TMP FILE TYPE!!!!!! MS SUX

When I run reports and then EXPORT and use the EMAIL option the file is
placed in outlook express as a TMP file type instead of HTML, CSV or TXT.

When I receive the email Outlook says that "Outlook blocked access...."

Upon further research TMP is a permanently blocked file type and cannot be
changed!

Nice collaboration effort Micro$oft!

Is there a way to change the export file type extenstion to the CORRECT
extension(s).  You'd assume if you want to send a CSV file that RMS would
create a filename.csv but instead you get a Q??##.TMP.

Anyone?  Any help?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGg

David

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Teach Outlook a lesson:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm

I want my mail reader to do what I tell it.  I don't need MS protecting me
from myself.

Recently we had this saem issue with a .mdb file.  We use access to maintain
a mailing list, and we e-mail the mailing list to our ad agency for direct
mail projects.  We got a ton of RTS fliers and wanted to double check that
the proper file was sent. Outlook blocked access to the attachment *in the
Sent folder*.

I could understand (I wouldn't like it, but I could understand) blocking
attachments in the Inbox, but this was in the Sent Items folder.  They're
blocking access to an attachment *that I sent*!!!

Yes, the exported file should be in a usable format.  In the meantime, show
Outlook who's boss.

Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

"David Parrish" wrote:

> When I run reports and then EXPORT and use the EMAIL option the file is
> placed in outlook express as a TMP file type instead of HTML, CSV or TXT.
>
> When I receive the email Outlook says that "Outlook blocked access...."
>
> Upon further research TMP is a permanently blocked file type and cannot be
> changed!
>
> Nice collaboration effort Micro$oft!
>
> Is there a way to change the export file type extenstion to the CORRECT
> extension(s).  You'd assume if you want to send a CSV file that RMS would
> create a filename.csv but instead you get a Q??##.TMP.
>
> Anyone?  Any help?
>
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGg
>
> David

0
tomg1 (230)
5/24/2006 4:05:02 PM
Tom,

The reg edit didn't work.  I didn't have the /Security/ Key so I created and
then created the string per the instructions but still nada.

I restarted Outlook but I did not reboot the system, I'll try that next.....

Any chance of getting Microsoft to just fix RMS?

dp

"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> Teach Outlook a lesson:
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm
>
> I want my mail reader to do what I tell it.  I don't need MS protecting me
> from myself.
>
> Recently we had this saem issue with a .mdb file.  We use access to
> maintain
> a mailing list, and we e-mail the mailing list to our ad agency for direct
> mail projects.  We got a ton of RTS fliers and wanted to double check that
> the proper file was sent. Outlook blocked access to the attachment *in the
> Sent folder*.
>
> I could understand (I wouldn't like it, but I could understand) blocking
> attachments in the Inbox, but this was in the Sent Items folder.  They're
> blocking access to an attachment *that I sent*!!!
>
> Yes, the exported file should be in a usable format.  In the meantime,
> show
> Outlook who's boss.
>
> Tom
> --
> The worst words in business:
> "We''ve always done it that way"
> --
> Stop Fishing for eMail.
>

> "David Parrish" wrote:
>
>> When I run reports and then EXPORT and use the EMAIL option the file is
>> placed in outlook express as a TMP file type instead of HTML, CSV or TXT.
>>
>> When I receive the email Outlook says that "Outlook blocked access...."
>>
>> Upon further research TMP is a permanently blocked file type and cannot
>> be
>> changed!
>>
>> Nice collaboration effort Micro$oft!
>>
>> Is there a way to change the export file type extenstion to the CORRECT
>> extension(s).  You'd assume if you want to send a CSV file that RMS would
>> create a filename.csv but instead you get a Q??##.TMP.
>>
>> Anyone?  Any help?
>>
>> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGg
>>
>> David

David,

You could use Outlook instead of Outlook Express. ;-)

--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

"David Parrish" <david.parrish@vino100-lakeway.com> wrote in message
Tom,

The reg edit didn't work.  I didn't have the /Security/ Key so I created and
then created the string per the instructions but still nada.

