Store Operations Manager prints labels to Windows default printer

I have a client who prints little barcode labels on a daily basis from
the Store Operations Manager app. Once you click through all the
prompts, you are presented with a list of printers. What happens is,
regardless of which printer you choose from this window, the labels
goes to the Windows default printer. So as long as the label printer
is selected as the default, it will work. But this doesn't make sense
that it would work this way. If it always prints to the default
printer, why does it even prompt with the list of printers to choose
from? And it would be a hassle to always have to change the default
printer to the label printer, then remember to change it back, because
nobody would want to have the label printer as their default.

I called Microsoft Dynamics support and opened a case and was told
that's just how it works. I told him that this was unacceptable and
asked that he research it further, which he agreed to. However, I
haven't heard back from him in 3 days.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

0
clarv02 (2)
6/7/2007 3:31:15 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"clarv02" wrote:

> I have a client who prints little barcode labels on a daily basis from
> the Store Operations Manager app. Once you click through all the
> prompts, you are presented with a list of printers. What happens is,
> regardless of which printer you choose from this window, the labels
> goes to the Windows default printer. So as long as the label printer
> is selected as the default, it will work. But this doesn't make sense
> that it would work this way. If it always prints to the default
> printer, why does it even prompt with the list of printers to choose
> from? And it would be a hassle to always have to change the default
> printer to the label printer, then remember to change it back, because
> nobody would want to have the label printer as their default.
>
> I called Microsoft Dynamics support and opened a case and was told
> that's just how it works. I told him that this was unacceptable and
> asked that he research it further, which he agreed to. However, I
> haven't heard back from him in 3 days.
>
> Anyone have suggestions?
>
> Thanks

0
CNSDRAKE (4)

Window Redirection?

printing 2 charts on single page

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Getting the BCC field by default.

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

printing imported gif files in Excel

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

what printers can run Vista
just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP 5550 deskjet) won't print. I need to find a new printer that i can hook up to the computer. This is an Access newsgroup. We help with questions related to Microsoft Access - the database application that is part of MS Office Professional. -- Rick B "monroe" <monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC746826-251A-4097-AF88-2805BCDE7DEC@microsoft.com... > just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP > 5550 > deskjet) won't print. I need to...

convert to stored proc
Hello. I have been given a conversion assignment to convert Access db (frontend) with sql server 2005 backend to be included in a new webapp that is being constructed. Unfortunately, my stored proc creating is a bit weak and I'm not afraid to admit it. With that said, I came across an Access query that is puzzling me. Here it is; SELECT Purchase Orders *, POSO Relationships.SONumber AS RelatedSONumber, IIf([POSOType], [POSOType], 'Standard') AS POSOTypeFull, POSORelationships.MTXRMA, POSORelationships.SupplierRMA, POSORelationships.POSOType FROM PurchaseOrders ...

TSP100 printer and print width
Hi all, After pull my hair out for a half of day, I just find out that TSP100 printer driver reports its print width incorrectly when we use GetDeviceCaps to retrieve print width. Call GetDeviceCaps with PHYSICALWIDTH will report 1725 that is roughtly equal to 8.5 inches corresponding to 203ppi that LOGPIXELSX reported. Just let you all know This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C92EF4.F767C240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable After you installed the printer, did you change the p...

Printing in reverse order
When I try to print from excel and want the apges to print in reverse order (i.e first page of document printed last) even if I select this feature from the print setup exel still prints the first page first!! Is there a fix available?? I use Office XP (2002) and HP printers Thank you Printing options available in Excel are limited by the available connected printer(s). Any issues with printing are generally associated to the printer and drivers installed, not with Excel itself. Verify your printer actually supports reverse printing and that you have the latest drivers installed for ...

Printing contacts finally partially repaired
Two printing problems with Outlook 2007, the first solved, the second still not solved. First: So, finally, I don't know when, Outlook was repaired such that one could print out individual contacts as detailed address cards. This was broken for quite some time. Anyway, now those of us who choose to print out copies of address books are once again rewarded with this possibility. BUT..there is always a but, Outlook does not yet completely properly format the printing for all of the book and booklet possibilities which the software presents, especially for doing double...

SOP Sales Transaction Entry Window
Dear Folks, I have noticed that i couldn't choose/select a salesman Id from Sales Transaction Entry Window (Transactions-> Sales -> Sales Transaction Entry). In my case for every Invoice i have to select a Diffierent Sales man ID. Could any one help me how can i enable this. BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN Transaction Entry Window which we use without inventory module (Transactions-> Sales -> Transaction Entry Window) Awaiting for your favourable feedback. You can find that field by clicking on the customer number expansion button to the right of the customer number field. Thi...

Active Directory , Windows 2003 SBS to Windows 2008 SBS
Hello! I've got a little issue here. I work for a company and we are getting a new Intelserver. Now the problem is we've got an 32bit windows 2003 small business server with an Active Directory (and sql). And we are getting a Windows 2008 Small business server 64bit. Is there any possible way to ''Transfer'' ''Move'' or ''Copy'' the Active Directory to his new server without changing, removing or adding any data. I really need to be sure that nothing goes wrong cause 25 people are working on it everyday (Ofcourse i have a...

Outlook 98 Crashes in Windows NT
I have a few Windows NT machines that Outlook 98 crashes on with a Dr. Watson error - almost always when the user is typing an e-mail. I have tried re-installing, creating a new outlook profile, and replacing various files related to Outlook 98, but nothing seems to work. It is very important to note that I have many other users who have Windows NT and Outlook 98 on our network that do not have a problem at all. Can anyone decipher the Dr. Watson error message below? Thanks in advance. Microsoft (R) Windows NT (TM) Version 4.00 DrWtsn32 Copyright (C) 1985-1996 Microsoft Corp. All rights r...

Automatically open Detail Entry Window
In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this with Modifier or VBA? Extender would come in very handy. You don't need to write a single code. Record a macro using GP macro and embed it on the SOP Entry window using Extender. "Elaine" wrote: > In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to > open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How > would I go about doi...

How do I print to non A4 paper on an HP 450C Plotter from Publish.
Running Publisher 2003 (fully patched) on a Windows 2000 SP4 (fully patched) laptop, when I print to a HP 450C Plotter (connected to a SBS 2003 server) I can only print the top left A4 "Window" of the job. Prior to upgrading to Office 2003 (running office 2000) there was no probloems in plotting up to a full A0 job. Does anyone have any idea of what is going on and more importantly is there a fix or work-around? Have you asked HP? They have many, many support documents as well as drivers. This would be a printer problem rather than a Publisher issue. I'd look for you but ...

Windows 7/IE8 Javascript will not run.
I am having major issues with IE8 recently. I get no error messages, things just don't work. For example, I can't download files from sites, windows update will not download files either. I viewed the html source on a particular page that wasn't working and there was some text in the html that said Javascript was not supported in my browser (but the text didn't show on the screen). FWIW, I have now installed both chrome and firefox and they don't have any problems with javascript or download files, etc. This problem started after I switched from McAfee to...