Search not working

does anyone every get the message "Your query for 'xxxxx' did not return
results" when you have put in valid search data (replace xxxxx with the
string your searching for).

I'll put in the word Report and hit go and I get back the above message.
I've tried other words and none work. Is something wrong with the search
function on the MS site.

0
EdatJKC (14)
3/9/2009 6:25:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Excel not working correctly
We have a pc here that does not operate correctly when using Excel. She can't run queries from templates or even worksheets that have calculations in them. If she uses them then they won't work anymore on other pc's. Her computer seems to be very strange. For some reasons the formulas in excel are not the same. They do not work in hers so we have to change them. Example, it should bring information from other cells and use the average formula. It will not work in certain areas so we had to create a formula manually that adds the cells together and then divides by t...

Work expenses/reimbursement #2
Hi, I am new to money and I am using the 2005 trial version. I was wondering if there is a way to exclude company expenses from my expense reports and reimbursement from my income reports. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If they are tracked as particular categories, then the easiest way would be to customize those reports to exclude the categories you don't want to see. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, ...

comparing columns of text (cross-searching)
I am trying to figure out a quick way to compare two columns of text for common phrases. The two columns - one of which has over 30k rows - have cells with company names. I simply need to identify the companies that are listed in both columns. However, because the same company may be written with slight textual differences in either column (i.e. "3M" versus "3-M"), I need to search based on the proximity of characters to each other (i.e. "3" and "M," in that order, within a couple of characters of each other). Ideally, I would also like tally of t...

Can you search in queries???
Hi - I inherited this UUUUGGGLLLYYY database from someone that has over 200 macro and 150 query objects in it. He didn't do any coding. Because of that, I am finding it very hard to troubleshoot. Is there a way you can search for a table, form or query object referenced in a macro, like you could if it was written in a VBA module? Also, is there a way to identify all the queries that references a given table? I'd like to eliminate all non-essential macros and queries to clean things up but don't know a quick way to do that. Thanks so much for any help! Dan On Mon, 4 ...

Search Sub Form Help :)
Hi there, I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but for a n00b it's kinda hard to find the time at work to search similar threads, so apologies in advance! :) I take my issue is quite basic, so here's the jist: I currently have: 1 Table (data), 1 Add Form (fields are bound to the table), 1 Search Form (4 unbound fields) where by populating the fields with similar data captured in the existing table and clicking the "Search" cmd button, a query is activated and a new table pops up with the search results. I require: a SubForm in th...

LoadString() not working
I have a resource only DLL that contains all string related resources. I use LoadString() to retrieve my string resources which has worked until now. I added two additional string resources and these particular resources fail to load. All original string resources load fine, it's just these two new ones that don't. GetLastError() returns 0. I've tried Rebuild All, I've tried deleting generated files like .aps, .ncb, .plg, ..opt. What else could it be? Thanks, Drew There is a call to set the resource handle to direct the resources to be loaded from your DLL. Look at AF...

Receipting Function Has Stopped Working
I work for a large organisation uses Microsoft Office 97. Included is Outlook. I always use the receipt function, and occasionally, the delivery function. Recently, I have found that the receipting function no longer works although the delivery function continues to work. One or two of my colleagues supect that the receipting function might not work for them on occasions. When we sent test e-mails, however, we found the function always worked for everybody else but never for my e-mails. Any clues? ...

Rule won't work
Outlook 2007 I have set up a rule to do the following; When I send or receive a message from a specific contact, play a sound, display in new item alert window, flag for follow up and move to a specific folder. But it is not doing anything. Do I need to change something else? What type of email account? Do other rules work? Does it work if you use any one action? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

Application works on one PC but not on another with same OS?
Hi, My application works OK on my PC (Windows 2000, latest server pack) but not on my colleague's (same OS and SP). One difference is that I have the .NET IDE installed on my machine, and he doesn't. I used to have the same problem on my machine. An error was generated because (IIRC) I was using an MFC string comparison method on a char array. This worked in my debug config., but not in the release config. I replaced the code with a strcmp method, and that fixed it on my machine, but not on his. Is there something I should update in his Window's installation when I install the ap...

i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic?
i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get it to work Office basic? Standard Edition? Small Business Edition? Small Business Management Edition? IRM? Information Resource Management? "Oola" <Oola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B52FCE24-0C62-4D47-9F0B-548290487BEE@microsoft.com... >i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get it to >work Information Rights Management depends on having a Windows 2003 server with the IRM bits installed. Since Office Basic comes with OEM computers, I will presume tha...

formulas not working
My formulas are correct and reference the appropriate cells, but when I enter data to the referenced cells the formulas do not calculate a value. This is occuring on several of my spreedsheets. If hitting F9 makes it update, then try the following:- Check Tools / Options / Calculation Tab / Set to Automatic and not Manual -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference -...

Account settings stopped working (incoming and outgoing)
Help is appreciated. I have three e-mail addresses. I was sending and receiving with all with no problems for a long time. Then, on the same day, two of my e-mail accounts now give errors saying unable to connect to incoming (POP3) server. The two addresses have nothing in common and so I believe something happened in Outlook. But I don't know what happened. I've checked account settings and everything seems okay. Could have I downloaded a virus? I do have virus protection, but no warnings were given. What could have happened? Thanks. Joe HAve you checked with the ...

