scanner can't read barcodes on paper

My barcode scanner can't seem to read barcodes that I printed out.
I will not barcodes on receipt either.

any suggestions will be great.

Thanks
0
country (24)
5/15/2006 12:11:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I had the same problem. I only had this problem with certain barcodes. When I
looked at the ones that the scanner wasn't reading, I noticed that they all
used lower case letters. As soon as I changed the letters to upper case I was
able to scan the labels.

"country" wrote:

> My barcode scanner can't seem to read barcodes that I printed out.
> I will not barcodes on receipt either.
>
> any suggestions will be great.
>
> Thanks
0
VanNess (2)
5/15/2006 7:10:01 PM
Are these barcodes you created?
What barcode format are you using?
What type of scanner are you using?

Rob

"country" <country@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My barcode scanner can't seem to read barcodes that I printed out.
> I will not barcodes on receipt either.
>
> any suggestions will be great.
>
> Thanks

0
Rob

Standard paper sizes?
I am creating an instruction manual on a sheet that will be approximately 22" x 12", but would like to use a "standard" size of paper (if there is such a thing). Is there a list of standard paper sizes? Thanks - Best way to figure standard paper if you are printing it yourself is to read your printer manual. Most home printers will not print any larger than 8.5 X 14. Some will go tabloid (11 X 17). If you can get access to a large format printer, they have the capability to print around 44 inches. There is one that will print 60 inches. Of course they cost thousands...

Old email keeps giving read receipt
Hi, I have a guy that sent out an email two years ago. Everytime a new user is placed in the Exchange 2000 Database the guy who sent the letter out gets a read receipt failure. I don't care if he gets a failure or not. I just want to know why people that were never sent the original message get the email. How can I stop the email from going to new people? Never heard of anything like this. Thanks. ...

Metrologic Barcode Scanner
RMS POS, trying to set up scanner model MS9520 yesterday i burned an incident to have someone send me a file on how to set-up my opos for debit cards, worked great and thank you. i dont want to burn up another incident to get this down load? any help? -- John SS Plug you scanner into your computer and test the scanner by opening Notepad and scan anything that has a barcode. It should enter the number and go to the next line. If it does you have successfully setup your scanner. Rob "John SS" <JohnSS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9855171-3BAA-4E0A-B8...

Reading data into a 2 dimensional array
I want to analyse data in a 2 dimensional array but don't know how to get the data from the spreadsheet into the aray. In the old days of GWBASIC I would use the following lines: Dim Table(100,4) For I = 1 to 100 : For J = 1 to 4 Read Table(I,J) Next J : Next I I know macros can handle FOR/NEXT loops but how do you 'READ' the data that is, say, in the range A1:D100 ? Thanks in anticipation. See if the following 2 examples explains what you need. Note that you simply declare a variant and assign the range to the variant. Have included the Lbound and Ubound...

Is it possible to set A4 paper as default in Excel?
In Excel, is there a way to set default paper to A4 without having to create a template? In other words, can the default workbook or worksheet templates be modified to use A4 as the paper size of choice? Yes: FILE > PAGE SETUP > PAPER SIZE. -- Bros "sms" <sms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F52DEE8A-8D46-4B5C-ADD3-BD5959F28269@microsoft.com... > In Excel, is there a way to set default paper to A4 without having to > create > a template? In other words, can the default workbook or worksheet > templates > be modified to use A4 as ...

Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connecti
Hello, I am getting this message when trying to send an email through CRM. Has anyone seen this before? #61042 - An error occurred while processing the outgoing e-mail message with subject "This is a test CRM:0003007" for SMTP: http://servername/Orgname for delivery through ExchangeServer. System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed. at System.Net.Mail.SmtpReplyReaderFactory.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 read, Boolean readLine) at System.Ne...

How to make a email box sharable, but read only for all users
I have a single email account (TEST) that I've setup so that everyone in the company can add it to their list of Outlook Accounts to open. I used a method in an article where you set permissions from the exchange website. I just found out that some users are deleting emails from that account and we don't want that. Is there a clear set of instructions someplace that I can read that would tell me how to allow users to add this TEST account to their outlook and yet keep it read-only? TIA. -- spam999free@rrohio.com remove 999 in order to email me what all does everyone need to...

32 Messages Pending: The OnAccess (VSAPI) scanner failed to scan the item '' with error 80004005
Hi We are using McAfee Groupshield 6 and have noticed that 32 items are in a queue pending submission. The error logs state that "The OnAccess (VSAPI) scanner failed to scan the item '' with error 80004005" Any help to resolve these issues would be much appreciated. Thanks B Sorry now the errors are from exchange, many of the below errors: A message could not be virus scanned - this operation will be retried later THanks B "Ben" <Ben@Newsgroups.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uuowVq0vFHA.2516@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi > > We are usin...

Read E-Mail Messages in Plain Text
We have some systems running outlook 2002 but we cannot see any way to set default in-coming messages to only display as plain text. We only see this setting in Outlook 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Richard That is correct. This options is only available as a registry key in Outlook 2002 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\Mail] DWORD READASPLAIN=1 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Richard Ruda" <rruda@sh...

How to read the string from RichEditCtrl? But in the RichEditCtrl, may be have Emoticons...
How to distinguish the string or Emoticons(image)//???? You would first have to know how they are stored. They might be just the characters in a specific font, or they might be little bitmap images. You can look at the font characteristics of individual letters, and I know there is a way of getting things like icons back out (and detecting they are present), but I've not tried that so I'm not actually sure. One of the simplest approaches would be to StreamOut your control and examine the RTF result, if you're not sure how it has been created. This would then suggest what yo...

paper size options in page setup
Some how the options under page setup got changed. I now only have the paper size range from 1"x1" to 2"x4". Does anyone know how to get the standard paper sizes back. -- Thanks, Razorback What is your Windows Default printer set to? razorback wrote: > Some how the options under page setup got changed. I now only have the paper > size range from 1"x1" to 2"x4". Does anyone know how to get the standard > paper sizes back. Excel Paper sizes are dependent upon the printer selected. Have you got a printer selected that only...

