Scan Code Question

Would it be possible to utilize the scan code option for tenders to
automatically select the correct credit card type simply by swiping the
credit card?

In other words, would it be possible to hit F12, swipe the card twice, once
to select tender, and once to populate the cc info fields?
0
Jesse1 (89)
7/31/2006 7:25:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Exchange question
I currently have Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. I am getting ready to setup a new box with Exchange 2003 Ent. on Windows Server 2003. Here are my questions: 1) Does my Exchange server have to be in Native mode before I can upgrade? 2) If I change it to Native mode, will I need to reboot my server? 3) Do I need to reboot the server after I run the Forest and Domain Prep? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kit It's been *a while* since I upgraded to Ex2003, but I believe the answers would be: No No No ------------------------ Chris Williams Sirana Software www.sir...

ZIP codes beginning with 0
I'm having trouble getting ZIP codes beginning with 0 to stick, even when specifying ZIP code in the format category type. No matter what I do, the initial 0 always gets dropped. Advice? Thanks. Hi Peter.......... Either pre-format your cells as TEXT, or enter a leading apostrophe before entering the number with the leading 0........the apostrophe won't show, it only forces TEXT formatting on that cell.......... Vaya con Dios,] Chuck, CABGx3 "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ab7001c46836$3382cf70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I&...

Question about Date validation
Hi All, I'm working on a form for weekly data entry. I'd like to create a date field where the user will enter the date the week ends (ie week ending Friday, June 25th). Is there a way to write code so that Access will check that the day the user inputs is a Friday (and if not they will recieve an error message)?. I know how to program the error message pop-up box, but I have no idea how to write code to check if the date inputted is a Friday. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Use the WeekDay function If WeekDay(Me.DateField) = 6 Then MsgBox "Error" En...

a question about XmlTextReader.ReadBase64()
Hi, I am new to xml, so if I ask something stupid or funny, pls don't laugh. my problem is like this: I have a data structure like this class mydata { byte[] data; }; // I wrote it to xml like this XmlTextureWriter writer; writer.WriteStartElement("MyData"); writer.WriteAttributeString("Length",md.data.Length.ToString()); writer.WriteBase64(md.data,0,md.data.Length); writer.WriteEndElement(); // I want to read it out XmlTextReader reader; while(reader.Read()) { switch(reader.NodeType) { case XmlNodeType.Element: MyData md = new MyData(); while(reader.M...

CRM3.0 Question on Activity
Hello, I am using CRM3.0. I have the following case. 1. Create Campaign 2. Add contact to campaign list 3. Create Campaign activity - Phone call 4. Distribute activity 5. CRM User will make phone call 6. When contact is interest, CRM user will make a "Free Trail" for contact. I am having troble in step 6. So far as I know, I have two choices for "Free Trail". A) Service Activity If I choose to create a service activity, then I can not link up the service activity with the campaign or phone call. B) Appointment If I choose appointment, I can set "regarding"...

Pvt Table Question
I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new data. I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points are automatically displayed. So for example, if i have pvt table set up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts. Is this possible? Thanks. Hi, To show the top 10 values for a field - double-click the field heading, click 'Advanced' ...

RMS and Bar Coding
We are having a year end inventory count performed and need to send a file with all bar codes. Can we delete old bar codes that have not been used for awhile to shrink this file? Or can we send a numerical file with just the bar codes that currently show inventory? If so, how is this done? We own Store Operations 1.20 -- Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonville, FL ...

How to get looping VBA code to respond to events on worksheet
Hello, I have some code of the form do while not g_Paused bunch of calls ... loop where I'd like the variable g_Paused to be toggled by a button on the worksheet. The only way I can seem to get the code to respond to the button click is to use do while not g_Paused bunch of calls ... ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Name").Activate DoEvents loop But this is pretty slow and causes the sheet to flicker...is there a better method? PS I'm using buttons from the Control Toolbox Thank you. ...

