RMSHQ on Windows Server 2008

Anybody have experience running the RMS Headquarders Server & Client on a
Windows Server 2008 operating system? We are looking to upgrade our
application server to Windows Server 2008. On this server i would need to be
able to run the RMS HQ Server and the HQ Client application. Just curious if
anybody has good or bad news about running these applications on Windwos
Server 2008. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
--
Regards,
Andy Miller

I'm not sure yet but we run HQ v1.2 and just purchased a Windows SBS Server
2008 on a HP Proliant 350 G5. We should receive it next week and I would be
glad to post this. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of small
businesses upgrading their hardware. It's unfortunate that Microsoft doesn't
supply too much information on this.
--
Joe

"Andy Miller - Direct POS" wrote:

> Anybody have experience running the RMS Headquarders Server & Client on a
> Windows Server 2008 operating system? We are looking to upgrade our
> application server to Windows Server 2008. On this server i would need to be
> able to run the RMS HQ Server and the HQ Client application. Just curious if
> anybody has good or bad news about running these applications on Windwos
> Server 2008. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> --
> Regards,
> Andy Miller
> DirectPOS - Boise, Idaho
> andym@directpos.com
> (208) 376-8121 x244
> www.directpos.com
I'm currently running on Server 2008 SP1 using SQL server 2008 with no
problems.

Tom T

"Andy Miller - Direct POS" <amiller@directpos.com> wrote in message
> Anybody have experience running the RMS Headquarders Server & Client on a
> Windows Server 2008 operating system? We are looking to upgrade our
> application server to Windows Server 2008. On this server i would need to
> be
> able to run the RMS HQ Server and the HQ Client application. Just curious
> if
> anybody has good or bad news about running these applications on Windwos
> Server 2008. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> --
> Regards,
> Andy Miller
> DirectPOS - Boise, Idaho
> andym@directpos.com
> (208) 376-8121 x244
> www.directpos.com

0
TomT
1/22/2010 6:34:22 PM
Tom
What version of RMS are you currently using?

--
Joe

"TomT" wrote:

> I'm currently running on Server 2008 SP1 using SQL server 2008 with no
> problems.
>
> Tom T
>
> "Andy Miller - Direct POS" <amiller@directpos.com> wrote in message
> > Anybody have experience running the RMS Headquarders Server & Client on a
> > Windows Server 2008 operating system? We are looking to upgrade our
> > application server to Windows Server 2008. On this server i would need to
> > be
> > able to run the RMS HQ Server and the HQ Client application. Just curious
> > if
> > anybody has good or bad news about running these applications on Windwos
> > Server 2008. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Andy Miller
> > DirectPOS - Boise, Idaho
> > andym@directpos.com
> > (208) 376-8121 x244
> > www.directpos.com
>

> .

2.0.0123

"Joey@legends-sports" <Joeylegendssports@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:FBC18597-125C-4EF6-BE38-98A905976BA3@microsoft.com...
> Tom
> What version of RMS are you currently using?
>
> --
> Joe
>

> "TomT" wrote:
>
>> I'm currently running on Server 2008 SP1 using SQL server 2008 with no
>> problems.
>>
>> Tom T
>>
>> "Andy Miller - Direct POS" <amiller@directpos.com> wrote in message
>> > Anybody have experience running the RMS Headquarders Server & Client on
>> > Windows Server 2008 operating system? We are looking to upgrade our
>> > application server to Windows Server 2008. On this server i would need
>> > be
>> > able to run the RMS HQ Server and the HQ Client application. Just
>> > curious
>> > if
>> > anybody has good or bad news about running these applications on
>> > Windwos
>> > Server 2008. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> > Andy Miller
>> > DirectPOS - Boise, Idaho
>> > andym@directpos.com
>> > (208) 376-8121 x244
>> > www.directpos.com
>>

>> .

0
TomT

problem with RMS on windows 7
we upgraded our QB (2010) computer to windows 7, RMS (2.0 SP 2) still on XP. Previously the direct interface from RMS to QB worked perfectly, now it fails to find the QB database file. MSFT support claims the interface is not certified... eg. does not work. Apparently they are working on the issue with intuit, but no timeline is provided. Has anyone resolved this issue? -- Lasting Impressions This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CAA65D.EFC317B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

Outlook doesn't remember window size...
Hello, we have the problem that outlook doesn't remember the window size. If I want to write a new mail the 'new mail' window opens very very small (but not miminized). If I change the size of this window like I want and close the window next it opens as I closed it. -> this is what it should be. But when I close outlook and reopen it, the 'new email' window is again small. Outlook 2003, SP3 (with Exchange 2003 Server) No macros activated Word is not used as mail editor. The problem exists on 2 of 15 computers. I tried to close the window and even outlook with ctrl ...

mounting a IS from other server?
I want to delete my existing exchange because it's seriously broken, and = for the test i wanted to know if i can mount a IS from another server in = my test server. You need to do the following: 1. The test Exchange server must be installed with the same Org, Admin Group, Storage Group and Database names 2. Configure the test server database file names with the same names as production 3. Dismount the test server database 4. Delete the database and log files on the test server 5. On the test server database, check the option "This database can be overwritten by a restore" 6...

