SQL Command match Items to Matrix

SQL command that will put all items which contain a certain Supplier ID # to
be added to a matrix that I have created. We have a company and we want to do
a matrix for all of there items. But instead of manually adding each item to
the matrix. If I could run an SQL command that will take all items with the
supplier ID attached to them and have them added to the matrix. I am aware
that I will still have to label the dimensions. It would just be fantastic if
I could do a mass add. Hopefully someone has a creative mind. I tried some
commands, but I am not an SQL master either. I know that there are Add-ons
that allow for various Matrix tasks. I just think that there has to be an SQL
command that will add a reference of an Item to a Matrix. Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil

0
nt8378 (95)
8/22/2006 8:04:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

When you associate an item to a Matrix you are also defining each item and
its relationship to Matrix Haeder and Matrix Detail for each and every
dimension.  So a single SQL Command is not possible.  This is a job that is
one item at a time.  We have a utility that allows you to speed that a
little bit but not much.  Contact me by email.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = = = =

"nt8378" <nt8378@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> SQL command that will put all items which contain a certain Supplier ID #
> be added to a matrix that I have created. We have a company and we want to
> do
> a matrix for all of there items. But instead of manually adding each item
> the matrix. If I could run an SQL command that will take all items with
> the
> supplier ID attached to them and have them added to the matrix. I am aware
> that I will still have to label the dimensions. It would just be fantastic
> if
> I could do a mass add. Hopefully someone has a creative mind. I tried some
> commands, but I am not an SQL master either. I know that there are Add-ons
> that allow for various Matrix tasks. I just think that there has to be an
> SQL
> command that will add a reference of an Item to a Matrix. Any help will be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Neil

0
afshin (783)

SQL Server Domain?
Up to now I just assumed that the SQL Server machine had to be on the same domain as the MSCRM server. But I have a standalone server that isn't a part of any domain that has SQL server. Would MSCRM work if it tried to use a SQL Server 2000 DB that was standalone or wasn't on the same domain as MSCRM? Louis -- www.ecentra.com Online Business Software Portal You might be able to get this to work, but the "supported" config requires the DB to be a member of the same Domain. "Louis" <lpark@ecentra.com> wrote in message news:uK9N2$u1DHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10....

How can i tell what Email address an item was actually sent to??
In my 'Sent' folder in Outlook, i open a mail mesasge. in the "To:" field, it has the persons name, not their Email, like "Bill Smith". When i click on their name, the Outlook Contact i have for that person opens up. But, i have multiple Email addresses in that Contact. How can I tell which actual Email address it was actually sent to? The person did not receive it, and we are trying to figure out where it actaully went. Thank you. Tom Did you right click on the name and scroll to properties? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Compare Monthly Item Sales
I am trying to create a report that will allow me to compare a specific item or items by suppliers from one month to another month. (Example: All items sold by ABC in March 2007 Vs. March 2006 or ABC items sold in March 2007 Vs. Feb 2007) I see that there are sales reports that compare sales totals between months, but I have had no luck trying to convert that information to actual items or companies. Again looking for QTY totals not sales totals. Hope someone has some neat ideas. Thanks, Neil HI you got me. well good news is that a month later i have develop this report for Mr. David ...

Auto Insert Services Rendered into GP from SQL DB
We have a seperate SQL Server database where timesheets or items of work are captured when performed by someone in our organization. Currently a report is run against the SQL database and then someone manually enters in the transaction into GP. We want to automate this. Is there some program that mimics the manual entry whereby I can export the data from the SQL DB? ...

Checkbox Failures: MS Access .adp Connected to SQL
Hi all, I have an Access Form in an .adp connected to MS SQL Server 2000. When the field behind them is of the "bit" or "tinyint" datatypes, my checkboxes will not uncheck and also exhibit other bad behavior such as one checkbox affecting the data in another checkbox. When I convert all of the datatypes to smallints, the problem goes away and everything works perfectly. In MS SQL, the "bit" and "tinyint" datatypes are always unsigned. This issue appears to be related to Access attempting to store a -1 for true instead of 1. However, Access (even using...

