SQL to mak all items TAX and CODE 128A

Hi, I have seen this before, but cannot find it now.  I need a query to make
all items Code 128A and also need to set all items as TAX (taxable).
Thanks for your help.

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

geokar,

http://tinyurl.com/sy9lm

SO Manager | Wizards | Task 170 Assign Sales Tax

Must have access to CustomerSource
--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

"geokar" <george@aluminumbats.com> wrote in message
Hi, I have seen this before, but cannot find it now.  I need a query to make
all items Code 128A and also need to set all items as TAX (taxable).
Thanks for your help.

0
spam3944 (2163)
6/22/2006 2:41:20 AM
I know half of what you need to update your Barcode format. You will need to
find out what position number Barcode Format 128A is, my query is for Barcode
format 128C, thus a different number.

Once you know the number associated with Barcode 128A, you should backup
your database before executing.

           UPDATE Item SET BarcodeFormat = 'x'

Note: 'x' equals the number associated with the particular barcode. For our
example of using barcode format 128C, that query would read:

           UPDATE Item SET BarcodeFormat = '8'

Maybe you could ask someone on here what the number is, but, I am not really
sure what you technically refer to that number as.

Jocelyn

"geokar" wrote:

> Hi, I have seen this before, but cannot find it now.  I need a query to make
> all items Code 128A and also need to set all items as TAX (taxable).
> Thanks for your help.

0
Jocelyn (213)

Taxes on a PA Credit
I have a PA invoice for a fixed fee project. One of the scheduled fees was negative (for a credit) & this was the only fee on the invoice. Therefore, the invoice is for a negative (credit) value. The taxes calculate as a positive value, but it should be a negative value. Fee: -$30 Taxes: +1.5 Invoice Total: -$28.50 Should be Invoice Total: -$31.50 Does anyone know to make the taxes a negative value as desired? I will have this issue in the future as well. Thanks ...

SQL Reporting Services and GP 10
Hello: Is it possible to associate SQL Reporting Services reports with SOP invoices in GP 10.0 rather than with Report Writer? I know that Accountable Software has Forms Printer, but I believe that that only works with Crystal. And, I know that there are SRS reports written to display data from GP but I do not think that these reports will work in terms of printing invoices or orders from SOP. Thanks! childofthe1980s No not really.. The problem is that when an SOP or POP document is printed, GP needs to be updated. Accountable does that with their Crystal interface but I dont kno...

install sp1 on sql 2008 r2
Hi, i'm a bit confused. I just installed sql 2008 r2 (build 1600) and i need to install the SP1 but my doubt is, what is sql 2008 R2? is it sql 2008 + Service Pack 1? what update does it include with the "r2"? do i have to install sp1 or it's already included? thanks!! R2 is like a whole new version of 2008. Actually a half version :). It was just released so all there is to load is the RTM version. There are no service packs for it yet. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "iNewbie" <iNewbie@discussions.microsoft.com>...

VBA Code to Open File1; Open File2 copy sheets to File1
Using XL 2003 & 97 Need help with the following VBA code: Sub Macro1() Dim myNewWorkbook As String myNewWorkbook = ActiveWorkbook.Name Workbooks.Open Filename:="OldWorkbookFile.xls" Sheets(Array("Formulas", "Department Lables")).Activate Sheets(Array("Formulas", "Department Lables")).Copy _ Before:=Workbooks(myNewWorkbook).Sheets(2) Windows("OldWorkbookFile.xls").Activate ActiveWorkbook.Close Windows(myNewWorkbook).Activate ' ........ End Sub My goal is to have myNewWorkbook active then:...

OL2007+Exchange: Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...!
I'm seeing a very strange issue with my Outlook2007 (against Exchange)... Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...! Steps: 1. Send an email. Sent email gets saved under Outlook's default "Mailbox\SentItems" folder. 2. Go to that SentItems folder, and move the mail to another folder (let's say "Foobar") under your inbox. 3. Go to "Foobar", make sure mail is still there. 4. Let Outlook Sync up with Exchange server (or hit "Send and Receive"). 5. You will notice that the mail disappears... ! I did a full text search in my ...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

CComboBox shows only one item at a time !
Hi All, I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but dropdown shows only 1 at a time (i.e. the arrows of v-scrollbar are stuck together).. How do I remedy this ? Thanks in advance. Ashish Got it... Thanks "Ashish" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:eqRb$LSyDHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list > styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but > dropdown sho...

how to insert a item when ListCtrl is in "Icon" mode
I create a ListCtrl with "Icon" mode,but I found I can't use the "InsertItem()" to insert a item in a specfied position,the new item is always at the bottom of list,but I want insert some items before a specified position,so how to do it? "pango" <pango99@tom.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:0a1101c3d919$a04cbfa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I create a ListCtrl with "Icon" mode,but I found I can't > use the "InsertItem()" to insert a item in a specfied > position,the new item is always at the bottom of list,but > I want i...

retrieving deleted items
If a user deleted a bunch of emails before quitting can I retrieve those without doing a restore? They aren't in her deleted items. if you have DIR configured on that mailbox store, you can recover them by selecting the deleted items folder, and selecting Tools, Recover deleted items from the menu in Outlook... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eW$YsTMOGHA.668@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > If a user deleted a bunch of emails before quitting can I retrieve those > without doing a restore? They aren'...

Tax Amount Not Transferring
We currently have our salespeople working in orders, and once the order is complete, we transfer it to an invoice. When we perform these transfers, if there is any value entered in the Tax field, this value is not transferred onto the invoice. We always check the box labeled "Include Totals and Deposits," but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Also, we noticed that whenever the shipping method on an invoice is changed, the value in the tax field changes to 0. Is there any way to prevent either of these things from happening? ...

Sent items from Blackberry 9700 not showing properly in Entourage sent items

Item stock inquiry (GP10, BRL Ess)
I have imported item quantities (adjustments). I see Qty In 106, Qty Out 0, Balance 92. Why I get the 14 difference? I did Check Links and Reconcile already. Thanks, -- TS Are you sure the 14 are not allocated to sales orders or unposted invoices? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Toni" wrote: > I have imported item quantities (adjustments). I see Qty In 106, Qty Out 0, > Balance 92. Why I get the 14 difference? > I d...

Access 2000 to SQL?
I want to know if you'd recommend that a novice convert back end data files to SQL database tables. I want to continue using Access 2000 as front-end. Our users are placing high demand on data tables requiring frequent compact and repairs. Any other suggestions? I kind of doubt that a novice will be able to handle that. It will take an experienced SQL Server programmer/DBA to do the job correctly. -- Lynn Trapp MS Access MVP www.ltcomputerdesigns.com Access Security: www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/Security.htm "Denise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Task folder appearing under sent items, magically
We've got a shared mailbox and calender between 6 people. Just last week a user complained that 11 task folders, sequentially numbered, appeared in her Sent Items folder. None of the 6 users have write or modify permissions...just read only. The six users are running anywhere from Office 2k to XP and our server is Exchange 5.5 We can deleted the empty task folders, only to have a number of them reappear a few days later. Always empty, but not always the same number of folders. Anyone out there have a clue???? Please I have lost so much sleep it's not funny over this. TH...

Case 'Actual Duration' not getting updated in SQL
Knowledge Base article 913391: The "Actual Duration" field displays an incorrect value when you view the "Resolve Case" dialog box in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 This article corrects the time when you resolve a case by adding some script to an onsave event. Here is where it doesnt work: Lets say you go back and change the time from 2 hours to 4 hours on a Service Appointment. The form shows your updated time by running the onsave event but when you resolve the case, you original time displays and not the updated time. I looked in SQL and the ActualDuration and Sc...

Invoice Items
Is there a way to move items up and down in the list on an invoice? ...

Applying an alternate sales tax at POS
Our sales tax changed from 6% to 7%, and I changed the sales tax appropriately. The item tax is set up with this 7% sales tax. I then added another sales tax, 6%, to be used for returns on sales rung up with 6% sales tax. At POS when recalling an old sale, I enter Shift-F12 Taxes and select the 6% sales tax. But all this does is zero out the sales tax. Any idea why this happens or is there something in configuration that is causing this? ...

SQL Server on Hyper-V: Disk Configuration Best Practices
Hi, Is there any bets practices or guideline explains efficient ways to setup virtual or pass-through disks for SQL Server on Hyper-V? Thank you, Max Use fixed size disks(easier to backup and move) if you do not require over 2 TB of data. Put them on a RAID10 or RAID 1 for good performance. Regards Jimmy "Allan2010" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any bets practices or guideline explains efficient ways to setup > virtual or pass-through disks for SQL Server on Hyper-V? > > Thank you, > Max > > ...

zip code redux
This post pertains to formatting difficutlies when importing the zip field from an Excel spreadsheet that's using the zip format. Dave Peterson wrote: >After you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a >'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. From that list, choose 'MS Excel >Worksheets via DDE (*.xls)', and your formatting will be retained. I'm not getting any dialogue boxes where I can choose this option when I choose an Excel sheet as my source. It sounds like something I can make good use of. Dave, anyone else: what I'm I missing. tj I...

Maintain History
Last week, we just received 2,500+ new SKU/Items to our inventory and used integration manager to add the items. However, we just discovered that ALL of these items did not have any of the Maintain History options checked (ie Cards ->Inventory -> Item ->Options). As a result, there is no history showing receipt or sales transactions. I have now enabled these options for all the items by using a SQL statement to Set the options on table IV00101. Problem: How do I get previous history for sales made before today from Inquiry - Inventory - Item -> Item Stock Inquiry (top right ...

Button calling aother button's code
I'm just getting started. How does one call another button's code? In Button2's code, I want to call Button1's click event. I guess I need to pass parameters. The Button1_Click() statement is incorrect. So how does one call code contained in another button? Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click MsgBox("I pressed a button") End Sub Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Clic...

VBA code to capture Computer device unique ID number
I am seeking knowledge of how to write a VBA code in access 2003 that allows me to call a property function by which I can capture a unique number which identifies the computer hardware device. I am thinking of something like the MAK Number that is associated with the hardware of interest since it is unique and cannot be repeated in any other device. The purpose of this function is that I would grant accessibility for users to my database application only if the hardware can be identified in a table that contains approved MAK numbers. I would greatly appreciate the help I can get in thi...

Code to preview multiple instances of a form
Greetings to all I have a form with a button cmdPrint. The click event has code including DoCmd.OpenReport strDocName,acViewPreview The report prints properly when clicked. I have added another button called cmdPrint_FullSet. When clicked, I use criteria in the form's controls to cycle through a set of reports that should print. This cycling also works just fine. In each cycle, a 'Call cmdPrint_Click' statement is executed. My problem is that ony the first report preview is shown. I'm guessing this is because they would all have the same file name. ...

SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 Upgrade. Upgrade advisor Errors
I am running the SQL 2005 Upgrade advisor on a SQL 2000 box and I keep getting the following messages on the following objects. Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. on the following objects. FTPROPS DROPSYSOBJ HOSTIDRETURN COLONUSE LARGECONSTTYPE INVALIDCHAR FTCATPROPITEMCOUNT DISKINIT FTCATALOGNAMERESTRICTION FTNONPERSISTEDCOMPCOL NONANSIOUTER DEPRECATEDSP FTCATALOGPATH LCIDPROPERTY CREATESTATSWITHROWS FORXMLAUTO INFOSCHEMATA I don't even know what type of objects these are let al...

searchfolder misses items
I use outlook 2003 on a windows xp sr2 system. I use searchfolders quite a lot but it seems like some items are missing from the searchfolder, although they do exist in the sent items folder. I have a search folder for mails that are sent to and from a group of people. Sometimes these people have more than one e-mail address, and I put all addresses in the criteria for finding that peron. It happened that one of my contacts apparently added her name to the reply to address. Instead of mail from jdoe@domain.com, I now get mail from Jane Doe. If I look at the properties the actual e-mail a...