Trying to resort columns in a report alphabetically

Does anyone know how I can resort a reports given column alphabetically??
0
JackT (70)
12/7/2005 9:28:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jack,

Single or double click on the column's name.  Single is ascending, double is
descending

--
*
"Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Does anyone know how I can resort a reports given column alphabetically??

0
spam3944 (2163)
12/7/2005 9:33:45 PM
It does not seem to work on all reports in all columns?

"Jeff" wrote:

> Jack,
>
> Single or double click on the column's name.  Single is ascending, double is
> descending
>

> --
> *
> "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I can resort a reports given column alphabetically??

0
JackT (70)
12/7/2005 10:11:03 PM
You can sort by any one column if you use No Grouping.  If you group columns,
the primary (leftmost) column will be sorted (ascending) and no other sorting
is possible.  The report sorting is definitely limited.  For more options,
use the Copy As Table feature and paste into a spreadsheet where you have
more sort options.

Tom

"Jack T" wrote:

> It does not seem to work on all reports in all columns?
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> >
> > Single or double click on the column's name.  Single is ascending, double is
> > descending
> >

> > --
> > *
> > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how I can resort a reports given column alphabetically??

0
tomg1 (230)
12/7/2005 11:47:01 PM
Jack,

Sorry, forgot to mention about the grouping issue.

--
*

"Jack T" wrote:

> It does not seem to work on all reports in all columns?
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> >
> > Single or double click on the column's name.  Single is ascending,
> > double is
> > descending
> >

> > --
> > *
> > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how I can resort a reports given column
> > alphabetically??

0
spam3944 (2163)
12/8/2005 2:23:02 AM
Thanks Guys!  Works great...It is so nice to be able to have this forum.  I
don't feel so alone with my sometimes rediculous questions!
Jack

"Jeff" wrote:

> Jack,
>
> Sorry, forgot to mention about the grouping issue.
>
> --
> *
> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> You can sort by any one column if you use No Grouping.  If you group
> columns,
> the primary (leftmost) column will be sorted (ascending) and no other
> sorting
> use the Copy As Table feature and paste into a spreadsheet where you have
> more sort options.
>
> Tom
>
> "Jack T" wrote:
>
> > It does not seem to work on all reports in all columns?
> >
> > "Jeff" wrote:
> >
> > > Jack,
> > >
> > > Single or double click on the column's name.  Single is ascending,
> > > double is
> > > descending
> > >

> > > --
> > > *
> > > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Does anyone know how I can resort a reports given column
> > > alphabetically??

0
JackT (70)

normalizing a column of numbers
How do you normalize a column of numbers using a chart? I know how to do a chart but not how to interpret it for normalizing Mason, Use a helper column where you normalize your numbers using an appropriate formula prior to charting, and then chart that column with your normalizing formulas. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "mason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81F1FB07-419B-4E41-87D3-25DB75E1EEDC@microsoft.com... > How do you normalize a column of numbers using a chart? I know how to do a chart but not how to interpret it for normalizing. > &...

Turn Over Report
I am not an Accountant or Inventory Manager, how would I interpret or what should I be looking for when I read a Turn Over Report? What are the benefits? Where does the Number Of Receipts (are adjustments included?), Quantity Received YTD, Average Inventory, Quantity Sold YTD Number Of Turns YTD, Annual Turns derive from? "tstrop" wrote: > I am not an Accountant or Inventory Manager, how would I interpret or what > should I be looking for when I read a Turn Over Report? What are the benefits? The turnover report reports the number of times your inventory is replaced, ...

Reports not opening
The reports created in a MS Access database are not opening. Also the icon to open a new report in design view is not working either. I think it something related to the settings, but I can quite figure it out. I tried to put the security level in Low but it did not work.Any help is appreciated. This is almost always due to either not having a default printer defined in the Windows Control Panel or an old printer driver. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "Toly" wrote: ...

Date Display on Report
I have read the many date display threads on this site but have a new question (at least I think it is new). I am running a report from a parameter query and am able to get the dates to display just fine, but I want to just get the month to display. I don't want the acutal dates from the parameter. I want it to display the Name of the month based on the dates from the parameter. Is there a way to do this? Format ([The Parameter],"mmmm") If the parameter is a reference to a form control Format([Forms]![The Form Name]![The control Name], "mmmm") Or if the cont...

Need to select rows to average based on a value in a different column
Below is an example of my spreadsheet. I'd like to find the average number of users for each "Day of the week" hour combination but I'm not even sure where to start. Date Hour DoW # Users 10/27/2003 10 Mon 11 10/27/2003 11 Mon 11 10/27/2003 13 Mon 10 10/27/2003 14 Mon 11 10/27/2003 15 Mon 9 10/27/2003 16 Mon 9 10/28/2003 8 Tue 5 10/28/2003 9 Tue 6 10/28/2003 10 Tue 4 10/28/2003 11 Tue 8 10/28/2003 13 Tue 7 10/28/2003 14 Tue 7 10/28/2003 15 Tue 7 10/28/2003 16 Tue 10 10/29/2003 8 Wed 7 10/29/2003 9 Wed 10 10/29/2003 10 Wed 11 10/...

How I can switch row/column in pivot chart?
Hi, I have the new office 2007, in excel I try to draw pivot chart, I succeded. But I want to switch row into column and column into row. When I try to do that tis button bocomes invisible while I can do in PPT. Please help me!! Regards, Tuba Kesen Umar Pivot charts in Excel 2000 through 2007 only allow you to plot series in columns. However, you could rebuild the pivot table so that your old column fields are located in the rows area and vice versa. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "kesen...

Excel chart to Access report
Apologies if this isn't the right forum, but I'm clutching at straws here.... I have a chart which must be created in Excel because the Access chart interface does not (to my knowledge) permit custom error bars. The problem is that I want then to include the graph in an Access report. I can see how, via automation, I can address the chart from code in the Access report. I just don't know how to actually include it, if you get my meaning. I thought placing an unbound OLE object control in the report would be a good start, but I don't seem to be able to move the chart data into...

Adding Text To A Column
Hello, Last one for today; I promise. I have a long column of numbers, such as: 456 567 321 784 etc. The worksheet is formatted as .csv Is there any easy way to convert this column to: 456 MHz 567 MHz 321 MHz etc. And, would they (still) be interpreted as numbers, or would it now go a text format (automatically) ? Thanks for the help, Bob Hi Bob If you want it to stay numbers, do a custom formating ###" MHz" or if you want text, you can do it this way assuming you data starts in A1 in the other cells put =A1&"MHz" and copy down. HTH John "Bob" <rg...

concatenate more column value #2
Hi All Any function can be simply below function , No VBA? Next time, I will try add 26 column value. =IF(TRIM(H2)&TRIM(I2)&TRIM(J2)&TRIM(K2)&TRIM(L2)&TRIM(M2)&TRIM(N2)&TRIM (P2)&TRIM(Q2)&TRIM(R2)&TRIM(S2)&TRIM(T2)<> "", "Y","N") moonhkt Looks like you want to return "Y" if there is a value in any of your cells range and return "N" if only blank values in all cells... if it is what you need try this =IF(COUNTBLANK(H2:T2)<>13,"Y","N") '13 number of cells. ...

XLS in Unbound Object Frame: Only 20 columns?
Hi, I'm having a problem with linking an Excel spreadsheet in a report using the Unbound Object Frame. The spreadsheet is displaying just fine, except for one thing: It only shows 20 columns! It cuts off after column "T", while the real document ends at "AF". At first I thought it was because the "size mode" property of the frame was set to "cut off", but after changing that to "zoom" and also "stretch", I found out that's not it. I tried forcing the frame to pick up the lost rows by setting the "Source Item&quo...

Report Viewer 2008, 2005
Hi there, I develop web application using reportviewer for VS2008 on 64-bit machine. I can deploy to test server(64-bit) machine and it ran fine. But when move to production server(64-bit). I got the message that say "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies" Then I download the redistributable 2008 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CC96C246-61E5-4D9E-BB5F-416D75A1B9EF&displaylang=en and try to insta...

Filtering between two columns
I have to columns that I want to try and filter out at the same time. Not really sure if this is possible. example Column 1 Column 2 770/005 K01001 770/005 K01002 770/005 K01003 770/006 W01001 770/006 K01004 770/007 Z01001 770/007 W01002 What I want to do is pull all of the column 1's that have only K values, then pull column 1's that have mixed k,w values and finally column 1's with mixed w,z values. I have tried to think off an IIF statement but couldn't quite get my head around it. I ca...

Selecting dynamic number of columns into fixed-structure table
I have a table with the following columns (the Pen# columns are all REAL data types and all columns support NULL values): dtDateTime Pen1 Pen2 Pen3 Pen4 Pen5 Pen6 Pen7 Pen8 Pen9 Pen10 I have a stored procedure that returns data similar to the following: dtDateTime TT_S02_20 TT_S02_30 TT_S02_50 ----------------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- 2010-06-26 00:00:06.653 148.1323 115.5447 124.679 2010-06-26 00:00:21.687 148.5214 115.5...

Trial Balance report shows inactive accounts even when exclude che
In version 9.0 sp1, the Trial Balance report shows inactive accounts even when the checkbox to exclude these is checked. I was able to modify the report to exclude these, but need to go back in and make the change if I do not want to exclude. --Ray Nist ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Unable to Sort Multiple Columns
Good day all! I've seen this posted in a million other places, but I wasn't able to get my question fully answered. I'm creating a simple sheet to list common TCP/IP service names and their appropriate port numbers. The first column is a description of the service name (which is 4 cells wide) and then I have two sets of 2 merged cells which contain the UDP & TCP port ranges respectively. I want to sort the entire list by the TCP port numbers, but can't because Excel says that the "merged cells must be identically sized." Everyone's solution to this proble...

Trying to Group Data
I am trying to group data. I have a daily record that contains multiple projects and multiple items in the project. I would like to roll the daily data into project 1 and all the items that go with it and then project 2 and all the items that go with it. I have a start but am unsure of where to go. I am attaching the files that I have. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave ==================== <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="StatusReportProject.xsl" ?> <TimeSheet> <Daily...

Report Problem 04-08-04
Hi; CRM was running on a virtual directory port was 79. But After getting the back up I needed to format the machine. After reinstalling te machine I have deployed the CRM on port 80. Everything is running perfect except te reports. It says you do not have enough licenses.. Why can I have this error Check all your crystal services are started. Also try restarting them. Another more drastic way would be to rebuild the crystal database. If you have access to partnersource there are instructions on how to do this. "Alper Can" <alperc@datasistem.com.tr> wrote in message new...

access report on a cross tab query
i have a cross tab query which gives an output like below with following columns------- ozip dzip week no1 week no2 week no3 columns week no1 , week no2 and so on could be dynamic-- it could also be week no52, week no 51 etc nowi i am trying to create a report based on the above query using report wizard--- how should i create a report when column names keep on changing based on what the user needs pls advise thanks subs wrote: >i have a cross tab query > >which gives an output like below with following columns------- > >ozip dzip week no1 wee...

SPOD for a couple minutes when trying to change Number format

Merging/Eliminating Redundant Columns
Hello, I am creating a query from several different tables containing housing data. My final goal is to create one query that contains a single column with the "housing ID number" along with all of the other housing information in each row (address, owner, management...) Due to poor data management, this "housing ID number" is missing from several of my tables. By running a series of queries from all these different tables, a have a datasheet that has three columns with ID numbers. Some rows have all the data, some do not. As an example of my columns: ID1 ID2...

'Merge' Reports
System: Access 2007 on Vista Business Background: User created a well maintained db in Lotus Approach. He does not have the ambition to learn how to redo in Access. This db is updated and maintained properly, and monthly there are reports run on it using ~ 50 queries to generate the ~75 reports. What has changed is that these reports must also be converted to PDFs, and Approach is slower than pondwater creating them. I have worked with him and now his macro that generates his reports also creates a csv file. I have recreated the queries & reports in Access, and I am using linked tab...

Req Management Approval Limits Report
Hi, I am trying to put together a SQL query that will show me a user name and approval limit so I can create a report to forward to Finance. I've been looking at the following tables: [DYNAMICS].[dbo].[ReqMgmtSetupUser] [WSS_Content_BusinessPortal].[dbo].[UserInfo] [DYNAMICS].[dbo].[ReqMgmtApprovalTreeNode] But I cannot find a link that will join the user name and the approval limit. I can see that the ID field in [ReqMgmtSetupUser] links to the ResidentID in [ReqMgmtApprovalTreeNode], but I don't think that is the proper Name\ID table combination. Any suggestions?...

Using a query as base for report
Hello, I have created a table where I run a query picking the columns I want in the query. From the query, I create a report. My question is this: Whenever I open the report, I want it to show only the open items. Example: My query has 10 columns, when ALL the fields are populated, the record is complete and does not need to be in the report (i.e. open items report). If the 10 fields are NOT all completed, it's still considered opened and will be on the report when it is run. I think I'm thinking too much about it and making it sound harder to myself. Can you please...

re-try..excel wizards!
hey all again.. having tried contacting a couple of you, i have been told its best t be desciptive over here to allow a larger response, and just in cas anyones got the same problem teh y can use the advice too. so here i a with an indepth descrptive thread about what i am trying to do. Basically i am desgning an ordering system for a takeaway. a custome will come in order, where the staff behind the counter will use m system to take the order. my system is made up off 3 sheets. order sheet, delivery sheet an warehouse sheet. the order sheet has 3 coloumns: (A)Product :(b) Price: (c)quan...

sorting multiple columns
I have multiple addresses on a work sheet. I need to have all the same zip code # together. How do I sort them by zip code so right name and address ends up with right zip code Highlight the range you want to sort before starting it. Regards, Fred "arbe" <arbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56FFD696-D31F-4A99-AE8E-941C5C18D012@microsoft.com... >I have multiple addresses on a work sheet. I need to have all the same zip > code # together. How do I sort them by zip code so right name and address > ends up with right zip code Pre-se...