Trouble scanning 3 of 9 #2

I have a client who is using 1"x1" labels to label some internal use
products or products that come through the door without UPCs. We have
set them up to use the 3 of 9 barcode format when there is no UPC
available.

The trouble is, the barcode is so condensed that the scanners at the
POS can't read them. The line scanners in the receiving department
read the barcodes without issue. Has anybody else had this problem?
What can be done to remedy this?

I have considered writing a simple program to automatically generate
an internal use barcode as the UPC-A type scans without issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex Nielsen

P.S. Please don't reply with "It's up to your manufacturers to barcode
their products". Though it is certainly their responsibility, there
needs to be a solution while they all get their acts together :)

0
nielsena54 (25)
10/12/2007 7:43:11 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Money2002 #2
I have been using Money2002 quite uneventfully for several years. When I tried to sign-in today it wold not accept my password. It keeps prompting for my sign-in name and password neither of which has been changed since the beginning. I have tried clicking the "Forgot you password" option but that does nothing. The sign-in screen is the "Microsoft Passport Sign-in" screen. I did try recently to enroll to try-out the new Microsoft Beta Office but found the process with Password too confusing and gave up in the process. Could I have in some way unintentionally fouled ...

help!! #2
Hi. can anyone help me solve this formula on excel.. =IF(PlanA=0,PlanB,PlanD) Thanks -- reddie12345 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ reddie12345's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28500 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480997 see solution in your other post: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=480996 PLEASE don't multi-post, as this wastes the time of the volunteers who spend time answering in one location when the problem has been already solved in another...

Error sending email #2
Hi I am trying to send email from within access. When I try to create outlook from within access using Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application"), I get the 'Automation Error, The specified module could not be found.". I can see the outlook 11 reference in the reference so not sure why it can't find outlook. This app is working fine on other machines so the problem has to be with this machine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards ...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

Static CMap object #2
Hi all, Excuse but the other message is wrong I've declared in my .h file the following CMap type : typedef CMap<CString, CString&, MyClass*, MyClass*&> Map; ... ... class AnotherClass { ... public: static Map BuilderMap; ... ... static void Register(CString name, MyClass* instance); }; In one of my CPP file call the Register method as following: AnotherClass::Register(_T("TEST"), this); The code of Register method is : void AnotherClass::Register(CString name, MyClass* instance) { AnotherClass::BuilderMap.SetAt(name, instance); } When linking my project there t...

how can I exceed the nested if fuction limit #2
I am trying to create a validation for a column based off of the previous columns value, which reqires many nested if functions, (10 to be exact). However the limit of 7 nested if function prevents me from being able to do this. With all the amazing things that excel can do, there has to be some sort of work-around for this. Any ideas? Usually the best alternative is to use a Lookup function, however, without more details its hard to give a fuller explanation. _____________________ Naz London "mgdye" wrote: > I am trying to create a validation for a column based off o...

GP 9.0 - Analytical Accounting Options - Post through to GL
Hello, One of the options in the Analytical Accounting Options window (Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Analytical Accounting >> Options) is 'Post through to GL for Trx posting'. I'm not clear of the purpose of this option. 1. Does this override the checkbox 'Post to GL' in the Posting setup? 2. To what transactions this option apply? Thanks in advance...Murali ...

SOAP SDK tool V3 #2
Can any one let me know how to configure SOAP SDK tool, to capture data between, Java code and C# webservices. If any one has answer please let me know. rgds Nuts *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

How access Irish Pension Board Spreadsheet PRSA charges? #2
My Email address is lvmcn1@hotmail.com I am looking for details of the charges commissions and durations of PRSA's so as to get my ssia money out of my current account where it is gaining no interest!!!! Having no clue as to where to find the spreadsheet, website or anything else, not much to offer. Do you have a copy of the spreadsheet? If so, what problems are you having getting the information from it? Is it only available for viewing at a website? A web query might get you the information you need. Not much for us to go on here. "Lum" wrote: > My Email ...

80070490 kb967723 but kb967723 was successfully installed 2 months
So what gives? Why does auto update continue to try to install this update? It just started trying to (re)install this update again a couple of days ago. I am also getting this for kb972145, which was also successfully installed 2 months ago. -- lucky jack lucky_jack wrote: > So what gives? Why does auto update continue to try to install this update? > It just started trying to (re)install this update again a couple of days ago. > I am also getting this for kb972145, which was also successfully installed 2 > months ago. The error is occurring because there'...

sql service pack 3
Below is a statement from Microsoft. So i should upgrade to SP3 for the dpm 2007 using Express Edition ? ============================================== We would like to remind all customers that Service Pack Support for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (SP2) ended on January 12, 2010 and support for SQL Server 2008 RTM will end on April 13, 2010. Microsoft is ending support for these products as part of our Service Pack support policy, found in http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle. Both SQL Server 2005 SP2 and SQL Server 2008 RTM will no longer receive a...

Conditional Formatting Formula Help Part 2
Hi, I am working on a conditional formatting formula that will refer to a different worksheet that the one it is in, I hope this can be done, so here's how the formula needs to be: in cell X2 of worksheet "10 DAY AVERAGES" I need a formula that tests cell W2 in worksheet "PASTE DATA" to see if it's greater than the 20 day average of cells W2 through D2 in worksheet "PASTE DATA", and if so I will program a certain highlighting color via conditional formatting, I would appreciate very much some help with this formula THANKS! -- RalphSE ---------------...

