Sell at One Location, Deliver from Another Location

For a multi-store retailer, is there any way in RMS to sell a product at one
location, then deliver it from another one?  For example, say a retailer has
two stores, which includes two Store Operations licenses (one at each store)
along with Headquarters.  A sale is made at store 1, but the product is only
in stock at the store 2.  Is there a way in RMS (with HQ) to sell the product
at store 1 but deliver it to the customer at store 2?

I realize that this can be done via a stock transfer (to move the product
from store 2 to store 1 after the fact), but this requires an additional
manual transaction that is often forgotten about.  Then the inventory totals
at both stores are off, since the product was shown as being delivered from
store 1 when in fact it was never there.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

0
jrnork (5)
9/13/2006 9:20:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There are add-ins out there, but out of the box you can't do it.

We have a similar problem.  Our solution is the 'Ghost Transfer'.  This is a
logical transfer only - an Inter-Store transfer order from the Delivering
Store to the Selling Store.  If you allow the Selling Store to oversell the
item, you can give the customer a receipt at the time of purchase, then have
a manager create the 'Ghost Transfer' (we use GOMMDDYY for the order #,
though you could easily substitute telephone # or last name for the date).
If the delivery guys need a copy of the original receipt, you can fax a copy,
e-mail a .pdf (if you need a free .pdf utility, I like PrimoPDF) or look into
IP Printing.

One thing is certain - there is no simple answer.

Tom

"John N" wrote:

> For a multi-store retailer, is there any way in RMS to sell a product at one
> location, then deliver it from another one?  For example, say a retailer has
> two stores, which includes two Store Operations licenses (one at each store)
> along with Headquarters.  A sale is made at store 1, but the product is only
> in stock at the store 2.  Is there a way in RMS (with HQ) to sell the product
> at store 1 but deliver it to the customer at store 2?
>
> I realize that this can be done via a stock transfer (to move the product
> from store 2 to store 1 after the fact), but this requires an additional
> manual transaction that is often forgotten about.  Then the inventory totals
> at both stores are off, since the product was shown as being delivered from
> store 1 when in fact it was never there.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer.

0
tomg2938 (389)
9/14/2006 4:09:02 PM
I believe Retail Realm's Mulitlocation module allows this. Check w/ the
vendor for sure though. We just implemented this module and it looks pretty
good. Wish it named its locations rather than assigned numbers to them.

Richard

"John N" wrote:

> For a multi-store retailer, is there any way in RMS to sell a product at one
> location, then deliver it from another one?  For example, say a retailer has
> two stores, which includes two Store Operations licenses (one at each store)
> along with Headquarters.  A sale is made at store 1, but the product is only
> in stock at the store 2.  Is there a way in RMS (with HQ) to sell the product
> at store 1 but deliver it to the customer at store 2?
>
> I realize that this can be done via a stock transfer (to move the product
> from store 2 to store 1 after the fact), but this requires an additional
> manual transaction that is often forgotten about.  Then the inventory totals
> at both stores are off, since the product was shown as being delivered from
> store 1 when in fact it was never there.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer.

0
Richard853 (481)

Location Problems
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3341044021_621533 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit When I look inside my Entourage 2008 Identities folder and open the database located inside each of 3 different ones, what opens does not match the Identity that I am actually using, i.e., none of them is updated to the latest content. I don�t understand how that can be. The reason I ask is that one of my methods of backing up Ento...

Restore Information store to another exchange server
Dear All, I having a problem try to restore a mailstore from one exchange(first) server into another exchange(second), I can manage to restore from backup and mount it up at second exchange server. The problem is how can I change those users mailbox point to the second server and let all users connect to it. Thanks All u Guys Sky On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 06:47:03 -0800, Sky <Sky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear All, > >I having a problem try to restore a mailstore from one exchange(first) >server into another exchange(second), I can manage to restore from backup a...

referencing a cell determined by name in another cell
How do I reference a cell within a formula based on the contents of another cell? For example if one cell contained a reference/address for a column array, how could I refer to this cell (and hence the column array) within the vlookup function instead of having to put in the actual table array. In other words an external way of changing the table array rather than going into the formula. VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup) Hi use INDIRECT for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ricardo wants answers" <ricardo wants answers@discussion...