Need help publish small work sheet to Web
Now that I have solve courtsey of JE McGimpsey my calculations and formulas problems, I need to publish a very small web sheet tot eh web. What we are tryingg to do is give field agents a web based calculator. A friend, who is not available, howed me this once, but for the life of me, I can not remember how he did it. Somehow, he set up his worksheet, and then published it so that the resultant web page let visitors use the web page like a fancy calculator. Doe sanyone know how to to do thigs? Thanks for any help Best regards, Al http://www.affordablefloridainsurance.com http://www.ame...

case lookup fields should search all status
When in either the web or outlook client, you should be able to search all cases using the lookup field. Currently this only searchs active cases, there is not an easy way to search for resolved cases. We create and resolve hundreds of cases per day and have no easy way of searching for cases that have been resolved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugg...

Outlook 2002 Custom Auto Formatting not working!
I created cutom rules to color my tasks differently according to the first two letters of the category name. The coloring worked correctly in Outlook 2000 .. but since upgrading to 2002 the formatting does not work! It seems to only be when formatting according to category .. any other field is happy. Here's an example rule: All personal related categories start with the suffix 'p- ' .. so for financial I have 'p-financial'. To color all personal categories blue in the task list I use the rule: [categories][contains][p-] Any ideas? Is there a patch for this? Thanks...

Excel Save / Saveas / Tools- Customize buttons not working
When I click on Save or Saveas button in Excel there is no response from it. My OS is Win ME. How do I solve it. I have re-installed Office but the problem still remains. Hi Brian! With a re-installation of Office it looks like one of two things: A macro in your Personal.xls file Or A case of the NIMDA virus. Try out virus removal first as it is quicker than another re-install. Here's the site for downloads of various virus removal tools: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html You'll see Nimbda in the right hand side list twice. You should download both...

URLs in HTML email often don't work
Anybody notice how if you put URLs in HTML emails, they don't work? The HTML code adds a lot of alphanumeric stuff in front of the URL so it can't be located. I don't recall this problem prior to Vista Mail. So, if I want to be sure they'll work I'll have to turn off the HTML. Or, I'll save it as a draft then see if the URLS work- if they work in the draft folder, they'll usually work OK. comments? Joe Copy & pasting a link in a new message window will not be clickable. It will be in Drafts and Sent Items once sent. It was like this with ...

Search media files
I have WMP 11 on Windows XP SP3. I have recently move all my music on an external hard disk. Now that I want to search the media files so that it changes the file path and I can listen to my music, it seems that there is no search media files in my Tools menu. What am I doing wrong? On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:22:01 -0700, newsy <newsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have WMP 11 on Windows XP SP3. I have recently move all my music on an >external hard disk. Now that I want to search the media files so that it >changes the file path and I can listen to my music, i...

End/Beginning of Document Doesn't Work in 2008 Student
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I've just started using Office 2008 Student version with my two PowerBooks, and I really miss the PowerBook toolbar--it seems to be missing. Also, my End and Home keys don't get me to the beginning or end of the document any more, just to the beginning or end of lines. I often work with large documents (300-400 pages), but it doesn't work with smaller ones either. Page Down and Up work fine. Any answers? You need to use the [fn] key on laptops, so: [fn]+Command+Home/End See Word Help on keyboard shortcuts...

How can I use this expression "=SUM(RC[a0]:RC[a1])" work in Excel
I need to insert this formula "=SUM(RC[s0$]:RC[s1$])" in a cell such that the values a0 and a1 are variables. How can this be done? Please assist and advice. dim s0 as string 'I'd use long's dim s1 as string s0 = "3" s1 = "6" somecell.formular1c1 = "=SUM(RC[" & s0 & "]:RC[" & s1 & "])" funmi_Bash wrote: > > I need to insert this formula "=SUM(RC[s0$]:RC[s1$])" in a cell such that the > values a0 and a1 are variables. > How can this be done? Please assist and advice...

word stopped working
I saved file on a flash drive. When I tried to open it the next day, I got the message Word has stopped working. MY OS is Vista. Thanks for any help. CHV NEVER save a document to a flash drive. It is almost certain that doing so will cause it to become corrupted. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "cvandy" <cvandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F60DF14-8EF6-4407-8DFC-91B1655...

how can i work with the templates wizard in excell 2003?
how can i work with the templates wizard in excell 2003? In old versions i worked with templates wizard to create data in access or in a worksheet. i setuped the excell 2003 pro and then i canot work with previously worksheets created with the old wizard. ...

Updates not working
Money quote updates aren't working on my portfolio. Call summary shows "Money was unable to connect to the online server". Is anyone else seeing this problem? In microsoft.public.money, g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com wrote: >Money quote updates aren't working on my portfolio. Call summary shows >"Money was unable to connect to the online server". Is anyone else >seeing this problem? Quote update worked for me when I tried it just now. On Dec 19, 10:58=A0am, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx> wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, g.m.cox.m...@gm...

Does "find and replace" work within a chart?
"find and replace" (ctrl-h) will not replace text in the legand of my charts. Is there any way to make this happen? This page describes how you can change a series formula: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html Keep in mind that the series formula's first argument relates to the series name, which appears in the legend. If it's entered as text, this technique (or the associated add-in) will change it directly. If it's a cell link, use Find-Replace on the worksheet range containing the series names. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

New Smartlists from SLBuilder only work for me the builder
I have recently installed Smartlist Builder on several user's PC's and have created both new Smartlists & Excel Reports. The Excel Reports that have been deployed work fine for users with access. The Smartlists I have created (along with the downloaded from MS one's) are "visible to the user but no results are returned". So far I have given the users increasing security rights to be able to access the lists. I can log into their machines & run the reports as "sa" and my user id, they don't run under theirs even though they see the l...