.Cost / .75, 2), -- 25% margin
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 PriceA =3D ROUND(Item.Cost / .85, 2), -- 15% margin
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 PriceB =3D ROUND(Item.Cost / .87, 2), -- 13% margin
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 PriceC =3D ROUND(Item.Cost / .90, 2) -- 10% margin
> =A0 =A0 =A0 FROM Category,Inserted I
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 WHERE I.CategoryID =3D Category.ID AND Category.Name =3D '=
Airplane'
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0AND I.ID=3DItem.ID
> GO
>
> Or send your all requirement I will modify this per your needs. Rate me on=
ce
> it works for you.
>
> Akber
>

> "Craig" wrote:
> > I have the same issue, except mine is a little more complex. Price A for=

> > items in department X is 5% off, but Price A for department Y is 10% off=
..
> > The pricing wizard works fine for this, however it can be error prone, a=
nd
> > sometimes I forget to do it for a couple of days, which ends up costing =
me
> > $'s. If anyone has a good procedure for doing this I would like to hear =
it.
> > Craig
>
> > "Dan-902" <al...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Three ways-
> > > 1) Run sql statement from SA after every price change
> > > 2) Create a store procedure and run it on a scheduled basis - like eve=
ry
> > > day
> > > 3) Create a trigger that will run automatically based on a database
> > > event... seehttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189799.aspx( ie:=

> > > trigger could run after every new product insert and/or every product
> > > update)
>
> > > So which solution depends on if you would be changing many prices at o=
nce
> > > or other business rules that may apply ...like if you wanted to change=
 all
> > > prices in category =3D xxxx to price =3D price *1.10 (10 % increase) ,=
 etc...

> > > Dan
>
> > > <jfinn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

jfinn659 (8)
5/23/2008 10:52:14 AM
On May 12, 5:59=A0am, Akber Alwani
<AkberAlw...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> hi ALL CHECK THIS i done for someone in newsgroup but the similar approach=
 we
> can use: yes trigger is the best choice but noteout the procedure also, i
> done most of the jobs using procedure programming and schedule them.
>
> CREATE TRIGGER updPrices ON Item
> FOR INSERT, UPDATE
> AS
> -- =A0IF (COLUMNS_UPDATED() & 2097152) > 0
> =A0 =A0IF UPDATE(CategoryID)
> =A0 =A0 UPDATE Item
> =A0 =A0 =A0 SET Price =3D ROUND(Item.Cost / .75, 2), -- 25% margin
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 PriceA =3D ROUND(Item.Cost / .85, 2), -- 15% margin
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 PriceB =3D ROUND(Item.Cost / .87, 2), -- 13% margin
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 PriceC =3D ROUND(Item.Cost / .90, 2) -- 10% margin
> =A0 =A0 =A0 FROM Category,Inserted I
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 WHERE I.CategoryID =3D Category.ID AND Category.Name =3D '=
Airplane'
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0AND I.ID=3DItem.ID
> GO
>
> Or send your all requirement I will modify this per your needs. Rate me on=
ce
> it works for you.
>
> Akber
>

> "Craig" wrote:
> > I have the same issue, except mine is a little more complex. Price A for=

> > items in department X is 5% off, but Price A for department Y is 10% off=
..
> > The pricing wizard works fine for this, however it can be error prone, a=
nd
> > sometimes I forget to do it for a couple of days, which ends up costing =
me
> > $'s. If anyone has a good procedure for doing this I would like to hear =
it.
> > Craig
>
> > "Dan-902" <al...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Three ways-
> > > 1) Run sql statement from SA after every price change
> > > 2) Create a store procedure and run it on a scheduled basis - like eve=
ry
> > > day
> > > 3) Create a trigger that will run automatically based on a database
> > > event... seehttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189799.aspx( ie:=

> > > trigger could run after every new product insert and/or every product
> > > update)
>
> > > So which solution depends on if you would be changing many prices at o=
nce
> > > or other business rules that may apply ...like if you wanted to change=
 all
> > > prices in category =3D xxxx to price =3D price *1.10 (10 % increase) ,=
 etc...

> > > Dan
>
> > > <jfinn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Thanks all, have found someone to create an add on so hopefully it
will work!

Thanks for all suggestions.
0
jfinn659 (8)
5/23/2008 10:53:43 AM
Hi Akber, this looks suspicously like the query i asked our partner to do
(same percentages). Good job, thanks for the query. It updates all our price
levels at stores, but dont forget you need to do a worksheet to send the
update down to stores.

