Symbols/Icons Reference for SO-POS

Anyone know where I could find a listing of all the different symbols/icons
that can be displayed in Store Operations-POS and what each of them mean?

I've seen a few now.. and have no idea what they mean. There isn't a listing
of them in the booklet.

At the moment we have one that is composed of horizontal lines, 2 blue lines
and1 red line. It doesn't go away when we restart POS either, but it will if
we restart the whole computer.

Anyway, a reference would be nice... Thanks.

0
craiga1 (15)
10/28/2005 9:18:51 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

That description doesn't ring a bell but try running POS, F1 Help, Contents,
POS program, Moving around POS program, The Main POS screen, and scroll down.
Is this what you are looking for?
We make every cashier read the POS program help section in maximum screen
size during training. You can also print this topic out for reference.

"craiga" wrote:

> Anyone know where I could find a listing of all the different symbols/icons
> that can be displayed in Store Operations-POS and what each of them mean?
>
> I've seen a few now.. and have no idea what they mean. There isn't a listing
> of them in the booklet.
>
> At the moment we have one that is composed of horizontal lines, 2 blue lines
> and1 red line. It doesn't go away when we restart POS either, but it will if
> we restart the whole computer.
>
> Anyway, a reference would be nice... Thanks.

0
mark564 (750)
10/29/2005 4:20:01 AM
Craiga,

That sounds like a video card issue if it goes away after a restart.

If you want, do a screen capture (Alt+PrtScrn | go into Paint | Edit | Paste

--
=

"craiga" <craiga@mcrtechnoligies.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know where I could find a listing of all the different
> symbols/icons that can be displayed in Store Operations-POS and what each
> of them mean?
>
> I've seen a few now.. and have no idea what they mean. There isn't a
> listing of them in the booklet.
>
> At the moment we have one that is composed of horizontal lines, 2 blue
> lines and1 red line. It doesn't go away when we restart POS either, but it
> will if we restart the whole computer.
>
> Anyway, a reference would be nice... Thanks.

0
spam3944 (2163)
10/29/2005 5:55:25 AM
Yes, that's what I was looking for. Thank-you very much!

(Although, I don't see the icon that was described to me. I think maybe they
were in macro-record mode.)

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> That description doesn't ring a bell but try running POS, F1 Help,
> Contents,
> POS program, Moving around POS program, The Main POS screen, and scroll
> down.
> Is this what you are looking for?
> We make every cashier read the POS program help section in maximum screen
> size during training. You can also print this topic out for reference.
>
> "craiga" wrote:
>
>> Anyone know where I could find a listing of all the different
>> symbols/icons
>> that can be displayed in Store Operations-POS and what each of them mean?
>>
>> I've seen a few now.. and have no idea what they mean. There isn't a
>> listing
>> of them in the booklet.
>>
>> At the moment we have one that is composed of horizontal lines, 2 blue
>> lines
>> and1 red line. It doesn't go away when we restart POS either, but it will
>> if
>> we restart the whole computer.
>>
>> Anyway, a reference would be nice... Thanks.

0
craiga1 (15)

Outlook 2000 Attachment Icons Within a Message?
If anyone could please offer advice on the following situation, I would appreciate it. I have just upgraded from Windows 98 to XP Pro (clean install) and reinstalled Office 2000. All updates for XP and Office 2k have been downloaded and applied. One problem/annoyance I am encountering has to do with "icon generation" (for lack of a better term). If I receive a email message in Outlook 2000 that has an attached jpeg image file, instead of just showing a generic attachment icon, it tries to generate an icon which is a mini thumbnail of the actual picture file. Unfortunately, I am ...

Cell References..
I have a 12 month rolling report with a seperate worksheet within th workbook which refers to the column containing current month's Numbers When I "Cut" Column C (which contains the oldest Month) and "insert column C between N & O it shifts my cells left and all I need to do i input all of the current Month Data into Column N. The formulas al remain intact and everything is peachy. Until I goto the Workshee that refers to the Current Month on the 12 month rolling report. My problem is that when I shift the columns on the "Report" workshee it chages the cell...

Search for cross-references
In Word 2003 (Windows XP) is there a way search for cross-references? On Nov 18, 1:01=A0pm, Paul <paul.domas...@gmail.com> wrote: > In Word 2003 (Windows XP) is there a way search for cross-references? Oops. Wrong group. Sorry! ...

email icon
I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this mean? -- xgdude It indicates that you replied to that message. A green arrow pointing right indicates that you forwarded the message. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "xgdude" wrote in message news:04BCD8E8-B64A-4385-B601-55095BC34F42@microsoft.com... I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this...

