tender using outside gift card

Hi,
does anyone know how to 'pass' the transaction total to an outside exe or dll?
we are trying to process the transaction with a gift card (not an internal
gift card, this GC is another company who wants to 'share' the gift card
balance). basically RMS needs to pass the transaction total to the exe (or
dll) which will query the balance of the gift card (over the internet and/or
local DB). the exe/dll will query its database and return a yes or no to RMS

any help would be appreciated.
scott@kanesvending.com
--
Walt
0

You use what's called a "Hook" function to call the external
application.  There are many threads on this newsgroup that discuss the
basics of writing hooks.

There are several gift card add-ins already in existance, and I would
recommend using one of these rather than trying to roll your own -
tenders are not exactly the part of the system you want to learn on...

Check out GiveX, Mercury Payments and TPI Software for a start.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Walt wrote:
> Hi,
> does anyone know how to 'pass' the transaction total to an outside exe or dll?
> we are trying to process the transaction with a gift card (not an internal
> gift card, this GC is another company who wants to 'share' the gift card
> balance). basically RMS needs to pass the transaction total to the exe (or
> dll) which will query the balance of the gift card (over the internet and/or
> local DB). the exe/dll will query its database and return a yes or no to RMS
>
> any help would be appreciated.
> scott@kanesvending.com
0
glenn9672 (1267)
5/16/2006 6:22:29 PM
Glen,

Thank you for your response.  My customer is using their own gift cards and
I was able to get the help I need from another RMS Var/ISV to write the hook
program.

--
Walt

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> You use what's called a "Hook" function to call the external
> application.  There are many threads on this newsgroup that discuss the
> basics of writing hooks.
>
> There are several gift card add-ins already in existance, and I would
> recommend using one of these rather than trying to roll your own -
> tenders are not exactly the part of the system you want to learn on...
>
> Check out GiveX, Mercury Payments and TPI Software for a start.
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Walt wrote:
> > Hi,
> > does anyone know how to 'pass' the transaction total to an outside exe or dll?
> > we are trying to process the transaction with a gift card (not an internal
> > gift card, this GC is another company who wants to 'share' the gift card
> > balance). basically RMS needs to pass the transaction total to the exe (or
> > dll) which will query the balance of the gift card (over the internet and/or
> > local DB). the exe/dll will query its database and return a yes or no to RMS
> >
> > any help would be appreciated.
> > scott@kanesvending.com

0
Walt507 (23)