"jfinn659@gmail.com" wrote:

> On May 12, 5:59 am, Akber Alwani
> <AkberAlw...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > hi ALL CHECK THIS i done for someone in newsgroup but the similar approach we
> > can use: yes trigger is the best choice but noteout the procedure also, i
> > done most of the jobs using procedure programming and schedule them.
> >
> > CREATE TRIGGER updPrices ON Item
> > FOR INSERT, UPDATE
> > AS
> > --  IF (COLUMNS_UPDATED() & 2097152) > 0
> >    IF UPDATE(CategoryID)
> >     UPDATE Item
> >       SET Price = ROUND(Item.Cost / .75, 2), -- 25% margin
> >           PriceA = ROUND(Item.Cost / .85, 2), -- 15% margin
> >           PriceB = ROUND(Item.Cost / .87, 2), -- 13% margin
> >           PriceC = ROUND(Item.Cost / .90, 2) -- 10% margin
> >       FROM Category,Inserted I
> >         WHERE I.CategoryID = Category.ID AND Category.Name = 'Airplane'
> >            AND I.ID=Item.ID
> > GO
> >
> > Or send your all requirement I will modify this per your needs. Rate me once
> > it works for you.
> >
> > Akber
> >

> > "Craig" wrote:
> > > I have the same issue, except mine is a little more complex. Price A for
> > > items in department X is 5% off, but Price A for department Y is 10% off..
> > > The pricing wizard works fine for this, however it can be error prone, and
> > > sometimes I forget to do it for a couple of days, which ends up costing me
> > > $'s. If anyone has a good procedure for doing this I would like to hear it.
> > > Craig
> >
> > > "Dan-902" <al...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Thanks all, have found someone to create an add on so hopefully it
> will work!
>
> Thanks for all suggestions.

0
Shaun (103)
5/27/2008 9:03:00 PM
Is it possible to do a query to get a list of all triggers set in a
database?

"Shaun" <Shaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Akber, this looks suspicously like the query i asked our partner to do
> (same percentages). Good job, thanks for the query. It updates all our
> price
> levels at stores, but dont forget you need to do a worksheet to send the
> update down to stores.
>
> "jfinn659@gmail.com" wrote:
>
>> On May 12, 5:59 am, Akber Alwani
>> <AkberAlw...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> > hi ALL CHECK THIS i done for someone in newsgroup but the similar
>> > approach we
>> > can use: yes trigger is the best choice but noteout the procedure also,
>> > done most of the jobs using procedure programming and schedule them.
>> >
>> > CREATE TRIGGER updPrices ON Item
>> > FOR INSERT, UPDATE
>> > AS
>> > --  IF (COLUMNS_UPDATED() & 2097152) > 0
>> >    IF UPDATE(CategoryID)
>> >     UPDATE Item
>> >       SET Price = ROUND(Item.Cost / .75, 2), -- 25% margin
>> >           PriceA = ROUND(Item.Cost / .85, 2), -- 15% margin
>> >           PriceB = ROUND(Item.Cost / .87, 2), -- 13% margin
>> >           PriceC = ROUND(Item.Cost / .90, 2) -- 10% margin
>> >       FROM Category,Inserted I
>> >         WHERE I.CategoryID = Category.ID AND Category.Name = 'Airplane'
>> >            AND I.ID=Item.ID
>> > GO
>> >
>> > Or send your all requirement I will modify this per your needs. Rate me
>> > once
>> > it works for you.
>> >
>> > Akber

>> Thanks all, have found someone to create an add on so hopefully it
>> will work!
>>
>> Thanks for all suggestions.

How To Raise Prices Without Losing Sales
The secrets of making customers HAPPY to pay HIGHER prices. Raising your price will have a HUGE impact on your bottom line. 12 "invisible" ways to raise prices. Do you offer coupons? Rebates? Discount promotions? "Tweak" what you offer - so you can price higher. "Packaging" changes that increase value to customers. How changing your ads can let you raise prices! How to conclude sales negotiations -- with fatter profits. Profit-raising opportunities provided by your competitors. No time-wasting mumbo-jumbo theories! http://sales.cpa-site.com/more.htm ...

MS Money 2000
I bought my copy of Ms Money 2000 whilst in the US. I moved back to the UK and changed the base currency to GBP. Now when I try to update stock quotes, I get a response that says I have to re-install. I have the original CD but I am not sure if the problem will go away. Anybody have a solution that will enable me update my quotes? Other aspects work well. -- I2CanWin I know I have a brain I just can't lay my hands on it ...

