Update of Inter-Store transfer orders

I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."

Has anyone found a workaround?

My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from the
transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not available.
They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy may
also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.

Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use is
HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!

I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update thier
transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on each
end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HI Jason,
The first of all you have to enable the option in HQ with following:
Go to File > Configuration and enable this

Automatically create inter-store receiving inventory order = check it
Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order = check it.
So when you make transfer out in Store A it and then run the HQ Sync could
be 401 or 402 then the data of transfer out move from Store A to Store B and
at the Store B it create transfer In Documents.

"Jason" wrote:

> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
>
> Has anyone found a workaround?
>
> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from the
> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not available.
> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy may
> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
>
> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use is
> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
>
> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update thier
> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on each
> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

0
AkberAlwani (916)
4/24/2007 5:04:01 AM
That is not what I am talking about. I mean once the transfer is sent to the
other store, changes made at either location are not reflected at the other
one.

I know this subject has been discussed many times before, but the time is
come for us to collectively find a workaround. I am willing to help, pay,
contribute - whatever. I just need this FIXED!

"Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI Jason,
> The first of all you have to enable the option in HQ with following:
> Go to File > Configuration and enable this
>
> Automatically create inter-store receiving inventory order = check it
> Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order = check it.
> So when you make transfer out in Store A it and then run the HQ Sync could
> be 401 or 402 then the data of transfer out move from Store A to Store B
> and
> at the Store B it create transfer In Documents.
>

> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
>> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
>> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
>>
>> Has anyone found a workaround?
>>
>> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
>> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from
>> the
>> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not
>> available.
>> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy
>> may
>> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
>> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
>>
>> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
>> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use
>> is
>> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
>>
>> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
>> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update
>> thier
>> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on
>> each
>> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

HI Jason, as soon as I read your words of workaround there is good think hit
on my mind. send me the email of your database names, at store and HQ and
then I will write a detail specification set how we can perform the changes
at both end.

We need to develop small app either in VB or SQL it self and implement this.
my email ID is my last name plus 89 and hotmail.

"Jason" wrote:

> That is not what I am talking about. I mean once the transfer is sent to the
> other store, changes made at either location are not reflected at the other
> one.
>
> I know this subject has been discussed many times before, but the time is
> come for us to collectively find a workaround. I am willing to help, pay,
> contribute - whatever. I just need this FIXED!
>

> "Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI Jason,
> > The first of all you have to enable the option in HQ with following:
> > Go to File > Configuration and enable this
> >
> > Automatically create inter-store receiving inventory order = check it
> > Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order = check it.
> > So when you make transfer out in Store A it and then run the HQ Sync could
> > be 401 or 402 then the data of transfer out move from Store A to Store B
> > and
> > at the Store B it create transfer In Documents.
> >

> > "Jason" wrote:
> >
> >> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
> >> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
> >> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
> >>
> >> Has anyone found a workaround?
> >>
> >> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
> >> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from
> >> the
> >> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not
> >> available.
> >> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy
> >> may
> >> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
> >> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
> >>
> >> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
> >> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use
> >> is
> >> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
> >>
> >> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
> >> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update
> >> thier
> >> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on
> >> each
> >> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

0
AkberAlwani (916)
4/24/2007 1:40:00 PM
Jason, forget it.  Sorry for the bad news, but as they say: the truth hurts.

The 'workaround' you seek is this.  Don't make any changes to placed orders.

Is this a major shortcoming?  YES.

Does MS plan to fix it?  I HOPE SO, BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS.

As far as I can tell, Headquarters is an afterthought.  The software was
designed for a single-store environment then modified to accomodate
multi-store customers.

If RMS were intended from day one as a multi-store platform, you wouldn't
have to call HQ to get a phone number/mailing address changed for a customer
(or any of a long list of 'HQ only' functions.

Of course, if RMS were *truly* multi-store, it'd cost about 5X as much...

