Top Sales days top z report days report

Does anyone know how to find my top sales dates/ days with highest sales
/highest z reports ?
Does any one know how to find those  in RMS?
Is there a custom report for this ?

Thanks
Robert

0
Robert4087 (350)
4/13/2009 12:35:33 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Robert:

Do you want to look at your past journals/Z reports and print a new report
in descending order by sales showing dates?  Over what period of time: last
month, quarter, year...?

Aloha,
Miles
miles@pacificcomp.biz

Pacific Computer Systems
Miles Baidack

Supporting Business Since 1985
Phone: (808)395-8156 or (808)277-8156

"Robert" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to find my top sales dates/ days with highest sales
> /highest z reports ?
> Does any one know how to find those  in RMS?
> Is there a custom report for this ?
>
> Thanks
> Robert

0
MilesB (32)
4/13/2009 2:29:03 AM
these sql queries could give you the quick answer:

Top Sales Dates:
select top 10 left(time,11) date, sum(total) sales from [transaction] group
by left(time,11) order by sum(total) desc

Top Transactions:
select top 10 time, total, transactionnumber, storeid from [transaction]
order by total desc

Top Z Reports:
select top 10 closingtime, sales, batchnumber, storeid from [batch] order by
sales desc

"Robert" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to find my top sales dates/ days with highest sales
> /highest z reports ?
> Does any one know how to find those  in RMS?
> Is there a custom report for this ?
>
> Thanks
> Robert

0
MattHurst (182)
4/13/2009 9:34:01 AM
Than you so much this was exactly what i was looking for

Robert

"Matt Hurst" wrote:

> these sql queries could give you the quick answer:
>
> Top Sales Dates:
> select top 10 left(time,11) date, sum(total) sales from [transaction] group
> by left(time,11) order by sum(total) desc
>
> Top Transactions:
> select top 10 time, total, transactionnumber, storeid from [transaction]
> order by total desc
>
> Top Z Reports:
> select top 10 closingtime, sales, batchnumber, storeid from [batch] order by
> sales desc
>
> "Robert" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how to find my top sales dates/ days with highest sales
> > /highest z reports ?
> > Does any one know how to find those  in RMS?
> > Is there a custom report for this ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Robert

0
Robert4087 (350)

Report showing ID numbers only
I have tables set up, linked properly, forms, etc. Since I did forms and subforms, I had to create separate tables and link them, so I used a primary key ID in the tables. So far my database shows it is working - when information is entered into the form, it shows up in the correct tables and all that, but since I used all these primary keys, the tables just have a bunch of the numbers that pertain to what was input rather than actual words. I created a query with the fields that I want shown in the report, and I created the report and when I run it it shows up the correct fields I want...

sales Invoice
How to save a sales Invoice data from a template to access database automatically? ...

Transfered Sales Order Qty
Dear GP Users, I have transfered 5 out of 10 "Qty to Inv" from a Sales Order to an Invoice but when I deleted the Invoice, the quantity was not reversed back to the Sales Order. Is there away to reverse it? If the Sales Order have been transfered fully to Invoice and if the record is in history, how can I reverse the transaction to the original stated of the Sales Order? Thanks Andrew ...

Append Query every day at certain time automatically
Hi, So i have a query qryStats. Basicaly i want to be able to see how the stats have changed over a period so i was thinking of turning that simple query into an Append Query so that it just add the results to a table tblStats. I tested it and it works great so i can design reports and the result is exactly what i want. Problem is im going to forget to run the query each day. What are my options? Can i write code of some kind that runs the append query each day at, lets say 16:00? YES but your db would need to be running in order for that to work. You could also create...

multiple sales persons per customer
Some companies are set up so that a certain brand or class of items are sold by certain salespersons, which means that a single customer can be serviced by a number of sales persons. The system should have a relation of Item/Customer to sales person or Item Class/Customer to sales person. This will then allow a single customer to have several sales persons and because there is a relationship to the inventory item, when the item appears on a sales document the correct salesperson will be attributed to the sale. At the moment the system allows several sales persons per sales document but...