Problems with nt-backup #2
I know that only the transaction logs are backed up. But if i have one full-backup and and a differential backup i can restore my system if is crashes wright? Or is it better to make everyday a full backup? "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message news:%23mPbzLHwFHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Are you sure you really want to do a differential Exchange backup? You > understand that a differential Exchange backup only backs up the > transaction > logs, right? > -- > Ed Crowley > MVP - Exchange > "Protecting the world from ...

vba macro #3
Hi I am new to VBA can anyone tell me what the following code mean. Thanks Columns("A:A").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Edit" Columns("B:D").Select Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft Selection.ColumnWidth = 34.29 Selection.ColumnWidth = 27.29 Columns("C:C").Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 2 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 3 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 4 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 5 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 4 Columns("...

Print Preview trouble
Periodically when printing Excel spreadsheets (my present situation is with a spreadsheet that is part of a Word document but I believe the same thing has happened when using Excel on its own) some text that is visible in the print preview window does not appear in the printed document. This is not a Print Area issue. What can I do to prevent this? Thanks! ...

OWA Stopped Working #3
OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the "Loading" screen. There is just code on the left hand side where the icons should be; and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the services are running on the front end server, it has been rebooted, and all of the services are running on the back end servers. The exchweb site is running. No configuration changes have been made. This happens on IE 6 and IE7. I have read KB280823. Everything is set as should be. Virus scans reveal nothing. What could have happened? And how do I fix it?! Thanks! Check ou...

Charting Text #2
Below sample data I am trying to chart but I'm not sure if Excel can do this. It is basically a record of animals (tags) and where they have been spotted. I am trying to create a chart (maybe a scatter) with Location and Month on the X & Y axis and the tag data to appear to show a sighting. I have created a work around using a pivot table but the person looking at this chart is not an Excel user and I want to keep it simple. Any suggestions? Location Month Tag NW Jan J33 NW June J34 SW May J33 SW June J35 E Oct J36 E Nov J35 W May J33 W Apr J34 Hi, Insert new blank columns ...

Messenger #2
Does the standard version of Exchange Server 2003 have the "MSN Messenger"-like server on it? I remember Exchange Server 2000 having the server, but can't find it on 2003. Thanks, Neil Hi Neil The Instant Messager feature of Exchange 2000 has been replaced with a new product called Live Communication Server: http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/livecomm/prodinfo/default.mspx -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Neil Shaw" <newsgroups@nshaw.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23%2...

email sending problems #2
when sending emails to certain adresses, i recieve an error stating the email couldn't be sent because the adress was rejected by the server. it says "server error 550." it's really annoying because then i have to go into a webmail and send it out that way. i would say about 50% of my outgoing mail will not send because of this reason. any advice? thank you ...

1 forward mailbox for 2 outlook mailbox's
Can we use 1 forward mailbox with two outlook mailbox’s? Please provide your valuable inputs. Thanks in advance and help appreciated. BB ...

General Question #2
Is there a function that if I wright text in one box, there is an automatic addition of a number in another box? Peter. Yes, probably. We'd need some more information, though, to offer you help on which function to use and how. Andy. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:760FE797-48B6-4AE1-AFC0-B73F92395E18@microsoft.com... > Is there a function that if I wright text in one box, there is an automatic addition of a number in another box? in cell a2 =if(a1="mytext",2,"") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@28...

Simple macro help #2
I have a workbook with two sheets in it. the workbook is used to keep track of machines in a particular location. on one sheet there is a weekly update and the second sheet is a year to date tracker. what i'm trying to do is on the weekly sheet i want to update the numbers for each location, weekly obviously. on the other sheet i want it to keep track of the yearly amount. for example on the weekly sheet i have 3 machines in memphis and 4 in los angeles. the yearly sheet will read 3 for memphis and 4 for los angeles. then at the end of week two i update the weekly sheet saying there...

3 copies of deposits
Hi all, does anyone know how to set the reciept to print 3 copies of deposits instead of 2?? Thanks in advance..... Sorry, i menat 3 copies instead of 1. Andy, If you go into store operations Manager - databases - receipt formats, then select the receipt format you are using, then select the relevant template properties button. Once this is opened near the top of the page you will see the flag for receipt count - change this accordingley. Hope this is what you meant Marc "Andy King" wrote: > Sorry, i menat 3 copies instead of 1. Hi Marc, thanks for your response...

error 550 5.7.1 #2
Hello, We just acuired a new office and I had their MX record forward to my exchange server. However when an email from the old domain (this example bankxxx.com) I get the message below. I added bankxxx.com to my smtp connections to accecpt from this domain but it just doesn't want to accept it. It still only accepts email from my current domain which is bankyyy.com This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out. <bill@bankxxx.com>: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for mjaneiro@bankhnb.com Giving up...

3-D Chart background picture prints only partly
Hi, I have a problem in printing Chart with background picture: The Chart type is Clustered Column with a 3-D visual effect. I right-click the background and choose Format walls - Fill effects - Picture - Select Picture. I choose a .jpg picture. Format = Stretch. Apply to Sides, Front and End. The picture shows beautifully and prints fine on a black- and-white printer. But printing to a color printer (HP DeskJet or Color LaserJet) only prints 1/9:th of the picture starting from the upper left corner and stretching it to cover all the chart background. Print Preview shows the pictu...