RMS with Retail Analytics & Merchandise Planning

Hi all,

my company just recently upgraded from RMS 1.3 to RMS 2.0. We do have this
software called RAMP (Retail Analytics & Merchandise Planning) installed.
That is like OLAP cube built based on the data in the RMS database; which
uses excel as a platform. After the upgrade. the RAMP software stopped
updating the data; in other word. it is not pulling any new information from
the RMS database. What is going on? Please advice.
0
Tommy1 (44)
8/30/2007 5:40:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00AE_01C7ECC7.451B69E0

Tommy,

Have you contacted the makers of RAMP?  There may be an update for it.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "tommy" <tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Hi all,=20

  my company just recently upgraded from RMS 1.3 to RMS 2.0. We do have =
this=20
  software called RAMP (Retail Analytics & Merchandise Planning) =
installed.=20
  That is like OLAP cube built based on the data in the RMS database; =
which=20
  uses excel as a platform. After the upgrade. the RAMP software stopped =

  updating the data; in other word. it is not pulling any new =
information from=20
  the RMS database. What is going on? Please advice.
------=_NextPart_000_00AE_01C7ECC7.451B69E0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16527" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; =
COLOR: #008000; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" =
acc_role=3D"text"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV>Tommy,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Have you contacted the makers of RAMP?&nbsp; There may be an update =
for=20
it.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A title=3Dhttp://tinyurl.com/75bgz=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"tommy" &lt;<A title=3Dmailto:tommy@discussions.microsoft.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:tommy@discussions.microsoft.com">tommy@discussions.microso=
ft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  title=3Dnews:65D2E098-42C4-4915-83A3-3883B07221ED@microsoft.com=20
  =
href=3D"news:65D2E098-42C4-4915-83A3-3883B07221ED@microsoft.com">news:65D=
2E098-42C4-4915-83A3-3883B07221ED@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hi=20
  all, <BR><BR>my company just recently upgraded from RMS 1.3 to RMS =
2.0. We do=20
  have this <BR>software called RAMP (Retail Analytics &amp; Merchandise =

  Planning) installed. <BR>That is like OLAP cube built based on the =
data in the=20
  RMS database; which <BR>uses excel as a platform. After the upgrade. =
the RAMP=20
  software stopped <BR>updating the data; in other word. it is not =
pulling any=20
  new information from <BR>the RMS database. What is going on? Please=20
advice.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00AE_01C7ECC7.451B69E0--

0
cptsoft (1248)
9/2/2007 1:38:20 AM
Tommy,

Assuming you get RAMP working again, I'm curious to know you satisfatction
with it... I've been considering it.

John

"Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:

> Tommy,
>
> Have you contacted the makers of RAMP?  There may be an update for it.
>
> --
>
> Jeff
> Check Point Software

> You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of
> newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
> follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
>   "tommy" <tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>   Hi all,
>
>   my company just recently upgraded from RMS 1.3 to RMS 2.0. We do have
> this
>   software called RAMP (Retail Analytics & Merchandise Planning)
> installed.
>   That is like OLAP cube built based on the data in the RMS database;
> which
>   uses excel as a platform. After the upgrade. the RAMP software stopped
>   updating the data; in other word. it is not pulling any new information
> from
>   the RMS database. What is going on? Please advice.

0
sbtc (3)
9/6/2007 7:48:02 PM
Hi Tommy,

Professional Advantage is the developer of the RAMP product.  To my
knowledge we are unaware of any issues you may be having.   Please, Please
contact us so we can get this resolved.

I can be reached at 701 235 2363 ext 248 or at jenl@profad.com.

Thanks,

Jen

"tommy" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> my company just recently upgraded from RMS 1.3 to RMS 2.0. We do have this
> software called RAMP (Retail Analytics & Merchandise Planning) installed.
> That is like OLAP cube built based on the data in the RMS database; which
> uses excel as a platform. After the upgrade. the RAMP software stopped
> updating the data; in other word. it is not pulling any new information from
> the RMS database. What is going on? Please advice.
0
JenLosch (82)

does microsoft RMS integrate with .php shopping carts such as MAGE
does microsoft RMS integrate with .php shopping carts such as MAGENTO? RMS does not really integrate directly with most shopping cart software. There are some companies, such as Nitrosell, that have developed shopping carts that specifically integrate with RMS, otherwise its all about commutation from the shopping card to RMS. What you need is a software that will create a bridge between the website/shopping card and RMS. We offer such a program called RMS Web Portal. Retail Realms & New West Technologies have similar offerings. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail I...