Reading only Certain Numbers from Scanner
Access 2003 There are pre-made barcodes on the books that I am scanning. The codes have a 10 digit number that sometimes starts with a 0. I really only need the first 9 numbers as the 10th number is a test type field and is not included as the sequence number. Example.. BookNumber-Test Scan Reads 065160982-6 651609826 065160983-4 651609834 065160984-1 651609841 134987461-8 1349874618 134987462-4 1349874624 134987463-9 1349874639 The test version throws off the scan of the book sequence. I store each book in...

OWA Access
Hi, Please ignore my previous post about this. I forgot to add some detail. We are having problems with our users connecting to OWA. Our company uses to SMTP addresses for example company1.com and company2.com. We are currently upgrading from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have 8 sites in total. Users at 7 of our branches use a company1.com email address while 1 branch uses a company2.com address. Now, all the users who use the company2.com address can login into our webmail server without a problem but users who have a compnay1.com address get the following message: "You cou...

Trouble Reading Emails
Whenever I try to open and read an email (new and previously opened messages), the email will open, but the text does not appear. The hourglass symbol appears as if it is loading, but it never does. Does anyone know what's up and/or how to fix this? ...

Strange Read Receipt Issue
I have a user that receives the same read receipt several times per day and this has gone on for 2 years. He has a rule set to auto delete them but wants to know why this is happening. I've never heard of or seen this behavior and don't see any resolutions on the web. Any ideas? In news:6AD970FA-97C9-4F38-B3F7-F6DE33117261@microsoft.com, Jeff R <JeffR@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have a user that receives the same read receipt several times per > day and this has gone on for 2 years. He has a rule set to auto > delete them but wants to know why this i...

Read highlighted text
Hi all! I've asked a similar question here and got kindly replies a week ago. But I thought I've asked in a wrong way.. I've asked about how to read data from other applications in windows. Maybe I should say in this way: I'd like to simply read text that are highlighted in Windows, but not neccessary to open the files or print it I know it can be done by vb, but how about vc 6.0 Thanks again! If you are, for example, considering a CEdit control. First, use GetSel(), which will get you the starting and ending positions of the highlighted text. Then, after due error checkin...

New PC with Money Essentials
I recently bought a new Vista PC with money essentials factory installed. My old PC is running Money 2000 (or maybe 02). I tried to copy my .mbf and .mny files as was suggested by many chats I have seen, but I get the message that money essentials can't read files from other versions of money. Is there a way around this, or am I unable to transfer my financial records between these two products? Money Essentials (MEss) is really nothing more than Money for people who've never used it and don't really want to. You cannot transfer your real Money data to MEss. You wouldn&#...

Reading Outlook Files
Ok, here is a good one: At my work there are scheduled Unix jobs which perform some counts on data in our Oracle database, create an email, and send it to users with the data files attached. No problem there. Been doing this for 2 years. Now, they want a total count by month. Not possible using the database as all the data has changed. So, they send me 2 years of Outlook files. Can this be done? Can I somehow extract the attached .csv file so I can count it?? I do not want to open 2 years of daily emails. What have you already tried? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all rep...

Trying to print different columns non sequentially on one sheet of paper.
Hi, I have an excel doc. that has about 18 columns. I would like to print just selected columns but NOT all in a consecutive row. For example Column A, Column D and Column H. But I would like them to print all on one sheet. Currently I have tried to look for directions on how to do this but the columns print on separate pages. Is this possible to have them print all on one sheet? I am dumbfounded on this one! :confused: -- vivavegas02 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ vivavegas02's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Paper Size #2
For some reason, the standard paper size on the print command seems to have changed in a particular file. As a result, even though i select A4 size on the set up, the preview screen is not accurate. Any ideas ? Prasad ...

My documents can be read by all
I have a standard installation of SBS 2003 Small Business Server. All users were set up using the Server Management Console cumputers added the same way, Working off a single Domain. User My documents are redirected to a share (Ussers Shared Folders) on the server. If a user goes to the shared folder on the server through a UNC address he is able to open any of the folders there no mater who the owner is. Also when doing a sync for his folders it syncs all the users on the machine or that have been on the machine. Is there a way to eliminate the ablity of a user to have access to...

Read from XML into Datagrid with dropdownlist

show sent mail as ready only when read by recipient
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to show my sent mail as read once the recipient has opened it. I know some email programs have this feature. Right now as soon as I send a message, head to my sent folder, the message shows as opened and read. Is there any way to change this? It would be very helpful to me if I could see that the recipient has read the message I sent them No, it doesn't work that way. It can only show whether you read have read incoming messages. You can request a read receipt, which indicates whether the recipient has received the messa...

Cannot set paper size to A4
Access 2003 I've tried changing paper size to A4 in File, Page Setup. I accept the change and go straight back into File, Page Setup only to find that papersize has reverted to Letter. I have checked the printer properties in Control Panel and the default size is A4. Am I missing something simple? Thanks -- Graham ...

Scripts cant read Server 2008 Registry
I have several maintenance automation scripts in place for servers in our domain. We have noticed that several of the scripts are incapable of reading or writing to the Windows 2008 Server registry. Does anyone know of an easy workaround or a solution to this issue? In addition to permissions issues and 32 vs 64 bit issues. I've had trouble with WScrip.Shell on Win7. I don't know if that's a known problem, but I found with one script that WScript.shell simply didn't work, while the same operation using WMI StdRegProv did work. I can't explain it. I just ...