Synchronizing Item DB between POS and backoffice

In my backoffice i use a copy of my POS item database. I mainly use it to
print mass labels and to process my online orders. This database is not
connected in any way to the POS database.

What I would like to do is to synchronize the items table between POS and
backoffice. I just would like to get all new or updated items from the POS
maybe once a week, or whenever i know i made changes to the POS items table.

Is there an easy way to get this done? I don't want to just restore an
entire backup as I would loose my online order payment processing.

Both systems are on RMS 2.0 latest support pack.

0
Gerd9246 (12)
12/21/2008 11:59:49 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mmm,

Is there a reason why you dont install the Store Operations administrator/
manager at back office so that you can connect to the online POS database ?

I am not sure whether there is an easy way to synchronize 2 tables in
database
The hardway would be:
1. export the item table content . i think use a bcp command line utility
that comes with SQL server installation
2. Import back usig the same bcp utility at the target machine

But this would be one way synchronization

rgds,
Joie

"Gerd" <Gerd@BAVARIAN-CONS.COM> wrote in message
> In my backoffice i use a copy of my POS item database. I mainly use it to
> print mass labels and to process my online orders. This database is not
> connected in any way to the POS database.
>
> What I would like to do is to synchronize the items table between POS and
> backoffice. I just would like to get all new or updated items from the POS
> maybe once a week, or whenever i know i made changes to the POS items
> table.
>
> Is there an easy way to get this done? I don't want to just restore an
> entire backup as I would loose my online order payment processing.
>
> Both systems are on RMS 2.0 latest support pack.

0
joie (60)
12/22/2008 7:49:50 AM
Thanks for your reply, Joie.

I have the SO adminitrator installed on the backoffice system. The main
reason I don't want to connect to the POS database is that all my online
orders are processed in Quickbooks. Only the credit card processing is done
in the backoffice POS.

Every day I extract all the sales and tender details from the POS and load
those into Quickbooks as well. Connecting the backoffice to the POS would
give me wrong tender totals, as for the online orders i would not have the
sales to go with it.

Is the bcp utility also part of store operations or only part of a full SQL
server installation? I only have store operations but not a full SQL server
installed on the backoffice pc.

"Joie" <Joie.hadi.nata.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Mmm,
>
> Is there a reason why you dont install the Store Operations administrator/
> manager at back office so that you can connect to the online POS database
> ?
>
> I am not sure whether there is an easy way to synchronize 2 tables in
> database
> The hardway would be:
> 1. export the item table content . i think use a bcp command line utility
> that comes with SQL server installation
> 2. Import back usig the same bcp utility at the target machine
>
> But this would be one way synchronization
>
> rgds,
> Joie
>
> "Gerd" <Gerd@BAVARIAN-CONS.COM> wrote in message
>> In my backoffice i use a copy of my POS item database. I mainly use it to
>> print mass labels and to process my online orders. This database is not
>> connected in any way to the POS database.
>>
>> What I would like to do is to synchronize the items table between POS and
>> backoffice. I just would like to get all new or updated items from the
>> POS maybe once a week, or whenever i know i made changes to the POS items
>> table.
>>
>> Is there an easy way to get this done? I don't want to just restore an
>> entire backup as I would loose my online order payment processing.
>>
>> Both systems are on RMS 2.0 latest support pack.

0
Gerd9246 (12)
12/22/2008 1:28:32 PM
I am using SQL server 2005 standard edition
On my machine the bcp tool is located at
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn

> Thanks for your reply, Joie.
>
> I have the SO adminitrator installed on the backoffice system. The main
> reason I don't want to connect to the POS database is that all my online
> orders are processed in Quickbooks. Only the credit card processing is
> done in the backoffice POS.
>
> Every day I extract all the sales and tender details from the POS and load
> those into Quickbooks as well. Connecting the backoffice to the POS would
> give me wrong tender totals, as for the online orders i would not have the
> sales to go with it.
>
> Is the bcp utility also part of store operations or only part of a full
> SQL server installation? I only have store operations but not a full SQL
> server installed on the backoffice pc.
>
> "Joie" <Joie.hadi.nata.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Mmm,
>>
>> Is there a reason why you dont install the Store Operations
>> administrator/ manager at back office so that you can connect to the
>> online POS database ?
>>
>> I am not sure whether there is an easy way to synchronize 2 tables in
>> database
>> The hardway would be:
>> 1. export the item table content . i think use a bcp command line utility
>> that comes with SQL server installation
>> 2. Import back usig the same bcp utility at the target machine
>>
>> But this would be one way synchronization
>>
>> rgds,
>> Joie
>>
>> "Gerd" <Gerd@BAVARIAN-CONS.COM> wrote in message
>>> In my backoffice i use a copy of my POS item database. I mainly use it
>>> to print mass labels and to process my online orders. This database is
>>> not connected in any way to the POS database.
>>>
>>> What I would like to do is to synchronize the items table between POS
>>> and backoffice. I just would like to get all new or updated items from
>>> the POS maybe once a week, or whenever i know i made changes to the POS
>>> items table.
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way to get this done? I don't want to just restore an
>>> entire backup as I would loose my online order payment processing.
>>>
>>> Both systems are on RMS 2.0 latest support pack.

0
joie (60)
12/22/2008 2:14:45 PM
Thanks Joie, I'll check it out.

>I am using SQL server 2005 standard edition
> On my machine the bcp tool is located at
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn
>

> "Gerd" <Gerd@BAVARIAN-CONS.COM> wrote in message
>> Thanks for your reply, Joie.
>>
>> I have the SO adminitrator installed on the backoffice system. The main
>> reason I don't want to connect to the POS database is that all my online
>> orders are processed in Quickbooks. Only the credit card processing is
>> done in the backoffice POS.
>>
>> Every day I extract all the sales and tender details from the POS and
>> load those into Quickbooks as well. Connecting the backoffice to the POS
>> would give me wrong tender totals, as for the online orders i would not
>> have the sales to go with it.
>>
>> Is the bcp utility also part of store operations or only part of a full
>> SQL server installation? I only have store operations but not a full SQL
>> server installed on the backoffice pc.
>>
>> "Joie" <Joie.hadi.nata.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Mmm,
>>>
>>> Is there a reason why you dont install the Store Operations
>>> administrator/ manager at back office so that you can connect to the
>>> online POS database ?
>>>
>>> I am not sure whether there is an easy way to synchronize 2 tables in
>>> database
>>> The hardway would be:
>>> 1. export the item table content . i think use a bcp command line
>>> utility that comes with SQL server installation
>>> 2. Import back usig the same bcp utility at the target machine
>>>
>>> But this would be one way synchronization
>>>
>>> rgds,
>>> Joie
>>>
>>> "Gerd" <Gerd@BAVARIAN-CONS.COM> wrote in message

0
Gerd9246 (12)

Is it really important put Exch 2003 db on Raid1 ?
Hard drives are more affordable, but still cost some. In the past I have seen recommendations to setup Exch db on Raid5 partitions. Now the latest doc from MS http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/optimizestorage.mspx States that I should put the Exch db on Raid1. Do you know if I should notice real performance gains by doing that ? Not RAID 1,rather Raid 1+0 . On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:17:37 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hard drives are more affordable, but still cost some. > >In the past I have seen re...

Synchronize combo boxes
I am trying to sync to combo boxes on a form. It is for plant names which consist of Genus + Species + Subspecies, basically. I have all my data in a single table and I want only applicable species to show up for a particular Genus, for example: Abies concolor Abies glauca Abies alba Quercus alba Quercus macrocarpa Any genus can have many species, some of those species names can exist within multiple Genus names, I have made to seperate tables with just Genus and just Species names, I want them to link in the combo boxes, any ideas? Previously responded to... Regards ...

Importing Item List for the first time
We are currently change over from Quickbooks Accounting 2002 Pro to MS Retail Management System and need to know the easist way to import item list into MS POS. -- Dan Hausbeck Dan, Easiest is to upgrade to QB 2003 or higher. Then follow these instructions; https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836444 Otherwise, does 2002 give you the ability to export a report to Excel? If so, create a report of your inventory items, export to an Excel file and then use the unsupported RMS Import Utility, again in CustomerSource. I think you are going to _have_ to upda...

Preventing outlook from wiping deleted items.
My Outlook has been wiping my deleted items folder of emails that show having been read. How do I get it to go back to the default setting where I choose when to wipe the delted items folder? 27RedMike wrote: > My Outlook has been wiping my deleted items folder of emails that show having > been read. How do I get it to go back to the default setting where I choose > when to wipe the delted items folder? Do you have the option enabled to empty the Deleted Items folder upon exit from Outlook? Are you using auto-archiving (to [permanently] delete old items)? Are ...

