seperation of POS and RMS

I think that they need to create a new message board and seperate RMS and POS
into 2 different sections.  I purchased POS thinking it had all these
features only to find out later that it was actually RMS that i was reading
about.  Anyone else with me on this?  It'd make it so much easier for
searching, etc.

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On May 14, 7:40 am, ABH Development
<ABHDevelopm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I think that they need to create a new message board and seperate RMS and POS
> into 2 different sections.  I purchased POS thinking it had all these
> features only to find out later that it was actually RMS that i was reading
> about.  Anyone else with me on this?  It'd make it so much easier for
> searching, etc.

I for one, agree it would be a super good idea.

0
vrbobs (9)
5/14/2007 10:33:49 PM
The only problem with it is that there are a lot fewer users of POS so it
would take longer to get answers, if you would get any at all. The power
users on this forum are primarily RMS users and they probably would never
look at a forum dedicated to POS. With the both of them combined you are
more likely to get a good answer in a reasonable amount of time.
Craig

"Bob" <vrbobs@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On May 14, 7:40 am, ABH Development
> <ABHDevelopm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> I think that they need to create a new message board and seperate RMS and
>> POS
>> into 2 different sections.  I purchased POS thinking it had all these
>> features only to find out later that it was actually RMS that i was
>> reading
>> about.  Anyone else with me on this?  It'd make it so much easier for
>> searching, etc.
>
> I for one, agree it would be a super good idea.

0
craig6967 (916)

Query from RMS data
I am trying to create a Pivot table in Excel, using Microsoft Query linking to RMS SQL database. SQL stores the date as Date/Time. It becomes impossible to group in Excel using Pivot Table, by date/time. I want to create a record in Microsoft query using the date field, but convert to Date only as dd/mm/yyyy and retain the format as Date and not as Text. I have tried Left(Date,11) and Convert(VARCHAR,1,101), none of them work. Could someone help me with the correct syntax. Microsoft query does not recognize MID. Thanks I've had a similar problem. The solution I used was to convert ...

MS POS Data vs MS RMS POS Data
Does anyone know whether MS POS v1.0 Data can be "directly" converted to MS RMS Store Operation POS Data? We have a client who been using MS POS but wanting to upgade to MS RMS. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0457_01C6F1E9.F890F000 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mhl, Officially, No. Afshin from Retail Realm says they have something = though. www.retailrealm.co.uk --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgro...

RMS Discounts
We have a loyalty card we would like to scan and have an item come up at zero price point. This would be for tracking purposes. we would then like to apply a 10% discount using apply discount all items at current price.. Works but RMS is adding .01 to our zero priced item?? Discovered it is on the last item. "Max" wrote: > We have a loyalty card we would like to scan and have an item come up at zero > price point. This would be for tracking purposes. we would then like to > apply a 10% discount using apply discount all items at current price.. Works > but RMS...

rms v2
Is there a way of getting SP2 without having a maintenace contract? Not legally. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us www.rite.us "smenit" <smenit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B8EA2C5-7265-420E-8E86-48E792230BF9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way of getting SP2 without having a maintenace contract? If you figure our a way, let me know :) "smenit" <smenit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B8EA2C5-7265-420E-8E86-48E792230BF9@microsoft.com... ...

stored procedure writing directly in RMS
Is there any examples of writing stored procs directly in RMS? For example I have a stored procedure I have written that gets fired off from CR8.5. The stored proc has one section that does an insert into a temp table and at the end of the stored proc does a select of the temp table. Any time within the stored proc when doing an insert the last select does not work. If I do not do an insert within the stored proc everything works as normal. I even tried having my stored proc call another stored proc when it gets done, but because of that insert it has problems. Is there anything w...

POS SOFTWARE
IF ANYONE FINDS A BETTER POS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. i have spent way too much money on hardware, touchscreen, netdisplay adds, handhelds, importing software, mobile pos, web, gift cards to give up pos and start cash registers. if someone finds a good pos for me i will sell them my RMS for $1.OO and price includes maintanence plan. j/k jay ps i think he will do something now !!!!!G Kese ho manoj ji, Hum ko phone karo ap problem solve kar de; do zero nao sat teen shee ek shee sat sat "manoj" <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80FECA9...