Is there a Template for an event planning checkoff list?
I plan events and want to have a checkoff list format. Do yo know of such a template that is available in Office, word or excel? Microsoft provides these planning templates . . . http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101423511033.aspx -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "ptgeneral" wrote: > I plan events and want to have a checkoff list format. Do yo know of such a > template that is available in Office, word or excel? ...

RMS batch postings to SBA out of balance
While setting up a new deployment of RMS and SMA I have encountered a series of 'batches out of balance' issues which is preventing natural posting. I have checked my account mapping and am confident in it's accuracy. How can I error trap in RMS to see where the issue is? Help !! -- Gil Gil, I haven't looked at SBA in a year, but I think there is a error log file in either the RMS SO folder or the SBA folder. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attac...

download home plan
I just purchased Visio Standard 2003 and I want to make a home plan. When I go to the building template the only plan I get is for office. There is no template for a home plan. How do I find it and download it or do I need the professional visio 2003 to do that?? You need Visio Pro for that...but I'll let you in on a neat trick. If it's just specific shapes you are looking for, just search for them in the Shape Search. You'll find all the Visio Pro shapes there. You can set different drawing scales in the Page Setup dialog (so you don't need Pro for that). -- Lori Pe...

Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se
Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in the cd? Yes it will work and you can use the drivers provided my Microsoft. "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9146817C-4E6E-4584-8AEA-DDC12D99BB44@microsoft.com... > Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use > the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in > the > cd? but the one i have is a usb interface, the opos driver fro...

POS (not RMS) Itemized Report on Hourly Sales by Category
We would like to create a report to monitor hourly sales sorted by category. Can anyone offer some guidance? M Kalmus We would also like some advice on how to export the hourly sales graph data into a CSV format. "Mark Kalmus" <dogtoothcoffee@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%237N5plQQIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > We would like to create a report to monitor hourly sales sorted by > category. > > Can anyone offer some guidance? > > M Kalmus > hi Mark, I am confuse about your post, you mentioned in first one that you want hourly report, se...

Microsoft exam for RMS 2.0
Hi I will be trying for certification in RMS 2.0 this Thursday, does anyone have or know where I can get some sample questions which might appear in the exam. Thanks Gareth hi Gaz, Sample I am not sure but I made my own Q&A consider look at the administration database part, license for the evluation, period, restore, backup collation, in SO all things they normally cover security is not that much. and POS also cover a lot. I will see if I can send you the email of my own Q&a send me your email. "Gaz" wrote: > Hi > I will be trying for certification in RMS 2.0 t...

RMS needs to hardcode mandatory authorization codes for Credit Car
RMS should not allow changes to Visa or MasterCard Tender types once its installed. EDC should be fixed so credit card transactions need an auth code or the cashier can not proceed with the transactions. We had a merchant find out the hard way on this. The till should not open w/o an auth code. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mark Lawrence Heartland Payment Systems www.merchantbillofrights.com ...

Copy Analytical Accounting Tables
Currently have Analytical Accounting setup for one company. Does anybody know of a way to copy these tables to another company? Trying to prevent a whole another day of putting all of this information into the new company database. Thanks, Kevin Precipio, You can use Copy Company Setup tool that provided by Microsoft, the tool Copies all the setup information from one company to another in SQL. You can choose between what module information to send over to the new company. You can download the tool by clicking the link below (You may be requested to provide your customersource pass...

RMS Signature Capture on Receipt Solution
Dear Partners, We have released our new solution for RMS Signature Capture on receipt. If you are interested please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com ...

>>>Live Chat Today 10:00amPST:Microsoft Dynamics RMS
Do you have questions about creating and maintaining matrix items in Microsoft Dynamics RMS? Want to learn more about component items, dimension sets, and attributes? Chat with Retail Management System feature experts about these or any other matrix item issues. Sign-up: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx September 13, 2007 10:00 A.M. Pacific Time -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. How can we find out about RMS chat events with a bit longer notice /. Robert "Retail Solutions Team[MSFT]" wrote: >...

RMS 1.3 vs. 2.0
We are currently running RMS 1.3. We have access to the 2.0 SW version, but haven't been able to see a good comparison between 1.3 and 2.0. What does it deliver in addition to 1.3? What are the reasons people upgrade for? For 2.0 You do not need dongle anymore. It has 4GB DB Better feature for matrix item Better discount feature for discount items You can Mix and match by unit price and Mix and match : percent off and It has all the hotfixes. You should log in to customer source for more info. -- "sabribo" <sabribo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

RMS Work Order Add-In
HAMILTON, ON - December 5, 2006 - Advanced Computer Systems Inc is pleased to announce the release of their latest add-in for Microsoft’s Retail Management System (RMS) platform, the Advanced Work Order System (AWS). AWS features direct integration with the RMS database, allowing stores to expand the role of RMS into their service business. AWS was developed in co-operation with a number of service depots and repair centres who are using RMS for their retail operations. With AWS, technicians and service managers are able to enter work order details from a back-office station, indicatin...

