security key not found error?

I have a customer running 2 lanes and 3 back offices.  The
dongle is installed on the first POS station.  We are
getting a "Security device not found error" on all the
back office machines when they run manager.  The POS
station is booted up first and POS app is turned on before
anything else.  I know this isnt causing any problems but
has anyone ever encountered this?
0
zack6478 (17)
9/14/2004 5:45:34 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It sounds like all of the back office machines are identifying themselves
as register 1.

In SO Manager, create a new register (Database/Registers/Register List)
for each of the back office machines.

On each back office machine, use SO Administrator, File/Configuration to
set the Register Number to one of your newly created registers.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

error in word document
Every so often I get a message that word has to shut down due to some error, unfortunately I havent managed to get details of the error. This started a few nights ago after my wife used my PC so suspect maybe something she has done. Is there anything I can do or try to correct this, at least until I can try and get the error message. What happens is I am typing away and the out of the blue it `errors` and has to shut down and I lose most of the work. It does not appear to happen every time. Any guidance apprecitaed. thanks While others are figuring out what went wr...

Error in 2009 Tax Update
Could Microsoft fix the Maximum Earned Income Credit Amount. It is $1826 for 2009, not $1750 which is the old 2008 amount? Bob, It's interesting that the value in the UPR41300 is wrong, but in the UPR41302 is correct for both Married and Single filing status. I am worndering what would GP do in this case? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Bob Harrison" wrote: > Could Microsoft fix the Maximum Earned Income Credit Amoun...

invoice syntax error
Dear all, Our MSCRM1.2 got an error on invoice. Other functions are working well ( Quote, Order...). The role setting is ok(acctually, we didn't change anything) When we try to open an existing invoice (or create a new invoice and save), an error dialog appeared: An error has occured, for more information, contact your administrator. Check the CRM Server, we found the error event as: ======================= source Microsoft CRM Category Noe Type Error EventID 2 User N/A Computer ===== MSCRM Pltform Error Report: Error: Syntax error converting datetime from character string Error messag...

Error moving/copying messages from 1 folder to another
The following seems to apply to many mailboxes in our Exchange 5.5 environment. I am tryinig to move messages from one folder to another and I constantly get the following message: "Can't copy the items. Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied." I have tried to move these using the exchange admin account. I have tried different versions of Outlook (2000 / 2002). I have tried to copy/move to different folders. I have noticed that I can do one message at a time, but only if I open the message first. Obviously I can do this for th...

VB code "bolSingle" error
Office 2000 I am using D. Kallal worde merge code and am getting the following error for when pointing to the following line Call RidesMergeWord(strDirPath & Me.lstFiles & ".doc", bolSingle) the error highlights "bolSingle" with Compile error: ByRef argument type mismatch The folowing references are checked Visual Basic for applications Microsoft Access 9.0 library Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object library Microsoft data access components installed version Microsoft Visual basic for applications Extensibility 5.3 Complete code Dim bolSingle As Boolean '...

installing GP9 client on and getting a different version error msg
I installed GP9 on the srvr. and then client on the wktns. and had no problems. The svr. is 2003 and the wkstns. are XP/SP2. I now have new HP laptops with XP/sp2 on them. When I installed the client on them I got this message: "A product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version. Use the GP_Login errorslog in your temp directory to assist in resolving the issue". This error comes up when I try to to log into the company. During the install I had no error messages everything looked normal-gp utilities ran and synchronized normally. I che...

"from and to" are blank on recieved emails causing timeout error!
I have a just loaded Exchange server 2003 and all seems well except when a blank (only have partial ID's) spam email is sent to users. Exchange will not let it be downloaded to the client (user) with Outlook or Outlook Express. It will hang and gives the client emails just up to the the blank spam. This will continue when the time comes up to check mail again. Clients end up with copies of the same email over and over again till they close there mail client. EX. is one client may have 50 emails coming in and the "blank email spam" is number 30. The client will get the...

