Training Mode #3

Hi Guys this was a big problem for me when trying to sell RMS the fact that 
the only way to have training mode was to change all the setting in RMS. Well 
i have come up will a solution that allows you to click a button and switch 
databases and it also makes the till clearly state that its in training mode.

If anyone is interested and want to see more please email me at 
tom@psltd.net or phone on +442082755564

price is negotiable depending on amout of licences wanted
0
3/20/2006 3:01:17 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
452 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 4

You can do this for free by exporting the 
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store 
Operations\Server\Database key" Registry file and making a couple of 
Shortcuts on your desktop one for your live database and one for the 
training database. Just make sure that your training database receipts say 
TRAINING on the top.

Rob

"Tom Platinum systems ltd" <TomPlatinumsystemsltd@discussions.microsoft.com> 
wrote in message news:596611D4-8C5A-44F6-AB01-42CD9D8A0B43@microsoft.com...
> Hi Guys this was a big problem for me when trying to sell RMS the fact 
> that
> the only way to have training mode was to change all the setting in RMS. 
> Well
> i have come up will a solution that allows you to click a button and 
> switch
> databases and it also makes the till clearly state that its in training 
> mode.
>
> If anyone is interested and want to see more please email me at
> tom@psltd.net or phone on +442082755564
>
> price is negotiable depending on amout of licences wanted 


0
Rob
3/20/2006 3:17:34 PM
please explain further

"Rob" wrote:

> You can do this for free by exporting the 
> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store 
> Operations\Server\Database key" Registry file and making a couple of 
> Shortcuts on your desktop one for your live database and one for the 
> training database. Just make sure that your training database receipts say 
> TRAINING on the top.
> 
> Rob
> 
> "Tom Platinum systems ltd" <TomPlatinumsystemsltd@discussions.microsoft.com> 
> wrote in message news:596611D4-8C5A-44F6-AB01-42CD9D8A0B43@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Guys this was a big problem for me when trying to sell RMS the fact 
> > that
> > the only way to have training mode was to change all the setting in RMS. 
> > Well
> > i have come up will a solution that allows you to click a button and 
> > switch
> > databases and it also makes the till clearly state that its in training 
> > mode.
> >
> > If anyone is interested and want to see more please email me at
> > tom@psltd.net or phone on +442082755564
> >
> > price is negotiable depending on amout of licences wanted 
> 
> 
> 
0
hozay (81)
3/20/2006 9:03:27 PM
The program we have created basically does what robs saying but it also 
displays a training mode bar at the top and constantly warns that they are in 
training mode. I think what Robs suggesting is good for IT literate people 
but the program we have created does all this on a click of a button.

"hozay" wrote:

> please explain further
> 
> "Rob" wrote:
> 
> > You can do this for free by exporting the 
> > "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store 
> > Operations\Server\Database key" Registry file and making a couple of 
> > Shortcuts on your desktop one for your live database and one for the 
> > training database. Just make sure that your training database receipts say 
> > TRAINING on the top.
> > 
> > Rob
> > 
> > "Tom Platinum systems ltd" <TomPlatinumsystemsltd@discussions.microsoft.com> 
> > wrote in message news:596611D4-8C5A-44F6-AB01-42CD9D8A0B43@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi Guys this was a big problem for me when trying to sell RMS the fact 
> > > that
> > > the only way to have training mode was to change all the setting in RMS. 
> > > Well
> > > i have come up will a solution that allows you to click a button and 
> > > switch
> > > databases and it also makes the till clearly state that its in training 
> > > mode.
> > >
> > > If anyone is interested and want to see more please email me at
> > > tom@psltd.net or phone on +442082755564
> > >
> > > price is negotiable depending on amout of licences wanted 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
3/21/2006 10:03:26 AM
Goto Start menu and then click Run, type in regedit and click OK.
Navigate to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management 
System\Store Operations\Server\Database' Right click on Database and choose 
Export and then save registry file on your computer (i.e. Desktop), giving 
it a name called 'Live'.
You then need to create a new database based on your existing database (so 
you may have to do a backup). Setup SO Admin to connect to that newly 
created database and open SO Manager. Change the Company name to read 
'TRAINING MODE'  in capitals. Exit out of SO Manager.
Go back to the Registry Edit window and press F5 on your keyboard then right 
click on Database and choose Export and then save the registry file on your 
computer, giving it a name called 'Training'.

