SnapShot Date?

RMS v1.3.0203

This is for HQ looking at 114 active SO stores. The report is generated in
HQ> Rpts> Items> SnapShot Store Price List.

What is it that defines the snapshot date? I always looked at it from the
inv side post physicals, request item count and reconciliation - but now I am
looking at store level pricing (they set their own). I can see the snapshot
date is different not only on different stores, but also on different line
items from the stores.

So far, my best guess has been that the snapshot date is based on a date the
store has set or changed their pricing (like price last updated). Is this
correct?
--
Jocelyn
0

You would have to test to verify this, but I think it is the time of the 401
worksheet that last updated the item.  This is similar to the last updated
time at the store, but not exact due to schedule delay between the change and
the HQ Client conenction...

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"jocelynp" wrote:

> RMS v1.3.0203
>
> This is for HQ looking at 114 active SO stores. The report is generated in
> HQ> Rpts> Items> SnapShot Store Price List.
>
> What is it that defines the snapshot date? I always looked at it from the
> inv side post physicals, request item count and reconciliation - but now I am
> looking at store level pricing (they set their own). I can see the snapshot
> date is different not only on different stores, but also on different line
> items from the stores.
>
> So far, my best guess has been that the snapshot date is based on a date the
> store has set or changed their pricing (like price last updated). Is this
> correct?
> --
> Jocelyn
0
GlennAdams (26)
2/22/2008 5:44:02 PM
Thank you Glenn - will test this later next week and post back. It's good to
read/see your replies again.

Jocelyn

"Glenn Adams" <GlennAdams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You would have to test to verify this, but I think it is the time of the
> 401
> worksheet that last updated the item.  This is similar to the last updated
> time at the store, but not exact due to schedule delay between the change
> and
> the HQ Client conenction...
>

> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
>

> "jocelynp" wrote:
>
>> RMS v1.3.0203
>>
>> This is for HQ looking at 114 active SO stores. The report is generated
>> in
>> HQ> Rpts> Items> SnapShot Store Price List.
>>
>> What is it that defines the snapshot date? I always looked at it from the
>> inv side post physicals, request item count and reconciliation - but now
>> I am
>> looking at store level pricing (they set their own). I can see the
>> snapshot
>> date is different not only on different stores, but also on different
>> line
>> items from the stores.
>>
>> So far, my best guess has been that the snapshot date is based on a date
>> the
>> store has set or changed their pricing (like price last updated). Is this
>> correct?
>> --
>> Jocelyn

Fixed Assets
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAB083.26EE8290 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi people, I am using SQL 2005, GP 10 SP 3 I am not able to post depreciation for Jan 2010 and get the above ERROR = message and when I click on more info. it give me following " You have = entered a date whose fiscal year on period setup is greater then the = current fiscal year for one of the books selected for this asset". Solution: do no select this book or enter an earlier...

combine date and time cells
I have a data recorder that records start and start time. When I export the data out of the device it comes across with date in one cell [=DATE(104,1,27)] January 27, 2004, and time in another [(=TIME(3,16,12)] 03:16:12 AM in Lotus 123 format. I open in excel and have tried to combine the two cells using the "&" key but can't get the result to yield a date and time in Excel. The formula that I used to combine the two cells is "=U7&" " & V7" where U7 and V7 are date and time respectively. I have also tried the formula as "=U7&...

Need help in Dates Calculations.
Hello every Body. I have a DB in which i want that it will show me the report by taking a Parameter through keyboard and the Parameter value should be Date. It will take the date and filter all the records of the concern date. how would be it possible? Can any one help please...? the second thing is that when i give the date of birth in the DOB Field and Current Date in the Present Date Field it whould display the Difference in years between the two dates. But how.? urgent help needed please. Regards, Khaksar. See: http://allenbrowne.com/func-08.html The article explains some...

Defaulting date field
Hi How can I default a date field to the first of the current month and year? Thanks Regards ...

date #4
Hi All I live in South Africa, and I have an interesting problem that persists in Excel 2003 and 2007. =TEXT(NOW(),"dd mmm yyyy") returns 15 Dec 2006 =month(now()) returns 12 =text(month(now()),"MMMM") returns January =year(now()) returns 2006 =text(year(now()),"yyyy") returns 1905 Why would this be? Thanks Chris Chris, =text(month(now()),"MMMM") should be =text(now(),"MMMM") and =text(year(now()),"yyyy") should be =text(now(),"yyyy") or just =year(now()) Otherwise, you are calcing the month of the 12th day afte...