Looking for help with "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error
Please help anybody . . . I have been able to post messages via microsoft's news server but when I try posting to those same newsgroups via titannews.com (for which I am a paying subscriber) I always get a "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error. This wouldn't have anything to do with needing posting privelages for the newgroup would it? If it's a server error then it's not even getting to the intended newsgroup? Or may this type of error result from other causes? Maybe there's a seasoned news server user who can point me in the right direction for resolving t...

incorrect product key
upgraded from trial to full office excel, computer needed rebooting days later and now activation code wont work, tried ringing microsoft and was asked for an ID code what is this? "vampybubbles2" <vampybubbles2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9952B869-8EA1-4BF6-9C14-D87B1BBB105A@microsoft.com... > upgraded from trial to full office excel, computer needed rebooting days > later and now activation code wont work, tried ringing microsoft and was > asked for an ID code what is this? The ID Code is the Product ID number. How you find the Prod...

object cannot be found
I am not able to send or receive email thru outlook 2002. My ISP is bellsouth. I can use email thru webmail but not thru outlook. When I try to send the email, the message is: "Operation failed. An object cannot be found." This is a brand new Dell machine. I contacted their support # and they are no help. Help! Please! rhonrhon ...

7031 errors
The Exchange 2000 server we use is losing the pop3 server about once a month and I get a series of 7 errors from the Service control Manager. 1) The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1 milliseconds: Run the configured recovery program. 2) The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. 3) The Network News Transport Protocol (NNTP) service terminated unexpectedly. It has d...

Error in PTXT9.DLL Continued
I am using Windows ME, Publisher 2000. When I open a new > file in Publisher and start typing, I get the error > message "mspub has caused an error in PTXT9.DLL Mspub > will now close." Publisher closes, but the error box will > not close after clicking OK. To get rid of the box I > have to manually shut down my computer. I cannot seem to > remedy either the error or the problem of shutting down > my computer. Any help would be appreciated. ============== Have a look at the following article: (235385) PUB2000 Error Message: Publisher Cannot Load th...

CRM-related errors in MOM
Hello everyone, Our MOM server keeps reporting this CRM-related error. Has anyone run into this issue? CRM 3.0.5300.0 Description: A page generated an internal error. Page: /MSCRMServices/BizPrivilege.srf Referrer: Client IP: <ip address> User Agent: VCSoapClient ...

Debug Error #2
Hi all, Iam getting a debug error message when i close my application. DAMAGE: after Normal block (#234) at 0x00D70040 Does anyone came up to know this problem. It would be very helpfull thanksss tpiran > Iam getting a debug error message when i close my application. > > DAMAGE: after Normal block (#234) at 0x00D70040 > > Does anyone came up to know this problem. > It would be very helpfull > I havent personally seen this. But google does have few relevant hits on it. See this from MSFT: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q235507/ --- Ajay Tpiran wrote: > H...

Itemsselected run time error
I have been frustrated by an elusive error in my A2K app., and I may have stumbled on the cause of the problem. I share my experience here along with a question as to whether I am correct. The error: I have a pop-up form that appears to work properly, but when the form closes it somehow "empties" listboxes in the underlying form. The list of items in the boxes look o.k., but clicking on them gets a run time error that the boxes are actually set to null. What makes this frustrating is that if you step through (F8) the code you cannot reproduce the error. Every t...

Don't update error
When I use the Don't Update on my spreadsheet all the values that ar shown won't stay on the sheet. instead they come up as a value error. Does that make sence? all the values are changed from what they shoul have been to a value error. Any help would be greatly appreciated. cheer -- kicky ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kickyr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=338 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27296 ...

FRx 6.0.95 install error
Hello, Installing an additional FRx client for Great Plains 6.0. I'm installing from the Great Plains CD. After the install finishes, I get an error, "Files failed to self-register. c:\windows\system32\Cscmd32.ocx; c:\windows\system32\Cstext32.ocx;" Attempting to open FRx yields error 339, "Cstext32.ocx not registered." I loaded FRx service pack 7 to no avail. I tried manually registering the offending files but it failed. The workstation is Windows XP, service pack 2. Great Plains runs fine. Any ideas for what I should do next? Trevor, If I am not mis...