To switch from the Live to the Training and back all you have to do is make 
sure that POS and Manager are closed on that machine then double click on 
the Reg icons on your desktop and follow the on screen prompts.
Now open SO POS.

Rob

** For more added security you can also change the cashier login to user: 
training and password: training or completely change the Receipt, but 
changing the Company Name will put 'Training Mode' on the Status bar and on 
the Receipt.

 **Also if in testing it doesn't work just right click on one of the reg 
files and choose Edit, then make sure each setting is on the same line, easy 
way to do this is to turn on Word Wrap then turn it off, that should put 
each value on a single line. Save and close the reg file and try it again.)


"hozay" <hozay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:753188D6-A39D-4BEC-92DC-2C631B0D242C@microsoft.com...
> please explain further
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
>> You can do this for free by exporting the
>> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store
>> Operations\Server\Database key" Registry file and making a couple of
>> Shortcuts on your desktop one for your live database and one for the
>> training database. Just make sure that your training database receipts 
>> say
>> TRAINING on the top.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> "Tom Platinum systems ltd" 
>> <TomPlatinumsystemsltd@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message 
>> news:596611D4-8C5A-44F6-AB01-42CD9D8A0B43@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Guys this was a big problem for me when trying to sell RMS the fact
>> > that
>> > the only way to have training mode was to change all the setting in 
>> > RMS.
>> > Well
>> > i have come up will a solution that allows you to click a button and
>> > switch
>> > databases and it also makes the till clearly state that its in training
>> > mode.
>> >
>> > If anyone is interested and want to see more please email me at
>> > tom@psltd.net or phone on +442082755564
>> >
>> > price is negotiable depending on amout of licences wanted
>>
>>
>> 


0
Rob
3/21/2006 8:33:14 PM
you got my vote for MVP 
thanks

"Rob" wrote:

> Goto Start menu and then click Run, type in regedit and click OK.
> Navigate to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management 
> System\Store Operations\Server\Database' Right click on Database and choose 
> Export and then save registry file on your computer (i.e. Desktop), giving 
> it a name called 'Live'.
> You then need to create a new database based on your existing database (so 
> you may have to do a backup). Setup SO Admin to connect to that newly 
> created database and open SO Manager. Change the Company name to read 
> 'TRAINING MODE'  in capitals. Exit out of SO Manager.
> Go back to the Registry Edit window and press F5 on your keyboard then right 
> click on Database and choose Export and then save the registry file on your 
> computer, giving it a name called 'Training'.
> 
> To switch from the Live to the Training and back all you have to do is make 
> sure that POS and Manager are closed on that machine then double click on 
> the Reg icons on your desktop and follow the on screen prompts.
> Now open SO POS.
> 
> Rob
> 
> ** For more added security you can also change the cashier login to user: 
> training and password: training or completely change the Receipt, but 
> changing the Company Name will put 'Training Mode' on the Status bar and on 
> the Receipt.
> 
>  **Also if in testing it doesn't work just right click on one of the reg 
> files and choose Edit, then make sure each setting is on the same line, easy 
> way to do this is to turn on Word Wrap then turn it off, that should put 
> each value on a single line. Save and close the reg file and try it again.)
> 
> 
> "hozay" <hozay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:753188D6-A39D-4BEC-92DC-2C631B0D242C@microsoft.com...
> > please explain further
> >
> > "Rob" wrote:
> >
> >> You can do this for free by exporting the
> >> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store
> >> Operations\Server\Database key" Registry file and making a couple of
> >> Shortcuts on your desktop one for your live database and one for the
> >> training database. Just make sure that your training database receipts 
> >> say
> >> TRAINING on the top.
> >>
> >> Rob
> >>
> >> "Tom Platinum systems ltd" 
> >> <TomPlatinumsystemsltd@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >> wrote in message 
> >> news:596611D4-8C5A-44F6-AB01-42CD9D8A0B43@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi Guys this was a big problem for me when trying to sell RMS the fact
> >> > that
> >> > the only way to have training mode was to change all the setting in 
> >> > RMS.
> >> > Well
> >> > i have come up will a solution that allows you to click a button and
> >> > switch
> >> > databases and it also makes the till clearly state that its in training
> >> > mode.
> >> >
> >> > If anyone is interested and want to see more please email me at
> >> > tom@psltd.net or phone on +442082755564
> >> >
> >> > price is negotiable depending on amout of licences wanted
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
hozay (81)
3/21/2006 11:35:27 PM
Hi rob,
i tried to do this on HQ but after i press F5 and export the other registry 
i got this error 

connot import.... the secified file is not a registry script. you can only 
imort binary registry files from within the registry editor..