I feel your pain.
Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"Jason" wrote:

> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
>
> Has anyone found a workaround?
>
> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from the
> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not available.
> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy may
> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
>
> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use is
> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
>
> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update thier
> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on each
> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

0
tomg2938 (389)
4/24/2007 8:04:03 PM
One more thing - more specific to your issue.

Have your warehouse guys fill the order but not add any items.  If add'l
items are sent, have the whse folks send a separate transfer out order with
only the add'l items.

Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"Jason" wrote:

> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
>
> Has anyone found a workaround?
>
> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from the
> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not available.
> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy may
> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
>
> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use is
> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
>
> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update thier
> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on each
> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

0
tomg2938 (389)
4/24/2007 8:08:03 PM
I do not accept your response. I will not forget it. There IS a solution.
Obviously it CAN be done. It might not be easy. It might not be neat and
tidy. It might even be expensive :)

The data is there. It is just in two seperate databases. It's just a matter
of syncing it up on demand. Since both Store Ops databases are accessible
from a single location, there is a way to do it (even without HQ knowing
about it).

I have already successfully downloaded the data from the two databases into
Excel and figured out how to "sync" the data in a somewhat automated way.
The questions is how to get it back into the database...

At least now I can quickly identify the differences between the transfer
orders. That was previously a major chore itself. But there is still the
task of making the orders match at each location, which is still a very
manual proposition.

"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> Jason, forget it.  Sorry for the bad news, but as they say: the truth
> hurts.
>
> The 'workaround' you seek is this.  Don't make any changes to placed
> orders.
>
> Is this a major shortcoming?  YES.
>
> Does MS plan to fix it?  I HOPE SO, BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS.
>
> As far as I can tell, Headquarters is an afterthought.  The software was
> designed for a single-store environment then modified to accomodate
> multi-store customers.
>
> If RMS were intended from day one as a multi-store platform, you wouldn't
> have to call HQ to get a phone number/mailing address changed for a
> customer
> (or any of a long list of 'HQ only' functions.
>
> Of course, if RMS were *truly* multi-store, it'd cost about 5X as much...
>

> I feel your pain.
> Tom
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>

> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
>> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
>> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
>>
>> Has anyone found a workaround?
>>
>> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
>> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from
>> the
>> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not
>> available.
>> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy
>> may
>> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
>> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
>>
>> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
>> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use
>> is
>> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
>>
>> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
>> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update
>> thier
>> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on
>> each
>> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

That does not help the receiving store. The second transfer might match the
physical transfer of goods in this case, but the original transfer is pretty
worthless if the sending store could not fulfill the request fully.

In my business the requesting store does a transfer request. The sending
store is likely to have about 50% of the line items requested, and even then
they do not typically send the full quantity requested for each item.

I hate duplicated effort almost as much as wasted effort. I am getting a
double whammy here.

> One more thing - more specific to your issue.
>
> Have your warehouse guys fill the order but not add any items.  If add'l
> items are sent, have the whse folks send a separate transfer out order
> with
> only the add'l items.
>
> Tom
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>

> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
>> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
>> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
>>
>> Has anyone found a workaround?
>>
>> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
>> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from
>> the
>> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not
>> available.
>> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy
>> may
>> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
>> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
>>
>> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
>> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use
>> is
>> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
>>
>> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
>> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update
>> thier
>> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on
>> each
>> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

The 'solution' would be for RMS to include transfer order updates in the
regularly scheduled WS401.  Regardless of where the transfer order
originated, all updates would be sent to/from all stores.  The 'trouble' with
this scenario is that both stores could enter conflicting data between
updates.  What then?

Anything else will be a cumbersome PITA.

If you come up with a solution, I'd love to hear it.

