Send to ip address

Is there a way to send the journal entries (receipt copy) to an ip address?
I'm trying to integrate into the cctv system (security cameras) which accepts
the data via an ip address / port #5111. I would like to do it with the
software rather than have more hardware (serial tap onto printer).
Thanks Robert
0
Orbyog (2)
4/3/2008 4:49:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I am trying to do that same thing but I am trying to make it work thru a 2nd
printer that wont be there.

"Orbyog" wrote:

> Is there a way to send the journal entries (receipt copy) to an ip address?
> I'm trying to integrate into the cctv system (security cameras) which accepts
> the data via an ip address / port #5111. I would like to do it with the
> software rather than have more hardware (serial tap onto printer).
> Thanks Robert
0
DougPicNPac (141)
4/3/2008 9:28:01 PM
The trouble you will have with no printer (or pole display) attached is the
RMS software requires a hardware handshake eg: Xon/Xoff, so the DVR will have
to have a driver for that. Tapping into the printer is rather easy, my
situation is there are 14 registers which are aprox 250ft away from the
server room.

"Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote:

> I am trying to do that same thing but I am trying to make it work thru a 2nd
> printer that wont be there.
>

> "Orbyog" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to send the journal entries (receipt copy) to an ip address?
> > I'm trying to integrate into the cctv system (security cameras) which accepts
> > the data via an ip address / port #5111. I would like to do it with the
> > software rather than have more hardware (serial tap onto printer).
> > Thanks Robert
0
Orbyog (2)

Error Code 2046 when sending emails.
Hi I have an Access 2003 database which is used to maintain membership records for a charity. On a member's record there is a button which sends an email to the member. On my new computer I have windows 7 home premium and I am using Windows Live email linked to my ISP. This worked fine on my old computer with Windows XP and Outlook Express. When I click on the button I now get the message Error Code 2046 The Command or Action SendObject isn't available now. The code is: Private Sub btnEMail_Click() Dim vMessage As String On Error GoTo ErrorCode ...

Address book shows LDAP style entries
Hello, This may be standard, but when I go into my address book (Tools > Address Book) to look at the Global Address list, the e-mail addresses are listed LDAP style (OU=MyCompany/, etc.). Is there a way to display these as user@mycompany.com (SMTP) formatted addresses? Thanks! Jeff ...

Forward to another SMTP address
We have our users in our domain XYZ.com with SMTP XYZ.com that wants their email forwarded to their other email accounts - like Yahoo, MSN, or other domains -- HOW do I setup the user's properties to do this? Thanks. Why not use OWA? Why forward to other email accounts? >-----Original Message----- >We have our users in our domain XYZ.com with SMTP XYZ.com that wants their >email forwarded to their other email accounts - like Yahoo, MSN, or other >domains -- HOW do I setup the user's properties to do this? Thanks. > > >. > "JD" <jd@mail.co...

Send as dist. list?
Hi, I'm attempting to allow a group of users to send mail out as a distribution group and having some issues. Basically I'm finding that if I give an individual user account full control on the security tab of a dist list that they can't send, but if I add that same user to the domain admins group that they are then able to send as the list. What additional rights could possibly be needed to get this to work without making the user a domain admin (done in test environment obviously). I was under the impression that all the user account needed was 'send as' but t...

Can I edit email after running spellcheck (before sending it)?
Does Outlook have the option to return to writing or editing an email after running spellcheck and before sending the email? It seems to send the email automatically after running spellcheck. Is there an option or override to prevent this? How are you invoking spell-check? Neither the spell-check button (abc), nor F7 sends the message after spell-checking it. Pressing "send" of course, will, as will alt+s. "mom1227" wrote: > Does Outlook have the option to return to writing or editing an email after > running spellcheck and before sending the email? It seems...

Populating Addresses from Account to Quote
Our sales team uses the general address in the accounts to both shipping and billing addresses for quotes. Is there a way to populate the billing address and shipping address automatically in quotes with the account it has been associated with when the quote is created. Thak you Kal There is a "Lookup Address" button that allows to easily pull in an address from the Account and update the address fields in the Quote. There is not an automatic way to do this at this time. Jason Hunt Invoke Systems This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no...