"Rob" wrote:

> Goto Start menu and then click Run, type in regedit and click OK.
> Navigate to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management 
> System\Store Operations\Server\Database' Right click on Database and choose 
> Export and then save registry file on your computer (i.e. Desktop), giving 
> it a name called 'Live'.
> You then need to create a new database based on your existing database (so 
> you may have to do a backup). Setup SO Admin to connect to that newly 
> created database and open SO Manager. Change the Company name to read 
> 'TRAINING MODE'  in capitals. Exit out of SO Manager.
> Go back to the Registry Edit window and press F5 on your keyboard then right 
> click on Database and choose Export and then save the registry file on your 
> computer, giving it a name called 'Training'.
> 
> To switch from the Live to the Training and back all you have to do is make 
> sure that POS and Manager are closed on that machine then double click on 
> the Reg icons on your desktop and follow the on screen prompts.
> Now open SO POS.
> 
> Rob
> 
> ** For more added security you can also change the cashier login to user: 
> training and password: training or completely change the Receipt, but 
> changing the Company Name will put 'Training Mode' on the Status bar and on 
> the Receipt.
> 
>  **Also if in testing it doesn't work just right click on one of the reg 
> files and choose Edit, then make sure each setting is on the same line, easy 
> way to do this is to turn on Word Wrap then turn it off, that should put 
> each value on a single line. Save and close the reg file and try it again.)
> 
> 
> "hozay" <hozay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:753188D6-A39D-4BEC-92DC-2C631B0D242C@microsoft.com...
> > please explain further
> >
> > "Rob" wrote:
> >
> >> You can do this for free by exporting the
> >> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store
> >> Operations\Server\Database key" Registry file and making a couple of
> >> Shortcuts on your desktop one for your live database and one for the
> >> training database. Just make sure that your training database receipts 
> >> say
> >> TRAINING on the top.
> >>
> >> Rob
> >>
> >> "Tom Platinum systems ltd" 
> >> <TomPlatinumsystemsltd@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >> wrote in message 
> >> news:596611D4-8C5A-44F6-AB01-42CD9D8A0B43@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi Guys this was a big problem for me when trying to sell RMS the fact
> >> > that
> >> > the only way to have training mode was to change all the setting in 
> >> > RMS.
> >> > Well
> >> > i have come up will a solution that allows you to click a button and
> >> > switch
> >> > databases and it also makes the till clearly state that its in training
> >> > mode.
> >> >
> >> > If anyone is interested and want to see more please email me at
> >> > tom@psltd.net or phone on +442082755564
> >> >
> >> > price is negotiable depending on amout of licences wanted
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Anna (82)
3/26/2006 10:59:01 PM
Are you signed in as an Administrator?

And are you right clicking on the Database key?

