Run-Time error after Windows Update

Windows just completed an automatic update that required a re-boot.  Now RMS
POS will not start.  I get the following error:  RUN-TIME ERROR '-2147319779
(8002801d)':  Automation Error   Library not registered.  This is RMS
1.20183.  It has been working fine for a year and a half.  Any suggestions??
The manager program works fine.

       Thanks in advance,

                    Tom
0
Tom7430 (437)
7/18/2006 6:35:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0217_01C6AA5F.4C3DC750

Tom,

I reported this about a month ago on the reseller side and only one =
other person had had the issue.  We had it on 3 of our internal =
machines.  I forgot which Windows update it was, but even when I =
uninstalled the update, RMS was still broken.

The only way to fix it was to re-install RMS and the latest hotfix.

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Windows just completed an automatic update that required a re-boot.  =
Now RMS=20
  POS will not start.  I get the following error:  RUN-TIME ERROR =
'-2147319779=20
  (8002801d)':  Automation Error   Library not registered.  This is RMS=20
  1.20183.  It has been working fine for a year and a half.  Any =
suggestions?? =20
  The manager program works fine.

         Thanks in advance,

                      Tom
------=_NextPart_000_0217_01C6AA5F.4C3DC750

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Tom,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>I reported this about a month ago on the =
reseller side=20
and only one other person had had the issue.&nbsp; We had it on 3 of our =

internal machines.&nbsp; I forgot which Windows update it was, but even =
when I=20
uninstalled the update, RMS was still broken.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>The only way to fix it was to re-install RMS =
and the=20
latest hotfix.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Tom" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Tom@discussions.microsoft.com">Tom@discussions.microsoft.c=
om</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:05743B9A-5BD1-409A-AAB9-CE623E428DE9@microsoft.com">news:057=
43B9A-5BD1-409A-AAB9-CE623E428DE9@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Windows=20
  just completed an automatic update that required a re-boot.&nbsp; Now =
RMS=20
  <BR>POS will not start.&nbsp; I get the following error:&nbsp; =
RUN-TIME ERROR=20
  '-2147319779 <BR>(8002801d)':&nbsp; Automation Error&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Library not=20
  registered.&nbsp; This is RMS <BR>1.20183.&nbsp; It has been working =
fine for=20
  a year and a half.&nbsp; Any suggestions??&nbsp; <BR>The manager =
program works=20
  fine.<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks in=20
  =
advance,<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  Tom</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0217_01C6AA5F.4C3DC750--

0
spam3944 (2163)
7/18/2006 6:42:50 PM
Thank you for your quick response.  How do I get the latest hotfix to fix
this problem?

"Jeff" wrote:

> Tom,
>
> I reported this about a month ago on the reseller side and only one other person had had the issue.  We had it on 3 of our internal machines.  I forgot which Windows update it was, but even when I uninstalled the update, RMS was still broken.
>
> The only way to fix it was to re-install RMS and the latest hotfix.
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
>   "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05743B9A-5BD1-409A-AAB9-CE623E428DE9@microsoft.com...
>   Windows just completed an automatic update that required a re-boot.  Now RMS
>   POS will not start.  I get the following error:  RUN-TIME ERROR '-2147319779
>   (8002801d)':  Automation Error   Library not registered.  This is RMS
>   1.20183.  It has been working fine for a year and a half.  Any suggestions??
>   The manager program works fine.
>
>          Thanks in advance,
>
>                       Tom
0
Tom7430 (437)

------=_NextPart_000_024D_01C6AA63.2ADEDA50

Tom,

Simply re-installing to program made it work.  You will need to install =
the hotfix to bring you up to the .183 version you had or if you are on =
the MS Maintenance program, you should have received a disk in the mail =
last month, version 1.3R which takes you to 1.3.1002 and there have been =
4 hotfixes to it.

To see the latest hotfixes;
https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/hotfixes/RMS13=
HF.htm

Must have access to CustomerSource

--=20
*

  Thank you for your quick response.  How do I get the latest hotfix to =
fix=20
  this problem?

  "Jeff" wrote:

  > Tom,
  >=20
  > I reported this about a month ago on the reseller side and only one =
other person had had the issue.  We had it on 3 of our internal =
machines.  I forgot which Windows update it was, but even when I =
uninstalled the update, RMS was still broken.
  >=20
  > The only way to fix it was to re-install RMS and the latest hotfix.
  >=20
  > --=20
  > *
  >=20
  > You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader to
  > see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a =
reader, follow
  > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with =
newsreader"
  > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
  >=20
  > http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
  >=20
  > **********
  >=20
  >   "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  >   Windows just completed an automatic update that required a =
re-boot.  Now RMS=20
  >   POS will not start.  I get the following error:  RUN-TIME ERROR =
'-2147319779=20
  >   (8002801d)':  Automation Error   Library not registered.  This is =
RMS=20
  >   1.20183.  It has been working fine for a year and a half.  Any =
suggestions?? =20
  >   The manager program works fine.
  >=20
  >          Thanks in advance,
  >=20
  >                       Tom
------=_NextPart_000_024D_01C6AA63.2ADEDA50

