transaction type report

This one could be difficult, if not impossible.

I am looking to bring a wine vendor under my roof and take a percentage of
his profits.  The problem I see is breaking down the credit card expense.  I
use paymentech to process the cards, and the rates vary depending on the card
type and transaction type.  I do however pay a set rate of $0.12 per credit
transaction (and then an additional percentage).

What I would like to be able to do is pull this information off of the jrnl
(reg anal report??). I would like to be able to break a transaction down
three different ways.

1)	food only transaction (wine vender pays nothing)
2)	food and wine credit transaction (wine vendor pays $0.6 plus the
percentage based on the credit card type).
3)	wine only credit transaction (wine vendor pays $0.12 plus the percentage
based on the credit card type)

I’m not sure if I’m explaining this well, but if so, does anyone have any
ideas to generate this type of report (or at least capture the date)?

All input is appreciated!

0
zoostation (66)
10/21/2006 4:06:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There must be a SQL command that will allow me to querey this???  Anyone?

"zoostation" wrote:

> This one could be difficult, if not impossible.
>
> I am looking to bring a wine vendor under my roof and take a percentage of
> his profits.  The problem I see is breaking down the credit card expense.  I
> use paymentech to process the cards, and the rates vary depending on the card
> type and transaction type.  I do however pay a set rate of $0.12 per credit
> transaction (and then an additional percentage).
>
> What I would like to be able to do is pull this information off of the jrnl
> (reg anal report??). I would like to be able to break a transaction down
> three different ways.
>
> 1)	food only transaction (wine vender pays nothing)
> 2)	food and wine credit transaction (wine vendor pays $0.6 plus the
> percentage based on the credit card type).
> 3)	wine only credit transaction (wine vendor pays $0.12 plus the percentage
> based on the credit card type)
>
> I’m not sure if I’m explaining this well, but if so, does anyone have any
> ideas to generate this type of report (or at least capture the date)?
>
> All input is appreciated!

0
zoostation (66)

------=_NextPart_000_080A_01C6F6EE.A897D550

Zoo,

I don't think this can be done as the tender of the sale doesn't look at =
the department of the sold items and visaversa.

Also, what about a split tender, how would one divy up the tenders to =
the departments?

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "zoostation" <zoostation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  This one could be difficult, if not impossible. =20

  I am looking to bring a wine vendor under my roof and take a =
percentage of=20
  his profits.  The problem I see is breaking down the credit card =
expense.  I=20
  use paymentech to process the cards, and the rates vary depending on =
the card=20
  type and transaction type.  I do however pay a set rate of $0.12 per =
credit=20
  transaction (and then an additional percentage).=20

  What I would like to be able to do is pull this information off of the =
jrnl=20
  (reg anal report??). I would like to be able to break a transaction =
down=20
  three different ways.

  1) food only transaction (wine vender pays nothing)
  2) food and wine credit transaction (wine vendor pays $0.6 plus the=20
  percentage based on the credit card type).
  3) wine only credit transaction (wine vendor pays $0.12 plus the =
percentage=20
  based on the credit card type)

  I=E2=80=99m not sure if I=E2=80=99m explaining this well, but if so, =
does anyone have any=20
  ideas to generate this type of report (or at least capture the date)?=20

  All input is appreciated!