Item.content field in RMS Items table
I was taking a look at the structure of the item table in RMS 1.3, Headquarters. At the end of the record is a field called "Content". It is an ntext field. I don't see anyplace on the Item Properties form where this field is referenced. Is this an obsolete field, and if so, would it be safe for me to utilize this field for some of my custom information? -- Bill Yater The Worth Collection byater@worthltd.com Bill, There are a few fields in the Item table that either have never been implemented or are no longer in use. It should be safe to use contents. We have used th...

Excel, DB data and RTF
Good morning to you all I have a sql server table in which there's an attribute containing an rtf string; something like {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\froman\fprq2\fcharset0 Times New Roman;}{\f1\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\ul\b\i\f0\fs32 pippo\ulnone\b0\i0\f1\fs18 \par } Well, using a query to an external source I get the string, but... exactly as you read it here above. I do need to transform it in something readeable. I'd love a function like: "=GetRTF(A1)" ;) but I'm not able to find it and at the same time I cannot f...

How do I unpin an item from the list?
In addition to Word 2007 refusing to save documents unless I change the name I now have an old version pinned to the list and it refuses to unpin. Why is this happening, and how can I correct it? I am using Win7 Professional. "Viv" <Viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F370AAFF-607C-4816-AA0E-A53A944CB026@microsoft.com... > In addition to Word 2007 refusing to save documents unless I change the > name > I now have an old version pinned to the list and it refuses to unpin. Why > is > this happening, and how can I correct it? &g...

Synchronizing Custom Tables
1) If I created a new customer profile in Store A, I want it to be available in Store B and other stores. Is this possible? How? 2) I want to create a new table to be linked to Customer table. How can I syncronize it to the HQ and other Stores? ...

discontinue thousands of items
I was thinking running script in SQL or use IM to update the items. but what's the best way to go about this? thanks! I would use a script to swtich the Type to Discontinued. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com If you have a choice between using a GP module and using a script, use the GP module. I have seen posts from people who update the database using SQL statements and break something. Not pretty... "Rheiner" <Rheiner@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Store Operation 2.0 In Item Property showing On Order 6 or so.Need
I my Store Operation 2.0 database in am showing some #s in on order. I alreddy all PO closed and I don't have any any back order and its still showing On Order Quantity (Different #s for different items) How do I make this On Order Quantity Zero "0" I am looking for SQL query Update Items Set OnOrder = 0 some thing like that but I dont know the Database field name for Onorder Please help me. ...

Outlook Calendar to Lotus Notes Calendar Synchronization
Hello I have both Outlook 2003 and Lotus Notes on a desktop. Outlook is my preferred mail/calendar program, however I have a critical database that runs on Notes only. The database also puts entires into the Notes Calendar. What is the easiest way to synchronise the Outlook and Notes Calender? Thanks. Ask in a Lotus Notes news group? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and ...

Printing

Small Business Invoice Items
Money started doing a strange thing yesterday. I add my items and comments/description to a single line. I may add another like item with a differnet description. Before yesterday it always left them seperate and on seperate lines. Now it combines all like items and uses the default desrciption. Anyone know how to get it back to leaving them as individual items? ...

Can I enter items in MSN Money and have it update Money?
I would like to be able to manage my checking account on MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? Thanks Kelly Which version of Money? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09dc01c4aaf1$ee8880a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to manage my checking account on > MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it > sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? > > Thanks > Kelly ...

Deleted Items are not deleted from mail server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8C31A.6669E0C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2007 XP Pro SP2 ISP: Comcast =20 Problem: Deleted Items are not deleted from mail server =20 I have checked Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' =20 When I use Empty Deleted Items Folder, nothing is deleted from the Comast server. =20 Does this feature work with Comcast mail servers? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8C31A.6669E0C0 Content-Type: text/html; ...

HQ creating duplicate POs after 340
Sometimes - not every time, and not on command - I end up with duplicate POs in my Store Operations database after issuing a single WS340 from HQ. When I look at the worksheet history in HQ, is shows that it was processed successfully * twice * at the exact same time. UPDATE - problem solved. Somehow one of the 'manual connection only' office PCs got the 'manual connection only' unchecked. I'm going to post this anyways - just in case someone has a similar problem in the future. Tom ...