Tax Codes?
Does anyone know the tax codes Microsoft Money uses for transactions? Thanks, Brook In microsoft.public.money, Brook wrote: >Does anyone know the tax codes Microsoft Money uses for >transactions? Explain what you mean. What I am looking for are the Tax Codes for Different Transactions: I.E. If I wanted to create a 401k tracking within my Microsoft Money, I was trying to figure out how I need to tax code my transaction so everything appears properly. Hope this is clear. Brook >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Brook wrote: > >>Does anyone...

Add a new code macro
I have workbook that I am trying to use with a macro form another post on this form. It inserts a new row with the formulas and contents of the selected row. The problem is that it copies the row below the one selected, and because of this, I can not make a copy of row 2 below the column headers. Any ideas? Thanks. Here is the code: '/=======Start of Code==========================/ Sub InsertRowsAndFillFormulas() 'adds desired # of lines below the current line and ' copies the formulas to that/those lines 'added selection of more than one worksheet ' - Gary L. Brown &#...

Copy and Paste question
I have a macro that copies and pastes a large amount of data. After it has run I get the question: " There is a large amount of information on the clipboard. Do you want to [keep it]?" Could someone please tell me how I can avoid this question being asked as I never wish to keep the data? Many thanks Insert this line after the pasting is done, it will clear the clipboard: Application.CutCopyMode = False hth knut egil "Richard" <rgarwell@jaguar.invalid> skrev i melding news:bpi1ee$cf71@eccws12.dearborn.ford.com... > I have a macro that copies and pastes a l...

Using Code instead of Criteria
In my query builder, I'm getting the message: "The string returned by the builder is too long. The result will be truncated." I think I understand why, as I am using a form to specify a large number of options for the report. Can I use VB to specify these criteria instead of the query builder? Examples in query builder: If [Forms]![boxSeatsMailings]![PW] Criteria =1 and (PFDirect>0 or PFBulk>0 or PIDirect>0) then select record. If [Forms]![boxSeatsMailings]![PW] Criteria =2 and (PFDirect>0 or PFBulk>0 or PIDirect>0) then select record. As ind...

Question about frontend backend config
We have two E2K3 boxes, both with E2K3/sp1 running on W2K3/sp1. At first we just had one, but were continually running out of disk space (Ent. vers.), so I re-imaged a system with a great deal more space and installed E2K3/sp1 on it, and moved some, but not all of the mailboxes on it. My plans are to use the old server (svr1) as a FE, then use the new one(svr2) as a BE. I have not checked the FE box on svr1 yet. Also, we have configured OWA to run on svr1, and it worked until I started moving mailboxes. Here are my questions: - I have several Mac clients using Entourage, configured to co...

Formula question 03-03-10
I am trying to complete the following. In s141 i have a drop list with 'yes' and 'no' as possiblities. In x141 i have a drop list with 3 possible choices, .02 , .04 , or .08 g141 is the originating cell p159 is the answer cell. if s141 remains empty or has 'no' chosen from the drop list i need p159 to remain blank, however if 'yes' is in s141 then i need the answer from g141 multiplied by .02 or .04 or .08 (which ever one is chosen from the drop list in x141) to be displayed in p159. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Scoob...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

New to Visio-Hyperlink Question
I have created a flowchart in Visio 2000. I put in a hyperlink to another flowchart. When I view my flowchart in full-screen view I click on the hyperlink for the other flowchart and it opens in Actual Size mode w/ all the toolbars open. I would like for it to remain in full-screen mode for the flowchart I open when I click on the hyperlink. Is this possible? Thanks in Advance, Mike ...

COM communicate with managed code(.NET)
Hi! When I have a communication from COM to managed code(.NET) a type library(TLB) is necessary in between to handle the communication from COM to ..NET. I tried to use Red Gats's reflector to look into the type library that have extension tlb but it's not possible. So why is it not possible ? //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:O%23lutgv5KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I tried to use Red Gats's reflector to look into the type library that > have extension tlb but it's not possible. ...