POS cannot connect to server
I have installed Retail Management System on a new Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 Server. It is version 1.3. I have a restored database which is running fine on the old server which is actually a workstation. The RMS is working well on the new SBS Server. I have tried to install POS on my laptop to prepare for connecting an existing register to the new server and new installation of RMS. When I open POS or POS manager on the laptop I get a window to "Change Database Connection". It asks to "Enter the name of the database computer and MSDE/SQL Server instance." I...

Report runs, but table it references doesn't exist?
I've been updating an Access application to reference the main data table via ODBC and a MySQL. All the basic stuff works, but one of the reports has me scratching my head. In the existing application, there is a report that runs that references a table that doesn't exist! How is this possible? There were a couple of other reports that referenced queries that didn't exist, but I was able to recreate the queries, but this mirage table has me scratching my head. Any ideas? Many thanks, ~Steve Lots of ways. The table did exist but was deleted. Almost nothing ...

Drag woorkbooks to Excel Icon
In Win XP I could drag a workbook "xls" icon from a file folder to an Excel 2003 desktop icon and it would open. (Easier than using "Send To") Now I have Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP-1 with Office H&S 2007 installed and working fine but I cannot drag as above. For security I always make Excel Viewer the default when workbooks are clicked on. Yes, I know about Vista's "Open With" context menu which gives a choice of Excel or Excel Viewer but I find the drag easier. Is there a way to get this functionality or do I just have to live with the loss ? ...

Outlook 2007 mail Icons and their meaning
How do you get a list of the mail Icons and their meaning http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm -- Russ Valentine "GrahamAIC" <GrahamAIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF1E0267-767A-498D-B167-D2CACD6CEC94@microsoft.com... > How do you get a list of the mail Icons and their meaning ...

User cannot see Check Name icon on new message form
Users cannot see Check Name icon on the create a new message form. OWA running on Exchange 5.5. Does anyone know how to activate this. ...

Reply icon not appearing
On some messages that I reply to. The reply icon does not appear. ...

Can I change the toolbar icon dynamically ?
Hi, I need to change icon of my toolbar dynamically. I mean as per the state of the application, i need to change the icon. Like, I have a button on toolbar for checking mails. And I also have autocheck functionality. Now, when application is checking the mails, i need to show stop icon over there (on the same place). And after finishing checking, i need to show the normal check icon at that position. Can anybody let me know how can I achieve this using MFC ?? Regards, Jigar Mehta Jigar Mehta wrote: > Hi, > > I need to change icon of my toolbar dynamically. I mean as per the >...

Office documents printing black diamond symbol
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Current Office for Mac 2008 version - 12.2.1 When I print to an HP LaserJet P2055DN network printer, I get an extra page printed with a small balck diamond symbol in the upper left-hand corner. I have contacted HP but they are blaming Microsoft Office for this....has anyone else found this problem when printing??? Garren_98 Hi Garren; I haven't seen any such issue posted here. The real question is "What happens if you print to a different printer?" If you get the same result then perhaps there could be a...

How to change the icons on excel folders?
I AM TRYING TO USE DIFFERENT ICONS TO SEPERATE LIKE FOLDERS BUT CANNOT FIGURE HOW TO DO THIS Same as you would change for any folder. Right-click on the folder and Properties>Customize>Folder Pictures>Choose Picture. Browse to and select a picture and Apply. Note: folder picture only seen in Thumbnails View. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 06:35:01 -0800, Martin <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I AM TRYING TO USE DIFFERENT ICONS TO SEPERATE LIKE FOLDERS BUT CANNOT FIGURE >HOW TO DO THIS ...

CTabCtrl toggle icons
As the title reads. I have a tab control where each tab shows an icon (+text). I would like to be able to toggle the icons at will (so that all are shown or hidden). Any thoughts? On May 9, 3:46=A0pm, Alexander <the44s...@yahoo.com> wrote: > As the title reads. I have a tab control where each tab shows an icon > (+text). I would like to be able to toggle the icons at will (so that > all are shown or hidden). Any thoughts? Well, the answer was to be found in the documentation for CTreeCtrl. In case anyone has a similar problem, a call to SetImageList with NULL removes all icon...