------=_NextPart_000_080A_01C6F6EE.A897D550

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Zoo,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>I don't think this can be done as the tender =
of the=20
sale doesn't look at the department of the sold items and=20
visaversa.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Also, what about a split tender, how would =
one divy up=20
the tenders to the departments?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"zoostation" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:zoostation@discussions.microsoft.com">zoostation@discussio=
ns.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:759F9AD2-6535-45A6-A478-218D9EAC70C3@microsoft.com">news:759=
F9AD2-6535-45A6-A478-218D9EAC70C3@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>This=20
  one could be difficult, if not impossible.&nbsp; <BR><BR>I am looking =
to bring=20
  a wine vendor under my roof and take a percentage of <BR>his =
profits.&nbsp;=20
  The problem I see is breaking down the credit card expense.&nbsp; I =
<BR>use=20
  paymentech to process the cards, and the rates vary depending on the =
card=20
  <BR>type and transaction type.&nbsp; I do however pay a set rate of =
$0.12 per=20
  credit <BR>transaction (and then an additional percentage). =
<BR><BR>What I=20
  would like to be able to do is pull this information off of the jrnl =
<BR>(reg=20
  anal report??). I would like to be able to break a transaction down =
<BR>three=20
  different ways.<BR><BR>1) food only transaction (wine vender pays=20
  nothing)<BR>2) food and wine credit transaction (wine vendor pays $0.6 =
plus=20
  the <BR>percentage based on the credit card type).<BR>3) wine only =
credit=20
  transaction (wine vendor pays $0.12 plus the percentage <BR>based on =
the=20
  credit card type)<BR><BR>I=E2=80=99m not sure if I=E2=80=99m =
explaining this well, but if so,=20
  does anyone have any <BR>ideas to generate this type of report (or at =
least=20
  capture the date)? <BR><BR>All input is=20
appreciated!<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_080A_01C6F6EE.A897D550--

0
spam3944 (2163)

Detailed Sales Report Issues
From: "Stephen Zwarts" <stephen.zwarts@immix.co.za> Subject: Detailed Sales Report Issues Date: 09 January 2008 14:14 I have Two Detailed Sales reports, they have exactly the same info on with the exception of store details. As soon as i add Store Details i get an error. Please see error. --------------------------- Active Report --------------------------- Error reading report file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\Reports\Custom - Detailed Sales R...

User Security Report shows accessible items as non-a
Hi, Tech Knowledge 37004 details a problem with User Security Report. It is not scheduled for a fix. I am able to fix the window security by individually checking off the problem windows and then selecting MARK ALL. I have not tested this at a Class level yet and also have been unable to get it to work for Integration Manager file access. My questions: 1) Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue, perhaps at the Report Writer level. 2) Why does sa not have access the the Alternate Great Plains Windows and Reports? What is the difference in these windows/reports? thx, Doug T...

Linking worksheets after runnning report
O.k. please bear with me for this one I will try my best to explain. I am running a report (layout) using peoplesoft software and it returns the information in excel. When I run the layout the criteria is entered in one row, say A4 for example. The problem is that when I run the report (layout) the information expands. So I now have information in cel A4 - A10 (or wherever the data ends) on my layout worksheet. I want to link the layout worksheet to a different worksheet so I can format it, and display it in a more visually appealing manner. The problem is with the link. Before I...

NEWBIE question. Fields with calculations correct on form not showing up on report?
I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows $0's. How do I get the report to show what's on my form? On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:00:37 -0800 (PST), p-rat <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk >types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. > >When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows >$0's. How do I ...

Reports #8
Hello, Has anyone added item "on-hand" and "on-order" to the item movement report? Or maybe you know another report that shows item sales, on-hand and on-order? Thank you. Jim Jim - What is your email address? -- Jocelyn "Jimf" wrote: > Hello, > Has anyone added item "on-hand" and "on-order" to the item movement report? > Or maybe you know another report that shows item sales, on-hand and on-order? > Thank you. > Jim > I would be interested in a report to do the same. Please email to sales@windovers.com Thanks To...

Conditional Query Data in a Report
Is there a way to include the search criteria from a query in a report? More specifically, I use a date condition in a query to produce a report, and I'd like to add the date entered in the message box to the report. Is there a way to do that? If you are trying to do this using only a query and a report, I'm not familiar with a way. If you want to do this, the one way I know of is to use a form to "collect" the criteria that your query uses, then refer to the value entered in the form from within the report. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "sil...