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized
Some people are receiving following or similar "Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized" errors while trying to send mail to us. We have ESMTP enabled in our firewall and supports following commands AUTH BDAT BINARYMIME 8BITMIME CHUNKING EHLO ETRN SIZE. Do you know what may be the problem and is there anything we can do to fix it. Thank you for your help. Regards M.T. ...

CRM Workflow Webservice 80042803 not found in assembly
Hi I'm having trouble calling methods in my custom webservice from a MS CRM 3.0 WorkFlow Rule using the "call assembly" action. When the call occurs, the workflow event viewer reports: Action: TEST:TEST Status: Fail Description: Error code = 80042803. Type http://Prodigy01-SBS:5555/crmext/CustomWebServices/InfotekCRM2003 not found in assembly InfotekCRM2003.dll. My GetVersion() method takes no parameters and returns a string. I know the webservice works because I can access this method via Internet Explorer. All the dlls for the webservice have been copied into C:\Program F...

Error "undefined function 'left' in expression"
Hi everybody, Has there anyone got a solution to my problem: - recently got Windows Vista - since then, queries with the string function left (e.g. left("member",2) equals "me") don't work Further details: - Windows Vista Home Premium - Regional settings: Dutch - Office (Access) version 2003 SP2 Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thkx. M.S.Huizenga Reference problem. Go to the following web page for information on checking references: http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0001.htm -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith ...

Excel found unreadable content in 'stock.chart.object.xlsm'
When I create a secondary axis [because I want to overlay a moving average on the bars] and save the workbook the chart is unrecoverable when I try to reload the workbook later. I get a message saying "Excel found unreadable content in 'stock.chart.object.xlsm'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?" When I reply 'yes' the spreadsheet is displayed without the chart. A 'no' reply loses the entire workbook. I have tested it enough in various ways to feel confident that it is probably the secondary axis addition that is the problem. Any su...

What is "Office Standard 2010 Key Management Service Host"
Hi All, On my open license download page, I found an entry for "Office Standard 2010 Key Management Service Host". Anyone know what this is? Many thanks, -T KMS is Key Management Service. In the 2007 Microsoft Office system and previous versions of Microsoft Office, you had to enter a product key when you deployed Office. If you use Key Management Service (KMS), you do not have to do this for Office 2010, because all volume license editions of Office 2010 have a KMS client key preinstalled. Only one key must be installed and activated on the Office 2010 KMS host ...

OL 2002 CiceroUlWnd Frame: Application Error
When closing OL 2002 message box pops up CiceroUlWnd Frame: Outlook.exe-Application Error The instruction at "0x74706b41" referenced memory at "0x74706b41". The memory could not be "read" Click OK to terminate the program Any ideals as to cause and how to correct? ...

Encrypted Key For Signing Help
I've opened an old VB project that I've not touched in nearly a year and when I go to build, it says this: IMPORT KEY FILE - THIS PROJECT INCLUDES A PASSWORD-ENCRYPTED KEY USED FOR SIGNING. How do I remove or recover the Password? Thanks! Brian "Brian" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:314B657C-F24E-4BED-8128-F77A7079ED9D@microsoft.com... > I've opened an old VB project that I've not touched in nearly a year and > when I go to build, it says this: > > IMPORT KEY FILE - THIS PROJECT INCLUDES A PASSWORD-ENCRYPTED KEY US...

security- users
hi all can anyone tell me this.. i want when someone opens the data base to asked for a user name and password. if the user name is for example "admin" (thats me) to have full access, can create,delete tables,create report etc. if the user name is "user1" to be able only for read, write ,add record ?? i prefered to do this by using the User and Group Permissions but any other suggestions are welcome.. thanks On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:54:01 -0800, Osyris <Osyris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Workgroup Security is an advanced topic. Do not attempt to use it un...