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Tom,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Simply re-installing to program made it =
work.&nbsp; You=20
will need to install the hotfix to bring you up to the .183 version you =
had or=20
if you are on the MS Maintenance program, you should have received a =
disk in the=20
mail last month, version 1.3R which takes you to 1.3.1002 and there have =
been 4=20
hotfixes to it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>To see the latest hotfixes;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000><A=20
href=3D"https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/hotfix=
es/RMS13HF.htm">https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/download=
s/hotfixes/RMS13HF.htm</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Must have access to =
CustomerSource</FONT></DIV>
[...]
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:6C5969C7-2D81-48F8-8682-2F8079BD3A63@microsoft.com">news:6C5=
969C7-2D81-48F8-8682-2F8079BD3A63@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Thank=20
  you for your quick response.&nbsp; How do I get the latest hotfix to =
fix=20
  <BR>this problem?<BR><BR>"Jeff" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Tom,<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; I=20
  reported this about a month ago on the reseller side and only one =
other person=20
  had had the issue.&nbsp; We had it on 3 of our internal =
machines.&nbsp; I=20
  forgot which Windows update it was, but even when I uninstalled the =
update,=20
  RMS was still broken.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; The only way to fix it was to=20
  re-install RMS and the latest hotfix.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; =
*<BR>&gt;=20
  Get Secure! - <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of =
newsgroup=20
  reader to<BR>&gt; see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you =
are not=20
  using a reader, follow<BR>&gt; the link below to setup Outlook =
Express.&nbsp;=20
  Click on "Open with newsreader"<BR>&gt; under the MS Retail Management =
System=20
  on the right.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <A=20
  href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A><BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  **********<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Tom" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Tom@discussions.microsoft.com">Tom@discussions.microsoft.c=
om</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:05743B9A-5BD1-409A-AAB9-CE623E428DE9@microsoft.com">news:057=
43B9A-5BD1-409A-AAB9-CE623E428DE9@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  Windows just completed an automatic update that required a =
re-boot.&nbsp; Now=20
  RMS <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; POS will not start.&nbsp; I get the following =

  error:&nbsp; RUN-TIME ERROR '-2147319779 <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  (8002801d)':&nbsp; Automation Error&nbsp;&nbsp; Library not =
registered.&nbsp;=20
  This is RMS <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1.20183.&nbsp; It has been working =
fine for a=20
  year and a half.&nbsp; Any suggestions??&nbsp; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
The=20
  manager program works fine.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks =
in=20
  advance,<BR>&gt;=20
  =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  Tom</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_024D_01C6AA63.2ADEDA50--

0
spam3944 (2163)
7/18/2006 7:10:32 PM
Thank you Jeff.  I re-installed RMS and then applied SP2 and the hot-fix I
had.  It worked!  I wish Microsoft wouldn't break things when they're
improving them!  Thanks again.

               Tom

"Jeff" wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Simply re-installing to program made it work.  You will need to install the hotfix to bring you up to the .183 version you had or if you are on the MS Maintenance program, you should have received a disk in the mail last month, version 1.3R which takes you to 1.3.1002 and there have been 4 hotfixes to it.
>
> To see the latest hotfixes;
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/hotfixes/RMS13HF.htm
>
> Must have access to CustomerSource
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
>   "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C5969C7-2D81-48F8-8682-2F8079BD3A63@microsoft.com...
>   Thank you for your quick response.  How do I get the latest hotfix to fix
>   this problem?
>
>   "Jeff" wrote:
>
>   > Tom,
>   >
>   > I reported this about a month ago on the reseller side and only one other person had had the issue.  We had it on 3 of our internal machines.  I forgot which Windows update it was, but even when I uninstalled the update, RMS was still broken.
>   >
>   > The only way to fix it was to re-install RMS and the latest hotfix.
>   >
>   > --
>   > *
>   > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
>   >
>   > You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
>   > see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
>   > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"
>   > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>   >
>   > http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>   >
>   > **********
>   >
>   >   "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05743B9A-5BD1-409A-AAB9-CE623E428DE9@microsoft.com...
>   >   Windows just completed an automatic update that required a re-boot.  Now RMS
>   >   POS will not start.  I get the following error:  RUN-TIME ERROR '-2147319779
>   >   (8002801d)':  Automation Error   Library not registered.  This is RMS
>   >   1.20183.  It has been working fine for a year and a half.  Any suggestions??
>   >   The manager program works fine.
>   >
>   >          Thanks in advance,
>   >
>   >                       Tom
0
Tom7430 (437)

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

Window Redirection?

update column

Meeting updates #2

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Error in Outlook Today

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

question about Time

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

Short time vs short date

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

error 553

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

80070005 error #2

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro