Sort order on items in receipt

Has anyone figured out how to put a sort order on the items theat print
out on an invoice. Normally these print out in the order you added them
onto the transaction. We are looking to sort the items based on the bin
location so the orders can be picked more efficiently. Anyone had luck
doing something like this?

Casey Hanson
New West Technologies

0
chanson (56)
9/7/2005 8:21:40 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Casey have a look at the RR Store Misc Utility - there are a whole bunch of
add-ons there - one of them is picking and packingthat you can configure and
that can print automatically o whatever printer you want.

You can download and play with this on your NFR dongle for free.  if you
need any assistance drop me an email.

Afshin Alikhani [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk]
CEO - Retail Realm
--
URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk

"CaseyHanson" wrote:

> Has anyone figured out how to put a sort order on the items theat print
> out on an invoice. Normally these print out in the order you added them
> onto the transaction. We are looking to sort the items based on the bin
> location so the orders can be picked more efficiently. Anyone had luck
> doing something like this?
>
> Casey Hanson
> New West Technologies

0
afshin (783)

Number cells won't reformat / sort
I'm dealing w/ a spreadsheet composed of cut-and-pasted rows from 2 sources (A and B) both originally exported from Filemaker at different times. When trying to sort the data by a "Record Number" field, the 2 datasets remain split and will not integrate. In other words, instead of the sort result being something like: # Code 1 WEX 3 WAF 4 WAF 6 WEX 7 WAF 9 WEX They look like this: # Code 1 WEX 6 WEX 9 WEX 3 WAF 4 WAF 7 WAF The 2 groups remain separate and sort individually. It gets stranger, though. If I reformat the column to, say, a percent or a currency r...

Sum items occurring in a month and year
I've got the following formula to sum referrals received in a particular month. Is it possible to make it specific to the year as well as the month? =SUM(IF(Referrals!$D$4:$D$10002='Referrals List'!$A5,IF(Referrals!$J$4:$J$10002=MONTH($B$2),1,0))) Take a look at SumProduct instead... http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Saylindara" wrote: > I've got the following formula to sum referrals received in a particular month. > > Is it possible to make it specific to the year as well as the month...

Attaching items to e mails
I have a user trying to attach items from SharePoint libraries to e mails in Outlook (2007). When she selects an item and tries to attach it she gets this message "The operation is not supported until the entire message is downloaded. Download the message and try again" which makes no sense in the context. She is using an XP machine but I cannot duplicate this error on either XP or Vista machines on the same network. No one else is having the same problem. Anybody know a possible cause (and a solution)? ...

Outlook
We're running Exchange Server 2003/Outlook and running into a problem with Public Folders. When an item is received via an email enabled public folder, there is a delay in that item displaying in Outlook. Sometimes the delay is a few minutes, other times is can be as much as 20 minutes. Interestingly, we have rules enabled on the public folders to notify users when specific items are recieved. These notifactions are sent immediately, yet looking at the public folder, you can not yet 'see' the item. This tells me Exchange has indeed recieved the item, but not yet updated Outloo...

Multiple Column Sorting
I've been reading online about sorting multiple columns and I'm confused. Selecting one column to sort also selects all the other columns as well, at least in Excel 2000 and XP. I didn't see any difference in selecting one column or using the "Then by" boxes, in fact, the "Then by" choices didn't work. If the first column sorted in ascending order, and I chose to sort the second and third columns to sort in descending order, Excel still sorted all three columns in ascending order. If Excel sorts the all the columns together by default, why use the "Then...

Order of execution
Hi all,I have a question regarding the order in which Access VBA execute thecode. Here is a specific example:Sub ONE () On Mar 8, 5:36 pm, "nxqviet" <nxqv...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi all,>> I have a question regarding the order in which Access VBA execute the> code. Here is a specific example:>> Sub ONE ()There's nothing there to execute. The word Sub indicates the start ofa SUBroutine, VB would expect some other code to follow it with thelast line being End Sub.Example:Sub TestMe() Dim vDate as Date Msgbox "Today is " & vdateEnd SubIf you a...

Re-order Number
Hi IS there anyway you can enter the re-order Number at the Matrix Stage of an Item, instead on every Item individually? If you enter it on the Purchase Order side it doesnt update the Individual item???? H ...

Public Folder Items
It appears by default there is no way in a Public accessed through outlook to view the amount of items in the folder such as the way you see in your outlook inbox. I realize you can see the amount of items in Sys Manager or using PFAdmin but is there anyway to view this in outlook for the everyday user, same as outlook inbox..... thanks, KJK In news:9898986D-4A9E-40FA-BCA9-160040629CA9@microsoft.com, KJK <KJK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > It appears by default there is no way in a Public accessed through > outlook to view the amount of items in the folder such as th...

Sorting in Pivot Charts
I'm using Access 2003 & am trying to sort in a Pivot Chart. I have a single series & I'm trying to sort by the qty of that series. Thanks much in advance, M.C. ...

How do I sort data in column B to align with data in column A?
Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I want to be able to sort a range of codes in Column B to basically move and realign to the same row as the data that is in Colmn A eg Start Column A Column B R F G B B H H R F G Finish Column A Column B R R G G B B H H F F Piece a cake. Delete columm B, then copy column A and paste into Column B "Jephri1" wrote: > Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I...

How do I sort a column consisting of fractions, decimals, and who.
I need to sort products by the horsepower. Horsepower can be a fraction, decimal or whole number. For example, I need 1/100 to come before 1/10, 1/125 to come before 1/12, 1/10 to come before 1.0, 3/4 to come before 1...etc. Why don't you use the Fraction format under Number format? That way you only enter the decimal value and it will be represented by it's fraction, but the sorter won't be confused. Another option is to use this formula: =IF(ISERR(SEARCH("/",E8)),VALUE(E8),LEFT(E8,SEARCH("/",E8)-1)/RIGHT(E8,SEARCH("/",E8)-1)) Where E8 is ...

