Search by invoice number

Hi,

Is there a way to search by invoice number to find the journal entry
or customer who invoice is for.

Thanks

Deck
0
6/13/2008 12:21:18 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
347 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

You can run a Detailed Sales Report. Set the filter for your specifed 
Transaction Number. When you generate the report, you will notice that there 
are columns that when you hover the mouse over them, the mouse icon turns 
into a magnifying glass. When this happens, you can double click. (such as: 
transaction number, itemlookup code, customer account number, etc..)
If you double click on the transaction number, it will display the journal 
entry for that transaction.

There is not any other way to search journal by transaction number to my 
knowledge.

-- 
Andy Miller
RVP Business Systems
Boise, Idaho
"Deck" <kennedy.declan@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:f3d76f2c-04db-4f68-8923-f0d0cc62ffa1@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to search by invoice number to find the journal entry
> or customer who invoice is for.
>
> Thanks
>
> Deck 


0
6/13/2008 4:42:01 PM
If there's not a way to search by transaction number, then what is the 
barcode for the transaction number for?  

"Andy Miller - Boise, Idaho" wrote:

> You can run a Detailed Sales Report. Set the filter for your specifed 
> Transaction Number. When you generate the report, you will notice that there 
> are columns that when you hover the mouse over them, the mouse icon turns 
> into a magnifying glass. When this happens, you can double click. (such as: 
> transaction number, itemlookup code, customer account number, etc..)
> If you double click on the transaction number, it will display the journal 
> entry for that transaction.
> 
> There is not any other way to search journal by transaction number to my 
> knowledge.
> 
> -- 
> Andy Miller
> RVP Business Systems
> Boise, Idaho
> "Deck" <kennedy.declan@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:f3d76f2c-04db-4f68-8923-f0d0cc62ffa1@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way to search by invoice number to find the journal entry
> > or customer who invoice is for.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Deck 
> 
> 
> 
0
Gary103 (266)
6/16/2008 11:47:01 PM
For what it's worth, you can do a 'recall transaction for return' and use the 
transaction number to pull up the sale.
I hope that is helpful.
-- 
-Jerry
JR Data Inc.


"Gary" wrote:

> If there's not a way to search by transaction number, then what is the 
> barcode for the transaction number for?  
> 
> "Andy Miller - Boise, Idaho" wrote:
> 
> > You can run a Detailed Sales Report. Set the filter for your specifed 
> > Transaction Number. When you generate the report, you will notice that there 
> > are columns that when you hover the mouse over them, the mouse icon turns 
> > into a magnifying glass. When this happens, you can double click. (such as: 
> > transaction number, itemlookup code, customer account number, etc..)
> > If you double click on the transaction number, it will display the journal 
> > entry for that transaction.
> > 
> > There is not any other way to search journal by transaction number to my 
> > knowledge.
> > 
> > -- 
> > Andy Miller
> > RVP Business Systems
> > Boise, Idaho
> > "Deck" <kennedy.declan@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> > news:f3d76f2c-04db-4f68-8923-f0d0cc62ffa1@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is there a way to search by invoice number to find the journal entry
> > > or customer who invoice is for.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Deck 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
sales1204 (95)
6/17/2008 12:28:01 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Issues with Word Wrapping in cells after a number of characters
I am using Excel 2000. I have word wrapping turned on in Excel for a cell and after reaching a certain amount of characters, word wrapping stops working. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks, Jig. What is the number of characters? Look in help for specifications, excel can only display about 1024 characters in a cell Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jig Bhakta" wrote: > I am using Excel 2000. I have word wrapping turned on in Excel for a cell > and after reaching a certain amount of characters, word wrapping stops > working. Does anyone know of a fix for this? >...

Count the number of orders in a given month
Hi, First, I want to thank anyone who is able to help me in advance! I a working in Office XP (Excel 2002)... latest updates... I have an excel data sheet where I tally sales... I am trying to coun the number of orders in a given month. Each order is on a separate ro and one column is the date it was placed... the date format i 01-01-2003... I need to count the number of orders placed in 01-2003 02-2003 03-2003 etc... from 2002 to 2004... I hope this is detailed enough to give an answer It is set up something like this: Date Order # Amount 1/17/2003 6430 1/29/2003 6431 2/1/2003 643...

Searching attachments
Hi, I attached a Word document in CRM record and I would like to know if we can search certain keywords within the document. No possible using the out of the box v3.0 Advanced Find. Options: 1. SDK/SRS 2. 3rd Party Add-ons Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Benjamin Fallar III" wrote: > Hi, > > I attached a Word document in CRM record and I would like to know if we can > search certain keywords within the document. > > any idea or tips how to search the content of the attac...

