Set up second POS. Urgent!!!

Our company has one set of hardware to run MS RMS for two months so far. It
works well. We want to add second POS now. After I installed RMS to another
PC and connected to the same database, I tried to start this POS. There is an
error as following:
" A software license violation has been detected.
Register 1 is already active"

I think the license we bought is good for two locations.

Really appreciate your help.
0
Tianya (2)
1/4/2005 8:03:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you have already purchased a license for a second register, then you
should be able set up the 2nd register by:

    1. Go into store manager on the working register. Go to
Database>Registers>Register List and create a new register here (you can
call it Register 2 or something).
    2. Now go to the 2nd register and open Store Administrator. In the
configuration menu change the register number to number 2--by default the
register number will be 1, but since 1 is already taken by the first
register this number should be changed to 2.
    3. You will also need to set up another user in PC Charge if you use
this software to process credit cards.

hope this helps,
kamal

p.s. tianya is a pretty name
"Tianya" <Tianya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our company has one set of hardware to run MS RMS for two months so far.
It
> works well. We want to add second POS now. After I installed RMS to
another
> PC and connected to the same database, I tried to start this POS. There is
an
> error as following:
> " A software license violation has been detected.
> Register 1 is already active"
>
> I think the license we bought is good for two locations.
>

> Really appreciate your help.

0
kamal (120)
1/4/2005 9:35:43 PM
Kamal,

Thank you very much.

I configured it as you told. It works!!!!!

Thanks again.

Tianya

"Kamal Hood" wrote:

> If you have already purchased a license for a second register, then you
> should be able set up the 2nd register by:
>
>     1. Go into store manager on the working register. Go to
> Database>Registers>Register List and create a new register here (you can
> call it Register 2 or something).
>     2. Now go to the 2nd register and open Store Administrator. In the
> configuration menu change the register number to number 2--by default the
> register number will be 1, but since 1 is already taken by the first
> register this number should be changed to 2.
>     3. You will also need to set up another user in PC Charge if you use
> this software to process credit cards.
>
> hope this helps,
> kamal
>
> p.s. tianya is a pretty name
> "Tianya" <Tianya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Our company has one set of hardware to run MS RMS for two months so far.
> It
> > works well. We want to add second POS now. After I installed RMS to
> another
> > PC and connected to the same database, I tried to start this POS. There is
> an
> > error as following:
> > " A software license violation has been detected.
> > Register 1 is already active"
> >
> > I think the license we bought is good for two locations.
> >

> > Really appreciate your help.

0
Tianya (2)

Setting up Outlook Profiles automatically
I manage a bunch of computers which different users log onto daily. I'm curious to know if I can setup Outlook to automatically configure the Outlook Profile so I don't have to go to each computer and configure it after the user logs on. Any suggestions? Robert Do you have a Windows domain? If so, might want to consider roaming Windows profiles - will work for Outlook and all other personalized settings. Robert Hoenig wrote: > I manage a bunch of computers which different users log > onto daily. I'm curious to know if I can setup Outlook > to automatically confi...

excel should let me set row amd column maximum sizes
Worksheet size is 65,536 rows by 256 columns. I need one that is 256 rows by 65536 columns (or some where in between) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=441f2d8e-4e4d-49ee-b8d4-5f54b182f23d&...

listview ...setting grid lines
hi all if I set the extended style as list.SetExtendedStyle(LVS_EX_GRIDLINES) then it Displays gridlines around items and subitems. but the problem is even though i have 2 or 3 rows then also it shows gridlines more than 2or 3( here 2 and 3 are number of rows) , that is grid lines are there in full client area. how can i set these to only the number of rows present. sorry for my english with regards Harish "Harish" <harish.k at sify.com> wrote in message news:OjJ2WYv9DHA.1648@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi all > if I set the extended style as > list.SetExtende...

Outlook 2007 and second inbox created
With a recent setup of Outlook 2007 on my home cpu, a second inbox was created, "Inbox in <xxxxxxxx>". All received email goes in this inbox. I setup using IMAP and have gone through multiple setting options, but nothing changes. I only need the primary inbox to work, but it does not. Also, my primary inbox is called personal folders, which I am not accustomed to. How do I switch which inbox my email is received? First you have to explain why a group dedicated to Visual Basic 6 is the right place to ask about this. -- Jim Mack Twisted tees at http://www.c...

