Two scanners at the same time

Hi! One of my employees has a hard time using the Symbol LS 2008 because you
have to press a button. I have thus installed a Metrologic MS 9520. I like
the Symbol better. The MS is plugged via wedge. Can I also have a Symbol
scanner (USB) plugged in at the same time?

0
bogus2505 (94)
7/12/2006 1:46:42 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

As long as you are using a PS/2 keyboard you should be fine.  The
Metrologic Wedge interface won't work unless a Keyboard is plugged in
behind it - or at least that was my experience before we switched to all
USB devices...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Manny wrote:
> Hi! One of my employees has a hard time using the Symbol LS 2008 because you
> have to press a button. I have thus installed a Metrologic MS 9520. I like
> the Symbol better. The MS is plugged via wedge. Can I also have a Symbol
> scanner (USB) plugged in at the same time?

0
glenn9672 (1267)
7/12/2006 2:53:09 PM
Glenn, thanks. So If I have a wedge taht is working, I could add a second
that is USB - did I understand you correctly. Manny
"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
message news:OFdzlLcpGHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> As long as you are using a PS/2 keyboard you should be fine.  The
> Metrologic Wedge interface won't work unless a Keyboard is plugged in
> behind it - or at least that was my experience before we switched to all
> USB devices...
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Manny wrote:
>> Hi! One of my employees has a hard time using the Symbol LS 2008 because
>> you have to press a button. I have thus installed a Metrologic MS 9520. I
>> like the Symbol better. The MS is plugged via wedge. Can I also have a
>> Symbol scanner (USB) plugged in at the same time?

0
bogus2505 (94)
7/13/2006 4:13:48 PM
Should be no problem - make sure you get the USB version that uses
keyboard emulation.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Manny wrote:
> Glenn, thanks. So If I have a wedge taht is working, I could add a second
> that is USB - did I understand you correctly. Manny
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
> message news:OFdzlLcpGHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> As long as you are using a PS/2 keyboard you should be fine.  The
>> Metrologic Wedge interface won't work unless a Keyboard is plugged in
>> behind it - or at least that was my experience before we switched to all
>> USB devices...
>>
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>>

>> Manny wrote:
>>> Hi! One of my employees has a hard time using the Symbol LS 2008 because
>>> you have to press a button. I have thus installed a Metrologic MS 9520. I
>>> like the Symbol better. The MS is plugged via wedge. Can I also have a
>>> Symbol scanner (USB) plugged in at the same time?

0
glenn9672 (1267)
7/17/2006 2:50:14 PM
thanks, I am looking at the symbol LS2208
"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
message news:%23A$oQBbqGHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Should be no problem - make sure you get the USB version that uses
> keyboard emulation.
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Manny wrote:
>> Glenn, thanks. So If I have a wedge taht is working, I could add a second
>> that is USB - did I understand you correctly. Manny
>> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
>> message news:OFdzlLcpGHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> As long as you are using a PS/2 keyboard you should be fine.  The
>>> Metrologic Wedge interface won't work unless a Keyboard is plugged in
>>> behind it - or at least that was my experience before we switched to all
>>> USB devices...
>>>
>>> Glenn Adams
>>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>>> newsgroup so that all can share the information.

0
bogus2505 (94)

Run-Time Dynamic Linking problem
I am trying to load a DLL at runtime and get the address of exported functions using GetProcAddress/LoadLibrary. I have produced some code to do this, but I get compiler error C2106 (left operand must be l-value). The odd thing is that I only get this compiler error on my functions that accept 1 or more parameters. My function pointers that have no arguments do not generate this compiler error. I would like to understand why the compiler is generating this error for my functions that have parameters and how to fix it. Here is a small excerpt from the header file defining the exported func...

Multiple emails at one time
HELP!!! When I send any type of an attachment the receipient will receive 200+ of the same email. It's embarrasing. How do I fix this? Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced, uncheck "Break apart messages larger than..." What size attachment are you trying to send? Most providers have a size limit of 5-10 MB. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Cindy C" wrote in message news:C79D3255-31A2-4224-A382-FCE0143AAE1E@microsoft.com... HELP!!! When I send any type of an attachment the receipient will receive 200+ of the sam...

Need easy way to remove time from a cell
I have a list of cells that have a date and time in each cell. I nee an easy way to remove the time, but leave the date. For example, th cell may have 12/29/2003 5:39:57 PM. I only want 12/29/2003. When try to format the cell, it looks correct, but the time is still on th formula bar. Any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (if your time is stored in A1) =INT(A1) format this result as date -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "penroma >" <<penroma.11qrnv@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:penroma.11qr...

Undo autocorrect
I'd like to stop Excel from Auto correcting HSA to HAS for only one particular entry, so I don't want to delete it from the autocorrect list. I have seen some posts that suggest using CTRL +Z but that seems to undo the whole entry. Any ideas? Thanks THis is how I will do this - Type HSA and press space bar... HSA will change to HAS... press CTRL-Z, it will change back to HSA... remove space if you don't need it "Darby" wrote: > I'd like to stop Excel from Auto correcting HSA to HAS for only one > particular entry, so I don't want to d...

Headquarters Server Run-time Error '40006'
I am receiving this message at least once a day. I ceases all server communications and must be cleared and server restarted. Can any one tell me the problem? The error states "Wrong protocol or connection state for the requested transaction or request". Help please! Can you find any activity that might trigger this? Maybe a 'check stores' request from a register? Can you confirm that all workstations in all stores are running the same RMS version/hot fix? Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com -----------------------------...

Add two fields
Hi! I wonder how I can customize so when I have one amount in the first field and another amount on a second field the sum of the both fields will automatically appear on a third field. I think I need to create an "on change" event but I am not sure about the code... Can someone help me? Hi Martin, You will need to use Javascript for this. For example, you can use the following code in the OnSave event of the form: crmForm.all.field3.DataValue=crmForm.all.field1.DataValue+crmForm.all.field2.DataValue; This will fill in the third field with the sum of the other two fields onS...

How do I print 1 Avery 8871 business card at a time in Publisher?
No options for single card or card position selection displays on the print menu for a Dell A920 inkjet printer. Using Publisher 2003. Check out the tutorial below on Manual layout for Business Cards: http://www.publishermvps.com/General/Tutorials/tabid/39/Default.aspx -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "SForte" <SForte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C44CD3E3-0AED-4BF3-8B0F-9459104B0703@microsoft.com... > No options for single car...

Can time be used as both the x and y variables in scatter plots? #2
Can time be used as both the x variable and the y variable when creating a scatter plot? I want to determine the correlation between the time a company TV commercial is aired versus the time of day that we receive phone calls. My objective is to determine which commercials generate the most calls (we run several different spots per day). I assume I will see clusters of calls around specific commercials. I am entering the times in this format: "10:30", "1:15" etc. Thanks. -J See your other post on this subject. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, P...

function udf with date and time
Hi, How can I program a udf function that counts the hours between two times knowing that they can occur on the same day or in several days. Example: Start 1/1/2009 10:30 End 1/2/2009 9:30 The function should calculate 23 hours, also minutes Thanks guys > How can I program a udf function that counts the hours between two > times knowing that they can occur on the same day or in several days. See Chip's page for examples: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm Do you really need a UDF for that? If the start date and time is in A1 and B1 and the end da...

Vacation Time on Pay Stub
I have been working on converting the process for accruing vacation and sick time from using Payroll to HR. I have changed the setup to HR. set up the accrual codes and assigned them to an employee. I accrued in transactions and the information appears on the attendance summary. But, it is not printing the information on the paycheck. I indicated in the maintenance screen for the employee to print this information on the paycheck. The current process is using the payroll to track this information and print it on the paycheck. on the paystub - where should vaction be pulling from - HR...

Combo box and can it feed two separate control sources
I have a combo box in a form, it draws it's information from a table with two fields, description and price. I can bind either one to a field (control source) in my form, but I wish to bind both fields i.e.description and price to two feilds on my form so when it puts the description into (lets call it field one) I want the price to go into a second field (lets call it field two) simultaneously. I appologise if some of you have seen this question already I did receive an e mail telling me I had a reply, on following the link on the mail though it just came up with a blank page a...

day and time convertion
boss now wants me to convert dd:hh:mm:ss into total time eg 02:02:30:59 comes out as 50 hours 30 minutes 59 seconds thanx in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ one way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom [hh]:mm:ss In article <chris.howes.10y8mb@excelforum-nospam.com>, chris.howes <<chris.howes.10y8mb@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > boss now wants me to convert dd:hh:mm:ss into total time eg > > 02:02:30:59 comes out as 50 hours 30 minutes 59 seconds > > thanx in advance > chris.howes wrote: > *boss now wants me to conv...

Generating third worksheet from two others
I have two worksheets, one called NETINCOME that has revenue and cost data. The other is SG&A that has other expenses. They have the same format in terms of rows and columns. I would like to create at third worksheet that would have the NETINCOME worksheet at the top and the SG&A worksheet below. I'd like to keep making changes in NETINCOME and SG&A and have them reflected in the combined sheet. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could do this most easily? Thanks. Michael Hi Open a Blank workbook and NETINCOME. In the blank workbook, A1 type = and switch to NETINC...

Averaging Values between Two Dates/Times
Hi All, I have a spreadsheet that contains 4 columns. Column A = start date, Column B = Start Time, Column C = Stop Date, Column D = Stop Time. I have another spreadsheet which contains meteorological data for a given time period. The data in this spreadsheet lists the Date in column A1 through A(n) (eg. Jan 1, 2005 to March 1, 2005). Columns C through AB list the time (0:00 to 23:00) corresponding to the date from column A. So the data looks like a large matrix with dates listed in the rows of column A and 24 hour times listed in columns C to AB. Basically, I am looking for a function in E...