Help With Score Card / Questionnaire Type Form
This is part of a longer post I tried to send earlier. I am building an Access application that resembles a questionnaire or score card. This is occurring to capture data in a database instead using individual Excel spreadsheets as is the practice now. I need help with getting the form to look like the spreadsheet with multiple questions displayed on the screen at the same time. I have created a table, DM Checklist, that contains the fields store number, date, DM category, pt value and question, and score. I have other tables – DM Category Table, DM Category Comments Table, Sales ...

Modifying user defined data type
Hi How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several fields across db? Thanks Regards You can't, I'm afraid. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:#IntyI3xKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several > fields across db? > > Thanks > > Regards > > > Basically, what Tibor...

VAT report should be to print without using system password
Currently when print VAT report (used for UK), tools-routines-company-vat return, need to enter system password and then can print report. Should be able to print VAT report without entering system password. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Is there a particular picture file format type
That works best with Publisher, particularly if you intend to convert the Publisher file to a pdf? Any type that is more efficient file size wise? I'm doing a 4 page newspaper and it's in B&W so I convert the photos to grayscale. Thanks wjhanna wrote: > That works best with Publisher, particularly if you intend to convert the > Publisher file to a pdf? Any type that is more efficient file size wise? I'm > doing a 4 page newspaper and it's in B&W so I convert the photos to grayscale. As far as Publisher is concerned, avoid TIFF and you can't go far wr...

Date in Report/Query
Hi. I have a report that has worked up until this past week. The query behind the report has the following expression: DateAuth: Format([CredAuthDate],"mm/dd/yy") If I type in 12/31/09....report works fine. Type in anything with "10" as the year and it fails. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I take off the format for the field it works. Is something different for the year 2010? This is an Access 2003 database. Thanks... I suggest applying criteria to an 'unformatted' field and turn off the display by unchecking the 'Sh...

Inventory Historical usage report
Does any one know what table or tables hold the Inventory uasge history. I am trying to write a report that will show toatl number of inventory items sold by year for each item number. I am on GP 9.0. I know this information is veiw by item number in the system but i need to get it out to excel asap. Thank you Ken You should be able to pull this information from the Inventory Transactions Amount History table (IV30300). You will have to summarize by year as you described where HSTMODUL = 'SOP'. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http...

Standard Reports on CRM 3.0
I am trying to setup CRM 3.0; I have set it up on sql 2005 and migrated the data from ACT with no errors. when I click on reports in workplace a message is displayed - an error has occurred - contact the system administrator. I ran the environment diagnostic tool and no errors appeared. Can anybody point me in the right direction to resolve this. For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log onto the Microsoft CRM Server. Open a File Explorer window and navigate to the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed. Open the web.config and chang...

Daily Sales Report #2
Hi, I work in a retail outlet that opens at 10:00 am and stays open until around 12:30/01:00am the next day. When we run the daily sales report it will only pick up from 12-12midnight. Due to this we have a headache in Finance trying to tally up the figures. Is there anyway to specify the time and date from a report in RMS or do I need to look at some other reporting software? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Regards Ken Hi Ken, My company, Professional Advantages has Analysis Cubes for RMS. This product is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering anal...

Report codes for Matrix Parent
I'm preparing for an upgrade from QS2000 and would like to know if th following is possible. I'm testing the demo version of RMS an imported my database. I'm a shoe and apparel store and matrixes ar very important to us. My reseller has recommended the Retail Real Fashion bundle, but I would like to try something else in th meantime.. I've modified a Detailed Item Sales report and would like to ad columns for the following items associated with the Matrix Paren Item Matrix Lookup Cod Matrix Descriptio Matrix Dimension 1 (I want to see the value associated with Chil item I...