How do I fix a circular reference in a financial statement?
I have created a financial statement in an 2003 excell spreadsheet that has a section where I am listing the last five years of info. I have a form cell where each statement is referenced by a different form number (i.e. form 1=year one, form 2=year two, etc.). My problem is that I have a number of circular references that occur whenever I update the form from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, etc. This occurs because in my last five years info section I have five columns corresponding with whatever form number is put in, and if the form number matches the column then it floods in the financial info,...

Create static text from cell reference

HELP!! After Upgrading to POS 2.0 (NOT RMS), Reboot Takes 10-15 Minutes
After upgrading to POS 2.0 (NOT RMS) over the Thanksgiving holiday hoping to take advantage of the reputedly improved reporting and feature set, we now experience a 10-15 minute boot duration waiting for Point of Sale to fully start. Now, if the system crashes or loses database connectivity (over the wired LAN) during business hours, which it's prone to do at least once daily since upgrading, a reboot is required to get the cashier station to reconnect to the office db. The POS Manager (also POS 2.0) is installed on a backoffice PC running dual processors and 4GB RAM. The cashier...

Reference
Hi : I have a sheet with a table. (Sheet1) I have another sheet where I use data of this table (Sheet2) I want to put in a cell of sheet2 the row's number. Ej: A3: 12 and do a reference to the table on sheet1 with this number Ej: !Sheet1(J(A3)) that will show this : !Sheet1(J12). I can't do this.... Please help me, Thanks Gabriel How about: =INDIRECT("sheet1!j"&A3) gabriel wrote: > > Hi : > I have a sheet with a table. (Sheet1) > I have another sheet where I use data of this table (Sheet2) > I want to put in a cell of sheet2 the row's number. E...

Distribution Reference as Required Field
Hello: Has anyone ever used Modifier with VBA to make the Distribution Reference field in the GL Transaction Entry window required? I have tried doing this by making the properties of that field as required in VBA just like any other required field in Great Plains. But, when I hit save (without filling in the Distribution Reference field in the window), the journal entry saves. Shouldn't it bring up a window saying "Not all required fields have been entered?" and not allow me to save? childofthe1980s I believe you will need to use VBA to accomplish this. "childot...

DOM Reference XML Visual C++6 / MFC
Hello, I search a good and easy example for XML. Where can I find this. I will only for step 1 read and write this XML file. <PARAMS> <TEXT>TestProjekt</TEXT> <COLOR> <RED>234</RED> <GREEN>111</GREEN> <BLUE>33</BLUE> </COLOR> <FONT> <FONT_FILENAME>Arial.ttf</FONT_FILENAME> <SIZE>12</SIZE> </FONT> </PARAMS> #define ISchemaIdentityConstraint_get_name(This,name) \ (This)->lpVtbl -> get_name(This,name) #if defined(__cplusplus) && !defined(CINTERFACE) MIDL_INTERFAC...

POS Sync After Every Z Report
Hi All~ I'm wondering if it's the expected behavior to have a POS on another station sync every time a Z report is ran? Should the database sync every time? I thought only when the POS was in offline status. I don't believe the POS is offline everyday, but everyday when we take a Z report, the database syncs with the POS with the database. Is this expected? Hi Jerry, It syncs every z because there may be changes to the items, taxes and other databases. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0411161303.32f35868@posting.googl...

Formulas within Cell References #2
I tried to do that but it will not work in the actual cell reference I'm stumped. humejap Wrote: > Have you tried the formula > > =Concatenate("$J$",H1) > > > -- > humejap > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > humejap's Profile > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5506 > View this thread > http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39509 -- jhockstr I missed the original question, but whilst =Concatenate("$J$",H1) will join to give $J$ joined to t...

Notification Area System Icons Have Disappeared
When I go to the Notification Area properties, only the "Clock" option is checked. The "Volume", "Network", and "Power" options are un-checked AND grayed-out so I can't check them. How do I get these system icons back? (I'm running Vista Home Premium-SP2, and the only recent changes have been "Windows Updates" - critical updates only.) Bob C. Hello Bob, Sometimes just restarting the computer will have them return. If not, then the downloads in METHOD THREE of the tutorial below may be able to fix this for you. ...

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Cross worksheet references cannot be easily changed
I have a 21 worksheet, workbook. The first sheet is 'info' and contains common information used in the other 20 sheets. If I try to change a reference (for instance: change an '=info!$A$1' to let's say '=info!$A$5') what winds up in the cell is the literal '=info!$A$5', not the new common value. The way I am doing it is to create a new row, make it '=info!$A$5' (the new common value is now in the created row) and move it to replace the original cell. Am I doing something wrong? ...