I restarted Outlook but I did not reboot the system, I'll try that next.....

Any chance of getting Microsoft to just fix RMS?

dp

"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> Teach Outlook a lesson:
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm
>
> I want my mail reader to do what I tell it.  I don't need MS protecting me
> from myself.
>
> Recently we had this saem issue with a .mdb file.  We use access to
> maintain
> a mailing list, and we e-mail the mailing list to our ad agency for direct
> mail projects.  We got a ton of RTS fliers and wanted to double check that
> the proper file was sent. Outlook blocked access to the attachment *in the
> Sent folder*.
>
> I could understand (I wouldn't like it, but I could understand) blocking
> attachments in the Inbox, but this was in the Sent Items folder.  They're
> blocking access to an attachment *that I sent*!!!
>
> Yes, the exported file should be in a usable format.  In the meantime,
> show
> Outlook who's boss.
>
> Tom
> --
> The worst words in business:
> "We''ve always done it that way"
> --
> Stop Fishing for eMail.
>

> "David Parrish" wrote:
>
>> When I run reports and then EXPORT and use the EMAIL option the file is
>> placed in outlook express as a TMP file type instead of HTML, CSV or TXT.
>>
>> When I receive the email Outlook says that "Outlook blocked access...."
>>
>> Upon further research TMP is a permanently blocked file type and cannot
>> be
>> changed!
>>
>> Nice collaboration effort Micro$oft!
>>
>> Is there a way to change the export file type extenstion to the CORRECT
>> extension(s).  You'd assume if you want to send a CSV file that RMS would
>> create a filename.csv but instead you get a Q??##.TMP.
>>
>> Anyone?  Any help?
>>
>> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGg
>>
>> David

0
spam3944 (2163)
5/24/2006 9:12:26 PM
Jeff,

I use Outlook for my email on my laptop.  I use OE on the server where I run
the reports when I am away from the office.

Are you saying sending the TMP file with Outlook versus sending with OE will
make a difference?

Tom just said he had trouble doing that as well.

How about Microsoft fix this crap so RMS works correctly and we don't have
to do work arounds.  Gee what a revalation.  Fix the problem instead of the
symptoms.

Sorry I'm being cynical I'm just tired of the band-aids - Doesn't MS
listen?!?!?!?!

David

"Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> The worst words in business:
>> "We''ve always done it that way"
>> --
>> Stop Fishing for eMail.
>>

>> "David Parrish" wrote:
>>
>>> When I run reports and then EXPORT and use the EMAIL option the file is
>>> placed in outlook express as a TMP file type instead of HTML, CSV or
>>> TXT.
>>>
>>> When I receive the email Outlook says that "Outlook blocked access...."
>>>
>>> Upon further research TMP is a permanently blocked file type and cannot
>>> be
>>> changed!
>>>
>>> Nice collaboration effort Micro$oft!
>>>
>>> Is there a way to change the export file type extenstion to the CORRECT
>>> extension(s).  You'd assume if you want to send a CSV file that RMS
>>> would
>>> create a filename.csv but instead you get a Q??##.TMP.

David,

Outlook sends the file in the format you request, (html, xml, csv, tab), OE
_always_ sends it as a .tmp file, not sure why.  Suspect its an
issue/feature/need upgrade to Outlook reminder,  of OE. ;-)

You may have to tweak Outlook to accept those formats, don't remember if I
had already did that to my system.

Your other option is to save the file first and then attach it to the email.
That works for any email program.

--
*

> [...]