Help in programmatically setting formatting in an AppointmentItem
Hi, i have created a macro to generate some meeting invites. I used the WordEditor to set some formatting (Bold on/off, hyperlinks etc). However, i find that the formatting works only partially (or not at all). so far i've noticed that only the first invite generated is perfectly formatted. Can anyone help me out with this? Do i need to add something to the code or set some objects to null to ensure that the formatting stays throughout my outlook session? More info, please: Outlook version, relevant code snippet, more explanation of what you mean by "the first invite...

MCE - TV pauses 3/4 second, play 3/4 second
SYMPTOMS: Watching TV on Media Center - the video (not the audio) pauses 3/4 second, plays 3/4 second, pauses 3/4 second - continuous loop. The bottom 5th of the screen is solid green (a rectangle at the bottom extending to both sides). If I play previously recorded TV in Media Center (from when this wasn't happening), the recording plays perfectly. I recorded a 1/2 hour TV show with Media Center minimized (so it wasn't trying to display it), and I got 1/2 hour of that continuous pausing with the green when I played the recording. I can play DVDs perfectly from...

POS 2009 Live Installs
Can anyone share their experience with POS 2009? Just interested in knowing how it is behaving in a "live" environment. Thanks I have had it from day one and I don’t have much to compare it with except my old POS. I own a book & gift store with lots of Inv. and with SP1 it is much better than what I came from. It does have a few annoying attributes but overall, I am pretty happy with it. My suggestion would be to find a good partner, do some research on them and call them and ask?’S about their knowledge about it. This will make it A MUCH BETTER PRODUCT FOR YOU! T...

delete user define setting
Hi I have previously entered a user defined chart in the custom types in Excel 2002, however, no loger use this and want to delete it in order to use the default setting when pressing "F11" how do i get rid of it? thank in advance Brian -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-chart/200701/1 Select a chart. Go to Chart menu > Chart Type > Custom Types tab. Click User Defined button, select Default under Chart Type, and click Delete button. This resets the default to the original (default) default chart type. - Jon ------- Jon P...

How do I set up an index page that opens other wkshts?
Hi there! I need to set up an index page that will open other pages when a button is selected. How do I create this?? One way: Open the index sheet, record a macro when you select another sheet or open another workbook, Put a command button from the forms toolbar on your index sheet (view>toolbars>form), drag a command button to where you want it, when you release the mouse up pops a window where you can select your recorded macro -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Amie" <Amie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E78E9610-AF9E-41AA-9526-DA6278D4668B@microsof...

How do I set rule "Do not download from server"?
I have just switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. We have a catch all email address so when someone mails to anything@example.com it comes in In express I had a rule that said "If recipiant is joe@example.com do not download from the server" so that I wouldn't pick up someone elses mail, but I could get all the stray mail that came in. When I switched to Outlook 2003 this mail rule did not transfer and there seems to be no option to set it Can someone help? I really need to be able to do this Thanks Chris >In express I had a rule that said "If recipiant is...

How to set default language for all text and object in DOCX file.
I have to review a large DOCX file. This file was translated and the translator left lots of text fields in drawing canvas and other places in wrong language. Is there any possibility how to set in Word all the text to one language? Ctrl+A does not works for all objects. My document must be in German and I have some German text set as Czech or English. -- Regards Jan Kratochvil Windows Vista Business SP2, Office 2007 SP 2 It is much the same process as updating fields in story ranges. The following should work Sub German() Dim oStory As Range For Each oStory In ...

how to set outlook to run at startup?
I can't seem to remember where to set it up to run at startup. I set it on my desktop but not on my laptop. I forgot where to do this, help? Put a shortcut to Outlook in the Start Up folder of the Start Menu -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "ted" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12cd01c43b8f$8c4dd650$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I can't seem to remember where to set it up to run at > startup. I set it on my desktop but no...

Customizing Account Form with second (linked) contact
The standard Acount form as a system-generated Primary Contact entered on the Account Form. However, I now want to link another contact (i.e. a billing contact) to this form. This ought to be possible, but I have not figured out where I can add an additional entry that I can designate as a separate and additional contact beyond the "Primary Contact" that is already there. This second contact is a record in the Contacts entity. I am new at this, but any pointers are appreciated. The help files do not do the job for me. Hi, Relationships option in left panel of Account ent...

ScrollableControl, set position from program
how to set the position with .NET and C# programatically ? thanx Ralf Herrmann wrote: > how to set the position with .NET and C# programatically ? The System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl class has a variety of ways to control scrolling behavior and state, including the AutoScrollPosition property which can be used to set the exact position of the scroll bars. Pete ...

