Store Operations crashes when viewing journal (F4) on register 2.

We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database is
located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the
journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message just
before closing:

Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
Rouge (1)
12/30/2004 4:01:06 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just
something like the print to fax or MS Office Document Writer.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Ruban Rouge" <Ruban Rouge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database
> is
> located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the
> journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message
> just
> before closing:
>
> Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
> Automation error
> The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

glenn1806 (721)
12/30/2004 4:18:10 PM
There is  a default printer already installed on Register 2. It is a
Cognitive Blaster 2 label printer. Any other suggestions?

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just
> something like the print to fax or MS Office Document Writer.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Ruban Rouge" <Ruban Rouge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database
> > is
> > located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the
> > journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message
> > just
> > before closing:
> >
> > Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
> > Automation error
> > The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

Ruban,

It cannot be a label printer.  Install some kind of a Windo$e printer,
Generic/Text only will work, or something like a free CutePDF writer from
www.cutepdf.com

--
*

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just
> something like the print to fax or MS Office Document Writer.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Ruban Rouge" <Ruban Rouge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database
> > is
> > located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view
> > the
> > journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message
> > just
> > before closing:
> >
> > Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
> > Automation error
> > The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

spam3944 (2163)
12/30/2004 6:22:37 PM
Jeff,

Thanks very much.
I installed a printer on our network and made it the default printer for
register 2. I was able to view the journal after that without crashing. How
did you know how to fix our problem?
Thanks again for everyones help.

"Jeff" wrote:

> Ruban,
>
> It cannot be a label printer.  Install some kind of a Windo$e printer,
> Generic/Text only will work, or something like a free CutePDF writer from
> www.cutepdf.com
>
> --
> *
> "Ruban Rouge" <RubanRouge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There is  a default printer already installed on Register 2. It is a
> Cognitive Blaster 2 label printer. Any other suggestions?
>
> "Glenn Adams" wrote:
>
> > Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just
> > something like the print to fax or MS Office Document Writer.
> >
> > --
> > Glenn Adams
> > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >

> > "Ruban Rouge" <Ruban Rouge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database
> > > is
> > > located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view
> > > the
> > > journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message
> > > just
> > > before closing:
> > >
> > > Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
> > > Automation error
> > > The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

parsing a date and time field #2

Public information store
Exchange 2K-Under the Properties for a new public folder I have created, the Directory Rights tab is grayed out. Any input would be appreciated -- Joe M On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:01:03 -0700, "Joe M" <JoeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2K-Under the Properties for a new public folder I have created, the >Directory Rights tab is grayed out. > >Any input would be appreciated Its grayed out until you mail-enable it. ...

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Information Store Corrupted
Guys,, I think I'm in very deep trouble. I have two Exchange 5.5, one for outgoing mail and one for incoming, the incoming mail sever is a W2K and is the Domain Controller. My DNS server is a separated dedicated server. I had a big power failure last thursday night. The three server sudently shut off and restart again after the AC came back. On friday morning I realized we didn't have email service, I checked the outgoing server and it was OK, but on the incoming server the Information Store Service was not starting, I went to the web and found this article about how to reco...

Macro

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Excel pivot table #2

Checkbook Register
Why would negative amounts be showing up in the checkbook register for checks that are voided? We had a situation where a check written in April was voided yesterday 8/17/06. The check is now showing up twice on the checkbook register - one as a positive and the other as a negative. Two other checks were voided yesterday and they show up as one item in the register with an asterick (*) by them. The only KBs I can find say that if Bank Rec wasn't installed prior to voiding (which it was because the others work fine) and that if the Check was reconciled prior to voiding (which it ...

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Field mapping for Appointments in filtered views
I’ve been looking at this for ages but cannot find the field for Contact for an Appointment in the filtered views. Regarding is dbo_FilteredAppointment.regardingobjectidname and is also in dbo_FilteredActivityPointer.regardingobjectidname with a foreign key of dbo_FilteredAppointment.activityid Optional seems to come from dbo_FilteredActivityParty.partyidname with a foreign key of dbo_FilteredAppointment.activityid Does any one know where the Contact for the Appointment get stored? Also a link to a ER diagram for 3.0 or a mapping resource would help me from unnecessary trawling throu...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

unique with 2 columns

host unreachable #2
hi, if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi queue im using E5,5 sp4 thks Is that for all domains, even for Yahoo and Hotmail? Rick wrote: > hi, > > if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i > don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong > until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi > queue > > im using E5,5 sp4 > > thks ...

Excel number formatting #2

Closing Excel #2
I have inherited an App desigend by an ex employee Sometimes the program leaves Excel in the task manager The programe uses various routines and calling various functions that define Excel sheets etc (badly named) I'm finding it hard to follow (my 1st experince of .NET) is there a way to KILL any Excel instence when exiting the program. I have come across some posts about GC (garbage collection) like this System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWsheet) oXLWsheet = Nothing 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWs) oXLWs = Nothing oBook.Clos...

hidden transactions #2
I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I tried to find out why, I got some greyed out transaction when I went from bill schedule through right click to payee. This transaction cannot be changed or deleted, but in total all such transactions made up the difference in balance. Any suggestions? Oscar -- Elvart In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote: >I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off >on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I ...

Stats/PivotTables #2
I have to produce stats from data exported as a CSV file from a piece of custom made software we use here. The data displayed in Excel looks like this: 01/04/2003 05:31 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 01/04/2003 08:56 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 01/04/2003 11:16 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 11:42 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 05:31 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 08:56 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 03/04/2003 11:16 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 03/04/2003 11:42 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY I have to produce a spreadsheet saying how many examinations were done by a particular doctor over a certain timespan. Each date li...

How did I break the cell display limit? #2
If there is anyone out there who can help with this, I would be most most grateful. Here's the facts: - I'm working in a MS Excel worksheet. - I am aware of Excel's 255-character-per-cell display limit. (As understand it, each cell can hold up to 32,000 characters, but wil only display/print 255 characters.) This is a major pain in th petunski, as most of my cells contain more than 255 characters Therefore, most of my spreadsheet shows cells that look like this ###############. I have to look in the formula bar to see the actua contents of each cell. - In cell C35, I have 1,05...

OWA Setup Questions #2
Hi All, I am attempting to install the newly released owaadmin tool. My IIS server currently hosts 3 websites all of which are published to their own urls via host headers all of the sites are using ssl. When Installing the owaadmin tool, it creates a new "Default Web Site" as the orginal "Default Web Site" has been renamed. The new "Default Web Site" contains only the files and path names pointing to "%systemroot%\Program Files\Outlook Web Access Administration" what I am doing is removing this new "Default Web Site" site using the I...

Extra word prints that does not show when viewing the document
When I print my document or view it, this extra word is not there. When the document prints, this hidden word is in the printed document. How do I find this hidden word and delete it? If it prints, you know where it is. Have you turned on your nonprinting characters, etc? Have you tried copying and pasting it into a new blank document? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "S Roberts" <S Roberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C437AFE5-8C0F-4859-8994-AA78D18CA573@mi...