Multiple (two) back-end MDB's.
How does one go about structuring the concatenation of back-end DB's? That is, for example, a single application that has one back-end that is common at each of multiple locations and a ("site") second back-end that is peculiar to each of those locations. The common mdb would desirably be read only while the "site" mdb would be updateable. Given that there's a straight forward answer to this question, my next question would be how to create the common mdb based on a query of a "master" DB. (The "master" location being the point of ...

Totaling how many times a specific word is listed in a spreadsheet
I have a very large spreadsheet that list various projects completed and the county in which it was completed for. I need a the total number of projects completed for each county which is always changing. How can I get a total without manually counting? On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:38:02 -0700, "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a very large spreadsheet that list various projects completed and the county in which it was completed for. I need a the total number of projects completed for each county which is always changing. How can I get a total without ...

VLOOKUP Across Two Columns
Hi all, I'm trying to use VLOOKUP to populate a number of cells. However, fo my cells to be filled I need VLOOKUP to look at two columns, rathe than one. The reason for this is that the spreadsheet is dealing with a number o teams in the business. Within the teams there are a number of roles tha have identical job titles in them. For example, I have a team calle 'Services' and one called 'Marketing' within both these teams there i a 'Project Manager' and a 'Business Analyst'. So, what I need Excel to do is first look at the team, then look at th job tit...

time of transaction?
Is there a way to enter the time of a transaction, so that items could be sorted by date and time - not just date? In microsoft.public.money, jim.s.witherspoon wrote: >Is there a way to enter the time of a transaction, so that items could be >sorted by date and time - not just date? No. You can sort by entry order, however. ...

Main form with two sub forms
Hi, I have a main form with a linked sub form which displays related records when a record is selected on the main form. Rather than use the record selectors at the bottom of the screen on the main form to navigate records, I would like to create another sub form (#2) which is unlinked, to the main form but contains a summary of all records on the main form. When a record is selected in Sub form # 2, I would like the main form to jump to that record as well. If I link sub form #2, then only the current record is displayed, not a complete list. In essence what I am tryi...

first time user, need help
I have heard lot about visio but never got a chance to work with visio. Just now I downloaded visio 2007 - 6o days trial version to test it out. Background: I have one application developed in access front end and sql server 2000 as backend. I am ready to move this application in .net with sql server 2008. What I would like to do with Visio 2007... 1. Connect my old database (SQL 2000) and create data diagram with detailed documentation for a reference of old application. 2. I will make necessary changes in database (in visio) as requirements changed since last development. 3. Create ...

Time sheet calculations #2
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which needs a little tinkering - We are tracking employee time on site for contracting to a third party. Column C has start time, Column D has end time. Up to now Column E has the following calculation D-C, to give total time.So now I would like to have a calculation in Column E which works out the total time, and displays that time up to the agreed 8 hr day, then the remainder of the time goes in Column F as overtime. Any suggestions ??? Hi, Use this as you column D formula to work out basic hours and note this will also handle time over midnight =3DMIN(8,(D1-...

Have two of every customer in database!! HOW DO I CHANGE??
For Some reason when i created a new database for our new location it created two of every customer. Anybody have any thoughts cuz i sure as hell can't figure out how to erase the copied customers. The only solution I can offer is to manually go in and delete a copy of each customer. My question is : Did the copy get the same account number and if so how? -- Elizabeth M. "LEGENDSBOSS" <SNOWJOE6910@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:2a07501c46612$97715d10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > For Some reason when i created a new database for our new > location it created two of...

Two Personal folders #3
I have somehow got two personel folders in outlook but cannot deete the second one. Can anyone help :-) Thanks Ray Only if you provide your Outlook version and the steps you used to do this. Can you R click and close the second set? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ray Woods" <ray@dataclinic.co.nz> wrote in message news:Wab1e.12913$1S4.1347585@news.xtra.co.nz... >I have somehow got two personel folders in outlook but cannot deete the >second one. Can anyone help :-) > > Thanks > > > Ray > > > Ray I have the same issue - in OL2000 un...

time display in sys tray
I�d like to enhance the display of the actual time in the sys tray as following: In the quickinfo, not only the date should be displayed , but also the time for different time zones. Has anybody an idea how to modify the time display in the sys tray ? Best regards, Micha I have an application that overrode Window's time and=20 date. I believe it is done by overwriting a dll, but I=20 may be wrong. In case this will help, the name of the=20 application is TClockEx. I believe I've found this=20 individual's web page at one time or another. TClockEx is=20 freeware. Maybe if yo...

Mail link opening two browser windows
My problem started when Outlook 2003 began opening a "Locate Link Browser" box when I would click on an email link in Outlook. I thought it logical to direct it to IE. This worked, but now *two* browser windows open every time I click on a link in email. Nearly an hour with Google showed me several suggested going to Control Panel/Folder Options/File Types and unchecking Use DDE in various different file types. I tried them all and nothing worked. I did notice, though, that after going back to check things out, the Use DDE check boxes are checked as if I had made no changes. I...