Serialized Kits or Assembly Items? A Functionality Question

Hi there!

We are new to the RMS world, and seem to be stumbling on a key concept. We
want to sell a computer system, built from components in inventory. Naturally
we want to record serial numbers for each item whether it be sold
individually or as part of a system build. Additionally we want the computer
itself to have a serial number. I don't see a way to create a kit that
contains serialized items, and when we make an assembly item the price comes
out wrong. (The computer costs less than the retail price of all the
components.)

Can anyone help out with a strategy or give insight as to what we are
missing? RMS seems to be an excellent application, I just can't seem to find
the functionality.

Regards,
Stephen
0
SMiano (8)
8/10/2006 4:19:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can set a different price than the default price for each component of
the assembly. Go into the assemblies properties. You will see that you can
set a price for each individual component.
Craig
"SMiano" <SMiano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there!
>
> We are new to the RMS world, and seem to be stumbling on a key concept. We
> want to sell a computer system, built from components in inventory.
> Naturally
> we want to record serial numbers for each item whether it be sold
> individually or as part of a system build. Additionally we want the
> computer
> itself to have a serial number. I don't see a way to create a kit that
> contains serialized items, and when we make an assembly item the price
> comes
> out wrong. (The computer costs less than the retail price of all the
> components.)
>
> Can anyone help out with a strategy or give insight as to what we are
> missing? RMS seems to be an excellent application, I just can't seem to
> find
> the functionality.
>
> Regards,
> Stephen

0
craig6967 (916)
8/10/2006 6:05:20 PM
We noticed that, and considered it, but that involves some major editing
every time we have a part or price change. Additionally, assembly items fill
the userws work order with each part, but not the SKU for the actual
computer. :-\

"Craig" wrote:

> You can set a different price than the default price for each component of
> the assembly. Go into the assemblies properties. You will see that you can
> set a price for each individual component.
> Craig
> "SMiano" <SMiano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there!
> >
> > We are new to the RMS world, and seem to be stumbling on a key concept. We
> > want to sell a computer system, built from components in inventory.
> > Naturally
> > we want to record serial numbers for each item whether it be sold
> > individually or as part of a system build. Additionally we want the
> > computer
> > itself to have a serial number. I don't see a way to create a kit that
> > contains serialized items, and when we make an assembly item the price
> > comes
> > out wrong. (The computer costs less than the retail price of all the
> > components.)
> >
> > Can anyone help out with a strategy or give insight as to what we are
> > missing? RMS seems to be an excellent application, I just can't seem to
> > find
> > the functionality.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Stephen

0
SMiano (8)
8/10/2006 6:55:02 PM
I think that an assembly is the best way to do this, but if you prefer a
Kit, how about creating a $0 cost/price serialized item and adding it as
a Tag Along Item to the Kit?

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

SMiano wrote:
> We noticed that, and considered it, but that involves some major editing
> every time we have a part or price change. Additionally, assembly items fill
> the userws work order with each part, but not the SKU for the actual
> computer. :-\
>
> "Craig" wrote:
>
>> You can set a different price than the default price for each component of
>> the assembly. Go into the assemblies properties. You will see that you can
>> set a price for each individual component.
>> Craig
>> "SMiano" <SMiano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi there!
>>>
>>> We are new to the RMS world, and seem to be stumbling on a key concept. We
>>> want to sell a computer system, built from components in inventory.
>>> Naturally
>>> we want to record serial numbers for each item whether it be sold
>>> individually or as part of a system build. Additionally we want the
>>> computer
>>> itself to have a serial number. I don't see a way to create a kit that
>>> contains serialized items, and when we make an assembly item the price
>>> comes
>>> out wrong. (The computer costs less than the retail price of all the
>>> components.)
>>>
>>> Can anyone help out with a strategy or give insight as to what we are
>>> missing? RMS seems to be an excellent application, I just can't seem to
>>> find
>>> the functionality.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Stephen

0
glenn9672 (1267)

Discount all items in a department?
Is it possible to discount all the items in a department (or other specified group) in one go? E.g. I want to discount all our 'media' department by 10% Help. El Presidente, SO Manager --> Wizards menu --> Inventory Wizard --> Task 110 Change Item Price --> Press Next --> Choose the Department --> Press Next, this is where we need to figure out if you are doing a permanent mark down or a sale for a specific period of time. For a Permanent Mark Down: Price change method = Discount from Regular price Percentage = 10% Price to be changed = Regular Sale for a spe...

