With our current POS system we can place items on order for a
particular customer (whether we are holding the stock or not) and when
we generate purchase orders the system automatically pops up letting us
know we have pending orders for customers. We can then generate a
purchase order based on this information. When we receive the stock, we
can print out a report for that order that lists what stock needs to be
allocated to which customers.

Is there a way with RMS that we can do this? Unfortunately it is a
regular occurance that our stock levels can be incorrect, for instance
we may have a 0 quantity for an item where POS might be telling us
we're holding 2, so we still need to be able to generate orders for
customers regardless of our stock quantity (therefore the backorder
system isn't reliable for us to use).

Thanks in advance.

0
amy_w_83 (1)
11/8/2005 6:06:49 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We have an Allocation Manager that handles this.  Contact me by email with
your details and I will have someone contact you.

Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk]
CEO - Retail Realm
--
URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk

"Amy" wrote:

> With our current POS system we can place items on order for a
> particular customer (whether we are holding the stock or not) and when
> we generate purchase orders the system automatically pops up letting us
> know we have pending orders for customers. We can then generate a
> purchase order based on this information. When we receive the stock, we
> can print out a report for that order that lists what stock needs to be
> allocated to which customers.
>
> Is there a way with RMS that we can do this? Unfortunately it is a
> regular occurance that our stock levels can be incorrect, for instance
> we may have a 0 quantity for an item where POS might be telling us
> we're holding 2, so we still need to be able to generate orders for
> customers regardless of our stock quantity (therefore the backorder
> system isn't reliable for us to use).
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
afshin (783)
11/8/2005 6:48:20 PM
This product is very buggy, clunky, hard to use and the reports don't work
properly . This program is overall not very well designed.
I just setup SOTracker a couple of weeks ago from DRS and it works great,
with one click of the mouse I can see all the orders that I received today
and give them a call.

"Afshin Alikhani" <afshin@retailrealm.co.uk> wrote in message
> We have an Allocation Manager that handles this.  Contact me by email with
> your details and I will have someone contact you.
>
> Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk]
> CEO - Retail Realm
> --
> URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk
>

> "Amy" wrote:
>
>> With our current POS system we can place items on order for a
>> particular customer (whether we are holding the stock or not) and when
>> we generate purchase orders the system automatically pops up letting us
>> know we have pending orders for customers. We can then generate a
>> purchase order based on this information. When we receive the stock, we
>> can print out a report for that order that lists what stock needs to be
>> allocated to which customers.
>>
>> Is there a way with RMS that we can do this? Unfortunately it is a
>> regular occurance that our stock levels can be incorrect, for instance
>> we may have a 0 quantity for an item where POS might be telling us
>> we're holding 2, so we still need to be able to generate orders for
>> customers regardless of our stock quantity (therefore the backorder
>> system isn't reliable for us to use).
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Help required in Custom Number format
Hi friends, I have a number 1525149. When i apply "comma" style it gives 1,525,149. Where as i need 15,25,149 (indian style). Tried to modify in Format>Cells>Custom number format but not made it. Can you give a solution. Thanks in advance. Madhu Hi Madhu, Here is a format that you can use [>=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00�;[>=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,#�#0.00 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Madhu" <madhu@paceinfo.com> wrote in message news:%23rfv3uAaFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi friends, > > I have a number 1525149. When i appl...

How to create a CEdit custom Scroll bar
Good morning developers. I am currently almost halfway developping a custom scroll bar for a CEdit control. My problem is that it almost works ok in Debug mode but it is unacceptable in release mode. Is there any trails I should look into on how to properly skin a CEdit control Scroll bar. The way I did it is I disabled the scroll bar in the MFC UI designer and I am painting a scroll bar in the NC Area. Is this the proper way to do It? I cought almost all the message to drag the thum, and the mouse wheel and auto moving the thumb if the view is scrolled when typing. Currently I am st...

Please help: Template for basic customer service/sales/reports
I want a basic CRM sales, customer service and reports, so I bought MS CRM software single license and MS SQL server. With very little Windows programming .NET and MS SQL experience, I don't think I have the time learn and develop a basic layout for sales, customer service and reports. Is there some kind of templates that I can download or purchase that come with pre-developed interfaces that I can pick from. I like the setup that comes with the demo version of MS CRM, so I'm seeking for something similar to that. Or is it better just to pay a developer to do the work for m...

Custom Menu's
I just installed Office 2003, I had the file with the custom menu setting in Excel 97. Does somebody know what is the file used by 2003 to keeps the menu settings. Thanks Hi Fgomez, > Does somebody know what is the file used by 2003 to keeps the menu > settings. > Excel11.xlb Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com ...