Rob

"Anna" <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:9E67CA7E-389E-4DA3-81E4-4AAF4CDAF9E7@microsoft.com...
> Hi rob,
> i tried to do this on HQ but after i press F5 and export the other 
> registry
> i got this error
>
> connot import.... the secified file is not a registry script. you can only
> imort binary registry files from within the registry editor..
>
>
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
>> Goto Start menu and then click Run, type in regedit and click OK.
>> Navigate to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management
>> System\Store Operations\Server\Database' Right click on Database and 
>> choose
>> Export and then save registry file on your computer (i.e. Desktop), 
>> giving
>> it a name called 'Live'.
>> You then need to create a new database based on your existing database 
>> (so
>> you may have to do a backup). Setup SO Admin to connect to that newly
>> created database and open SO Manager. Change the Company name to read
>> 'TRAINING MODE'  in capitals. Exit out of SO Manager.
>> Go back to the Registry Edit window and press F5 on your keyboard then 
>> right
>> click on Database and choose Export and then save the registry file on 
>> your
>> computer, giving it a name called 'Training'.
>>
>> To switch from the Live to the Training and back all you have to do is 
>> make
>> sure that POS and Manager are closed on that machine then double click on
>> the Reg icons on your desktop and follow the on screen prompts.
>> Now open SO POS.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> ** For more added security you can also change the cashier login to user:
>> training and password: training or completely change the Receipt, but
>> changing the Company Name will put 'Training Mode' on the Status bar and 
>> on
>> the Receipt.
>>
>>  **Also if in testing it doesn't work just right click on one of the reg
>> files and choose Edit, then make sure each setting is on the same line, 
>> easy
>> way to do this is to turn on Word Wrap then turn it off, that should put
>> each value on a single line. Save and close the reg file and try it 
>> again.)
>>
>>
>> "hozay" <hozay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:753188D6-A39D-4BEC-92DC-2C631B0D242C@microsoft.com...
>> > please explain further
>> >
>> > "Rob" wrote:
>> >
>> >> You can do this for free by exporting the
>> >> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store
>> >> Operations\Server\Database key" Registry file and making a couple of
>> >> Shortcuts on your desktop one for your live database and one for the
>> >> training database. Just make sure that your training database receipts
>> >> say
>> >> TRAINING on the top.
>> >>
>> >> Rob
>> >>
>> >> "Tom Platinum systems ltd"
>> >> <TomPlatinumsystemsltd@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> >> wrote in message
>> >> news:596611D4-8C5A-44F6-AB01-42CD9D8A0B43@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Hi Guys this was a big problem for me when trying to sell RMS the 
>> >> > fact
>> >> > that
>> >> > the only way to have training mode was to change all the setting in
>> >> > RMS.
>> >> > Well
>> >> > i have come up will a solution that allows you to click a button and
>> >> > switch
>> >> > databases and it also makes the till clearly state that its in 
>> >> > training
>> >> > mode.
>> >> >
>> >> > If anyone is interested and want to see more please email me at
>> >> > tom@psltd.net or phone on +442082755564
>> >> >
>> >> > price is negotiable depending on amout of licences wanted
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
Rob
3/27/2006 2:56:04 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

CRM 3.0 and Web Client
I have a admin user that is now getting http: 401 Unauthorized errors when accessing the Reports section under Workplace and system settings under Organization Settings. No errors occur anywhere else and when I log on to another machine with his profile the errors do not occur. Are your reports hosted on the same server as the MSCRM platform? If not then you are possibly looking at double hop authentication. Check out Microsoft's website relating to host the reports on separate server. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Tom" wrote: > I have a admin user ...

RMS 1.3 vs. 2.0
We are currently running RMS 1.3. We have access to the 2.0 SW version, but haven't been able to see a good comparison between 1.3 and 2.0. What does it deliver in addition to 1.3? What are the reasons people upgrade for? For 2.0 You do not need dongle anymore. It has 4GB DB Better feature for matrix item Better discount feature for discount items You can Mix and match by unit price and Mix and match : percent off and It has all the hotfixes. You should log in to customer source for more info. -- "sabribo" <sabribo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Visual Studio 7 project subfolders #3
I know this may not be the exact group to ask this in, but in VS6.0 I used to be able to create subfolders within a project to keep my classes divided up conveniently. I just got VS7, however, and i can't seem to find any way to create subfolders. I can create subfolders for an entire SOLUTION, but not within a project. Am I missing or forgetting something here? Thanks! Duy Lam ...

WDS 3.01 Won't install
WDS 3.01 Won't install at all Running XP SP2 and recently installed Office 2007 (haven't uninstalled office 2003 yet). Outlook 2007 wants the WDS application for instant search. I downloaded 3.01 and ran the install. It extracted all the files and went about a fifth of the way through the process (according to the progress bars) and then stopped. After about a minute it reported "Necessary update failed to install. Refer to C:\Windows|KB17013.log." Looking at the log file indicates installation failed because: INF_REGISTRY Failed Another log file created at the same...

