Seeking RMS/QB Accounting Pro

Can anyone recommend an accountant in the Portland Oregon
area who is familiar with RMS and Quickbooks?
0
anonymous (74722)
11/16/2004 12:04:30 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I know somebody in medford.

"Jami B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend an accountant in the Portland Oregon
> area who is familiar with RMS and Quickbooks?

0
Rick5747 (287)

Flexible Spending Account
Does anyone have a good way to setup a Flexible Spending Account (FSA or IRS 125 plan). For example I have $20 deducted from my paycheck each week and it goes to my FSA. As I incur medical costs I can get the money from my FSA. This is all pre-tax money. I setup an FSA as an account and it fills with $20 each paycheck. However I pay my medical expenses with checks and credit cards. How should this be done in Money to track my medical expenses properly? What should I have Money do with the FSA money? Thanks, Greg in New Hampshire There's no one right answer. I, too, have a cas...

Sending from multiple accounts #3
I have two email accounts, one is POP3 (lets call this Account 1) and the other a MAPI (e.g. Accout 2). My default accout is the POP3. When I download email, the received emails go into the correct folders, that is to say Account 1 email goes in the Busines Folders Inbox and Account 2 mail goes in the Account 2 Inbox folder. No problem there, it works as expect. This issues is this: If I write an email on Account 2 and just click send (remember, account 1 is the POP3 account is default) the email is received as coming from Account 1. If they reply, it comes back to me as an email sent to...

Time Clock in RMS
We use the time clock feature in RMS and are, for the most part, happy with the results. Some of the issues we have with it are: We really do not want to give all employees that "punch the clock" the ability to sign on to POS but that seems to be a neccessity to use this feature. We would like to be able to attach a message to an employee that will pop-up when that employee attempts to punch in. Messages such as "see store manager when you arrive" or "W4 is due today" would be very helpful in communicating with each employee. Does anyone make a time cloc...

Transfers between accounts in Money 2002.
I need to transfer money from an investment account to a checking account. When I try to initiate the transfer, the drop down list to the "to" account includes only all the other investment accounts. No cash accounts are listed. Similarly, when trying to transfer money from a cash account to an investment account the drop down "to" list is all the cash and checking accounts with no investment accounts listed. Am I trying to do something that is not possible in Money? John134 You can transfer investments between investment accounts. You can transfer cash between ...

Added a email account to outlook, says inbox is empty????
I have 2 hotmail accounts, I added them both to outlook, but only one is showing any messages, the other says it's empty, but I know it's not. Passwords, spelling etc are correct. Any ideas Nope! You have provided absolutely zero information upon which to form an idea. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, hregan asked: | I have 2 hotmail accounts, I added them both to outlook, but only one | is showing any ...

Pulling email in from 3 Shared Pop3 Accounts
I am setting up Exchange 2003 to replace an exisiting in-house Email serverthat can handle multiple email Domains.The existing mail server pulls email in from 3 shared pop3 accounts from 3 different ISP's. Each POP3 account is the email for a different email Domain. How do I configure Exchange to do what the existing email server does. David Harris wrote: > I am setting up Exchange 2003 to replace an exisiting in-house Email > serverthat can handle multiple email Domains.The existing mail server > pulls email in from 3 shared pop3 accounts from 3 different ISP's. > Each...

An option to reassign parent account only or all sub-accounts
When reassigning Accounts, an additional step needs to be added to allow the user to reassigning the parent Account only or all related sub Accounts. Today, when the parent Account is reassigned, all related recodrs, including all sub-Accounts, are reassigned in error to the new user. This cascading function is currently causing significant issues for our large, multi-location Accounts that have one Account Manager with multiple Account managers owning the sub Accounts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vot...