Year to date sales history of inventory
How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a particular item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months? Detailed Sales Report with a custom date range. In the body of the report look at the top line (Overall) that will give you the answer you seek my child. Now go caterpillar blossom into a butterfly. Rob "KatieH" wrote: > How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a particular > item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months? Musta got a new batch o glue, huh? (g) KatieH To pick up where Rob started...

Crystal Report
Any body knows about Crystal Report? I create de .def file. When I run it appear a Screen with "nothing" and Ok button ...

How can I change the Z-axes of my window or dialog? #2
Hello, All: I am now meetting a problem that the sub-window( or sub-dialog) would not be shown out in front of the parent window, however, I just wanna let it be shown in front of my parent window. Is there anybody who knows how I can set the Z-axes with any function? Thanks in advance! ...

Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , #2
Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , http://shopforless.itgo.com/ Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , from $50 -up for the top brands http://shopforless.itgo.com/ ...

Print notes on purchase order blank report
How can I print the notes from purchase order header on the purchase order blank report? thank you in advance. You can modify the PO in Report Writer. Link the Records Notes Master to the Purchase Order HEader table and include the notes table in the report. Then the notes text field will be available to be displayed in the report. Regards Sivakumar V On Nov 17, 6:38 am, "Jack Tundra" <jacktun...@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I print the notes from purchase order header on the purchase order > blank report? thank you in advance. Hi I am sorry but I cannot find th...

How do you block sales people from viewing other sales peoples activities?
When I give user level read permision to Accounts, Contacts, etc., other users cannot print reports on other user contacts and accounts, but they can still read them. I don't want them to be able to read each others accounts and contacts. They can do this using Advanced Find or the View lists. I can prevent them from accessing all accounts and contacts on the view lists by sharing them only with an admin team, but this does not work for Activities because System Customization does not include Activities in the list. I don't know how to keep them from reading each others r...

Excel 2002 Day/Date format
For some reason on one of my computers, Excel won't allow the cell to be formatted to read "Day, Month Date, Year". The option doesn't exist under the Date category of the Format Cells command. Anyone have any ideas? Hi Have you tried using a Custom format? -- Andy. "The Kingfish" <KCKingfish@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:MGjke.4830$X92.1081@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net... > For some reason on one of my computers, Excel won't allow the cell to be > formatted to read "Day, Month Date, Year". > > The option doesn&...

Retrieving the Top 10 of the Average of Two columns, but displaying a third
I'm new to Excel programing, so please bear with me. I have an excel spreadsheet with 3 columns. Column1 Column2 Column3 -------------------------------------- John Doe 5 3 Jane Smith 2 9 Bill Smith 4 2 What I need to do is take the average of Column 2 and 3, find the highest average of the entire list and display Column 1 as the final result. In other words: I need to create a Top 5 List of the people with the highest grade average. I don't care much for displaying the grade, I just need the top 5...

Add number of days due field on aged trial balance reports (PM/RM)
I would like to add 'number of days past due' field on the aged trial balance reports and sort the reports by this field. I dont know how to proceed. Can someone guide me? ...

Monthly Reports
Does anyone know how to do monthly reports via Cystral Reports via ODBC or using Excel via ODBC via HQ Database. You can connect the the SQL server via ODBC from Excel. Data | Database Query Create a new database source using the SQL Server driver, enter your server/database paramaters, and you are off the races. MS Query will open and you can create queries from there. Then you can slice and dice the data any way you want it or do Pivottables. Jason "TonyC" <TonyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FCBBBCD-121A-4A9B-B486-F7B57B532CC2@microsoft.com.....

"Dynamic message" on a report
I have been trying to figure out a way to do this and have not been able to find anything concrete to help me. I have a report containing several sub-reports. It is an inventory report for a variety of production lines. If the inventory on a certain die set is less then 0.5, I want to be able to display a message on the report telling the user that the inventory on this die set is low drawing attention to it. Can anyone provide an example of how I can accomplish this? I was thinking of an If, Then, Else If but have never seen it for a report. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank yo...