How can I eliminate old addresses in the drop down on To:line
When I begin to fill out the To: line after I type the first letter, every email address I've ever sent with that letter appears in a drop down box. How do I get rid of some of them but not all of them? Any advice is appreciated. use the arrow key to select it then press Del. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-ti...

AD New User Creation Does Not Automatically Create Email Address
My AD is controlled is also my Exchange server and previously when I created a new account it would also create a mailbox and email address for the new user. Now the new account creation creates an AD user and mailbox but does not populate the email address for either smtp or x400. Also is does not put the new user into the exchange address book. Can anyone help Sounds like a RUS problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;288807 >-----Original Message----- >My AD is controlled is also my Exchange server and previously when I >created a new account it would...

CDO (html) sends to external emails, but not internally?
SBS 2003 Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2000 I have some ASP code to send HTML body emails to users inside and outside of our network. They seem to work fine when it comes to sending to the external emails, but when it is sending to our own domain (internally) they don't ever come through? Can anybody help? ...

OUTLOOK (2007) won't send to multiple addresses
Vista. I'm trying to "reply all" to a group of about 40 addresses. The message gets stuck in the outbox. If I "reply all" but substitute a single email address, it goes with no problem. Is there some kind of limit, restriction or otherwise that affects messages? Thank you. The limit is set by your ISP/Mail Server. Contact them to find out what your limit is. "its_my_dime" <its_my_dime@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:urv87qDcJHA.4124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... : Vista. : : I'm trying to "reply all" to a group of about 40 address...

exchange 2003 trying to send as the email address assigned to a public folder. I have given my users group send as rights on that public folder yet continue to get this error. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=inteligro:SERVER any ideas where to look? ...

outlook express hangs up when sending mail
HELP!!! whenever i use outlook express to send mail-it hangs up after the mail is sent. i have to close it with control alt-del-and then reopen it. i have ie 6.0 so i have the latest version of outlook x. the computer does not hang up-and ie does not hang up. just outlook. i also have the latest norton anti virus and i have no viruses. can anyone help me????? Easy one Ken. Just go to Tools > Options then click on Connection tab Uncheck "hang up after sending and receiving." >-----Original Message----- >HELP!!! >whenever i use outlook express to send mail-it hangs up ...

I can see, but not send, synced mail from my MobileMe account.
Hi! I receive the following error message when I try to send an email: The connection to the server has failed. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: test' Server: 'smtp.mac.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 MobileMe is my email provider. My email address actually ends with a ".mac" and not ".me". I am syncing from my home desktop computer. I will appreciate any help or guidance you can give. Thanks! IMAP Incoming 993, SSL = Yes Outgoing 587, ...

send behalf
When i send behalf of a mailadres, my own name apear on the mail of the receiver. i send behalf info@company.com but myname@company.com apears. I dont want them to see my name. How can i set it up so my name won't apear?? You can't set that up. Ask the Exchange administrator if your myname = account can be granted Send As permission on the info mailbox.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and D...

Using multiple SMTP email addresses
How can I determine which email address an email was sent to (short of manually looking at the headers of the email)? I have multiple SMTP addresses associated with my AD account, and I want to set up rules in Outlook based on which address an email was sent to, but all Outlook seems to see is my default smtp address. This behavior is "by design". When Exchange 200x receives a message via SMTP is resolves it to an object in AD and rewrites the To: address to that of the primary SMTP address of the object that the message is destined for. "Josh Rolfe" <some...

Sending mail to many users using the to-field.
Hi I am using outlook2003/2007 and exchange server 2003/2007. All users getting the mail sees all other users in the to-field. Is it possible to hide other recipients without using the bcc? Tor-Magne Other than using the BCC field you can try using a mass mail tool to send individual items to each of the recipients like the ones shown here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/massmail.asp "Tor-Magne" <tttms@online.no> wrote in message news:uku9uHTVJHA.1788@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using outlook2003/2007 and exchange server 2003/2007. > All users g...