Re: Front-end question
If i have 2 front-end and one crash, the other will function properly? or i must modify something? i must change the server (on clients) where all clients points? "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message news:oihld0ha1q9jacg65p4vjo3g7j2mmo5eq0@4ax.com... > "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: > > >I don't understand very well, how FE server function.... > >Just download "Using Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003 Front-End > >Servers"but i don't understand how FE and BE comunicate in a multiple server...

Outlook 2002 backup question...please help!
Hi all, I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I cannot get into outlook (2002) via windows, but I can access files from dos. Can someone please tell me where the data files for outlook 2002 are stored, and which ones I'd need to copy? Thanks in advance for any help. Jim See if this info helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Jim" <lakerfan426@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OUhIH0oTGHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I >...

Simple MFC/C++ development question
I want to develop a simple GUI utiliy using C++/MFC. I mostly develop for Linux using Java/C and I am used to used Sun's JDK and GNU's C compiler running under Linux. My question is where can I get a minimum set tools I need to develop a MFC application. I don't really want an IDE (i.e. VC++6) - what I'm after is a compiler and the header/libraries to link my MFC based utility against. I will use my favourite editor to enter the code. TIA Paul. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I want to develop a simple GUI utiliy using C++/MFC. > > I mostly d...

character code
I'm trying to figure out the code for a rectangular block. I have some text that comes out of an old DOS program. It's mostly text but there are a few odd characters. I've handled most of them but one is a vertical rectangluar block. This old DOS program exports the block into a text file as a � (Y with an accent mark above it). I have a macro (vba code) that is converting the Y into a pipe symbol but I'd rather convert it into the block that it's supposed to be. If I open the DOS program, copy the text to the clipboard and paste it directly into Word it does show t...

Outlook 2002 questions
Hello, on starting Outlook 2002, I would like Outlook to automatically dial a connection, and send/receive immediately - but I would prefer it not to perform a background send/receive every x minutes. Is it possible to do all this? Thanks Mr Shed Mister Shed schrieb am 24.01.2005 14:18: > Hello, on starting Outlook 2002, I would like Outlook to automatically dial > a connection, and send/receive immediately - but I would prefer it not to > perform a background send/receive every x minutes. Is it possible to do all > this? Tools | Options | E-Mail-Setup | Send/Receiv...

Date Header and Layout Questions
I have 1 table with headings of: TaskType SiteName StartDate EndDate On a report, I want the header to show every Monday's date going horizontally displaying every Monday from now until 2 years from now. Then I want the Vertical column to be the TaskType. Within the report I want the SiteName to be identified in both the Monday's Date Column and the TaskType Column. For example, 30-Nov-09 (Monday) TaskType-DSR SiteName - DC. The date being on the header, the TaskType on each row and the SiteName cross referenced between them. Does this make any sense? ...

Problem with Macro Code
I have the following selected piece of Code that hits debug on line "ActiveSheet.Paste". The reason it does is that a command window comes up saying "Do you want to Replace the Contents of the Destination Cells" - how can I automate this to say "Yes" within my code? Sheets("Claim Form").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="123" Range("A1").Select Cells.Select Selection.Copy Sheets("E-Claim").Visible = True Sheets("E-Claim&...

VBA variable to population Table Question
I am using the following code to fill a line in one of my tables based off what someone enters into a text box. The problem is whenever the code runs a popup dialog box comes up asking the user to enter the variable values over again. How can I set it up so the values are just taken from the text box instead of being asked for in the dialog window? DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunSQL ("INSERT INTO Keywords (ReferenceID, Keyword) VALUES (RefID, KeyPart)") DoCmd.SetWarnings True "Zachary" <zlehmann@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a40e9e56-e8b9-48e2-80e1-cb2...