Custom Ribbon and Reports

How do I get my address book to display in last name order?
I've tried the solution suggested to a previous user but it hasn't worked. Any other suggestions? You tried what suggestion in what Outlook version? Don't forget to restart Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "calian armed man on in" <calian armed man on in @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9004A005-6117-41E6-A4EB-2BFED9A3E5CB@microsoft.com... > I've tried the solution suggested to a previous user but it hasn't worked. > Any other suggestions? Have you tried this link?: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP0103...

Email to a number of people but only have receiver's name in to box
Is it possible? Can an email be sent to a number of people but only the person receiving/opening it's name appear in the to field? Would this have something to do with mail merge? >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible? Can an email be sent to a number of people >but only the person receiving/opening it's name appear in >the to field? >. > I'm using Outlook 98. >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible? Can an email be sent to a number of people >but only the person receiving/opening it's name appear in >the to field? >. > ...

Purchase Order #5
I am looking for a software that will, 1- import order from XL-sheet into rms purchase order 2- export to XL-sheet from rms purchase order. Also, Is there a way I can set the profit margin to be fix so whenever the cost price changes the retail price will adjust automaticaly Check out the advanced purchase order module from RITE. It's pretty powerful and may fit your needs. http://www.rite.us/development/applicationdirectory.htm Mark Richter Stony Creek Computer Services "faiz" wrote: > I am looking for a software that will, > 1- import order from XL-sheet into rms...

Customer record count query
Hi everbody - I am struggling here - I need a query showing the number of customers that I have and also a record count as well. The result should look like this for eg> name address city state phone mary 555 main st miami florida 2015551212 henry 896 mott st orlando florida 201777888 total records = 2 select custname, address1, city, state, phone from RM00101 Compute count(*) -- Charles Allen, MVP "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Hi everbody - > I am struggling here - I need a query showing the number of customers that I > h...

Up date stock price's
will money 2007 update your stock price's -- GUYT Yes. Nothing new there. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "GUYT" <GUYT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA7EB821-BCD2-417F-B18D-4F22D8400168@microsoft.com... > will money 2007 update your stock price's > -- > GUYT Thank's Chris -- GUYT "Chris Cowles" wrote: > Yes. Nothing new there. > > -- > Chris Cowles > Gainesville, FL > > > "GUYT" <GUYT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:AA7EB821-BCD2-417F-B18D-...

Local Exchange users not receiving mail #2
Outlook IS our email client, SMTP is the protocol, Outlook is in the Corp/Workgroup mode, MS Exchange Server Service was installed on the Outlook client through Tools|Services|Add. The Outlook client found the Exchange Server and underlined the aliases without incident. Internal email is pretty much like a message service within the domain. It is not Internet based. It does not use IIS. Yeah, how _do_ you know if you're sending? Can people send to themselves? Just a wild guess, but maybe you need to tweak your RUP to correct the SMTP addresses due to some DNS thing. What abou...

Receiving error inserting charts in PowerPoint and Word.
When I try to insert a chart in PowerPont and Word, I receive an error that "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Please select a different chart type." It doesn't matter what type of chart I choose. It is independent of user profile on the computers, and the Office diagnostics does not fix it. I have tried repairing the installation, but it is on several machines, not just one. I have also tried opening Excel before Powerpoint, as suggested on several websites, but that doesn't help either. ...

Employee Stock Options #3
I just upgraded from Money02- 05. My company issues restricted stock, which I have to enter as a stock option in Money. In 02 in the portfolio view, it had a line for each item, for example: XYZ Company, 2002 Grant XYZ Company, 2003 Grant XYZ Company, 2004 Grant, etc.. When I upgraded to 05, it only shows the 2002 grant, and the 2005 grant. The transactions are still there, but it doesn't show in the portfolio view. If I move the date on my PC to 2006, they all show up. Any way to fix this? ...

Yet Another "Can Receive but not Send Mail" Post
Sending on behalf of my parents: After having to rebuild Vista after SP1 killed the laptop, am now in the not uncommon situation where trying to send mail results in: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'b', Account: 'mail.talktalk.net', Server: 'smtp.talktalk.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" I have uninstalled Norton Firewall and A/V (including using t...

tracking email to the outside
Here's my problem: We have an NT4 server running Exchange 5.5. The boss's secretary is finding that *some* of the e-mails she sends to external addresses is not being received by the recipients. Plus, she is not getting any informative e-mail telling her of the failure. How do you troubleshoot such a situation? Thanks, -Richard Vaughn Turn on message tracking in these 3 places: Configuration>>Information store site config Configuration>>MTA site config IMS You will be able to track messages to the point that they leave Exchange. -- hth, SusanV "Richard Vaug...