Interface RMS with CRM?
Is there any interface capability between these two products? We are a member ship organization that would benefit from CRM but only if it would interface with RMS. For examples, they would need to share customers. Thanks. Hi, If you are interested we can offer a custom interface component for RMS -CRM. Please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Florida Craftsmen" wrote: > Is there any interface capability between these two products? We are a > member ship organization that would benefit from CRM but only if it would > interface with RMS. &g...

POS Error
We're running POS 1.3r using PCCHARGE. In the past month we have received 3 errors while processing either a sale or a return using a credit card. After scanning the card the register displays the following error message: ERROR 2147217871 TIMEOUT EXPIRED (SOURCE MICROSOFT OLE DB PROVIDER FOR SQL SERVER). It then goes on to say (SQL STATE HYT00 NATIVE ERROR 0) NO HELP FILE AVAILABLE. At this point the transaction exits. I've since discovered that the CUSTOMER's record has not been updated to reflect TOTALVISITS or TOTALSALES. Additionally, TENDERTOTALS, TENDERENTRY, and BAT...

Persistent VPN in conjunction with RMS
Hi all, i was wondering if i setup a persistent vpn tunnel to my 3 stores whether this would improve the performance of the HQ comms at all, or would it be a waste of time?? Thanks I'm guessing you'll have higher latency unless your VPN is done from router to router (with plenty of memory) if done a the NIC it will slow it down even more. What kind of lines do you have between each store and the HQ? Its the bandwidth in this case that is as important as the latency. You can test this by pinging each site from the HQ. If you don't know how to use PING.exe let me know. ...

RMS-Import a picture should copy it to storeops/pictures folder
For products in RMS - when you browse to select a picture for that item, if the picture file is not in the storeoperations/pictures folder RMS should copy it to this folder. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

Add items from an external application to RMS transaction grid
Is there a way to add items from an external application to MS RMS transaction grid? I want to add items using windows application or web application to RMS transaction grid. Kindly help how to add from an external application. Thanks for help in advance. You would need an Add-in for RMS to make this happen. If you are yourself not sure how to make this happen, I would consult with your RMS partner, or any of the other partners on this forum, including my company, that specialize in creating customization for RMS. If you are interested in getting an estimate for this work please f...

** 1free add-on for RMS - $95 value
NEW WEST TECHNOLOGIES IS LOOKING FOR YOUR INPUT. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU HAD TO SAY, "CURRENTLY RMS DOES NOT OFFER THAT FEATURE"? WE WANT TO HELP OU EMPOWER YOUR RMS EXPERIENCE BY PROVIDING ADD-ONS. LET US KNOW WHAT ADD-ON WOULD BE THE BEST VALUE FOR YOU, AND WE WILL GIVE YOU THE CASHIER AUTO LOG OUT FOR FREE (CASHIER AUTO LOG OUT ) AFTER A SET PERIOD OF INACTIVITY, THE CASHIER IS LOGGED OFF AND THEN RMS LOCKS, AND RETURNS TO THE LOGIN SCREEN. --- ONLY ONE PER PARTNER OR CUSTOMER; DONGLE SERIAL # REQUIRED Is it a bad thing to give out my Serial #? Thank You, Vince >----...

Seperate Page
I have 12 pages in my newsletter created with Publisher. I want to send page 2 to a friend as a PDF file. How can I send her page 2 without sending the entire 12 pages? Only output the selected pages to the pdf writer (it's in the print dialog) "garnettmcd" <garnettmcd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0B58B6D-802B-4A56-B3F2-B3FF402FAE85@microsoft.com... |I have 12 pages in my newsletter created with Publisher. | I want to send page 2 to a friend as a PDF file. | | How can I send her page 2 without sending the | entire 12 pages? | | | View, clea...

hold any record for return transactions on tender in RMS
Hi all How can I do hold any record for return transactions on tender in RMS thanks ...

Unable to map drive on seperate subnet of Windows 2008 Server
On our current Windows 2003 Server I'm able to map a drive to a shared folder from a workstation from a different subnet. Even if this machine is not a member of the Domain, I can add the servers IP address and machine name to the hosts file. If I have a user account setup on the server I can then pass the username and password credentials when mapping the drive and everything is OK. When migrating to the new server (Windows 2008 R2) I try to do the same thing, it gives me the following error: The network path \\servername\share could not be found. Is there something...