Command Button
I am unable to locate the section I need to add a commandbutton to excel worksheet. Where can I find this at? Thanks, Les EXCEL 2007 Type the word:- button - into the F1 Help Facility and hit Search. The first topic that is displayed is called:- Add a button or command button to a worksheet Go into the above topic. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. ...

Inventory items should auto fill description in Req mgmt
Inventory items should auto fill the description field in requisition management but only if the description field is blank. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

eResources Menu Item
Clean install of CRM 1.2 and no sign of the eResources menu item on the Account or contact forms. Cant see any settings in web.config that relate to this - is there something else I need to set to switch these on? Roger The eResources Menu does not show up until the Account/Contact record is saved. Have you tried saving the Account/Contact first? Aaron Elder =============================================== Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Core Application Development Team =============================================== This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warra...

SQL Server MS$DPM2007$ service problem
I am having a problem with the "SQL Server (MS$DPM2007$)" service. Occasionally, when the system reboots, this service will fail to login and jobs will fail. I can open up the service, re-enter the exact same password as it had before and I can manually start. DPM will run without fail until it takes a reboot. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jason Take a look at the "log on as a service" privilege. If group policy restricts that right, and the account you're using isn't assigned that right, the service will fail to start...

Outlook 2003: Copy Command Missing on Right-Click
In Outlook 2003, when I right click on an email message, only the move command is available; the copy command is missing! The only way I can copy an email message to another folder is to drag it with the right mouse button and then it comes up as an option. Is there a fix to this bug? Thanks... ...

Sibling Mode not working on Menu Items when calling HtmlHelp?
I have a truly curious problem with HtmlHelp and Sibling Mode in Visual C++ ..Net 2003 in an MFC app. Sibling mode allows the help viewer to display on top of the app, but if the app is clicked, then the app becomes the top most window. The idea is to let the user switch back and forth between the help viewer and the application. For the case of Menu Items only, sibling mode does not appear to work correctly under normal running conditions. However, sibling mode does work for menu items, if you put a breakpoint on the HtmlHelp call and stop prior to executing the call. In this case the HtmlH...

Payee Matching
Is there anyway to use wildcards when setting up Payee matching?? When I download trasactions, the payee names are almost always a little different so I end up with 40 different version of Safeway with some 20 digit number behind it. Wouldn't it be nice if you could put *Safeway* in the payee matching?? Seems like such a simple thing. That's the one thing that has always bugged me about Money. Does Quicken do that? Matt In microsoft.public.money, Matt wrote: >Is there anyway to use wildcards when setting up Payee matching?? When I >download trasactions, the payee name...

Command Button
I would appreciate any help with this. I have a command button on my main form that when you click on it it will take you to the main switchboard and the reports page. This is the what I have now. My Switchboard has two pages. Page one has forms and button to go to the second page which lists reports. This only takes me to the main switchboard. If I type [SwitchboardID] is says there is no such field. I want the command button to take me to the second page of the switchboard and open reports. This is the info in the switchboard table for Reports. SwitchboardID = 2; ItemNumber =...

Matching bill pay items to statement items
Hello All... I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. I go onto my banks bill pay and pay a bill. The bill pay program creates a .ofx file which Money imports. The entry is flagged with an E in Money. Problem is when I download a statement from my bank which has the bill pay item in the statement Money does not match the bill pay item to the bill pay item in the statement. When I try to manually match the two within Money, the original bill pay item is greyed out. I have Money setup to match transactions within 30 days, but both the bill pay entry and the statement entry are the same date. An...

Move to match cells
A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998 11 000801091-7 009601098-9 ...

need help with Index, Match and Countif in the same complicated formula
Hi, I have a spreadsheet Expense Journal designed for entering expenses in two currencies, one for Dollar and one for a local currency. It has two sections of rows, the top is for Dollar Expenses and uses no exchange figures because the spreadsheet converts everything to Dollars. This Dollar section has five columns: Date Project # Account # Description Dollar Amount In the blank spreadsheet that they start anew each quarter, there are only two rows setup for Dollar expenses because most of their expenses will be in Local currency. Below the Dollar secti...