>> The worst words in business:
>> "We''ve always done it that way"
>> --
>> Stop Fishing for eMail.
>>

>> "David Parrish" wrote:
>>
>>> When I run reports and then EXPORT and use the EMAIL option the file is
>>> placed in outlook express as a TMP file type instead of HTML, CSV or
>>> TXT.
>>>
>>> When I receive the email Outlook says that "Outlook blocked access...."
>>>
>>> Upon further research TMP is a permanently blocked file type and cannot
>>> be
>>> changed!
>>>
>>> Nice collaboration effort Micro$oft!
>>>
>>> Is there a way to change the export file type extenstion to the CORRECT
>>> extension(s).  You'd assume if you want to send a CSV file that RMS
>>> would
>>> create a filename.csv but instead you get a Q??##.TMP.

0
spam3944 (2163)
5/24/2006 10:18:17 PM
I *ALWAYS* save the file to disk then attach it to an e-mail.

I would recommend that you NEVER e-mail from your server.  Especially with a
security disaster like OE for a mail client.  If you absolutely must e-mail
from the server, use webmail.

I won't argue that the .tmp file is somehow acceptable, but the process you
describe is not one I would use.

Best of luck,
Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

"Jeff" wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> I want my mail reader to do what I tell it.  I don't need MS protecting
> >> me
> >> from myself.
> >>
> >> Recently we had this saem issue with a .mdb file.  We use access to
> >> maintain
> >> a mailing list, and we e-mail the mailing list to our ad agency for
> >> direct
> >> mail projects.  We got a ton of RTS fliers and wanted to double check
> >> that
> >> the proper file was sent. Outlook blocked access to the attachment *in
> >> the
> >> Sent folder*.
> >>
> >> I could understand (I wouldn't like it, but I could understand) blocking
> >> attachments in the Inbox, but this was in the Sent Items folder.  They're
> >> blocking access to an attachment *that I sent*!!!
> >>
> >> Yes, the exported file should be in a usable format.  In the meantime,

0
tomg1 (230)
5/24/2006 11:16:02 PM
I use Outlook and when I export a report to Email it does NOT use a .tmp
extension.  It uses the correct extension for whatever file type i select.
Doesn't look like this is an issue with RMS at all.

jASON
> [...]
>> > reader
>> > see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
>> > follow
>> > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with
>> > newsreader"
>> > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>> >
>> > http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>> >
>> > **********
>> >
>> > "David Parrish" <david.parrish@vino100-lakeway.com> wrote in message
>> > Tom,
>> >
>> > The reg edit didn't work.  I didn't have the /Security/ Key so I
>> > created
>> > and
>> > then created the string per the instructions but still nada.
>> >
>> > I restarted Outlook but I did not reboot the system, I'll try that
>> > next.....
>> >
>> > Any chance of getting Microsoft to just fix RMS?

0
jason249 (20)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

number rounding in MS Excel

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Public Folder link to Excel File

Renaming Partial File Names

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

MS Access 2007 code not running

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...

landed costs in MS RMS
Is there a standard functionality on handling landed costs (allocating freight and other related costs to the value of goods purchased)? We've heard that there's add-on that need to purchased in addition to RMS to support this feature and so far we couldn't hear of someone who has used it. Try contacting www.retailrealm.us directly for a reference on the Landed Cost add-on. Rob "Kstylian" <Kstylian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83D5F933-4592-4AEE-AE31-7673261F88EC@microsoft.com... > Is there a standard functionality on handling landed ...

MS Money '04 Reference Books
Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem to have one for every software program other than Money. Any suggestions? Thanks much, Too many books ended up getting pulped--I'm not sure there are any for Money anymore. You might check on http://www.amazon.com. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e72001c3f056$477b1c10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference > books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem > to...

MS CRM Security 05-26-04
Hi, I have 2 business units: 1. New Business Sales 2. Account Management (management of current customers) I want to use the MS CRM security settings so that users in New Business Sales cannot see any account records for our current customers. This includes if the New Business Sales users select the &#8216;All Accounts&#8217; view. Is this possible with MS CRM? Yes. When you assign access rights to the role, only give them "Business Unit" access, they will only be able to see data within their BU. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ------------------...