Synchronizing offline folders is sometimes very slow
My company recently moved to Exchange 5.5 (all latest patches) and Outlook for all clients (98, 2000, 2002, 2003). We will be moving to Exchange 2003 within the next year but are stuck with 5.5 for the time being. We have about a dozen laptop users for whom we have set up offline folders, which generally are working fine. However, I have one client in particular (Outlook 2002 sp2, Windows 2000 sp4) who is having synchronization problems. It sync's fine sometimes but other times it will start syncing and take an hour or more(and transfer 50MB) when it appears nothing significan...

Splitting sales on Single item ?
Can single items be done as a split sale? Multiple items can ea be assigned to individual reps, but can 1 item be assigned to 2 Sales reps? This is retail, so this happens a lot. Thanks "luke" wrote: > Can single items be done as a split sale? > Multiple items can ea be assigned to individual reps, but can 1 item be > assigned to 2 Sales reps? > > This is retail, so this happens a lot. There are 14 sales reps so creating split sales number combinations would be my last choice. > Thanks Luke, Can you do two 0.5 quantity items, then assign each sale rep ...

Set up second POS. Urgent!!!
Our company has one set of hardware to run MS RMS for two months so far. It works well. We want to add second POS now. After I installed RMS to another PC and connected to the same database, I tried to start this POS. There is an error as following: " A software license violation has been detected. Register 1 is already active" I think the license we bought is good for two locations. Really appreciate your help. If you have already purchased a license for a second register, then you should be able set up the 2nd register by: 1. Go into store manager on the working regi...

Pickuplist type values from db
Hi, I created a custom field of type Pickuplist using Schema Manager, publish it and add it in an Account record type form. Question: How can I make its values loaded from another table (custom table in SQL Server database) instead of using the Values tab in the Form customization manually? Is it possible to load the values for this custom field dynamically? Please help. the sdk exposes classes to modify customizations...it may be possible to load values into picklists from a datasource using these classes...take a dig through the sdk -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www....

Display account description in Requisition item entry
Display the account description for the selected account in the Item Entry screen in Business Portal Requistion Management. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=...

Mailbox move reporting less "items" after move completed
Moving users from source Ex2k to target Ex2k3 server both patched to latest SP's and public hotfixes. When I move users from source to target, the reported "Total Items" (as viewed by ESM and viewing the "Mailboxes" for the Store) is different on the target. For some users the "Total Items" is the same, others the difference is a few items, and still others it's in the 100's. How can I find out what was not moved? If you selected Skip corrupted items in Migration Wizard and entered the number of items to skip, than maybe that number is the max d...

New Inventory Item
Well, I've searched about 20 posts and have not found exactly what I am looking for but am relatively convinced that the following is not possible: GP 10 – I want to create a Business Alert that notifies us when a new Item is created in the item master. Ideally, I want to see the following: “IV00101.CREATDDT > TODAY – 1”. In other words, show me all the items created yesterday. My problem is I can’t seem to find a table that contains “Today”. I think my solution is to write a SQL Trigger, but that is well beyond my expertise. I appreciate any suggestions. ...

Shared fax not notifying when items are sent
Microsoft shared fax is a service. I'm not too up on this stuff, but that's what is it called when looking it up on the internet. We enter [fax:nnnn] into the TO field and the fax sends via a shared modem on my server. Until a few days ago we were getting notifications telling us whether the fax was successful or not. I looked up an article on "how to set up Microsoft Shared fax service" and there is a section on "notifications". I reviewed everything in that section but everything was already set up as was suggested. As I said, it was working fine up u...

A single Page print for key items
I have a 2900 line spreadsheet from top to bottom with information about rooms and organized by it's room number: example: col a: b : c : d: 101: Main Lobby: Lobby is 590 Sq ft 102: Janitors Closet: 15 sq ft 103: Elevator room: 15 sq ft 103: Elevatior room 2: 24 sq ft I want to be able to have one source page where I can type the room number in and then allow it to show and then print the room number. No data filters that's ok but not what I'm looking for. Some rooms have like 20-25 lines of information while some only has 3-4. Macro is ok but how? -- Je...