Address syncrhonisation between different Ex versions?
We are running Ex2003Sp1. We have an associated agency that is running Ex2k. Users in each organisation want to see the contact addresses from the other organisation in the GAL. We have no need to exchange any other information (ie public folders). We have major filewall constraints between us that makes the simplest transport mechnism to get approval for SMTP (as we already let it through). What is the simplest way to sync address info between the Orgs? I used Interorg in an early incarnation between Ex55. sites years ago but I have no experience of it since then. Most of the tech info I can...

OL keeps trying to use old mail server for address lookups.
We have recently upgraded to Exchange2003 from Exchang5.5. Actually, upgrade is the wrong word. We installed a new Exchange2003 server and turned off the old Exchange5.5 server. I have set OutlookXP to use the new mail server (which has a new name on the network) and it is working fine for sending and receiving mail. But, if you enter a name rather than an email address in the To: section, outlook trys to lookup the name in the old mail server (called MAILSVR) instead of the new mail server (called MAIL). After it times out looking for the old mail server, it than looks up the ...

Exchange Address Boo
Exchange Address Book In our environment we're running 3 email systems. One is MS Exchange and the other two are Postfix. The Postfix mail systems use OpenLDAP for address book information. I would like to import contacts from OpenLDAP to Active Directory, so users can see contact information from the OpenLDAP directory in Outlook. What would be the best way to do this? Should I try to import contacts through ESM, ADSI, etc? Any information/ideas is/are appreciated. Best, Use LDIFDE or CSVDE command. Following KB has steps for same... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237677 -...

Stopping the Harvesting of Email Addresses
This must be an issue from time immemorial - well as far back as the original web pages of the last century. But what are the best ways to stop email addresses being harvested - and therefore sold for spamming - from: 1/ the text of a web page, and 2/ the source HTML. This was 'solved' in a rather inelegant fashion as per this page: http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/geoff.rodliffe - then click on 'Author' That is with the use of " AT " in place of the usual "@" But this is a fudge. I found one web site with another idea at: http://www.re...

Import a CSV file into global address book
How would I import a CSV file into the Global Address book. Which version of Exchange? 5.5 - Directory Import 2000/2003 - CSVDE to import and create the objects in Active Directory. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Dave" <ddunaway@krauss-maffeicorp.com> wrote in message news:1128437068.393726.18590@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How would I import a CSV file into the Global Address book. > 2003 As Ben said, you would use csvde like the following: csvde -i -f filetoImport.csv The file is a comma separated list of attributes with the first row bein...

Global Address List Issues. #2
Hello everyone. I have yet another question. This is a good one. I have set up a dummy Exchange account so that I could share the address book that belongs to it. This makes it so that I can have a company Contacts Database from which everyone in the company can e-mail from. This is the issue. When I am sending a new message, and I hit the To button, I want this list to come up as e-mail recipient options. Can this be done? If so, what is the best way to accomplish this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. -- darylakagod A public folder would be a bette...

Deleting the Global Address book
I know this is a dumb question but.... how do I delete the whole entire Global address book. The one that we here was set up and all the contacts are wrong and making customers really upset. I then need to rebuild it any tips.... -- Ever Learning Net Admin In ESM go to Recipients | All Global Address Lists and delete the Default Global Address List. If you want to delete individual Contacts/Users, you can do that from AD Users & Computers. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Randaddyz" <Randaddyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

lookup an address in a worksheet
Hi!! I hope I can do this because it would make my job so much easier. I have 6 workbooks. One workbook has a list of new clients on it (I'll call that file Gains) the other 5 have potential clients (I'll call those files PC1, PC2, PC3,etc). I would like to put a formula in the workbooks named PC that would match the address that is in file PC to the address in file Gains. The address in PC is in column D and in column H on the Gains file. I would like to have the customer number come back as the result of the formula, the customer's number is located in the Gains fi...

Sending Direct E-mail to Accounts. What happens? CRM v.12
Hello, I have created a view to select specific people from 'Contracts'. When using this view I can click on 'Actions' and select 'send direct e-mail...'. This works perfectly. Every contact will be sent the message. What happens when I do the same thing from 'Accounts'? I have tried and but nothing seems to happen. Is this because Accounts do not have a field for e-mail address? I was hoping that all contacts belonging to these select accounts would get an e-mail. But this does not seem to happen. I then thought that maybe only the primary contact migh...