Set Y-Axis max value to cell value without VBA?
I'm working on a home-grown pareto chart in my workbook; the data will change and I'd like to dynamically have the (primary) Y-Axis max match the sum of all values so that that it will synch with the secondary Y-axis which will always have my 0-100% of the total (line). Is there an easy way to force the primary Y-axis to have a maximum value matching a cell in my worksheet? Thanks, Keith You need VBA, but it's not terribly hard. Here's how (my site): http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html and here's a utility that handles the heavy lifting for yo...

how to set mouse focus to first control in a dialog?
When my dialogs first appear, I need to press the mouse button twice - the first time to make the dialog responsive to the mouse, the second to get a response. What do I have to do to avoid the first mouse click? It seems to me the dialog should immediately be responsive to mouse input as soon as it appears. I've tried SetFocus, and GotoDlgCtl but they do not solve the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your time. Ian Do it in OnInitDialog and return FALSE if you want focus on a different control the first control on the dialog. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] aja...

How do I set OOR

Not on File at POS
When you have a not on file at the POS. RMS open a warning message box. It set the focus of this box on the OK button. So if the casshier does not here the beep and scans the next item it will not get added to the sale. The warning box just closes. is there a way to take focus away from the OK button? -- Thank you Terry ...

E-mail set up
I am not a computer person and need specific help on setting up my email again. I had to take my computer into the shop and when I got it back my email was in Windows Live. I'm learning to use it, but it's not what I want - I want my old email back with the butterfly. I need step by step instructions on how to set up my Windows mail since I've been told the other that I had - I cannot have any longer. How do I get all of my addresses back? What a mess!!!! -- Colleen "Colleen" <Colleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D16D8D0...

Setting up columns to show total
I am attempting to do the following in column 1, I want to include an expense and continue adding to the column additonal expenses in column 2 I would like it to show a continuous total of each entry I put into column 1 Could someone please help me setup the proper formula for doing this. -- Thank you in advance for your assistance HankL =SUM(A$1:A1) copy down HTH -- AP "Hank Laskin" <hlaskin@bendnet.com> a �crit dans le message de news: %23V3q7YhlGHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am attempting to do the following > in column 1, I want to include an expense...

Unable to save the print settings
I keep receiving this message when trying to print in Outlook 2007 Unable to save the print settings. Make sure the file c:\Documents and Setting\Admin\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\OutPrnt exists and can be written to. See if the article here helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/253966/en-us "Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4639BBC-05A3-4526-ACC3-0A3E0133BD34@microsoft.com... >I keep receiving this message when trying to print in Outlook 2007 > > Unable to save the print settings. Make sure the file c:\Documents and >...

URGENT: Can't recover because system manger crash!!!
Hi, this night an employee has deleted a public folder, I want to retrieve my backup. (Exchange server 2003) I have create a recovery storage group. Then I right click "add database to recover" and this action cause the system manager to crash!!! No error, except the "send to microsoft" message. What can I do? how can I restore my public folder? Thanks. Jerome. Hi, This article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;824126 says: You can only recover mailbox stores to a Recovery Storage Group. You cannot restore a public folder store to a Reco...

where are the junk email settings stored?
Running Ex2k3+Sp1 with 1600 users. We want to *script* the junk email settings for all the users (who are K12 students). We *cannot* possibly setup 1600 mailboxes individually. Question: Where are the advanced junk email settings for each mailbox stored? They cant be on the local machine becuase they work through OWA so they must either be: a) In the mailbox itself as hidden item b) In AD for the user as specific properties somewhere else I havent thought of? Any ideas. I am quite happy to work out a script to make the appropriate change to AD and/or the mailbox once I know where they a...

Developing POS 2009 add-ins or possible workarounds?
Hello. I am very new to MS Dynamics POS 2009. I am currently using the trial version, so I don't have the full support (planning to upgrade from Intuit POS). I am looking to create add-ins and would like to know where I can get started. I have Visual Basic Express... Do I need POS 2009 SDK or is there a work-around? I do not wish to spend any money since I'm just evaluating the product at this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to do the following: 1. Default to "Work Order" instead of "Sales Transaction" (after every transac...

set a variable to value in a select statement
I know how to do this: SET @total = (SELECT SUM(Salary) FROM Employee) But is it possible to do soemthing like this without 2 separate SET statements?: SET @total, @tipstotal = (SELECT SUM(Salary), SUM(Tips) FROM Employee) If so, how? SELECT @total = SUM(Salary), @tipstotal = SUM(Tips) FROM Employee Tom "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:utAHRun$KHA.5536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I know how to do this: > > SET @total = (SELECT SUM(Salary) FROM Employee) > > But is it possible to do soemthing like this with...