setting up tax tables in RMS

I have a client who has special tax needs.
$0-$1600 is taxed at 9.25
$1601-$3200 is taxed at 9.75
$3201- and above is taxed at 7%
so for example- for a $3,300.00 item- the tax would be $311.00. How would I
set this up in RMS?
Help!
Thanks
Andrea
0
Andrea (160)
11/4/2005 9:05:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Andrea,

Create 3 Sales Taxes.
Sales Tax 1
Minimum Taxable Amount = None
Maximum Taxable Amount = $1,600.99
Tax Rate = %9.25

Sales Tax 2
Minimum Taxable Amount = $1,601.00
Maximum Taxable Amount = $3,200.99
Tax Rate = %9.75

Sales Tax 3
Minimum Taxable Amount = $3,201.00
Maximum Taxable Amount = None
Tax Rate = %7

Assign all of these taxes to one Item Tax.

Rob

"Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have a client who has special tax needs.
> $0-$1600 is taxed at 9.25
> $1601-$3200 is taxed at 9.75
> $3201- and above is taxed at 7%
> so for example- for a $3,300.00 item- the tax would be $311.00. How would
> set this up in RMS?
> Help!
> Thanks
> Andrea

0
rob4235 (14)
11/4/2005 10:09:39 PM
Andrea,

One possible way would be to:

1. Create the three different items taxes.

2. Then run an Inventory Wizrd to set sales taxes.  Use custom filters to
select the items from each price group: Price > 0 and <= 1600, etc.

In each of those price groups you can copy and paste to all rows the desired
tax.

Good luck,
Matt

"Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have a client who has special tax needs.
> $0-$1600 is taxed at 9.25
> $1601-$3200 is taxed at 9.75
> $3201- and above is taxed at 7%
> so for example- for a $3,300.00 item- the tax would be $311.00. How would
> set this up in RMS?
> Help!
> Thanks
> Andrea

0
mrocha (144)
11/4/2005 10:10:46 PM
Rob- this is what I thought. However, when I set it up and test it- tax # 1
is correct at $148.00. However tax number 2 shows at $312.00 and tax number 3
shows at $231.00. This is calculating wrong.
For a $3300.00 sale the total tax should be $311.00 ($148.00 + $156.00 +
$170.00)
What am I doing wrong?
HELP- this is driving me crazy (I have tested this for about 2 hours now)
Andrea

"Rob" wrote:

> Andrea,
>
> Create 3 Sales Taxes.
> Sales Tax 1
> Minimum Taxable Amount = None
> Maximum Taxable Amount = $1,600.99
> Tax Rate = %9.25
>
> Sales Tax 2
> Minimum Taxable Amount = $1,601.00
> Maximum Taxable Amount = $3,200.99
> Tax Rate = %9.75
>
> Sales Tax 3
> Minimum Taxable Amount = $3,201.00
> Maximum Taxable Amount = None
> Tax Rate = %7
>
> Assign all of these taxes to one Item Tax.
>
> Rob
>
> "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I have a client who has special tax needs.
> > $0-$1600 is taxed at 9.25
> > $1601-$3200 is taxed at 9.75
> > $3201- and above is taxed at 7%
> > so for example- for a $3,300.00 item- the tax would be $311.00. How would
> > set this up in RMS?
> > Help!
> > Thanks
> > Andrea

0
Andrea (160)
11/4/2005 11:11:04 PM
This is Tennessee taxation.  :)  What state are you from Andrea?
mt

"Matt" <mrocha@camicro.com> wrote in message
> Andrea,
>
> One possible way would be to:
>
> 1. Create the three different items taxes.
>
> 2. Then run an Inventory Wizrd to set sales taxes.  Use custom filters to
> select the items from each price group: Price > 0 and <= 1600, etc.
>
> In each of those price groups you can copy and paste to all rows the
> desired
> tax.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt
>
> "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I have a client who has special tax needs.
>> $0-$1600 is taxed at 9.25
>> $1601-$3200 is taxed at 9.75
>> $3201- and above is taxed at 7%
>> so for example- for a $3,300.00 item- the tax would be $311.00. How would
>> set this up in RMS?
>> Help!
>> Thanks
>> Andrea

0
mastaT (109)
11/4/2005 11:22:07 PM
Look at the Sales tax for the 9.75 and 7% taxes.  There's a check box that
says "Only apply this to amounts over the minimum"...

If you check this box for both taxes, it will come out to the $311 you are
looking for (after you run a Z-Report)...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

> Rob- this is what I thought. However, when I set it up and test it- tax #
> 1
> is correct at $148.00. However tax number 2 shows at $312.00 and tax
> number 3
> shows at $231.00. This is calculating wrong.
> For a $3300.00 sale the total tax should be $311.00 ($148.00 + $156.00 +
> $170.00)
> What am I doing wrong?
> HELP- this is driving me crazy (I have tested this for about 2 hours now)
> Andrea
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
>> Andrea,
>>
>> Create 3 Sales Taxes.
>> Sales Tax 1
>> Minimum Taxable Amount = None
>> Maximum Taxable Amount = $1,600.99
>> Tax Rate = %9.25
>>
>> Sales Tax 2
>> Minimum Taxable Amount = $1,601.00
>> Maximum Taxable Amount = $3,200.99
>> Tax Rate = %9.75
>>
>> Sales Tax 3
>> Minimum Taxable Amount = $3,201.00
>> Maximum Taxable Amount = None
>> Tax Rate = %7
>>
>> Assign all of these taxes to one Item Tax.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I have a client who has special tax needs.
>> > $0-$1600 is taxed at 9.25
>> > $1601-$3200 is taxed at 9.75
>> > $3201- and above is taxed at 7%
>> > so for example- for a $3,300.00 item- the tax would be $311.00. How
>> > would
>> > set this up in RMS?
>> > Help!
>> > Thanks
>> > Andrea

0
glenn9672 (1267)

Update one table from another

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

Finding all queries which use a table

Setting Outlook settings to new server
We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:15:01 -0800, Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility >or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange >server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. If you are moving the mailboxes in the same org vi...

FP: Couldnt close table
We have been receiving this error on two separate PCs after a recent upgrade to 7.5. Our version is 7.50g43 (service pack 5). At first we thought it was isolated to one PC now a second PC is having the same error. On the first PC, I ran new network cable, installed a different network card with no help. This PC is Win98, 64MB RAM, 600Mhz. The second PC has 128MB RAM also Win98. I don't believe switching to XP is an option right now. This message has appeared in the payables module on both machines. But it has also appeared in receivables as well. Not in GL or Payroll. I...

Paper settings change for specific printer
I just installed access 2007 and my application uses reports to print labels. Specifically a Dymo turbo 400 and 30252 address labels. when i was using acess 2003 i specified to use a specific printer and everything was great. and when i copied updated FrontEnds to my networked computers every thing transfered and the labels printed fine however with 07 the "Specifc printer" has a different page size.. i fixed all the reports on my master FE but the changes didnt stay when i copied FE to other computers and im not sure where to go. i installed all the printers from the s...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Setting the default font and font size for Excel comments
Hi, Do you know how to set the default font and font size in Excel for the cell 'Comments'? I have looked in Options as well as in the registry to see if I can change the default from Tahoma (size 8) to another (i.e. Arial size 12). Your help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Clint - UK ...

Same Table cannot be the child table in two nexted relations...
I've been setting up a schema with the XML Designer in VS .NET 2003. The designer lets me set up a lot of things including a complex type that contains an unnamed complex type called modified. When I try to preview the dataset, I get an error described as "The same table (modified) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. I've run into this before with a different complex type, and I've changed the name of the instance of the type in the various elements it's used, and the problem goes away. In this case, problem is an unnamed complex type, so it only a...

Can I set SQL mirroring across WAN?
We have a 100 Mb dedicated DR link to another data center. Want to set up a SQL 2008 database to use mirroring from primary to a standby server at the remote data center. I did a ping test and here is the result. ping -n 100 -l 5120 <target IP> Ping statistics for <target IP> Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 99, Lost = 1 (1% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 11ms is the network latency good enough for database mirroring? Does anyone know the min. requirement? Field experience will be fine too....

RMS 2.0 matrix dimensions are annoying, but help is available
For reasons I don't understand, MS saw fit in RMS 2.0 to use dimensions data for matrix components that is far less accessible to users than Sub Descriptions are. For instance, I can't edit assign a dimension value to an existing item I have added to a matrix. I can't see a reason for using Dimensions with limitations like this as using Sub Descs. to describe matrix "dimensions" worked fine previously. Does anyone know why MS did this? It's annoying! Digital Retail Solutions (DRS) has a product called Power Ops (Build 2.2.0003). It's help file mentions (se...

Pivot tables and Macros
I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the drop downs, not change the fields in the table or anything)and print from a pivot table using a macro. So how do I go about doing that? When I set up a macro by recording the actions that I want to do, I always get an error message when I try to run it as a macro. What specific steps are you recording, and what error message do you get? Can you click the Debug button, and see the line of code that is causing the problem? Dust For Eyes wrote: > I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the >...

Pivot Table in Excel
hi, I have a problem using the pivot Table in excel 2000. Earlier the location of the pivot table in excel was pointing to say c:\sales.mdb. Now the location has changed to D:\Sales.mdb. someone please tell me the place to change in the excel to reflect the same. So that upon refreshing the document i can see the latest data. Currently i am getting a error message when i try to refresh, but its not prompting to change to alternative location. If i edit the excel file in a notepad...i can see the location pointing to c:\sales.mdb. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this..expect...

Code about setting Y Axes scale.
I couldn't understand the lines between 35-42, why he thought the dbMinScale after the change is the one he want. What the logic of this code section. Any one who could understand please help me. thanks in advance!:) Private Sub USP_SetYAxesScal(ByVal i_strWSName As String, ByVal i_strChartName As String, Optional ByVal i_intDecimal As Integer = 2) Dim dbMaxScale As Double, dbMinScale As Double, i As Integer, j As Integer Dim xTargetChart As Chart, vTemp() As Variant, blnInit As Boolean, dbMax As Double, dbMin As Double 1 On Error Resume Next 'get max/m...

How to copy aQuery to a new Table?
I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. After two months or so I like, after some new data input, to save the Table into a new Object Table. What is the best way for the Report and Query to follow the new Table whitout recreating the original Report & Query? Thankyou for your comments. I use MS Office Access 2007. Joe T >>I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. Your phrasing is wrong when it comes to the elements of an Access database. A dat...

How do I set up mixed page orientations in Publisher 2003?
I'm trying to create a duplex publication where one side is in portrait and the reverse is in landscape. I've tried looking in the halp and through all the menus but it seems that I can only have one or the other. Can anybody help? Publisher (any version) does not support this. The workaround most frequently offered is to design your landscape page, group the all the objects, then rotate 90 degrees. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "T. Mitchell"...

Report Query in RMS
Is there somewhere that I could get some information as to how the reports in RMS are composed. When you look at the various reports they all seem fairly simple in there basic structure. Are the any examples of how these reports are composed. The //--- Columns ---// iformation seems to be the same in most reports, same as the //--- Title Rows ---//. Setting up the flitters and the TablesQueried I need to understand. I have the schema for 1.2. How do I better understand the following or what do I need to learn. I wish I was in college again and had all the time in the world. //--- Repo...

setting up a book cover?
I've been reading about this, the only directions I could find for doing it is how to set up a book (for pubish on demand, mainly) in WORD. This has a very brief discription of how to to set up the cover design (if one has no choice) in Word. Since I have Publisher (2000) I'm thinking that would be better, of course. I don't have a specific book and cover in mind, just would like to learn to do it. The directions for Word has how to set up the measurments, with extra on the edges for "bleed" and figuring the space for the spine (going by pages in the book...

Setting Text in a ComboBox
Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style CombBox control using SetWindowText()? I was able to change the text in the edit control part of the ComboBox manually. Thanks, Vincent. I don't know why can't you? Post some code. You should be able to m_MyCombo.SetWindowText("The Text"); Ali R. "Vincent Yu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e2b01c3ad48$5309d630$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the > edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style ...