Filing email to a centralized location
Hi Guys, I have recently been asked to develop a filing system for my company (it is relatively small, old and terminally afraid on none-paper documents). I have had no problems setting up a centralized filing system for electronic documents, but am completely stumped at setting up a centralised filing system for email. As things currently stand 5 people will be working on a project with their own email stored in their own archieve; inaccessible to anyone else. This leads to replicated work, storage and confusion! I have found some plug-ins which enable emails to be managed...

All mail changes to Read, after one is read (2nd posting)
I have posted this before with no replies: One of our users on Win 2000, Outlook 2000 has a sudden problem: If he gets several new emails, all of which show up in Bold, if he reads any one of them all of the others change from bold to normal, so he can't tell which ones he has really read, other than re-reading them all. This never happened until yesterday. He has not changed his PC in any way, no new hardware or software. I totally uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000 on this PC today. For about an hour he was able to read an email without the others changing to read, then sudd...

Displaying data from another (non-CRM) database in CRM
Using CRM 1.xand moving to 3.0 asap. Also quite a newbie here so ... be gentle please! :-) I have a test deployment of CRM running on a test SBS2003 Premium. I'm playing with the form layouts and ideally would like to display one/two fields from another non-CRM SQL database within the contact records. The data from the other database is transactional. I'm wanting to display a count of transactions and a total transaction amount (e.g. 20 items, value 30.25) within the contact record. Ideally this would update each time the record is viewed. I'm not sure how to program this ...

Modify many row cell (header) to one column
I have a report that have 100 or so row header values - I would like to take each row header (text) and move them to one column. Example, I want to move B1 to A2, C1 to A3, D to A 4, so on and so forth... any easy solution for this? Thanks How about Copy followed by Edit |Pate Special - Transpose? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "darby" <darby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B55ED14E-7AAC-4957-8CB5-05B5B8C591B1@microsoft.com... >I have a report that have 100 or so row header values - I would like to >take...

Highlight multiple cells (one column) that are less than today's date
Hello, I have a column of dates that needs to be compared current date and highlighted if the date is less that today's date. The dates were populated in a general non-specific format (below) and vary in length. My plan was to create a macro, that uses conditional formatting to say; if the cell date is less than today's date highlight it yellow. I am not finding this to be an easy task! Anyhow, after creating the conditional formatting; I apply it the column by using a past special, then lastly apply a format to the entire column of dates as DATE "*3/14/2001". What hap...

How to reconcile two deposits against one transaction in M04?
I received ONE cheque for multiple expense category my employer but there were TWO deposits against my account (totals add up to the cheque amount). When I download transactions from my bank, I receive two transactions for reconciliation. How do I match these two transactions to one cheque transactions? Masai In microsoft.public.money, masai wrote: >I received ONE cheque for multiple expense category my employer but there >were TWO deposits against my account (totals add up to the cheque amount). >When I download transactions from my bank, I receive two transactions for >reco...

one Form only displays the Details Background
Hi; Using A2K Package/Deploy. On two computers; one Form only displays the Details Background. (Format>AutoFormat>Sumi Painting) Not a single Control is showing. The Record Selector does display but it doesn't cycle. No Numbers show in/on the Record Selector. The Form is set to Modal = Yes Recently the AutoFormat on my machine stopped working. Followed Microsoft's "Remedies". Re-Registered two dlls and then Re-Installed Office Pro. Has anyone Encountered and Overcame this foul up? Thank You for taking the time to read this Post. Andy ...