T-SQL help
Hello, [SQL2005] I have a table that captures the database growth: CREATE TABLE db_gowth ( db_name SYSNAME, data_space_alloc INT, data_space_used INT, log_space_alloc INT, log_space_used INT, dte DATETIME ) Question1: There is a scheduled job that runs daily and executes a script that will load the above table. Thus, for a day I have 15 rows depicting each of the 15 databases. Now, I need to capture the database growth for each database for the past 6 months. I need to first find the max(dte) for a month and the corresponding size(data_space_alloc + log_space_alloc). ...

Modifying Item Cards / Inquiry
using Dynamics GP v9.0 Customer wants to modify Item Maintenance>Item Quantities Maintenance AND Item Inquiry where it says "Back Ordered". They would like the word "Back Ordered" to be able to be clicked to bring up ALL orders where that particular Item is back ordered. (Just like "Allocated" is a link to all orders that have that item allocated). I would appreciate step-by-step instructions if possible. Thank you. Pam, This would require some development and modifications to the existing windows which may be beyond the scope of this forum although I...

SQL Error
Access 2003: I am trying create a record of user login with a simple INSERT INTO to a separate table which logs user name and date & time. This is executed when they click "OK" on an existing login form. The form coding is already working to allow them into the database, I am just adding this code to capture a traffic record. Here is the SQL statement I am using; SQL = "INSERT INTO tblLog (User, LastLogon) VALUES(" & strUser & ", " & Now() & ")" DoCmd.RunSQL SQL When the SQL is executed I get a "Syntax error (missing oper...

Edit Replace command
I have someone who's Replace command replaces everything in one pass. With mine however I have to repeat the process. This is Excel 2003 An example is lets say you want to replace all occurrences of two spaces with one. The first time the Replace command is run it only makes one pass removing only the first found two spaces in each cell. I have to run the command several times to replace all occurrences. But the other person only has to run it once. Is there a setting somewhere? How does yours work? Thanks >I have someone who's Replace command replaces everything in one ...

SQL Server agent
I cannot seem to locate anything that explains what SQL Server Agent is doing in CRM 4.0. We know it is a prerequisite but I cannot seem to find anything that explains what it is doing or why it is needed for CRM 4? Can anyone point me to some documentation that explains why the agent is needed? -- Leo It seems they are related to the deleting process . Open the store procedure in MSCRM_config and read the T-SQL statement. There are two jobs in CRM 4.0 . They execute the following storeprocedures on MSCRM_Config exec p_HardDelete exec P_CleanupsitewideNotification /Aamir The ...

Cannot delete mail in deleted items
We migrated all of our mailboxes to a new server this weekend. We are having a strange problem today. Nobody can delete anything in there deleted items. It doesn’t give them an error. It just doesn’t delete the item. I’ve also noticed that the “recover deleted items” is grayed out. shift delete will work, but I want to be able to use delete. The new server is running Exchange 2003 sp2. The clients are running Office XP SP3. any ideas? what happens if you right-click on the deleted items folder and select, "Empty deleted items"? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jbwerner&...

Named Instance of SQL
Hi there, We have inherited a client who installed MSCRM but on a named SQL Instance. I know this is not supported, and so far have found that you are unable to go offline from SFO. Does anyone know if there are any other implications. Thanks in advance Sam what happens when you go offline? "Samantha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:966901c43385$cfe3db60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > We have inherited a client who installed MSCRM but on a > named SQL Instance. I know this is not supported, and so > far have found that y...

Items Lookup
When I open up Item Lookup (ASI windwo Items), by default it is sorted by Item Short Description. Is it possible to sort it by Item Desription without clicking on any additional buttons? I was able to bring Item Description using modifier but how do I change the column header. Disregard this - I was able to figure it out.. Thanks ...

This item has exceeded the budget for account number.
Hello, I am getting a recurring error message which prevents a user from entering in an expense into eReq because the system considers the account over budget, when in fact it is not. To correct the error, the origin of which we are still uncertain, we were instructed to run File/Maintenance/PO Enhancements/Reconcile. We received this message several times today and ran the utility which did not have any impact on the situation- the error message continues to pop up (i.e., for 53300-1650-000 Finance Office Supplies). The exact error message is: This item has exceeded the budget for...