Still feeling you pain - transfers are one of my biggest problem areas -

Tom

--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"Jason" wrote:

> [...]
> >> available.
> >> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy
> >> may
> >> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
> >> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
> >>
> >> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
> >> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use
> >> is
> >> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
> >>
> >> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
> >> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update
> >> thier
> >> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on
> >> each
> >> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

4/24/2007 9:24:03 PM
SO has the functionality to contact and "check stores" for inventory. The
solution would be to have the store connect to HQ before and after a
transfer is modified and prevent changes when changes are being made. The
bottom line is that HQ should "own" the transfer order until both stores
"agree" on the transfer. I realize that this would require an inherent
change to RMS - not likely. So a workaround is the only option at this time.

At a minimum, you should be able to request that your changes are propagated
to the other store. Rules could be established for conflicts. In my case, I
always want store A to have precedence over store B.

At this point, I am thinking about abandoning HQ all together for transfers
and developing an external solution that modifies the SO database
inventories.

If my partner had told me that this was the way it would be, I would have
never invested in HQ, and probably moved to something other than RMS. But I
am stuck with this investment now, and I need to make it work.

Any other creative ideas out there before I embark on my journey to develop
a solution?

Jason

> The 'solution' would be for RMS to include transfer order updates in the
> regularly scheduled WS401.  Regardless of where the transfer order
> originated, all updates would be sent to/from all stores.  The 'trouble'
> with
> this scenario is that both stores could enter conflicting data between
> updates.  What then?
>
> Anything else will be a cumbersome PITA.
>
> If you come up with a solution, I'd love to hear it.
>
> Still feeling you pain - transfers are one of my biggest problem areas -
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>

> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> I do not accept your response. I will not forget it. There IS a solution.
>> Obviously it CAN be done. It might not be easy. It might not be neat and
>> tidy. It might even be expensive :)
>>
>> The data is there. It is just in two seperate databases. It's just a
>> matter
>> of syncing it up on demand. Since both Store Ops databases are accessible
>> from a single location, there is a way to do it (even without HQ knowing
>> about it).
>>
>> I have already successfully downloaded the data from the two databases
>> into
>> Excel and figured out how to "sync" the data in a somewhat automated way.
>> The questions is how to get it back into the database...
>>
>> At least now I can quickly identify the differences between the transfer
>> orders. That was previously a major chore itself. But there is still the
>> task of making the orders match at each location, which is still a very
>> manual proposition.
>>

>> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
>> > Jason, forget it.  Sorry for the bad news, but as they say: the truth
>> > hurts.
>> >
>> > The 'workaround' you seek is this.  Don't make any changes to placed
>> > orders.
>> >
>> > Is this a major shortcoming?  YES.
>> >
>> > Does MS plan to fix it?  I HOPE SO, BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS.
>> >
>> > As far as I can tell, Headquarters is an afterthought.  The software
>> > was
>> > designed for a single-store environment then modified to accomodate
>> > multi-store customers.
>> >
>> > If RMS were intended from day one as a multi-store platform, you
>> > wouldn't
>> > have to call HQ to get a phone number/mailing address changed for a
>> > customer
>> > (or any of a long list of 'HQ only' functions.
>> >
>> > Of course, if RMS were *truly* multi-store, it'd cost about 5X as
>> > much...
>> >

>> > I feel your pain.
>> > Tom
>> > --
>> > Stop fishing for e-mail

Akber - I sent you a private email, but did not get a response. You still
out there?

> HI Jason, as soon as I read your words of workaround there is good think
> hit
> on my mind. send me the email of your database names, at store and HQ and
> then I will write a detail specification set how we can perform the
> changes
> at both end.
>
> We need to develop small app either in VB or SQL it self and implement
> this.
> my email ID is my last name plus 89 and hotmail.
>
> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> That is not what I am talking about. I mean once the transfer is sent to
>> the
>> other store, changes made at either location are not reflected at the
>> other
>> one.
>>
>> I know this subject has been discussed many times before, but the time is
>> come for us to collectively find a workaround. I am willing to help, pay,
>> contribute - whatever. I just need this FIXED!
>>

>> "Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > HI Jason,
>> > The first of all you have to enable the option in HQ with following:
>> > Go to File > Configuration and enable this
>> >
>> > Automatically create inter-store receiving inventory order = check it
>> > Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order = check it.
>> > So when you make transfer out in Store A it and then run the HQ Sync
>> > could
>> > be 401 or 402 then the data of transfer out move from Store A to Store
>> > and
>> > at the Store B it create transfer In Documents.