Does Requery "Go back" to the remote Databse after I do an Open ? #3
I am using SQL Server 2000. If I do a cRecordSet "Open" that gets all the records of the table and later on I do a Requery, does the Requery go back to the remote Databse in SQL Server 2000 ? I don't have a way of testing this. Thanks a lot in advance. ...

alphabetical order #3
I have 2 worksheets i am working with. I have them pasted together so I only have to type the information in once. The problem I am having is the first sheet is listed alphabetically by name. I want the second sheet to be alphabetically by department. When I sort the second sheet though all I get is ****required field****. What did I do wrong or what didn't I do? Please help me with this. ...

How do I setup separate in-boxes for my family's 3 e-mail addrss?
Please advise.....i've set up 3 new e-mail accounts in Outlook but the e-mail to all 3 accounts dumps into the same in-box.....is there a way to create an separate in-box for each account? thanks not if they are pop3 accounts - but you can use rules to move them or if using outlook 2003, search folders to view them separately. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook...

How can I get training #2
From: "Tina Winston" <student107@set-solution.com> | On what ? Making a GOOD post in a Usenet News Group ? -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm "Tina Winston" <student107@set-solution.com> wrote in message news:%23$ccG1wGHHA.5000@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > > Go here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Tina Winston" <student107@set-solution.com> wrote in message news:%23$ccG1wGHHA.5000@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > > Learn how ...

Custom Report #3
Hi I have created a custom report in CRM 4.0 using the report wizard. The report shows a list of all the active cases and includes the subject and scheduled start of each service activity that is associated with each case. We would like to edit this report in two ways and I would like to ask for suggestions in doing this. We would like the service activities to be listed in rows below each case & we would like for the case information not be duplicated, if more than one service activity is associated with a case. So our report would list all case information in columns and the s...

Outlook Calander #3
Does anybody know if there is a way to have Outlooks calendar display the month with "full squares" for Sat and Sun just like other days of the week in the month display mode. I have a lot going on the weekends. Having Sat/Sun as one "square" makes it difficult to read. I cannot see any way to do this from the buttons menu. I am using Office Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance right click on the calendar and choose other settings - untick the compress weekend days option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNo...

outlook files #3
Where on my pc can I see the total quantity of GB that all my mailmessages contain? And does an important quantity can be a problem for my pc (getting slow) ? Thanks Jacques The file is called Outlook.pst. That's the default name. If you have renamed it to something else, you'll have to search for that name. Without knowing your version of Outlook and O/S, I can't really give you further location details. However you can search for *.pst and include hidden files/folders in the search. You may also have an archive.pst file as well. I can say that if you use Outlook 2002 or...

Merging .pst files #3
Greetings. I found a .pst file for OL (2000) that I thought I lost when reformatting my HD a couple months ago, and am curious as how to go about merging that with the current file (still OL 2000) that I opened in its place. They are both valuable to me, although the older more so than the newer. I think I've seen that problem and solution posted here before (or something similar) but didn't pay it any heed, as it wasn't useful for me at the time. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you. You can use the Import and Export Wizard which is located under File. From there follow ...

test #3
...

borderless printing #3
hey there! boy do i want to throw in the towel on this project, but i've worked so hard on it that i want it to print as nice as it looks on screen. i'm working with pub. 2003 and a brand new hp photosmart D7360. i am certain that this printer is capable of printing borderless photos & pages. it seems that i have tried every possible combination of page layout attempts -- and still no luck. but here's the kicker. i have an epson printer that is okay, but nothing to write home about -- i am able to print it borderless w/ no problem. but because this project is of p...

Error de instalacion en Microsoft CRM 3.0
Cerca del final, me sale esto: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_LocalTimeToUTC'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_UTCToLocalTime'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_RptBracket'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_GetFormatStrings'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindUserGuid'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindBusinessGuid'. lo que hice fue crear las funciones en las 2 bases de datos que el programa crea, solo para q las encontrata, despues de hacerlo le di retry y termino la instalacion bien. imagi...

drop down lists #3
I am working with a physician that is keeping track of HIV patients in an Excel workbook. Can a column be set up so that it has a drop-down list that will show different types of immunizations her patients would receive? She is also wanting to insert the date of the immunization in the same cell. Is that possible? If so, how do I set this up? Thanks! I think the easiest thing to try is Data|Validation. Debra Dalgleish has tons of tips at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html And tell the doc that she would be better off putting that date in an adjacent cell. It'll m...

xml question #3
Hi I am trying to create the following line in an xml fileusing the xml writer, <Style ss:ID="Default" ss:Name="Normal"> I have ss set up as a namespace I think, see below. Dim spreadsheetNamespace As String = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" writer1.WriteAttributeString("xmlns", "ss", xmlns, spreadsheetNamespace) I tried the following but it did not seem to work. writer1.WriteStartElement("Style", ID = "Default", spreadsheetNamespace) thanks Paul. Thanks Paul. -- Paul G Software engineer. Hi P...