How do you update Professional Services Tools Library?
We just got some tools from the PSTL. The disc intall delivers 9.0.0 but the d/l fixes relevant problems and is 9.0.19. I have placed the cnk file in the chunk folder in the network client install but that hasn't updated the version. Can someone point me to the proper methods? Thanks! If you set it up as an automatic client update it will copy the chunk file down and include it in the dictionary when the client logs in. -- Robert "-fgw" wrote: > We just got some tools from the PSTL. The disc intall delivers 9.0.0 but the > d/l fixes relevant problems and is 9...

Changing sort order of "name" in Contacts
The "Name" field (which I prefer to the indiviual "first" and "last" fields) is sorting by last name. I would like to change this behavior to sort by first. Can this be done?<br> <br> So far, I'm disappointed in Entourage. It's so... uncustomizable :( Yes, you can. If you customise the View so that First Name is visible, you can then sort on it. I put it right at the end of the row so it's off the screen. I look at the "combined" name field, but I sort (in my case, by last name) by a field I am not looking at. Cheers On 10/0...

installing update for Office for mac v. X
Downloaded update. When tried to install the update, error message showed, "Default location required for this installation could not be found. This installation will be cancelled." How do I install the update? Thanks for your help. et On 12/16/03 7:51 AM, in article 0cae01c3c3ec$7c18bcc0$a301280a@phx.gbl, "ed" <edtacie@cet.com> wrote: > Downloaded update. When tried to install the update, error message > showed, "Default location required for this installation could not be > found. This installation will be cancelled." > > How do I ins...

How do I change the x axis in a line chart
I have two sets of data and want to swap the y and x axes around. right click in chart select "source data" from the "series" tab select new values in the "name", "values", and "Category(x) axis labels" "Ric" wrote: > I have two sets of data and want to swap the y and x axes around. ...

Failed to Update Headers
I run Exchange 2003 on a Enterprise Server 2003. We are running Outlook 2003 at the office and some users use Outlook XP (2002) at home. When the client connects to his mailbox through IMAP, everything seems to work fine. However, periodically the user receives a pop-up message stating "Failed to Update Headers", and when expanding on the error pop-up, it reads IMAP error and lists the standard ports we use. The message will sometimes pop-up every couple minutes, or sometimes every few hours, but regardless it is very annoying to the users, and it appears something is wrong s...

Apply this important update
--dbggttfmioewqgyod Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zltrhkwnfrcj"; type="multipart/alternative" --zltrhkwnfrcj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qxkhcnbuwsfgwpalc" --qxkhcnbuwsfgwpalc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "December 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from th...

automatic column.autofit
I have a csv text file that I want to automatically open with column autofit. the text file is generated from a query to a remote database, so it cannot contain any code. pls advise mechanism. Igor CSV files are just plain ascii text files. They'll never contain code. So you could have a wrapper workbook that opens the .csv and does your formatting or you could do it manually. Igor Lisbaron wrote: > > I have a csv text file that I want to automatically open with column > autofit. > the text file is generated from a query to a remote database, so it cannot > contain ...

Unable to install update 12.1.0
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have downloaded Update 12.1.0 but when i open the installer, a problem occurs. I can't select a destination-volume and I get the following message: "You cannot install Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." The software on my computer is version 12.0.1. ...

Pivot Table Refresh Changes Color Scheme for Some Cells
Office 2007 XP SP3 I want to display a Pivot Table output in a certain (blue) format. When I refresh a Pivot Table, the color scheme on some cells changes, in my case from blue to orange. Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated. 8^> ...

Portfolio Total Change Column
Wonder if this is a bug. In the Total Change Column, the numbers are not correct. For example, I have several stocks that are down today but the column is showing positive values. The grand total is also showing a positive value although it should be negative. Anybody else having this problem? Greg ...

Updating mapped fields
I made a mapping from account to a contact. The fields that are mapped are the general adress fields. When I create a new contact from an account the adress values from the parent account are used for the new contact. So far so good. My problem is that I want to automatically update the adress fields of a contact when the values change in the parent account. This isn't done automatically by MS CRM. Is there a way to do this? I've tried to create a manual workflow rule that will do this, but that won't work I think. Does anybody have a solution or some pointer for me? Thanks in a...

Run macros automatically-AutoFit
I've used Jim Rech's autofit macro for merged cells. It works great. Thanks! Seems I have to use alt-f8 to run the macro and make the merged cells autofit everytime I make a change (add text). Is there a way to make it work automatically, perhaps so that the macro is "always running"? See my response in another newsgroup, Cindy. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Cindy B" <neverspam@charter.net> wrote in message news:744AF26A-A06B-4B5F-A37F-D222DE66A1E3@microsoft.com... > I've used Jim Rech's autofit macro for mer...