Lot matrix report
Is there a way to generate a report that would show all lot matrix items with the associated lots thanks Sure there is! If you have the custom matrix report already you simply need to change the value for "Class" (ItemClass.ClassType) to equal "2". This will show all Lot Matrix items and group them by the Lot Matrix Code. Let me know if you need additional help! CB "Robert" wrote: > Is there a way to generate a report that would show all lot matrix items > with the associated lots > > thanks > Where can i get the custom matrix r...

Outlook 2007 when activesyncing moves all appt to next day?
Why do all of the appointments in Outlook 2007 move to the next day when activesyncing to/ from my smart phone (an HTC- T Mobile phone). Never had this problem when I had Office 2003. THe appointments stay correct on my phone, but move to the next day in my computer.. a total mess! Does not matter how I set up active sync as for as advanced tools in determinig to replace on the desktop versus the device. Check your DST settings in both Outlook and the PC, as well as on your phone. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

First hit to Reporting services is slow
Hello, [SQL2008] - version 10.0.2531 The first hit to our SQL2008 Reporting service is always very slow. Its a VMware and the total server memory is 7GB out of which we have reserved 4GB for SQLServer and 1.5GB for Reporting services. This is the entry snippet in rsreportserver config file: <MemorySafetyMargin>50</MemorySafetyMargin> <MemoryThreshold>75</MemoryThreshold> <WorkingSetMaximum>1572864</WorkingSetMaximum> <WorkingSetMinimum>1048576</WorkingSetMinimum> <RecycleTime>720</RecycleTime> S...

Reporting on Items below Reorder Point
Don't see how this can be done using the existing filters (just want to list any item whose on-hand quantity is currently below it's reorder point)...will this require some custom work to accomplish? Thanx & regards, Rich Item Quantity Report, set Quantity to order (MPQ) to greater than (>) zero. Ken Nelson "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1028E5FA-C0DD-4E64-AAB5-A13C46BDF55F@microsoft.com... > Don't see how this can be done using the existing filters (just want to > list > any item whose on-hand quantity is ...

Appointments "off scale" at top & bottom of display
In calendar, the Day View, when there are appointments earlier or later than the times displayed on the screen, the only indication is a tiny gray triangle on the far right side of the last visible appointment. Is there some way to make it more obvious that there are appointments on the list you cannot see? Thank you. You can't make the triangle more obvious but can use a larger time scale so more time is visible on screen. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Ou...

Service Activites that span more than several days
I know this has been brought up before, but I haven't found a solid answer. I basically have users that I'm scheduling stuff to that obviously don't work on the weekends (and are configured as such). If I have a 7 day service that needs to span a weekend, the weekend is counted as apart of that service activity. Is there any method to "push" the days out so they don't include the weekend and only encompass the actual workable days? I'm a bit desperate here. Even a programmatic solution will do. The only solution I found was to chop up the service activity. But I...

Earn $200 per day without a website
Tired of wasting your time & hard earned money on "intelligent" programs which promise to make you rich overnight? Then read on, because I am going to show you............. How I made over $2000 in just 10 days using a ridiculously stupid technique I stole from my own affiliate Click the following link to see the entire procedure explained step-by- step. http://www.showroute.com/odp I Got MY Own ATM. J http://www.showroute.com/odp Wilson. ...

New Report Needed
The Boss needs an end-of-year report. One of the custom reports comes close, but yields screwy results. What we need is a report that shows the customer information (name, address, etc) and the total amount of purchases for the period. It would be nice to be able to input the date range, but YTD is the minimum requirement. If we could specify how many (top 10, top 50, top 100) customers to show, that would be icing on the cake. The goal is to output to Excel. The problem is, the current custom report shows the customer info (address etc) on the report DETAIL line, which makes no sense...

set menubar and toolbar for all reports via code
Does anyone know how to enumerate through the AllReports collection to set a custom menubar and toolbar for each report in the collection? I can set the menubar and toolbar when a report is open, but I need to be able to set these whether a report is open or not. I need to set the menu/tool bars for each report during the launch of the startup form. There are 60 some reports in the application, and ever growing, and I'd rather not have to set each one individually via its property sheet "microb0x" <wolffmike@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182270718.118751.215060@g4...