Update Customer email address using SQL statement - HELP PLEASE!!!

Recently we changed from Yahoo Groups to managing our own email list. Our
list went from 1400 addresses to around 3600. Of those, about 400 turned out
to be hard bounces. I would rather not have to update 400 records, one at a
time.

Can anyone help me write a SQL statement that would update these records
from a file, list, or table containing the bad addresses. What I need to do
is blank the email address and put a statement in the Company field (e.g.
Need to Update Email).

If there is another (better) way to do this, I am totally open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Bud Izen
Keizer Oregon
0
BudIzen (43)
12/29/2005 2:30:04 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I don't know about an SQL statement, but I think you could use the EMS MS SQL
Data Import to accomplish that task.  It's not free--but it's not real
expensive, either.  I bought it to help me import my customer database when I
ran into limitations with QSimport.

http://www.sqlmanager.net/

HTH,
Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

"Bud Izen" wrote:

> Recently we changed from Yahoo Groups to managing our own email list. Our
> list went from 1400 addresses to around 3600. Of those, about 400 turned out
> to be hard bounces. I would rather not have to update 400 records, one at a
> time.
>
> Can anyone help me write a SQL statement that would update these records
> from a file, list, or table containing the bad addresses. What I need to do
> is blank the email address and put a statement in the Company field (e.g.
> Need to Update Email).
>
> If there is another (better) way to do this, I am totally open to suggestions.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Bud Izen
> Keizer Oregon
0
tomg1 (230)

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

invalid email address

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Attaching Contacts to new email