Office XP Exel
Scenario: User's A,B, C, and D all have access to an excel XLS on a 2003 server. Users A & B have modify rights, users C&D only have read rights. If user A updates the file, the general tab in properties reflect the exact time the file was modified. After user A saves and closes the file, user D goes in. The changes are there, but in the properties general tab, the modify date in an old date (probably the actual creation date). Is this normal ? Any idea's ? ...

Newbie question
'hello, can someone explain in plain English what this formula is actually saying: =IF(C32="FOB",(B28:C28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B19)-B28,(B28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B20)-B28) I understand the C32="FOB", but the rest I don't. I know it is referencing another spreadsheet but don't know what it is looking at?? Thanks bassman Double-click on the cell with the formula and you will see the syntax IF(logical_test, [value_if_true], [value_if_false]) You have a logical text for "FOB" on C32 of active sheet. If True the...

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

Question about clip art, etc
Whenever I use clip art in Publisher or Word (2000) it says to insert the CD (#2) that has it on it. Which I do. Before I reinstalled WINDOWS a few weeks ago, and had to put everything in again, I had the clip art on my computer. So, if I needed something it was right there and I didn't need to keep putting in the CD. I have tried this several times, in Word (mainly, though I use clip art in Publisher too and have that function, using clip art, enabled- after it asked if I wanted to) The CD brings up the install and I click ADD OR REMOVE FEATURES and click on the clip art and "...

Function doesn't run
In my spreadsheet, I have the following function =VLookup(K16, zips, 2) However, instead of returning a result, the function remains in the cell. How do I fix this problem? Format the cell as General and re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Justin" <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote in message news:1165596899.059148.31580@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com... | In my spreadsheet, I have the following function | =VLookup(K16, zips, 2) | However, instead of returning a result, the function remains in the | cell. How do I fix th...

Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to calculate 27 hours of work ? TBol -- To be technically correct, the Duration Equation formula is written as: Duration = Work/(Hours Per Day x Units) You find the Hours Per Day value on the Calendar page of the Options dialog, accessed by clic...

Winfax question before purchase
i dont know where else to place this and there have been alot of posts in here relating to winfax, so here goes: I run a business and all of the time we get customers telling us they faxed something, and we have no record of it. now sometimes they never sent it...sometimes they sent it upside down and we received it blank..sometimes we just lost it. I am thinking that Winfax might be a solution to my problems, but I need to know a few things. A. can I set up winfax so that I plug my fax line into my comp, it receives the fax, and automatically prints it out to my printer (functioning jus...

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Copy Matrix Items
I am afraid I know the answer to this already but here goes- I have a prospective shoe store customer who receives as many as 500 pairs of shoes in a lot. Most of the time 50% or more of these shoes have not been stocked before and they don't know what the shoes will be until they get the lot. Because of the nature of shoes they need the ability to quickly enter in the assorted sizes and colors in a run of Men's, Women's, Children's etc. While the New Item Wizard for a Matrix Item works well the customer would like to not have to enter in the size runs each time since they a...

Adding a button with a function on protected sheets.
How do i add a button to 'reset/clear' the data on a worksheet that is protected and uses VLookup data (from another worksheet). Everyday this table will have data chosen from combo boxes or manually entered in allowable editable fields and at the end of the day after the files is saved, I need to clear that data for use on the next day. How is this Reset button applied with allowable edit ranges, VLookup data and a protected worksheet? Thanks There's several ways to do this. 1. Instead of straight vlookups, use =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....)) wher...

