Store Operations crashes when viewing journal (F4) on register 2.

We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database is
located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the
journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message just
before closing:

Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
Rouge (1)
12/30/2004 4:01:06 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just
something like the print to fax or MS Office Document Writer.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Ruban Rouge" <Ruban Rouge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database
> is
> located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the
> journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message
> just
> before closing:
>
> Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
> Automation error
> The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

glenn1806 (721)
12/30/2004 4:18:10 PM
There is  a default printer already installed on Register 2. It is a
Cognitive Blaster 2 label printer. Any other suggestions?

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just
> something like the print to fax or MS Office Document Writer.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Ruban Rouge" <Ruban Rouge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database
> > is
> > located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the
> > journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message
> > just
> > before closing:
> >
> > Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
> > Automation error
> > The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

Ruban,

It cannot be a label printer.  Install some kind of a Windo$e printer,
Generic/Text only will work, or something like a free CutePDF writer from
www.cutepdf.com

--
*

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just
> something like the print to fax or MS Office Document Writer.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Ruban Rouge" <Ruban Rouge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database
> > is
> > located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view
> > the
> > journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message
> > just
> > before closing:
> >
> > Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
> > Automation error
> > The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

spam3944 (2163)
12/30/2004 6:22:37 PM
Jeff,

Thanks very much.
I installed a printer on our network and made it the default printer for
register 2. I was able to view the journal after that without crashing. How
did you know how to fix our problem?
Thanks again for everyones help.

"Jeff" wrote:

> Ruban,
>
> It cannot be a label printer.  Install some kind of a Windo$e printer,
> Generic/Text only will work, or something like a free CutePDF writer from
> www.cutepdf.com
>
> --
> *
> "Ruban Rouge" <RubanRouge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There is  a default printer already installed on Register 2. It is a
> Cognitive Blaster 2 label printer. Any other suggestions?
>
> "Glenn Adams" wrote:
>
> > Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just
> > something like the print to fax or MS Office Document Writer.
> >
> > --
> > Glenn Adams
> > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >

> > "Ruban Rouge" <Ruban Rouge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database
> > > is
> > > located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view
> > > the
> > > journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message
> > > just
> > > before closing:
> > >
> > > Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
> > > Automation error
> > > The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

Page break in normal view set at startup
Excel 2003. Is it possible to have Excel with Tool/Options/View/Page Break always set at startup. Hi Stephen, try adding the following VBA code to the workbook Code: -------------------- Sub Auto_Open() ActiveSheet.DisplayAutomaticPageBreaks = True End Sub -------------------- HTH Art -- HiArt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19953 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=402065 Do you mean for a particular workbook or f...

IF FORMULAS #2
Looking for help...... In column A1:A16, I have names. In B1:B16 I will assign random numbers to those names from 1-16. In another part of the sheet I have 16 columns lets say D:S, (D) being column 1 and (S) being column 16. when I assign a number in column B, I want the name to the left to appear above the appropiate column. EX, If B1 is 16 then the name in A1 will appear above column S. I am using Excel 2007 Windows Vista. I find this site to be the place for answers,everyone is great. Thanks in advance. D1: =INDEX($A$1:$A$16,MATCH(COLUMN()-3,$B$1:$B$16,0)) Fill to S1. "JOHN...

Shared Workbooks #2
I have 1 book being shared by 2 users. The book has approx 30 worksheets. The sheets have a min of 10 rows to a max of 11,000 rows and 26 columns of data. User 1 and user 2 open the workbook and work on different sheets of the book at the same time. User 1 changes the format of cells, saves the changes and exits Excel. User 2 has the file open, continues to work on the worksheet, user 1 reopens the book, makes changes, saves, and exits. When user 2 saves and exits the book and user 1 reopens the book, the formatting is lost. The file is also 24+mb, does this have a factor...

Missing row #2
A user has deleted a row that had an amount in it. Her rows are now number, 23, 24, 25, 27 (so row 26 is missing). Whenever she tries to total columns or rows, the number that is in that missing row is calculated in. How do I retrieve that row, or clear out the number? TIA. Kim Select rows 24 and 26, the whole rows and goto Format>Row>Unhide. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37603B87-33DA-4EB0-AC54-68F919F4A8B8@microsoft.com... > A user has deleted a row that ha...

CRM1.2 and Contract Template
Is there any way to customize the "Contract Template" screen from the "home","settings","template manager","Contract Templates","New Contract Template".. Can I customize this form ? I need to enter "Reponce Levels" in the dropdown list... Is this possible and if so how....? Hi Ulrich, Contract Template itself is not customizable. However, if you want the "Response Levels" picklist to show up on each contract that gets created, you could customize the Contracts Form itself and add the picklist. This field...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise / Public Folder Store
Hello, I have the following configuration: - Windows 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 - 2 OU with users - each OU has it's own GAL, AL and OAB I created two public folder stores for each OU and to give each OU access to a public folder store. But I even can't my additional Public Folder Store in Outlook. Additionaly I try to replicate one OAB to the additional Public Folder Store. Thanks in advance. Cheers Fabian "But I even can't my additional Public Folder Store in Outlook. " You want to clarify that? "Fabian K´┐Żlling" <FabianKlling@dis...

spin control problem #2
How do I get the integer value of a spin control's associated edit control while in the edit control's OnEnChange function. Everytime I try to extract the data I get an exception error. If you have a problem in spin control, hire a good publicist... (sorry, I couldn't resist) First, show the code. Then say PRECISELY what you mean by "exception error", showing the exact line of code that experiences the problem. Otherwise, there is no way to tell what you've done! joe On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:43:21 -0700, "Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote: ...

All-In-One Outlook View
I was suprised not to see a view in Outlook where I can see - email, calander and tasks. I can create just about what I need, however, I thought I had seen third party software that can show you everthing on one view ( screen) Ron ...

Free business opportunity #2
If you need to make 2,000 - 5,000 per week - you need to check this out. No cost or obligation full details. www.profitsdaily.biz --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20041209205203P0d4HhB4 ...

Import of Data into RMS 2.0?
We will be converting to RMS soon. Is there anyway we can import our old sales history(Monthly) into RMS 2.0? Hi newbie. I am not aware of a free utility that will import all data, including sales transaction history to your RMS system. Retail Realm has an Import Tool that will do this if your current system is Microsoft Point of Sale, possibly POS 2009, but it is licensed (meaning you need to pay for it). Otherwise, I believe you are limited to importing items, customers, suppliers, and UPCs as Aliases, no history. HTH..... "newbierms user" wrote: >...

Can't view HTML emails in Outlook 2002
I receive daily new articles from Cnet, up until the last few weeks they have been coming across in HTML format, recently they have changed to text format and are unreadable. Nothing has changed within Outlook or my system for that matter, but I am at a loss of what could be causing this issue, I have gone into the Outlook 2002 setting and can't find anything that could be causng this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Macros on Protected Sheets #2
Hi , Now I have tried Alan's Solution to be able to run my Macros in Protected sheets but as I am not VB literate, I think I have made a Syntax mistake. Sub Newaction() Sheet("Critical Path").Unprotect ("My Password") ' Newaction Macro ' Macro recorded 17/11/2004 by Clifford ' ' Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" Sheet("Critical Path").Protect ("My Password") End Sub I receive a message "Compile error" "Sub or function not defined" Can you tell me what's wrong ? Regards ...

Download Grocery Store Inventory database
Hi As I've promissed the (will say so) beta version of inventory database in ready :) Actually Here is almost 10,000 Items in my invenroy ... anyone want it so to make easy creating new one ... I'll give you the download link... Just because when I really needed it noone gave it to me ... Just Import it and perdorm task 110 change item price ... P.S And I will be glad and thankful if someone else will share his database with me ... -- Best Regards Ashot Bayatyan Please email the link to aparichithudu999@yahoo.com ------------------------------------- =?Utf-8?B?QXNob3Q=?= ...

store.exe is biger and biger........exchange2000
HI, I have 2x1.5Ghz and 1GB ram.....Windows2000 SP2 and only exchange2000 SP3 is on this machine. I have about 170user on it. Still today server is work OK,but today store.exe is grouwing up still 800mb and server is very slow,when it come to 800Mb I restart,I think we will go on "gb and to swap. Server work about 1 hour and must be restarted. Antivirus is Sophos-disabled. I scan for virus with 3 antivirus program,no spy,no spam and no virus. What I must to do? Thanx 800 MG is really nothing. But try deframnentation. Change the drive letters per your need in the following lines, ...

2003 Week View?
Outlook 2003 In the week view Saturday and Sunday are shown about 1/2 the size of the other days. Is there any way to make all 7 days equal in size? Bob No...but if you turn your Work Week into 7 days in Calendar Options, the Work Week view will show all 7 days in equal size. They will be in columns, though -- 1 for each day. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Bob" wrote: > Outlook 2003 > > In the week view Saturday and Sunday...

Business Cards VIEW SETTING- Mail Merge
I would like to print this view onto a lable paper for mailing. Ideas? 1. I have the company logos attached as pictures to the outlook card. 2. I want to print th pictures along with the addresses in a mail merge. hope somebody has a suggestion. outlook 2007 ...

Second Public Folder store
I'd like to create a second public folder store on my Exch 2003 server. I am running the Standard version, on Windows 2003 Standard server. I understand that I cannot create a second Mailbox store. I tried successfully to create the second Public store, but I don't know how to access it (either by Outlook or Web Outlook). Can this be done? Hi Tim, Thank you for posting here! In fact, an Exchange Standard server can only have one public folder store. An Exchange Enterprise server can have up to 19 public folder stores. This includes up to 4 mailbox stores and 1 public folder stor...

Registered to ?
If I open the properties on my Windows XP computer, I see "Registered to:" and then my name on the General tap of the System Properties. Does any one know how to get that name from within a program? Dave Read it from the following registry. Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion Name: RegisteredOwner If it is not present there, then try to read it from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion ( this might be the case for the consumer windows OS like Win95, WindowsMe etc ) ...

eseutil /p #2
I had to run eseutil /p since /r was not working, and my exchange 2003 priv and pub were not coming up. i ran it on pub1.ebd ran ok and i was able to mont the public folder. eseutil on priv is currently running and is at a point were it seems that nothing is happening, is says deleting unicode fixup table .? how long will this take. is it normal ..?? Thanks. Do you have a backup that you can restore from (if necessary)? How big is your priv? How long has eseutil been running? Might be time to get PSS on the phone. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Alfred" <Alfred@...

receipts shown twice in the journal viewer
When looking at the journal viewer I see each receipt twice. Does anyone know why this happens and how I can make it stop. Do you have both Printer 1 and Printer 2 set up? If both are set up and set to journal receipts, you will get both copies in the journal viewer. If Not, you might have the receipt count set to 2 for some/all transaction types, but I think that would result in a multipage receipt rather than 2 separate receipts. Finally, you may have some add-in or database trigger that is copying the journal entries - if that's the case, it's probably supposed to be mov...

CFileDialog
How can i retrieve the current view mode of a CFileDialog? I do know how to open the dialog in a specific mode such as "thumbnails" but how can i find out whether the mode changed while the dialog is open? I want to save the current setting when i close the dialog so i can re-open the dialog using the correct mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. > How can i retrieve the current view mode of a CFileDialog? I do know how to > open the dialog in a specific mode such as "thumbnails" but how can i find > out whether the mode changed while the dialog is op...

Windows cannot load the locally stored profile.. 03-24-10
I came into the office today and got the message "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile." --- I've had this happen once or twice before.. I rebooted and things were fine. This time it didn't work. So, I've been fooling around for like 3 hours setting everything up as I had it previously. I figured out how to get back all my Firefox bookmarks and passwords. They were still stored under my username. Also got back most of my Thunderbird emails.. I lost my sent box and some of my inbox. Got back my Outlook emails as well. I'm only using Outlook mai...

mail merge- 2 things
Help! I have folks on my mailing list, same address but different last names. When I merge that way, it shows them correct but the others either.....sam smith and judy smith or The Smith family. In a perfict world I would like it to merge...... jen doe & sarah miller and sam & judy smith. What can I do? Next, when I save the mail merge to a cd to take to Kinkos to print they say "you need to load up this file prep tool & save it that way first, oh but you have XP so this won't work, you need to buy a distiller". Well I just looked at what I think is ...

Access Database Crashes When Creating An .MDE File
Hello,I am facing a situation which is not allowing me to create a .mde file. The following are the details of the file and the environment:Version Of MS Access : 2002Actual Version in which file is created : 97 and then upgraded to Access 2002Current File Format : Access 2002Size of the file : 550 MBThere isn't any problem with the functioning of the database and everything is fine. But recently when I tried to create an .mde file out of it, i found that the database crashes with the typical send information to Microsoft screen.Trouble Shooting Steps Performed:1. Deleting the 10.0 Key whi...

Outlook 2007 Error #2
The Operation Failed. An Object Could Not Be Found. I get this error when I use Outlook 2007. I followed the instructions I saw on a Microsoft Support document that told me to create a new profile. I created a new profile, (no big deal), but it has not solved the problem. Any other ideas?? As far as creating a new profile, I deleted the original default profile I had and created a new one. anything more complicated than that? I have 3 different profiles: One for my GMail account One for my Verizon Account One for my one domain name account, (my default, or mail account). Did you use...