M2004 update error
Lately I have been getting errors in downloading M2004 update. Today I see "An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If the problem persists, re-install Money from your original disks" Needless to say, I don't want to re-install unneccessasarily. A few days back, there was the "unable to process SMRTINET.INI" error. I wish MS would post patches to M2004 for separate download like the rest of their products .... -- Aloke ---- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com I have been getting the "Money encountered an error pr...

Add vendor order number to purchase order
When we send a purchase order to a vendor, that vendor assigns their own internal sales order number to our purchase order. I need to be able to put that number somewhere in GP that will allow me to locate one of our purchase orders based on the supplier's order number. There are some fields on the Vendor detail window by clicking the arrow button by the vendor id. You might be able to use one of those fields. Otherwise, Extender is the way to go. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Mike Davis" wrote: > When we send a purchase order to a vendor, that vendor assigns their own &...

IE8 update problems/questions
Hi, I'm installing IE 8 in my organization and ran into problems/questions with updates. I've been looking for all relevent updates & patches before I deploy it. On one of the test systems has version 8.0.6001.18702CO. Does anyone know what the 'CO' stands for? To figure out my question about updates I thought that I would try to solve it by running Windows Update. When I ran this I only noticed 1 patch for IE8, it was a cumulative patch for IE8, KB982381. Since I'm deploying this to a number of machines I thought I'd download the patch. When...

"Sole Access" in order to make a Form from a Table
Every time I try to make a form from my table, it will not allow me to save. This happens even though I am the computer's Admiinistrator and only user. I have even set a password for it, that was not sufficient. What do I have to do? Are other people using the database when you are trying to save the form? -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "LUTGUT" wrote: > > Every time I try to make a form from my table, it will not allow me to save. > This happens even though I am the computer's Admiinistrator and only user. > I have even set a pa...

Column Re-order In SQL2005
I am using SQL Express 2005, which has been working fine (when I connect to it using Management Studio Express 2005). I have upgraded the Management Studio to 2008, but I now cannot reorder colums in my tables. If I connect to the same database using MSE2005, then I can reorder them. Has this feature been removed from MSE2008? How do you re-order them? I tried to drag and dropin table design window the columns and it worked just fine? If you do SELECT <columns> does the order matter for you? "Hiwj" <Hiwj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Purchase Order Cancel
Hola Familia I am running Dynamics GP with SQL 2005 and I need to know how to find out who was the user that cancelled a purchase order. Can I find this information through Dynamics GP or SQL?. Thank you in advanced. -- LOS Hola Carlos, That info would only be retained if you have Activity Tracking turned on or have Audit Trails or another 3rd party audit package installed. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

Upgrade 9 to 10 only work if update instance, not if new instance
I'm testing a GP 9 to 10 upgraded on a test server. Everything installs; however, GP Utilities will bomb out if I created a new instance when installing 10. There is no error message, it just fails. If I do an update to the 9 instance, it works fine. Why should this make any difference? It's the only thing I'm changing in the two installs. Thanks Not sure I understand. What do you mean by "instance"? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster...

Excel says: "links cannot be updated"
I have two linked files. One references cells from the other. When opening the file with the references in it while the other file is closed Excel gives the error message "This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated". However, there's a button "Edit links..." that shows no problems with the linked file. It's status is "OK". All of the links are indeed updated, so the error message seems wrong. Anyone seen this before? The two files are normal Excel-files (version 2003), the "update remote references"-option is checked an...