Using Data Migration Framework to import Contacts and Accounts
I am trying to use the DMF to import data into Contacts and Accounts in CRM 3.0. I am able to import data into accounts successfully. However if I try to import Contact data, it is not successful. I have tried both importing Contact data alongside Account data, and also just Contact data. Either way the import wizard runs but does not import Contacts. Is there something else that needs to be done to import Contacts? Also, is there a special procedure for linking up imported Contacts and Accounts? Right now I am simply setting the AccountID in the cdf_Contact database to create the...

Money somehow still keeps the reference to my old payee account
I am using MS Money 2005 Small Business v.14.0.150.1105. Here is a description of my problem: I setup a payee (i.e. "Citibank" with account number "X") in order to pay bills electronically. I pay bills. Everything works perfectly. My financial obligation with Citibank account number X is closed after a number of successful payments. After some time, I incur a new debt with Citibank, this time with account number "Y" (a different accoutn because it is a different financial obligation). I set up a new payee as "Citibank" with account number "...

Missing account from Global Address list
I created a couple of accounts today and everything was fine, Until HR told me to delete them, then 2 hours later I was instructed to re-add the accounts. After I added the accounts I noticed that they do not show up in the global address list. Also This happend one other time and that user is not in the global address list either. I have search online and found nothing so I figured maybe someone here could help.. Thanks a million On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 16:15:01 -0700, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created a couple of accounts today and everything was...

RMS 2.0 hangs when processing Payment
Hi, I have a back office 'server' and two registers. All are XP SP2. Most sales are rung up on Reg. 2 and Reg. 1 is used primarily for lookups and receiving. Reg 1 is also the PC Charge 'server'. Lately when it gets busy Reg 2 has been getting slower and slower on the Processing payment screen. Eventually it just freezes - not just the register but all of RMS. All three computers have to be rebooted for the system to work. There is no rhyme or reason that I can find. The DB is 10560KB, there is not a single item or payment type that is used when it freezes and au...

Re: Finalizing the concurrent processing of current accounts with new Windows Live accounts.
Glad to see you're sticking with me. :-) Well, I'll be darned, apparently I was worried about nothing! Thanks to your info, I sent a test message to my Live account, and I got it! Now I'll set up a rule for each account to send everything to the (old) corresponding folder, and I'm up and running. *** Um-m-m, not yet. I sent an email to the Live account and my rule said for that account it should move it to the old corresponding folder, but it didn't get moved. It simply landed in the Inbox folder for the Live account. So I did the Run Rules Now optio...

Virtual accounts in Money 2004. Good idea or not? Opinions?
I am a firm believer in the general financial lessons taught by Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. One of his techniques is the envelope system. You have different envelopes setup for rent or mortgage, groceries, clothing, electricity, etc; whatever you have on your normal monthly budget. Each paycheck you insert into each envelope however much you need to have enough to cover that bill at the end of the month or whenever the bill is due. This works great if you work with only cash but I usually don't cash my paychecks nor do I want to start keeping a bunch of cash lyi...

Managing Leads / Opportunities / Accounts etc...
We ahve just had CRM installed at work and after two days of trying to work out how to get the best from the product for our business has left my head buzzing!! We have a three tier channel model -Distributors - Resellers and End Users. Could anyone give me an idea of the best way to link all our channel information. My first train of though was to set up all our distributors as parent accounts of our resellers (Sub Accounts??), but then resellers do not always purchase from the same disty and how do I link the end user data??? My next problem is any product downloads / enquiries which...

Adding Zip to Sales | Accounts screen
Hi. Is it possible to add Zip to the other items in the Sales | Accounts view? Currently it reads left to right, Account Name, Primary Contact, Main Phone, and City. We want to add Zip. I guess you have to dive nto the SDK. Is it possible there? I can see looking at 3rd party apps that you could add another menu tab/category on the left under Invoices. I guess it could read Accounts2 or something...but we'd rather modify the existing accounts view. Anyone know how to do this or if it can be done? Thanks for any info. Sincerely, Nathan M Keller Belay that. Figured it out. Home ...