Numbers stored as text
Our accounting system exports to excel, problem is it sends numbers over as text. I can convert them easily to numbers, but then the next problem, it drops all of my preceeding zeros. Example: our part number is 000625 convert it to from text and it comes out 625. Any ideas? Hi 000625 and 625 is the same number. What do you need the leading zeroes for? Or, why do you need it to be a number? Best wishes Harald "prescottnana" <prescottnana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A118DFA-AE3C-456A-B95E-439F06B3F25B@microsoft.com... > Our accoun...

I need to remove asterisks from a column of numbers
help! Hi! Try this: Select the range in question. Goto Edit>Replace Find what: ~* Replace with: nothing, leave this blank Replace all Biff "Kevin Mack" <Kevin Mack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65884C68-3AE5-4A44-A221-3EAF204AF202@microsoft.com... > help! ...

Auto generating unique number
Hi We would like to customize CRM so that when an opportunity is created, a unique number is generated and this unique number appears throughout the sales process. This number has to be auto generated by CRM so that a user does not have to enter it manually. The number should follow automatically from the previous number. Can this be achieved by creating a workflow rule using a call assembly? Grateful for any assistance. Thanks ...

Paid Invoices information
which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the amount paid , payment type and check#? In payables, PM30200 is the paid invoices. PM30300 contains the apply to information. You'll need both tables. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bab" wrote: > which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the > amount paid , payment type and check#? The table PM30200 contains both invoices and payment records. As Charles noted, the table PM30300 contains apply to information, how much of a payment was applied to an invoice. One recor...

customer lists for creating invoices
I am long time user of MS Money. I have a business where I create several invoices on the first day of the month. My customer list exists in two places, money and an access mdb. I maintain my customer list in the Access database. I would like to import/overright my Money Customer list with the most current source, my customer list from MS Access. Can anyone explain how to do this? I don't want to update the MS Money customer list one at a time by hand. John D ...

Monthly invoice with late fee template
I need an invoice template, (for storage rent),that adds a late fee of $20 if the customer's previous month's payment was received after the 10th of any given month. ...

Apply SOP Returns to Open SOP Invoices when the return is created
In RM when entering a CM the user has the option to apply the CM to an open document at that time. Are there any plans to apply this function to Returns in SOP. Customer order goods, receives them and then returns. Would like function to be able to select the original invoice and apply the return to that invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugge...

Maximum number of pages?
Having used Word in an effort to create a products catalogue, I got bitterly dissapointed as the document crashed with no possibility to repair it after about 25 pages consisting of pictures and text. Because I'm now a little nervous about getting started with the project in Publisher, my question is, how many pages in an average products catalogue, where nearly every page contains productpictures and textblocks, does Publisher support without crashing? Publisher is supposed to be the good desktop program for this, or? Could a catalogue with say, maybe 100 to 120 pages be a problem...

entering numbers to display a time format
I am trying to add time format to a cell to show just hh:mm if a single number is typed in ie 14 to show as 14:00 or 14.23 to show as 14:23. the current format hh:mm seems to default to date and time when a number is typed in cell such as 14 will show 00:00:00 in the cell and the fomula bar shows dd:mm:yyyy hh:mm:ss. would finally like to find a formula which will calculate a timespan between two cells displaying a time value.. ie start and finish times in seperate cells then night and day totals to be shown in their respective cells for a bespoke wages/ time sheet . ie ;start time ...

Page Numbering in Publisher
In putting together a large booklet with numerous graphics in Publisher 2002, I have had to split the document into 3 separate files. The page numbering in the first file works fine, but for files #2 & 3, the page numbering begins with "1". Is there a way to change this so I may begin page numbers at "30", for instance and have the pages number consecutively (i.e. 31, 32, 33, etc.)? In Publisher 2000 it's done this way. Tools Options General tab Enter the page number you wish to start with in the box. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Sarah Wright" &...

page number, total pages, section page number and total section pa
I need to add the page number {Page}, total pages (NumPages), section page number {Page} and total section pages {Section Pages} in one Word document. But it fails. When I set the section page number, then the page number change to the section page number. How can I do? To get both the page number of the total pages in the document and the page number in the section, you will need to bookmark the end of each section and use for the page number in the section a Field construction that subtracts the { PAGEREF bookmarkname } from the { PAGE } { = { PAGE } - { PAGEREF bookmar...

phone numbers
Sorry I am being a bit thick but I cannot convert my phone numbers to dialable numbers ie I cannot get the cell to show leading zeros eg 0044 #### ####. I can format the cells if I go to English (US) but that of course is no good to me in the UK! Help! You can either format the cells as text before you enter the number, or prefix the number with a ' , like '00855419871. The ' will display on the formula bar but not in the cell, Regards, Alan. "Tony R" <Tony R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF9DCA0-66AC-4B3C-AC42-1E462B5385DC@microsoft.com.....