Purchase Order Approvals #2
If you access an Approved Purchase Order and change ANYTHING in the window, such as the Comments, the status of the Purchase Order switches back to Unapproved. Only changes affecting the document Total should switch the status back to Unapproved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

Shoe store report
We sell shoes and apparel. We switched to RMS from Quicksell back in April. The two things I miss most about Quicksell are... 1. It was much easier to make changes to Matrix Items in Quicksell. I ended up having to pay Microsoft a bunch of money to customize some Querries that I have to run every few days to update Matrix components based on changes i make to the Matrix Parent item. What a pain. We also bought DRS add ins to help with this stuff. I would love to see a vastly improved and simplified process for making changes to Matrix Items. 2. I can no longer run a simple report...

Windows 7 fails configuring updates
Windows 7 fails configuring updates OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Antivirus: Avira AntiVir Personal RaZ123121 wrote: > Windows 7 fails configuring updates > OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit > Antivirus: Avira AntiVir Personal All updates or a specific one ? When did this issue start to occur ? Click the Start orb > type the following in the Search field windowsupdate.log Under Programs, click on windowsupdate.log Scroll all the way to the bottom of the log for the most recent entries. Copy and paste at least the last 50 or so lines of the log into your repl...

Exchange 5.5 Store.exe Event ID 4097
The following Dr Watson error has occurred 3 times over the last 3 weeks - I cannot determine any pattern or trend: The application, store.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 04/30/2004 @ 13:26:29.025 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0042466B (<nosymbols>) ========================================================== Any assistance will be appreciated. I have the "Recovey Tab" set to restart on all failures, and it has been restarting OK... ======================================================== Here is the entire entry from the drWts...

M2006 Unsuccessful Update = " Adjust your balance to zero ?"
Have others seen this ? : new month so I just did a Connect to Online Services ( to fetch a statement) and UNLIKE m2004 it doesn't show me " Successful" or " FAILURE" , instead I see the " Read Online Statement" in the left margin. Since I get dividends and have my money in CASH vs Money Market Fund, I am expecting to see a " does not balance - adjust shares?" box. BUT, tonight it apparently did not connect to any of my funds, so when I clicked NEXT, the program wanted to "adjust my shares" to ZERO ! Would be nice to get a " C...

Money
This has been going on for many days. Please address this problem. "Greg K" <Greg K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20ED6E8B-08EB-4E86-9C6A-72562CF95BEF@microsoft.com... > This has been going on for many days. Please address this problem. If you think posting something here will have an affect, you're wrong. MS or rather MS Supplier is working on it. The NAV is actually changing but the date isn't. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do no...

multi line update
I need to update 4 address fields in GP. I am not able to use IM because it is causing something to go wrong with a Scribe integration peice. I have tried using the GP import tool but found out it does not update. Have tested direct update in sql 2005 and it works fine; with Scribe. But how do I update 6k records without using the SSIS in 2005??? I'm probably forgetting something obvious. Easy, use SQL Server 2005 old fashioned T-SQL. 1) Create a table: create table tbl_myAddress ( CUSTNMBR char(30), ADRSCODE char(20), ADDRESS1 char(50), ADDRESS2 char(50), etc, etc) 2) Uploa...

Work Order Partial Close Problem
Does anyone know of a way to close a partial Work Order where the deposit is not equal to the full amount. For example- Customer comes in and orders 4 pieces of furniture for $1000 and pays deposit of $600. 3 pieces we have in stock and deliver them to customer, 1 piece out standing on Purchase Order 10 week delivery. 3 pieces delivered retail for $600 and we would like to close them off the Work Order. If the Order had a deposit for the full amount no problem. As POS is, it will not let you do a Partial Pick Up if the order is not paid in full. Thanks in advance, Edward Jensen ...

Add-In Initialization Error after installing 2008 Year-End Update
I am running GP 10 and today I installed the 2008 Year-End Update. I had been running SP2 before installing this update. The update process itself went smoothly, but now when I attempt to run GP I get the following error message: --------------------------- Add-In Initialization Error --------------------------- eOne.Dynamics.GP.ExcelBuilder.Engine.dll: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. InnerException: The type initializer for 'eOne.Dynamics.GP.ExcelBuilder.GPAddIn' threw an exception. --------------------------- This happens from the server and also fro...

Prices and price History Not Updating
I've been a Money user since 1997. I've seen problems like this come and go. However, for yesterday and today, the share prices for stocks and mutual funds seem to not be changing although the daily price change between yesterday and today shows just fine. Also, no updates are being recorded in the price history for any symbols. Any thoughts? Odd, I use MS Money 2003 and I get the price changes and the percentage changes, but no "Today's Total Change" for mutual funds, although it will show for stocks. The market value amount at the bottom of the page registers co...

IMF Updates and custom scoring via MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml
Regarding the new IMF update process (KB907747), Just so I understand my role here or maybe someone has a different interpretation of the KB article or (better yet) a workaround. The notes would seem to indicate that with every update I need to copy my MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml file into the newly created folder of ..\bin\MSCFv2\<IMF update version> for my custom keywords to be integrated into the IFM scoring process. No registry setting I can just create and have my .xml file exist in one location and have all updates use it? Thanks Don It indicates you need to copy it to t...

Updateing Access DB
Can someone point me in the right direction to write the VBA to "Append" and data table in Access.. I have the code to connect...and I have the SQL Statement...just not sure how to write the code to "Append" the data Thank you Hi See http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbadac -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "dstiefe" <dstiefe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA1F3D53-9EF6-4B7B-ADA4-B2701A815FFC@microsoft.com... > Can someone point me in the right direction to write the...

Recent outlook updates prior xmas.
Hi readers, Any wizards out there , that can decypher the error and code below. i am using Office 2003, on 2 desktops one works fine, the other simply crashes and states outlook had to close asking if i wish to send error message; i have looked at event veiwer for some clue . Microsoft themselves states that at this time ,there is no solution. To put more ammo in the fold , i have just installed office 2003 on a new toshiba laptop, guess what outlook works a dream. after removing office 2007 which was a trial version on laptop. This problem is really bugg...

Log Files for DST updates
When i run the MSExTmz.bat file it creates the log files for some of the users but other it says no log file was created. It does not give any other reason as to why. Should i go and run the TZmove.exe on those workstations separately? or ?? This has been hit or miss for me as well. Q: [112] After running the Exchange Calendar Tool Rebaseline, I'm finding some items that have not been moved. Msextmz log files shows organizers mb processed but 0 items were updated? I'm looking at a re- occuring calendar and it's off by 1hr in extended dst time? A: sometimes the exchange update...

Form to update table and detect changes
I have a table in A2k3 that is a current list of pieces of equipment. And I need a form so that the user can change and update the list of equipment. When a change is made a copy is appended to the history table so a current equipment record which can be selected and linked to a service in the service table relating to that particular piece of equipment. My problem is that the number of current pieces of equipment may change. So a form allowing the user to modify the current table can't (easily) be created with fields that can be checked for change on update etc. It can be created with a d...

Using an update query to update amount in stock automatically
I have created a database to keep a track of orders. In the stock table I have a field called amount in stock. In order table I have a field called order quantity. I have created an update query to update amount in stock to [amount in stock]-[order quantity]. I wish to create a macro to run the update query on my order form once the sale is confirmed. My problem is that I want to just update the single record on the order form, and not all items of stock from all existing orders. I know I can add a parameter criteria to my update query (i.e. enter order number) so that only stock relating ...

Order Processing App
Forgive the double posting, but I think the first group I posted this in was too obscure, with only few postings a day. Hello, I am just learning to develop apps with Access. I have a bit of experience developing Excel apps, using VBA. I need to design a Produce purchasing and distribution application. It will need to handle incoming and outgoing product, invoice tracking, pricing, etc. I'm sure there's a million ways to do it, but my main question at this point is how to set up the app to handle incoming orders, and retain those orders until they are filled. My initial thought...