Outlook 2000 & Yahoo e mail account
Hi I set up the new mail account using instructions from the Yahoo help. I am able to send and receive e mails from my Yahoo account however when I tried the test accounts settings in Outlook 2000 I get this error message ... unable to send test message please verify the e mail address field Any idea why this is happening? the address field shows my correct yahoo e mail Thanks Gerardo ...

why doesnt ar account age if it is marked no statement
what does aging have to do with if a customer's statement? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=193905fd-c73a-4c65-a9b0-6410e0795658&dg=microsoft.public.g...

User accounts how do I dlete and restore also want to keep data
I know hoiw to delete an exchange user on the client and on the server itself with the SBS tools. My question is this.......when I delte the user profile from the server does the data and mail stores get deleted too? also. If I re-create the user profiles with the exact same info, will exchange try to create new data stores and emails or will it allow me access to the existing ones. Just curious before I go ahead with it thanks I have never used SBS version so i'm not sure if there's anything different, however when you delete a user, Excahnge by default will keep the "mai...

direct upgrade from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009
Is there an upgrade path from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009? I've tried to restore an RMS database to POS 2009 and the import wizard bombs out with an error. What other choices are there? ...

Remove entities from account card
Which is the easiest way to remove quote, order and invoice from the accountcard in the menu to the left? The easiest, and supported, way is to remove permissions to those entities. The unsupported way is to use client script in the form's onload event -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > Which is the easiest way to remove quote, order and invoice from the > accountcard in the menu to the left? ...

Account number in Vendor Master
I am trying to create a smarlist tom list all vendors from different companies. The only way I can identity the companies is thru a user defined field in account master. How can I get the AP account number from the vendor master? I tried linking vendor master to vendor accounts using vendor ID and get the account index from vendor accounts to link to Account master to get the account number. Somehow it work for some vendors. Is the account index unique for different entities? What is the easiest way to get the account number from the vendor master? We are using GP 9.0 Thanks If the ...

RMS and Mfg Returns
How does everyone in RMS Land handle Returning Defective product to MFG? What do you do in RMS? Benjamin, Use the transfer out. Daniel Nurol Point of Sale and Barcoding www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 >-----Original Message----- >How does everyone in RMS Land handle Returning Defective >product to MFG? What do you do in RMS? >. > I've tried using transfer out, which seems to work fine on the RMS side, but we transfer from there over to QuickBooks at which time it becomes a bill. We took and deleted at that time and create a QB entry for RMS returns which then balances ...

Cannot logon into the Windows XP Pro
Hello ... I need help. My problem is that I cannot logon into my Windows XP pros. I got the above problem and was able to temporarily fix it by booting from a CD and operated in a safe mode. After that I was able to login into my laptop, I scanned my laptop and didn't find any virus; however, when I fired up the internet applications, e.g., IE or Firefox, I got a message indicated that DEP closed the appplication to protect my hardware because of some potential virus threats. I tried a couples of internet applications and same DEP protection messages came up each time I fire...

Two POP accounts with separate data files?
I'm using Outlook 2003. I've got two POP accounts, but I don't want mail for both to be delivered to the same Data file (Personal Folder). Also, I'd rather not use a rule to have mail from the second account simply delivered to a different folder. Is there a way to have two separate sets of "Personal Folders" and have one account deliver to one and the second account deliver to a second? Thanks. Your name <brown_sm@nspam.yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2003. I've got two POP accounts, but I don't want > mail for both to be del...

XXX Account Number Display in Account List
Is there a way to "un-hide" the xxx masks in the Account Number field in the Account List Display? No. But R-click Details reveals that and more. It's pseudo-security at best. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=169. "Raybo" <raybo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OoepFmi5EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to "un-hide" the xxx masks in the Account Number field in > the Account List Display? > Thanks, I saw that post earlier, but thought there might be some type of setting in an update that allows the account to be ...