Trim Time off Date
Access 2007 linked to SQL 2008 database I have a query with a date field that has the time included on it. How do I trim, truncate, remove the time part of the date in the query field named cndate? I might use an expression like the following: IIF(IsDate(cnDate),DateValue(cnDate),Null) Or perhaps a bit faster IIF(CNDate is Not null, DateValue(cnDate),Null) John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County GMC -LSND wrote: > Access 2007 linked to SQL 2008 database > > I have a query with ...

Query to Filter by Dates, Using Form
I’m kind of stuck on a query! This works fine, when I just filter for Customers and Traders. Then, I went ahead and added in a couple of ComboBoxes, to allow me to choose a From-Date and a To-Date…now my dynamic query doesn’t work anymore… This SQL Works fine for Cust and Trader, but not for dates: SELECT * FROM Trades WHERE Trades.[Cust] IN('') AND Trades.[Trader] IN(''); Below is my SQL for filtering by dates, but it DOES NOT WORK: SELECT * FROM Trades WHERE ((Trades.Tdate) Between [forms]![SearchForm]![cboFrom] And [forms]![SearchForm]![cboTo]) AND Trad...

Date question 01-14-10
Can anyone help with this function: =IF[Date Parts Ordered Completed]+ [Date Part Completed]+[Date Purchasing Completed],not blank,=Date The goal is that is all three fields have a date in them, then put in today's date in the final field. If one of the dates is missing, then the final date is blank. The only problem is if I open up that form I do not want it to change the date to today. I want it to stay the date of the actual completion. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, P-Chu -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try this -- Completion_...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

Change year end date
I'm fairly new to Great Plains so please be gentle with me. Can someone confirm how you go about extending the year end date, before I close the year. Currently our system is configured to run from 1/1/2005 to 31/12/2005 (I'm in the UK), but for one year only, we are extending our companies financial year to 31/3/2006. I believe the way to do it, is to go in to Setup->Company->Fiscal Periods and select year 2005, change the last day to be 31/3/2006, then change the number of fiscal periods to 15 (I already have 12 months). Then for 2006 change the first day to be 1/4/2006 and l...

Date + n months
Excel 97, win xp. I have a column for date (as in Med Refill Date) and another for Refills Remaining. The date column is formatted as 04/07/04 but is not a string. After shuffling through the available functions I can't find one to add RR months to the date and show the formatted date. Tried Edate but it wants a string. rs --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.678 / Virus Database: 440 - Release Date: 5/6/2004 Hi According to Excel (mine's 2000) EDATE requires a 'serial date number that represents ...

Date and time onto a form
Hi, I am designing a form that my client would like the date and time automatically recorded in a field and stored so that when they refer back it shows when the record was done. The 'NOW' function only shows the current date & time and keeps updating. Is there a way of putting the 'NOW' value into a field, then locking it so it doesn't change when the record is reopened. Hope that makes sense! Kazlou The form stores data in a table. You need to add a date/time field to your table to record the date and time a record was last updated. 1. Open the table in desig...

How to show the month of the referenced cell (containing a date)
If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will give me the following result: "Feb - 08" I tried =Month(a2)......but I just get the number of the month. Thanks. =TEXT(A2,"mmm - yy") Or simply =A2 with the cell custom formatted mmm - yy HTH. Best wishes Harald "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> skrev i melding news:165b03da-19ba-40b8-b9fe-77b17ef045b5@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will > give me the following result: > > "Feb - 08&...

Moving a start date without using a hard contraint
In project, if I have two tasks and the first one is 100% complete, and the second one needs to be moved out from the start date set up by the link, how can I move it without deleting the link or entering a hard constraint? Logic tells me I should enter in a task which shows the reason for the delay, however this does not always seem approprioate in every schedule for every circumstance. Am I missing the logic here? Thank you I see these possible solutions. 1. Start the subsequent task, you have no reason not to (Probably not what you wanted to hear). 2. If the resou...

Date construct with DatePart is kicking my.... well, you know.
Private Sub cmdCreatePath_Click() Dim strDateCons As String <bunch of my code that is (surprisingly) working like it should> strDateCons = DatePart(yyyy, Me.txtDateEntered) & "-" & DatePart(mm, Me.txtDateEntered) & _ "-" & DatePart(dd, Me.txtDateEntered) Debug.Print strDateCons End Sub When I click the magic button... nuffin'! I get an error message that states "Compile error: Variable not defined" and it highlights the 'yyyy' part of my first DatePart statement. What I actually wanted it to do was to take the date ...

calculating date/time #2
Hope someone is able to help. This is to calculate the chargeable hours for a SAR boat in the water Date In| Time In| Date Out| Time Out|Conversion Time| Total Conversion time is value of ((DateOut+TimeOut)-(DateIn+TimeIn)*24) but needs to be rounded up to the nearest 0.1 i.e. 0-6=.1, 7-12=.2, 13-18=.3 etc. with a minimum chargeable time of 2 hours. Have tried ROUNDUP and CEILING but obviously not the correct way! Thanks Rick -- relaing ------------------------------------------------------------------------ relaing's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&am...