New license key for upgrades from 3.0 to 4.0
Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0. My current 3.0 license is not being accepted! Thanks in advance, ~Maria Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the downloads. The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5CAE82E-A779-4FFD-9D72-3E0E02D3580C@microsoft.com... Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted d...

Excel search function #3
Hi All, Is there a way to use the search function to search non "0" value in cell. Ex - if i have "110254" in cell A1 - I need the position of non zero digit in the string of A1. Thanks, Thyag. Thyag wrote: > Hi All, > Is there a way to use the search function to search non "0" value in > cell. > > Ex - if i have "110254" in cell A1 - I need the position of non zero > digit in the string of A1. There are 5 non-zero digits in your example. Using your example, what would be the result? -- Jordon No need to post in more than one ...

CRM 3.0 problem with QueryByAttribute and QueryExpression
When i create an object from QueryByAttribute class or QueryExpression class and make attribute ColumnSet = new AllColumns(); or ColumnSet = my_custom_cols; to my object I take an error from mscrm: "There is an error in XML document (1, 662). ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format" Hi Gaploid! Gaploid wrote: > When i create an object from QueryByAttribute class or QueryExpression > class and make attribute ColumnSet = new AllColumns(); or ColumnSet = > my_custom_cols; to my object > I take an error from mscrm: > "There is an er...

Chart Question #3
is it possible to create a chart, skipping columns or rows I need to creat a chart using data from every other column and another using data from about every 5th row Any help appreciated David Hopper I'm open to correction on this, but I believe the best way to do this (assuming you don't want to delete the in between data, and resort the columns somehow) would be to create a macro that copies the data you want into the right format (probably on another sheet) and make the chart from there. Something along the lines of: sub MyCopy() dim NewSheet as worksheet dim OldSheet as w...

OMA #3
Hi All, I have the following massage when accessing OMA on my organization server via IE. My exchange server is in native mode. Outlook(R) Mobile Access is supported only on Microsoft(R) Exchange Server 2003. Currently your mailbox is stored on an older version of Exchange server. Please contact your system administrator for additional assistance I can't find any information, please help 10x Boaz. I am having the same problem. Have you found the solution ? "Boaz" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have the following massage when accessing OMA on my > organization ...

Unsubscribe #3
In our CRM 4 email campaigns, the unsubscribe feature does not seem to be working. The link shows up in the outgoing emails, and when a customer clicks it, they are able to reply back to our CRM sender. However, the properties of the associated contact never change to reflect that the user has unsubscribed. Shouldn't this happen automatically? Thanks, Tony ...

show 3 sets of data per data point in a scatter plot
I would like to be able to plot the pieces of info for each data point in a scatter plot and have all the information appear when the mouse hovers above each point, i.e.: Name of School, percentage of test takers, percentage passed. Is this possible? Hello, Marie! You wrote on Tue, 3 Oct 2006 08:08:02 -0700: M> I would like to be able to plot the pieces of info for each M> data point in a scatter plot and have all the information M> appear when the mouse hovers above each point, i.e.: Name of M> School, percentage of test takers, percentage passed. Is M> this possib...

How do I put one heading over 3 narrow columns?
I am trying to make an excel sheet that has the year "2006" over 3 narrow columns that just have an "X" in or they are blank. I cannot figure out how to put the 2006 so that it shows especially when I print sheet. Select your 3 cells (say A1:C1) format|cells|Alignment tab|Horizontal dropdown|Center Across Selection And type your value in A1 (the leftmost cell) with nothing in the other two cells. Janice wrote: > > I am trying to make an excel sheet that has the year "2006" over 3 narrow > columns that just have an "X" in or they are bl...