How to figure out the name of Local Exchange Server
How can you figure out the name of the local Exchange Server without asking an Admin for that information. Can you do some command in the command prompt. Arthur.Sosin@ge.com (Arthur) wrote: >How can you figure out the name of the local Exchange Server without >asking an Admin for that information. Can you do some command in the >command prompt. How do you figure out the name of any other server? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

How to connect to remote server and access the tables
I am working on Vb.Net application. I have to connect to remote server(it's IP address)(this server is not on my network). This company has provide me username, companyname and password. Once, I get connected, I get the SessionID. Now, I need to download some of the tables from here. How do I do this. Pls note, this company has some web services. If I create a reference to it's web services, how do I access it's database(tables)? I appreciate your quick response and thanku in advance If you connect just to a web services then you need to know what they return to you when y...

Strange traffic from Exchange Server
My XP personal firewall log shows some strange entries from an Exchange Server outside of my control. I have read http://www.petri.co.il/ports_used_by_exchange.htm but cannot find anything that can account for this traffic pattern. Basically, it seems to hit an increasing number of ports between 10,000 and 65,000, then start over again. Takes a few days to go through the whole range. Small sample below. Source port is an increasing range. Destination ports are - among others - 1108, 1518, 1091, 1082, 1088, 1067, 1191, 1306, etc. Mind you, this is from within a corporate firewall. Is this...

Bring an app window to the front
In my app, I have the HWND of another application (that is not written by us). From my app I want to bring this other app to the front but NOT in front of any system model dialogs that may be knocking about i.e. if this other app's window is obscured by other applications I want to bring it to be made visible., Is this impossible ? My window must always be in front of this other app, thats why I made my app system modal. If I SetWindowPos( hwndOtherApp, MyWindow, ..... ) then this initially achieves my goal, but now the other app automatically becomes system modal and so can app...

Excel 2003 Viewer: No more "Browse in same window" IE functionality?
With Excel viewer '97, by going into the file associations in explorer, you could modify the '.xls' entry and choose 'browse in same window'. In IE, this would then launch the excel attachment in the same window. After installing the recently released Excel Viewer 2003, the 'browse in same window' checkbox is greyed out. Is this a feature that was dropped in the new release? If so, is there any registry hack I can use to re-enable it? I'd really like to have the old functionality in the new version...without it, I can't push out the new version. Any hel...

Route email from second exchange server
I'm not sure if this is possible but any help would be appreciated. I am in the process of migrating Exchange from one server to another and would like to test the second server before taking the first one offline. I plan on following the steps outlined in KB822931 but I'm curious if I can have both servers coexist for some time just in case something goes wrong. Here is my current setup. Server1 OS: Standard 2003 (Upgraded from SBS using transition pack), Exchange 2003 SP2 Server2 OS: Standard 2003, Exchange 2003 SP2 Server2 has AD (replicated from server1), DHCP, DNS. W...

reinstalling office 2008 to see if it resolves the problem of slowing all my apps
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have installed office 2008 then gradually all my apps started slowing way down. I have worked with Apple service on all sorts of library repairs, cache removal and confirming all upgrades of OSX, but nothing helps. I want to reinstall my office 2008 and I have the original product key, but installed it originally with just a download, so I have no disk etc. So, how do I reinstall without the disk? ...

Restored GP 8.0 from server crash, users can't log in and SA oddit
The server that hosts GP 8.0 crashed, we had a backup and restored it. Upon boot SQL 2000 was giving us issues, we had to reinstall it to get it running again. The GP 8.0 DB's were reattached. I can see the users in their respective DB's from Enterprise Manager but when I attempt to log in as said users, it gives the dreaded: "Your SQL Server login record is not a valid user record in Great Plains. Enter a different login, or contact your Great Plains system administrator." Right now the only account that lets me on is the SA but even so, whenever I attempt to do ...

Can I designate one our computers to be the Outlook server?
I'm new to using Outlook at home and definitlely a novice a terminology but here goes ..... We use Outlook 2003. We have two computers - a PC and a notebook. I would like to set up the notebook as our Outlook "server" (have all e=mail traffic come through it and be disributed to the PC into "mailboxes or "accounts" or files, whatever the term for all family members. Can this be done and how? Outlook is a client, not a server, so, no, you cannot set up Outlook to receive mail then deliver to various mailboxes. You would need server software to do this. H...

How can I find how many exchange servers in an organization
Hi All, By programmatically, is there any way to find how many Microsoft Exchange Server is the Organization. (i.e. In big organization there will me more than one Exchange Server, I have to find how many exchange servers and also like to get the IP of each exchange server). Thanks in advance. Manu. It should be fairly simple via a script to do this, but why not use ExchDump to get loads of useful info (including the number of Exch servers)? Link is here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/03/microsoft_downl.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, an...