Error printing gift receipt
The receipt template posted on Knowlege Network printed a regular receipt with price information. I changed some items on the template file from "true" to "false" and the gift receipt printed fine with 2 small problems: 1. Error message:"Compiler Error:Token 'Transaction.Receipt.TransactionNumberPrint' was not found. 2. There's only one chance to print when asked if you want to print again on printer2. Gift receipt could not be printed from a journal. Does anyone know what might not be working here?... 1) 'Transaction.Receipt.TransactionNu...

Sent Items 01-16-10
I set up a rule to automatically move all sent items to a personal folder and it works fine except when I send html templates and then it goes into both my inbox and personal sent folders. Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to fix this in my rule? Thanks Donna Hauff What do you mean by "send html templates"? Are you being CC'd or Bcc'd on those messages? Have you looked at your other rules? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?...

refresh numeration of items in combo-box
I use DeleteString(id_item) member and sometimes InsertString(id_item,string) in my combo-box. But numeration of items are still the same and it couses problems to happen because I never know in which place new item will appear and which string I get using GetCurSel(). I don't know how many times I do something e.g delete some items before I call e.g. GetCurSel(). Hence I don't know which item I will get when I call: GetCurSel(). Is any way to refresh numeration of items after every action inside combo-box. I want that in every moment item which is on first place on combobox have inde...

Sorting in a custom view not functioning as expected
I just can't shake the feeling this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to get it or find an appropriate Google response. I have saved a custom view for my tasks. In it, I have a custom sort set up for my tasks. (A custom field text field "Grouping" ascending, then "Status" descending, then "Due Date" ascending, if you want to know.) My problem is, it's often convenient to look at things by category, so I (and my little users) click on the "Category" heading to get a quick view of things sorted that way. Then, I want to...

No Receipt to Display
What would cause the Batch Journal not to record a receipt, yet the Batch Z Report shows the sale was recorded. When the transaction is located in Detailed Sales Reports it exists... but when you call up the actual Transaction number in the journal, it says "No Receipt to Display" ? -- David Sinkins (DosBoot) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugg...

Sorting data that has both text & numbers.
I have a spreadsheet that has a column that contains both text and numbers. ex 1, 100, 101, 100A, 111B, 1251 etc. How do I get this to sort where the alpha letter that follows the # is in # sequence? 100, 100A, 101, 101A etc. The #'s containing the alpha letters sort at the end. I have tried formatting the cell, general, number and text and I'm still having problems. Hi, You will have to insert a column and separate the text from the number then sort. - mark >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet that has a column that contains both text and numbers. >...

Offer a feature to disable the sort warning in Excel 2003
This is just a suggestion to MS. Feel free to add your opinion if you wish. Excel should offer a feature to allow experienced users to disable the sort warning in Excel 2003 that pops up everytime you select a range that has info in any of the cells contiguous with that range. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

Excel Only Lets me put 11 items in a chart!
I tried to only put 12 items in a chart for at least 2 hours put Excel only lets me put in 11 items!! Please help! I don't get it because word will let me put at least 12 and more!! I've reimstalled Excel and download all updates and it still doesn't work! -Josh There's a limit to the number of characters that you can enter in the Data Range box. As a workaround, you could define the range of cells that you want to use, and enter the range name in the Data Range box. There are some instructions here for creating a named range: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01...

Get name of selected item for a product
Column A is with names of items. Columns B to D are for entering value of items for products B to D. Value of item is set to be max. 1 and only one item can be selected fo a product. Row1 A B C D Row2 Lamp 1 0 0 Row3 Diode 0 1 1 Row4 2Pin 0 0 0 Row5 (result) Lamp Diode Diode I need to get the result, in the last row of each product as, name o product that has been selected. What should be the formula -- Me...

Query sorting help
I am in need of assistance with a Query. I have a query that assembles a daily production schedule. The shedule consists of many fields however for the sake of this question i wish to sort the query by a series of four fields. the first fiedld in the query is "DueDate" then by field "press1" then by "Press2" then Press3". The data in the field Due date is the actual date due. The data in "press1" will only be "6c" or nothing. The data in "Press2" will be one of three Strings: "25", "29", or "2...

Disable min/max/close items in custom menubar
I created a custom menu bar and unselected all default menus and toolbars at startup. But my custom menu bar still shows the min/restore/close options on the far right, along with the "Type a question for help" item. How can I hide or disable these? Kurt > But my custom menu bar still shows the min/restore/close options on > the far right Gee, I think all windows applications do have the minimize. If I launched an application that did not allow me to minimize the application, it would make be VERY angry. Totality unacceptable here. > along with the "Type a quest...

I need to know on the structure of data of Manufacturing Order Processing

Check links -item master
Hi there, Is there a way to set the record count in item master to the the real count of existing items in the database when you are going to do a Check link for Inventory|item master?. It keeps a complete list of items including those I have previously deleted. Working on GP10 Built 1319, SQL2008 SP2. Any help would be appreciated -- Gilberto Villegas IT Plus Inc. GP Business Solutions partner Not sure what you are asking. However, check links will cycle through all existing records. It cannot cycle through what you have previously deleted, unless you are keeping history of such i...

Using Hyperlinks to Access Outlook Folders and Items
Hello, Who know how to create Hyperlinks to Access Outlook Folders and Items from a web page. Thanks a lot Eric C See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "=E9ric" <eric.clouatre@cnt.gouv.qc.ca> wrote in message = news:urVNT5H7FHA.1864@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, >=20 > ...