Track by ZIP Code in POS 2009?
I'd like to track my customer sales by ZIP code and later report on sales by ZIP code. I don't want to create a new customer.. just a simple "What is your ZIP Code" will suffice. Here is a module for RMS: http://blog.lanactech.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/LANAC_ZipCode_Flyer.pdf Does something like this exist for POS 2009? Or.. is there another way to implement something like this? Thanks! We are a POS dealer in the NE and have written a Zip Code Add-In for POS 2009. If you are interested please feel free to respond via email...

RMS IRM
Hi I am running WinXP with office 2007 pro. I previously had office 2003 and i use to protect files. Now, when i open a old file with protection on it to edit the file, i click on the developer tab and click unristicted access it prompts me to download a file which i did and it asks me to purchase some irm or something. Is there a way to remove irm as i bought office 2007 and now i cannot edit many files. ...

POS CLosing Balance
Is there anyway to edit the amount entered when you closed for the day? Occasionally I typo and I am off by a few dollars and I want to fix them so my books are right. Run an X Report to verify your balances before running your Z Report. You can edit Closing amounts after they have been entered - just go back to "Enter Closing Amounts" - RMS will warn you that amounts have already been entered, but it will allow you to overwrite them. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT r...

RMS on a Domain
After successfully setting up a StoreOPts on a XPPro machine we now are ready to switch over to running on a Domain so we can use existing company Sql2000 server. We now get an error running RMS unless we login to domain as a user with admin.privilages. We need to have both Mgr and Cashiers as 'non-admins' logins. I think you can have domain logins that are less than administrator, but the domain account must be added to the admin group on the local machine. HTH, Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "NcS" wrote: > After successfully setting up a StoreOPts on a XPPro...

RMS Migration Tools?
Does anyone know of any tools to migrate data into Microsoft RMS? I need to do a onetime migration from csv files into RMS. Any help on this would be great. QSCIMP.EXE Does this. It will import directly from a CSV into the DB <steve@sequenzia.com> wrote in message news:953cb9c6-fa52-4007-bd12-971f7d14d1c4@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know of any tools to migrate data into Microsoft RMS? I > need to do a onetime migration from csv files into RMS. Any help on > this would be great. ...

The best ERP software for RMS?
I've been researching this a little and am stumped. Quickbooks works great with SO, but sux with HQ. Great Plains works great with HQ, but only at the G/L level, right? The most important thing for me is that I get POs created in RMS sync'd up with "head quarters." that is, the A/P clerk in his cubicle, needs to be able to pay the bills for three different stores without traveling outside the box, literally. I suppose one way is to get QB for each store and a QB-HQ??? Does that exist? Ideally, someone would have written a way to import POs from HQ to Quickbooks so that...

Macros at POS
How far can you take the macro feature? If for example i want to discount an item by a set amount or by a percentage for customers who have a voucher, could i set up a macro which would find and discount an item in a transaction? or is this asking too much? Yes, that's too much for a macro. You can do it with a COM add-in ,or have it done or look into an existing discount or promotion add-in. Macros can only emulate keystrokes or mouse clicks - there is no way to include IF..THEN logic. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------...

POS Error
Our client a large supermarke chain has been having problems with rms 1.2 running at their point of sale tills. On some tills they have been getting an error " SOPOUSR.exe has encountered an error an will shut down" THe application then promptly restarts and this has severely hindered their sales activity.Anyone with an idea of why this is happening? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0101_01C826B8.91E21550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable KK, Sounds like something is corrupt. Cou...

RMS POS 2.0 SP1 fails to install
We are running RMS 2.0, and when I tried to install POS SP1 I get the following error" The expected version of the product was not found on your system" I have searched kb and found nothing that may address this. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Sounds like you got the wrong service pack. POS is a different product. You need RMS 2.0 Service Pack 1. Marc "Davidjc52" <Davidjc52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE74C3F9-0CF6-4693-889C-8CD301CA691F@microsoft.com... > We are running RMS 2.0, and when I tried to install POS SP1 I get the &g...

RMS 2.0 Item Price changing to 0.00 when invoicing after installing SP1
I just upgraded my shop to SP1 and now some Workorders are having the item price changing to $0.00 after you start tendering the order. If you cancel out of the tender and change the price, give an override reason code and then tender again it works OK. This is not happening for all Workorders. Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions? Thanks, TomT I have this problem also since installing SP1. This also happens if the WO is changed by adding a line item or changing the shipping address. Also, the line item prices of any RTD items have changed showing that they were priced at a d...