Tape Backup Job Failing on One Job ID: 3311
My weekend tape job has been failing for one server as well as the DPMdb backup for that server. See the two events below: Event Type: Error Event Source: DPM-EM Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 2/28/2010 Time: 2:53:08 AM User: N/A Computer: dpmservername Description: The back up to tape job failed for the following reason: (ID: 3311) Failed to perform the operation since the tape free tape is not available in Stand Alone Drive Tape Library Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-3 drive (ID: 24050) DPM ID: 4^|^dpmservername^|^Backup to tape failed^|^DPM^|^Tape^|^dpmser...

How do I list processes on a remote machine, and kill the one I don't want
Hi, Most google search results say to use System.Diagnostics and use the Process.GetProcess() methods. This seems to work quite nicely on my own machine, but isn't working at all on the remote machine in question. One result link, http://www.techtalkz.com/c-c-sharp/147085-remote-process-getprocesses-sessionid.html, said to use System.Management in the WMI (I think). Which method should be used? The respondent, in the link above, of course thinks that using System.Management is the way to do it. He sites that the GetProcesses() method is full of bugs or something like that....

Drag & Drop one special case
hi, In my doc/view application there is one MFC tree control(Not custom i.e.not derived from CTreeCtrl) which is created dynamically in the program. Now my application is precisely big and running fine as it is. But now there is one new requirement to add drag drop file names in tree control nodes. My Requiremens: 1. Drag & drop should only handled by Tree control. 2. It shows all effect while hovering mouse on tree control(i.e. item selection while moving mouse). My Problems : 1. I cant make the tree control custom. i.e. I cant derive it from CTreeCtrl as all my working...

Move transaction to another person
A cashier rung in a transaction under the wrong customer. Since we have warranty for these items - would like to be able to sql the transaction # to the proper customer. OR is it simpler to refund and resale! I have several of these to do unfortunately... Thanks Dan We return and resell. The downside is that it messes with the sale dates. "Dan-902" wrote: > A cashier rung in a transaction under the wrong customer. Since we have > warranty for these items - would like to be able to sql the transaction # to > the proper customer. OR is it simple...

conditional formatting based on the value of another cell
I want to apply a conditional format to a cell based on the value of another cell having nothing to do with the value of the cell I want the format to effect. for example - if the value in cell m5<0 i want cell a5 to be italic (regardless of the value in a5) You need to use the CF/ Formula Is ... option, rather than CF/ Cell Value Is .... then you can use Formula Is =M5<0 -- David Biddulph "bwilde" <bwilde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCFB6361-8468-48B6-AB77-A628D692E5C0@microsoft.com... >I want to apply a conditional format to...

conditional format code based on lookup from another tab
Hi All, I'm wondering if it's possible to create vba code using conditional format principles with the source data on another tab. I have a separate tab for each store that lists it's personnel and their ratings. I have then summarised all of this info on another sheet using vlookup. I would like this final spreadsheet to colour code each cell according to their rating i.e. Position Store1 Store2 Store3 etc Manager Bob (red) Carol (blue) Ted (yellow) Meat Mgr Alice (blue) Bakery Mgr Can I incorpora...

Another silly question
I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, Office Pro 2007. I used to be able to select certain items in an email (Outlook) to print because I would eliminate all of the lines not necessary for the info I need for a hard copy. How can I highlight what I need to print? Where in the world is the "print selection" option now? Ace <acefarm@hawaii.rr.com> wrote: > I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, Office Pro 2007. I used to be > able to select certain items in an email (Outlook) to print because > I would eliminate all of the lines not necessary for the info I need &...