Excel:Numbered Tickets Printing
Is there a way to print sequentially numbered tickets? Say, 5 to a page (with a stub) from 000 to 999? I believe I can handle the actual ticket setup, the numbering, 5 to page is giving me a headache. THanks for any help! Chri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I'm not entirely sure what do you want to do, but maybe you try this: 1. Create a Excel file with one-column table containing your ticket numbers (you can have more columns, when there is some other info unique for every ticket, too, but this one must be. NB! Column(s) must have header in first row. Save the...

page numbers 05-03-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have followed all the directions to insert page nos. They appear in grey on my screen, but when I try to print, the page numbers disappear. <br> How do I keep them? In order to most effectively help we need to know: Specific version & update level of both Office & OS X, Exactly what you've done & how you went about it (there are several ways to insert page numbers), What - if any - corrective steps you've taken as well as their result, Any additional details about the docum...

How do I use small letters in dates or numbers like 1st or 2nd
When I type dates, I would like to use 1st or 2nd with small letters raised following the number. How do I do this in Publisher. jnb1258 wrote: > When I type dates, I would like to use 1st or 2nd with small letters raised > following the number. How do I do this in Publisher. Format the "st", "nd", "rd", or "th" with superscript. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "Ed Bennett" wrote: > jnb1258 wrote: > > When I type dates, I would like to use 1st or 2nd with small letters raised > > foll...

Random Numbers #5
Lois Patterson, in her book 'Teach Yourself Excel 97' sets an exercise to create a Lottery Number selector with a set of six random numbers. =INT(45*RAND)+1 This is fine and easily done. It goes on to say that by using the IF function it is possible to prevent the generated numbers being duplicated in the set. After weeks of frustration I am unable to solve this problem. Please can anyone help? Doesn't that contradict the fundamental idea of random numbers? A truly random number is one that has exactly the same chance of appearing in a distribution as any other number. ...

Does anyone else have a problem with IE8 and Money Pluse Invoices?
A while ago I updated to IE8, which broke the ability of Money to print invoices. They would print blank pages instead. I had to go back to IE7 to enable Money to print invoices. I am trying to determine if I should rebuild my Vista Ultimate 32 bit machine, or if there really is a problem between IE8 and Money. If others are having the same problem, I won't rebuild. If I hear that IE8 and Money work perfectly together, then I will rebuild my laptop and install again from scratch. Thanks for any info for people that are running Money Plus for Home and Small Business and IE8. In ...

Numbering Process & Decision Shapes
I need to put a number (e.g., 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, etc.) in the top portion of the process and decision shapes within a process flow I have created. Short of having to create separate text boxes within each of these shapes, is there a faster/better way to do this? Is there a way to auto-number each of these shapes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob Check out Tools > Add-ons > Visio Extras > Number Shapes. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob&quo...

Unique lot numbers
We have switched from using serial numbers to lot numbers on a number of our products, as we must track additional data with each item. The only problem that we (i.e. I) didn't forsee was that you can have multiple identical lot numbers. I know this is obvious, but it just didn't click. Otherwise lot numbers makes perfect sense for us. Can I make the lot # field a primary key, or otherwise restrict it to unique entries? The way we're set up, we dont have any items that would require duplicate lot numbers, nor would we. Thanks for any thoughts. GP 9.0, SQL Server 2000. ...

PR check number
I have a client who is having a problem with the next check number in a checkbook being updated after a payroll run. Can anyone offer any help with this? They have other companies that update the next check number without any problem. -- Have a great day! W Sue ...

How do you link a phone number to a calendar contact
I have an appointment scheduled on the calendar. Is there a way to directly link the appointment to a phone number without having to go back to contacts, then scroll through names, then click on contact to look up phone number Well, this is almost what you describe, but not quite. When you create the appointment, click the Contacts button on the bottom of the appointment form. Then choose the contact that you want to link to. Later, when you open the appointment, you can just double click on the Contact's underlined name and it will open the contact directly. -- Patricia Cardoza...

Error : Your server administrator has limited the number of items
I am using Outllook 2007/Exchange 2003 SP2 to send a number of meeting invites to a resource mailbox for some testing. I get the following message once about 131 items have been sent (in quick succession with VBA code). "Error -2147220731 : Your server administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously. Try closing messages you have opened or removing attachments and images from unsent messages you are composing." Is this an RPC issue? Can it be resolved on the server? Thanks ...