Incorrect date in line chart in Excel.
I'm having difficulty with a line chart. I've got two ranges of numbers of two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700. My chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000. On the chart itself, my data placement starts at about 6,000 (for both 24 “F” calls and 649 “M” calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000 (for a figure that should only be just above 7000). I've tried to change the scale of my Y axis, but when I am able to so (2 out of 5 times) my data then goes off the chart. So I've looked at m...

Date Formula #3
I am having difficulty with the "NOW" formula. What I would like for it to do is when I enter a value in one cell have it update in another cell the date when the information was entered and that date stay permanenty. What I am having is the date changes to the current date everyday. Is this possible to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Todd You can do it with the change event of the worksheet This example will place the date/time in the B column if you change a cell in the range A1:A20. Place the code in the Sheet module Right click on a sheet tab and choose ...

Duplicate Dates Problem
Hello, Using Excel 2007. I have three Columns of data, similar to this: Wish to have the dates as the X axis, and show the next two Columns on the same plot. 21-Apr 143 21 26-Apr 147 93 3-May 144 91 13-May 135 128 13 May 128 81 17-May 143 93 17 May 137 86 22-May 127 89 22-May 123 83 I have the first, the Date column, formatted as: Date / 14 Mar I was hoping to graph this data, and have a line connecting "all" the points (of each column's data). For the second Column, I do have lines connecting the data with the unique dates of 21 Apr thru 3 May For some reaso...

Date range for a report
Hi I am trying to run a query and can't seem to nail down the right code. We use the access database to track files, incoming/outgoing correspondence dates etc. I am trying to run a query that show me files with dates in a follow up field of -60 days to +7 days, so essentially any follow ups missed in the last 2 months and up coming in the next week. This report is run on a weekly basis. Appreciate any help Thanks Assuming that the follow up field is actually a date/time data type, try this in the criteria: Between Date() - 60 and Date() + 7 -- Jerry Whittle, ...

Due date on loan account
How do I change the due date on a loan account? I can change the loan terms and interest rate, but I can't figure out how to change the due date. Changing the date on the bill series doesn't do it. More context might help. Are you talking about an Apay configured through Money? If changing the date on the bill series doesn't do what you are wanting to do, what is it you are wanting to change? What will appear different or happen differently? "Dave Has No Money" <DaveHasNoMoney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C372A2D6-665C-4A65-BE51-B2FFDD5...

Sorting cells by date
Hi. While trying to sort a column of dates, a j appears in only one cell. It's causing me a lot of time-wasting grief. Any ideas what this is? I can only think it must have been somewhere in the column before the sort............try the Data > Filter > Autofilter and see if the "j" shows up when you click on the header arrow...............if so, then it's somewhere in that column.........if you don't want it to show in the sort, then just select the range of your dates before sorting.............. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "MJC" <anonymous@disc...

Convert Text Entry to Date Format
Hello We were sent a large spreadsheet with hundreds of dates entered as text in this format: 04151985. Each entry has the green triangle in the upper left corner of the cells designating the data as text. We need to change the format to 04/15/1985. I have tried DateValue with no luck. I get a "#value" error I have also tried converting the text to a number first and then formating as a date using "format/cells" but I only get a string of pound signs ####. Please help. Thanks Art Sorry, I just read some of the archived postings and figured out the solution. ...

GL Posting date is missing or invalid error message
Hello, When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window, we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or missing' The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it has never been posted. We are running GP 8.00g34 What is causing this & how do we fix it? Thanks Did you recently change your pos...

Date Selection on HR Training Reports
I am implementing Human Resources, Advanced Human Resources and Certifications, Licensing and Training On the standard HR training reports such as Employee Classes, date selection does not work. If I enter a date selection, nothing is printed on the report. Without date selection, everything prints. I found a KB article - 863263 that states this is an issue for V 8.0 but I can't find anything more frequent. This appears to still be an issue. Does anyone have an update or are you experiencing this as well. Thanks Becker, If you are a microsoft partner, You can log into Dynamics GP...