Some Emails Not Being Delivered
Email arrives into exchange When I track it's movements using Exchange System Manager, in Message History, I find that it shows SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advance Queue SMTP: Message submitted to Categorizer That is as far as it gets. I have seen some postings showing the same problem, but I have not found one with a resolution. It would appear that most emails get through, but some result in this. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated. Regards Dave Thanks Chad, I'll let you know how I get on. Dave >...

dates get corrupted when copied to another workbook
I copy a worksheet in a workbook to a new workbook, a date of 10/13/03 becomes 10/22/99, off by 4 years and a day. A cell by cell copy has the same resuly. Never seen that before. I am using excel xp anyone seen this before?? One workbook was using a base year of 1900 and the other was using 1904. (tools|options|calculation tab|1904 date system) One way to add those four years back is to find an empty cell, put 1462 into that cell. Copy that cell. Select your range that contains the dates. Edit|PasteSpecial|click Add (in the operation box). You may have to reformat the cell as a date ...

why do dates change on graphs when emailing to another person
Who knows with such an ambiguous problem statement? How are the dates changing? If the difference is 4 years and 1 day, it's because the users have a different Date system selected (Tools/Options/Calculation). It could be that there's a NOW() or TODAY() function (or some other volatile function such as RAND()) in the data range. It could be that there's a macro operating. It could be user intervention. Does it happen with all users? Do you have any automacros or event macros in the workbook? Do you have any volatile functions in the data range? In article <AB891CD3-6...

Two formulas in one cell?
Hi all, Is it possible to have two formulas in one cell? For example, here's what I'm trying to do: If cell A1 has the word HORSE in it, I want the formula in A2 to be x + z If cell A1 has the word PIG in it, I want the formula in A2 to be x * z Anyone know if that's possible? Many thanks, Matt. If the lower upper case does not matter =IF(A1="horse",x+z,IF(A1="pig",x*z,"")) if it matters =IF(--EXACT(A1,"HORSE")=1,x+z,IF(--EXACT(A1,"PIG")=1,x*z,"")) or =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("HORSE",A1)),x+z,IF(ISNUMBER(F...

Shared Workbook is "in use by another user"
I created a shared workbook and today I am unable to open it as it is "in use by another user" and it is "locked for editing." This shouldn't happen if it's shared, should it? I can open it as read-only, but that defeats the purpose of having a shared document. What might make this happen and how can I fix it? (The workbook is a basic scheduling tool for staff to type when they leave the office, why, and when they will be back. I anticipate that most of the folks will open the file, enter their data, save, and close. Two-four of use might keep it op...

Use one routine for several events
I'd like to set a flag called "bEditing" (Dim as Boolean) whenever the user has entered (called the Enter event) on any of the edit boxes on my form. Similarly I'd like to set "bEditing" to False when the Leave event is called on any edit box. Currently I'm having to set a separate sub-routine for each event for each edit box. Is there a way to pool them? You could do with Visual C++ 6.0 by manually editing the message map, and most other languages so I expect there's away to do it in VB! Using VB 2003.NET Thanks! Alain Alain Dek...

How can i move AD users from a domain to another?
Hi, I have a windows 2000 domain in mixed mode. Also Exchange 2003 SP1. I just created a windows subdomain on a windows 2003 server. When i create a user in the subdomain it creates the exchange mailbox and works fine. But i'd like to move some users from the windows domain to the windows subdomain without creating the mailboxes again (first exporting them to PST and importing them later over the new ones) Is that possible? thanks a lot Alex On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:19:01 -0700, "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a windows 2000 do...

count unique values in one column for a set value in another col.
I am trying to count how many unique values (text) I have in one column, for the row cases where a particular value exists in another column. Perhaps some combination of Frequency function with Countif or Sumproduct...? With A1:B10 containing Ref______Code 1000_____AAA 1000_____BBB 1000_____AAA 2000_____BBB 2000_____AAA 3000_____DDD 4000_____AAA and... D1: a code to find unique values for....eg AAA This regular formula returns the count of unique Refs where Code=AAA =SUMPRODUCT(--(FREQUENCY((B1:B10=D1)*MATCH(A1:A10&"_",A1:A10&"_",0),(B1:B10=...