Customizing Outlook Today #18
Hi, Anyone any ideas why when I click on the button Customize Outlook Today nothing happens? Any ideas very welcome! Thanks. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Maple asked: | Hi, Anyon...

share custom menus and toolbars across users
Hi, This might seem to be a novice question so I apoligise in advance! I have a macro which I have assigned to a toolbar icon and dropped int the standard toolbar area (next to the save icon). Does anyone know ho I can have this icon appear when users log in from their own machine? thanks agai -- underhil ----------------------------------------------------------------------- underhill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27350 There is never any need to apologise. 1. Y...

Global Customer custom data field
I am running 2 stores with HQ and Global customers. How can I change the global customer title custom fields in the Additional tab in HQ. I change the title fields in store manager, by going to Captions button under the configuration section, but HQ Manager doesn't have a captions button. How can I update those custom fields in HQ with thier current customers? Thanks Dave These values are kept in records 1-15 of the CustomCaption table of the HQ database. Using HQAdministrator, you could execute a query like: update CustomCaption set caption='my custom text' where id=1 ...

How do I change default Custom paper size in MSPub 2003?
I once used a unique paper and inserted the dimensions in the Custom paper size, under Printer properties. That was some monthsago. For some reason, whever I open MSPub 2003 it starts with this unusual Paper size as my default. I have tried as many ways as I can to reset the Custom size, or to get it to open in a default A4 size (as used standard here in Australia) but it keeps on defaulting back to the strange Custom dimensions. Setup the paper size in the printer folder via the control panel. Right-click your printer, printing preferences... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micr...

Custom Chart Types
I need to create a graph that does not currently exist in Excel. Is there a depot of custom graph that people have made? The two types of graphs I need are: Chart1: 2x Bar, 1 line Chart2: "Pareto Type" 1 Line, 1 Bar, and a Area Any help would be greatly appreciated. Note: I can create these in other charting programs. Shawn Pendergast wrote: > I need to create a graph that does not currently exist in > Excel. Is there a depot of custom graph that people have > made? > > The two types of graphs I need are: > > Chart1: 2x Bar, 1 line > Chart2: &quo...

Posting Error for receiving serial number item
When I post shipment/invoice transaction, I get following message: **ERROR: Posting to table POP30310. Restore from a backup if possible. When I check the receiving transaction by inquiry window, the item, which is tracked by serical number, disappear from the transaction. Items tracked by lot or none are still in the receivng transaction. Does anyone know what cause the problem? I use GP 10.0 SP3. Thank you, Taka Taka, Coincidentally, the same issue was raised in Dynamics GP partner forums today. This is a known issue that is bein researched by Microsoft. This happens for Serial Number...

Linking activities to custom entity
Hi everyone, I got everything installed and customized but I have the following problem: I have set up a custom entity "project" where we store information about projects (we are a service based company). I have set up an m:n relationship between project and contacts so we can see all (external and internal) contacts that are working on that project. My problem is now that I can see the email history in a contact but not in an associated project. I would need to have the email stored in the contact history as well as in the project history. Is there a solution that CRM does this au...

Custom View problem #2
Hi there. I have a spreadsheet with an unwieldy number of columns, and I'm trying to use Custom View to make it easier to work with. Essentially, it is a business planning assumptions' log, with columns A-J detailing the assumption. Then, each department in the company has a number of columns to detail the impact of the assumption on their team, against various criteria. (i.e. Dept A has L-AN, Dept B has AP- BR and so on) I've created Custom Views to show A-J plus each department's columns, and one for the whole spreadsheet. However, when I try and create one to show just A...

Bulk Change Customer Price Level
We recently instituted a customer loyalty program. I need to set the price level for the 900+ custoemrs with these new cards and account numbers to Price level A. Account numbers are sequential and I can query them in reports but I lack the SQL know how to make the change. Any ideas. Starting Account number is 101010 and ending is 1010955 Hi Chris Try.... update customer set pricelevel = 1 where accountnumber between 0101010 and 1010955; I beleive account numbers are 7 digits; To roll back to all customers having "standard "price level use update customer set pricelevel ...

Error Tracking Email
Occasionally our users will get an error along the lines of "Unable to track email, please try again etc.." when trying to track a mail from their outlook inbox. The specific error that appears in the event log is: An error occurred while promoting a Microsoft CRM e-mail message. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80040216. Context=. Function=CMailItemHelper::HrPromoteMailItemInCrm. Line=1637. Anyone know why this is? and hopefully have a resolution..? :-) any attachments to the email>? Ian "Guy Bradley" <GuyBradley@discussions.microsoft.com> w...