Excel Embedded Object not Updating
In order to get the functionality and graphing ability of Excel I placed an unbound Excel Object on a form with the spreadsheet data source linked to another Excel file external to the database. My problem is when I open this form, I can't get the data in the graph to update unless I double click and "activate" the object. Is there a way to force the object to update automatically upon opening the form ? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Adam ...

Range formula possible to update summary page with new entries when new sheets created?
I'm not sure what this would entail but is there a way to fix our summary pages to include formulas or whatever that more automatically update links from the sheets linked to them when new sheets are added to each workbook? The reason I ask is because my colleagues are dealing with four workbooks that each have about 15 worksheets minimum. Every time a new employee is hired, a new employee sheet is created by copying one from another employee and modifying the entries to reflect the new person. Unfortunately, the summary sheet doesn't automatically include working links when they co...

SOP / POP Price changes and part number changes
We use the SOP/POP link when ordering items for a customer. Is there a way to have part number / prices changes automatically update the POP or SOP if either the purchase order or sales order is updated. Also - currently, we delete an SOP line if the part number changes. Is there a way to change the part number after it has been entered without deleting it. Debbie ...

Problem with after update code in field that disables another field
Hi I want to be able to disable the Non Member field in a record when something is entered in the Member field. Unfortunately, the code I am usng below disables the Non Member field in *all* records, and the database has to be closed and reopened to get round this before data entry can continue. I'd be grateful if someone could show me the correction, Thanks. Private Sub Member_AfterUpdate() If Not IsNull([Member]) Then Me![Non Members].Enabled = False Else Me![Non Members].Enabled = True End If End Sub Sam, You need to put that same code in on the OnCurrent event of the form...

added line won't update accross sheets
having multiple sheets in a workbook the first four sheets updaye the fifth sheet. If I add a line the new line will not update to the other sheets. is there anyway to make this work? You're saying that you have formulas on the fifth worksheet that refer to cells on the first four worksheets and that when you make an entry in a cell on one of the first four sheets to which no formula in the fifth sheet refers to, that a formula does not magically appear there? If that's what you want you're going to have to create new formulas yourself on the fifth sheet, or copy existing ...

updating Office 2008 from 12.0.0 to 12.1.0
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Step by step, how do you update? I've been trying for two days and no luck yet. In article <59b77721.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Texas_Rex@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Power PC > > Step by step, how do you update? I've been trying for two days and no luck > yet. I just did it a few days ago. First, I ran the Remove utility in the Microsoft Office 2008/Additional Tools folder. I then used my 12.0.0 disc for a n...

Change minus numbers to zero in cell
Would anyone know how to change a negitive number back to a(0)in excell. Thanks Bob EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Sub chgnegnumtozero() For Each c In Selection If c.Value < 0 Then c.Value = 0 Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <Bob> wrote in message news:20061023172956bob.winder@doerfercompanies.com... > Would anyone know how to change a negitive number back to a(0)in excell. > > Thanks Bob > > EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice > http://www.eggheadcafe.com En...

Exch 5.5 How to Change Default View GAL
Can anyone tell me if there is a server side way to change the default view of the GAL to be "All Users" instead of "Global Address List" for all clients? I don't want to have to manually change the Outlook profile of over 1200 accounts ...

Outlook Calender and Task Entries +Time Zone Changes
Good morning, I have an issue with a Outlook when tasks and calender objects are inserted. The office in question is on a large ship, and the time is adjusted as the ship passed across time zones by a small utility that updates the time zone on all client and server devices. This works perfectly well. The only issue that we have is with existing entries in an Outlook calender or task times. If the zone changes, and the orginal time of a calender entry was for 0900, and the zone shifts to +0100, the time of that entry will move to 1000. This is quite frustrating... Any ideas? Is there ...

Try this corrective update for Windows
--bwbyujxozxvvfgkoj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dxslqsnvlsnz"; type="multipart/alternative" --dxslqsnvlsnz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mcsszxsuxwtdg" --mcsszxsuxwtdg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

Chart not updating (Recently moved to Excel XP)
Since we upgraded to Microsoft Excel we have had a problem with miscelanious graphs not updating. I have gone to options and checked automatic update correctly, and still the problem contiues. For this email I am focusing on one of my more important graphs. Background: 1) We recently converted the office from Excel 97 to Excel XP, worked great before the upgrade. 2) The graph is pulling from hidden sheets that have data imported to it from an Access 97 database. 3) The graph that is not updating includes bars and lines. Any help you might be able to provide would be GREATLY ...