Today Function
how is this function called in the code? I want to use in in an update query that is coded to a button. thanks Hey Dave, I hope I'm understanding what your asking for but I think this is what you are looking for: Today() HTH, Shane Dave wrote: >how is this function called in the code? >I want to use in in an update query that is coded to a button. > >thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1 Well I think it is either Today() or Date() not sure which and not sure how to use it in the code. I ...

"Can't copy the items. You don't have permission ..."
I use OL 2003, latest service pack,etc. My PST file is about 1.2 GB and is Unicode-compatible. Lately Outlook shuts down suddenly without warning, and I have left checked the box to restart Outlook automatically. This is a big annoyance. However, in the last 2-3 days, I'm seeing a new kind of problem. I can't delete or move messages from mail folders. I get the message that is in the subject line, and the balance of this message is: ... to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the folder and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder o...

Highlight color for selected items
How can I find out what color is used for highlighting selected items (for example in Windows Explorer)on a users computer? Normally it is a blue color, but a user can change that. "Urban Olars" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:071c01c3c941$3db2c890$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I find out what color is used for highlighting > selected items (for example in Windows Explorer)on a users > computer? > Normally it is a blue color, but a user can change that. See if it's GetSysColor/COLOR_HIGHLIGHT. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Take a ...

how can I asign printscreen to a function key or key combination?
My key board has no printscreen key. What can I do? That seems unlikely, but it is hardly a Word issue. The PrtScn button is usually a dual function button somewhere on the top row of your keyboard. If it is not then you need to ask the keyboard manufacturer. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

Input mask & Format question
Greetings I use the input mask \(999") "999\-9999 in the Phone field of my table. I wanted the brackets, space and dash stored in the table because the data is imported into other applications. 1234567890 is stored as (123) 456-7890. On one of my forms there is a combobox with fields CustID, CustName, Phone. My problem is how to format the phone number in the cbo. It shows up as 1234567890. Thanks in advance Becky Hi - Set the input mask to \(999") "999\-9999:0 (adding semicolon - zero). This forces the literals to be stored along with the other characters...

deleted items #7
Does anyone know what and how I can view and/or delete the 1129 items my Outlook says I have in my deleted items folder. 1 says unread. Thanks If can see the Deleted Items folder in the folder list, right-clicking on it reveals "Empty Deleted Items folder" If you can't see the folder list, it's under the 'Go' menu in Outlook 2003, and under the 'View' menu in earlier versions You can also empty the Deleted Items folder automatically every time you close Outlook. Tools menu > Options > 'Other' tab. Choose the 'Empty the Deleted Items f...

Sales for Outlook Web Site question
Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it supposed to copy files to \inetpub\wwwroot\ or repoint the Default Web Site to another directory? I am getting errors clicking on the Activities, Accounts, etc. and the "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" button... Yes, it uses Cassini on port 2525. No, files don't need to be copied to inetpub. Mike "Jim Scavuzzo" <NOSPAM-scavuzzoj@ecg-inc.com> wrote in message news:eTbk8jW9DHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it > suppose...

Sum of each grouped item in a report
I have a form that logs time spent on auditing activities for the Internal Auditors in my company. Each time the auditor performs an audit related task, they enter a new record under their name. This means they could have many occurences of the same function. I then created a query/report that breaks down the different auditing activities for each internal auditor. Management has now asked for a report that gives a total for each activity for each internal auditor (example - John Smith: Audit Prep - 2.25, Follow-up - 3.75, Audit - 7.50). I want to figure out how to do this on a rep...

Graph question #2
Hi Folks, Quick query with regards to how data is read by a graph. I have a sheet featuring the number of staff assigned to the call centre at 1/2 hour points throughout the day. This data is stored in a sheet called 'Data' and in cells D17, E17, F17 etc etc. The data within this page is not very well presented as it is run automatically from the system we use here so I have made a more presentable table and graph. For the table for each 1/2 i simply reference the cell in the data page so that all i have to do to update the sheet week by week is paste fresh data in. Using =Data!D17 t...