Moving Public Folders from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exc. Ser. 2003.
How can I move public folders from an Exchange Server 5.5 to a new Exchange Server 2003, which on a separate private network without connecting bother server on the same network? rekaman@gmail.com wrote in news:1144768961.479044.323920 @t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > How can I move public folders from an Exchange Server 5.5 to a new > Exchange Server 2003, which on a separate private network without > connecting bother server on the same network? Export them to PST? Regards, -- R. Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com Thank you very mu...

Exchange and SMTP and Web Servers
I have a Win2003 web server with SMTP enabled and we use it to send email from within several web applications ... my question may be some what basic but how does the mail flow out ... Does the web server send the email directly or does the email get routed to an Exchange server ? ... and if the web server sends the email out directly is there a way to make the web server send all mail to an Exchange server for additional processing? Our Exchange severs have some sort of "Mail Guard" that will scan all out going emails ... and I need to have the emails that are sent from the web se...

Test and Production Install on same server
We are looking to install Microsoft CRM on our server. We would like to be able to install the demo database for testing and training purposes and then when ready install our live database. MBS Tech support is telling us that we can use the same SQL Server for the 2 databases but that you can't have the 2 Microsot CRM Server installs on the same server. Has anyone out their found any type of work-around that makes this doable? It is simply not practical for us to add another server to our network simply to install the sample database for Microsoft CRM. How have others deal...

SQL Server reporting services
Has anyone tried to install the new SQL Server reporting services on a server running CRM and SQL Server? I'm getting an error during install saying that the data base is invalid but i've applied all the right service packs as far as i can tell. So the only thing i can think of is that the CRM is causing issues. ...

Server Mail retention with outlook
Hi, Is it possible to have outlook POP3 setup so as I could keep all my messages on the server and at the same time outlook is smart enough to know which are the new messages to download? sometimes, it downloads all my messages all over again.... Regards, MWGP Certainly you can but it is most likely your AV scanner that is causing = the problem with your multiple downloads of email, not Outlook. Disable = scanning email. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted ...

ie 8 in windows XP crash
ie 8 loads PDF file then crashes, reloads file then crashes..... IE 8 is upto date Adobe reader 9.3 is up to date Any suggestions. "Tmeister" wrote: > ie 8 loads PDF file then crashes, reloads file then crashes..... > > IE 8 is upto date > Adobe reader 9.3 is up to date > > Any suggestions. Get rid of Adobe reader & get Foxit--faster, much smaller & less complicated. Been using it for 2 years with no problems, even when message is "must have Adobe...." TIC "Tmeister" wrote: > ie 8 loads PDF file...

Exchange 2010 DAG with 2 DPM 2010 server
I have a test environment with two Exchange 2010 servers. They have a DAG that is protecting the mailbox database. I downloaded the trial version of DPM 2010 to test and verify that it will work for us. I setup the primary DPM server and it is protecting the mailbox DB in the DAG just fine. When I setup the secondary DPM server (offsite) to backup the primary DPM server the secondary DPM server can not see the any resources on the exchange servers other than the system drives. I create the protection group on the secondary server. I drill down on the primary DPM server an...

adjusable columns in original dynamics windows
adjusable columns in original dynamics windows, that you can sort on and size properly. Is there a way to post a screenshot to show you what i'm on about ?? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGr...

Receiving UDP streaming through Windows Media Player
Hi All, I am using Windows Media Player Version 11.0.5721.5268 and VLC version 1.0.3 I am trying to stream video over UDP between two media players, the transmitter is VLC and the receiver is Windows Media Player. To roll out networking problem I have installed VLC and Windows Media Player on the same IP host and I use 127.0.0.1 or the IP address assigned to the computer from my DHCP server. Please send free to send your reply as well to ramig-at-comsysmobile-dot-com I manage to do so when the receiver is VLC as well -- so there is no networking or firewall issue. My...

Homepage Quick Links for Fixed Assetss Windows
Similar to other GP windows, the fixed assets windows should be allowed to be added to a user's homepage as a Quick Link. -- Haiden Turner Winged Disc Technologies, LLC Dallas, Texas ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Business...

Outlook Task Window Flickering Rapidly
I am running Outlook 2007, but the same issue happened in Outlook 2003. When I go to the Task window and click the field labeled "Click Here to Add a New Task", the entire window begins to flicker rapidly as soon as I start typing. It still allows me to enter the task without any issue, but it is very annoying. The only way to make it stop is to select another open window and then go back to the Outlook window. Any ideas? I cannot find anything on this. Thanks. ...

Window placement problem: SW_HIDE, GetWindowPlacement, SetWindowPlacement etc.
Hi, In my OnInitDialog method I have some controls decide whether it's appropriate for them to be visible. If they decide against being visible, they'll call SetWindowPlacement for hiding and do some rearranging of other controls. To do all of this in a neatly manner, a control in progress of hiding wants to know the "hidden" state of other controls in the same dialog. One would expect GetWindowPlacement to be a nice source of this information. But the GetWindowPlacement / SetWindowPlacement combo seems very unreliable to me. I've narrowed it down to this: WI...