Report loading pictures base on value...
Dear all, I have a report(labels) that have 5 textboxes with single value from either 0 to 9. so text box 1 could be 5, and text box 2 could be 8, and so on...So when a text box is with a certain value, i want it to load an image. so if text box 5 has a value of five, I want it to load image 5. I looked everywhere but couldn't find the answer. I think i have a concept but cannot code it...Please help. Thanks in advance. i'm looking to use: select case (expression - don't know how to start) case 1 load image 1 case 2 load image 2 case 3 load image 3 and so on... Thanks...

Report Total
I have a query with total quanity shipped by date. I want a report that will show total shipped by month showing all months of year. I have one showing total for each month but don't know how to get each month total on one report. Thanks! On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:32:01 -0800, walters <walters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a query with total quanity shipped by date. I want a report that will >show total shipped by month showing all months of year. I have one showing >total for each month but don't know how to get each month total on one &...

Paid out report
Is anyone aware of a report that will let you view paid out details. I need something to show me date, amount, to who and the cooment. ...

return items to supplier/reporting
how we can return items to suppliers with in the same purchase order so that we don't effect the posting in QB2003 7 keep the inventory accurate any recomended software for reporting i need to be able to have a charts to compare the sales & customer loyalty to the store in an easy way thanks -- maher almasri maher, The approved RMS way is to issue a Transfer Out back to the supplier. SO Manager | Inventory | Transfer Out. Also I assume that you know that Intuit is forcing an update to QB 2003 by April 30. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outl...

Reports not working in Outlook client but work fine in Browser
I have a client that is using the MS Outlook client to run MSCRM and when they go to the reports they get an error message. They work great in the Browser client. This company has the Report Server running on the SQL Server so I have a suspicition that it has something to do with Kerberos authentication. Any solutions? Is the user experiencing the problem running the Laptop client or the Desktop client? Is there more than one person experiencing the same problem? -- Visit my blog: http://lovepeaceandcrm.blogspot.com/ "X-eqt" wrote: > I have a client that is using the ...

Money Plus
I recently converted from Money 2005 to Money Plus (2008). The conversion went fine and everything was working as expected, for a while. All of a sudden I started to get the dreaded "This transaction cannot be entered" message. I did a Level 2 repair, but I still get the messages every so often. The weird part I discovered is that if I just click "Okay" and then hit "Enter", the transaction goes into the register. I don't have to re-type anything, I don't have to start a new transaction, I don't have to do any kind of repair. Any thoughts ...

Cannot view unaccepted transactions
I have Money 2004 Deluxe. I have had Money since version 98 and I have upgraded every year. I am used to downloading transactions from my online accounts on a daily basis and then reviewing the new items. I can no longer see the unaccepted transactions in any of my Money accounts while Money's Accounts view shows there are items to review. I ran a Standard repair several times on my money file without resolution. Please help. Chris In microsoft.public.money, Chris Kane wrote: >I have Money 2004 Deluxe. I have had Money since version >98 and I have upgraded every year...

Date parameter for report
In the Crystal Report viewer we had for CRM 1.2, when a parameter was a date, it would show something like the datetime picker control. With CRM 3 and SSRS, I've only been able to use a text box type control for the users to type in the date they want. Is there a way to show a calendar-type view for the users to click on a date for a date/time report parameter? Thanks. Hi, Date Picker control is available in SRS 2005 but not in SRS 2000. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail do...

Report problem with ODBC Call Failed
Good Day! I have a form that has two date fields that are date/time pickers, a combo box and a button. i also have a query that uses serveral tables from an odbc from a pervasive DB. That query is bound to several reports. keep in mind they all use the same query. now on that form, the user chooses the date frame of the query, (the query criteria is bound to these date/time pickers), and then chooses an option from the combo box, then then clicks the button. when the button is clicked, there is a 'select' that is based on the option selected from the combo box, and then opens th...

Render a RDLC report using VBscripts
I have an application that is not developed in Visual Studio but is connecting to a SQL database and is utilizing a RDLC report. Does anybody have any code that would only be a VB script file to render the report instead of creating a form in VB and running an exe to accomplish this? ...