Support plan renewal
I just logged on to customer source and noticed that my support plan had expired a few weeks ago (DEC). I would have thought that I would have received a notification that it was about to expire, along with info on how to renew it. Is Microsoft offering a grace period to renew without penalty, I know they've done it in the past. How do I renew it, through my partner or microsoft direct? Thanks Bill Hobby Central Usually if you pay within 30 days your are ok. check now and get it take care of before late fees are applied. You VAR should be able to take care of this. -- Crysta...

MS Offcie Accounting and RMS
Will the Microsoft RMS package integrate with new Microsoft Office Accounting 2006 package. It is in Beta now but this prospect wants a total Microsoft integrated solution. Pat I guess it would depend on how intricate they want the accounting solution to be I suppose. Have they considered Great Plains? "Pat@arms" wrote: > Will the Microsoft RMS package integrate with new Microsoft Office Accounting > 2006 package. It is in Beta now but this prospect wants a total Microsoft > integrated solution. > > Pat > At some point there will be a SKU from Microsoft...

When will we have an integrated RMS(Sale)-CRM-SBF(Accounting) ?
We will be happy to see a product combining Sales, Accounting, and Customer relationship Manager. It is easy to use, and flexable. This product can have different options, like; only sales, sales+accounting, or sales+accounting+CRM with different pricing structure depanding on customer needs. We are really frustrated westing our time trying to figure out how to integrate these softwares. Microsoft has all the recourses and know-how to do a better job. This concept can make Microsoft instantly market leader in this segment. Thank you ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Planning Tools
The Implementation Guide refers to some planning files such as excel spreadsheets and visio diagrams that are said to be found in the Planning Tools folder. I cannot find any such folder. Anyone know where these files can be found? Thanks, Chris There is a download somewhere, called Planning_Files.exe, that creates the planningtools folder and contents - probably/I think from www.microsoft.com/downloads -- Peter Lynch "Chris Hedlund" <chrishedlund@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eFIzM%23NtGHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > The Implementation Guide refers t...

How can i make an action Plan?
please farwad me a detail excil table There are templates on the Microsoft web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/default.aspx Search for Action Plan, and you may find something that you can use. Mahwish wrote: > please farwad me a detail excil table -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

RMS Troubleshooting and Basic Set up v4/3/2005
http://www.simonajewelry.com/rms.aspx I have decided to post the information on the net because ms newsgroup does not have a long message retention. Natt ...

RMS for dance studios
Is anyone using RMS for managing dance classes? Are there any add ins that work? -- Jeff Hi Jeff, Haven't heard of RMS used in a dance academy, but if You can specify what You want / need RMS to do for You, maybe I can give you more details, of the standard functions and for possible add-ons... Feel free to contact me (antonijo_todorovik@hotmail.com) Regards, Antonijo -- ADTodorovik "jstone" wrote: > Is anyone using RMS for managing dance classes? Are there any add ins that > work? > -- > Jeff JStone, RMS has lots of features, why dont you post what y...

Can RMS handle Dimensional or Cubic sales quantities?
I've got a number of customers using a custom based DOS POS system. They want to begin using a windows based POS system. Their primary sales quantities involve entering square feet or cubic feet. The inventory would then need to be updated on the completion of the sale. I've been researching a variety of POS systems on the market to see how customizable they are to handle such a task. So far none have. I've not seen RMS from the developers perspective, but I'm guessing at two potential solutions. 1. When in the quantity field during the sale, press a function ke...

Bio Scan for MS-RMS & MS-POS
Several of my clients would like to add Bio Scan to their existing or pending Point of Sale systems. This is becoming an industry standard and would add value to our offerings. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

Credit Card Transactions Through MS RMS ?
Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations on how to go about this and who to contact ? We currently operate with a standalone Barclays PDQ terminal which takes 20 -30 per transaction ! (My customers complain how long it takes). I would ideally like to utilise our broadband line to authorise and send transactions through, currently we are paying for an additional line for the pdq as it dials up for each transaction. Any experiances with UK venders would be of great help. Thanks - Paul This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03F1_01C6F841.D3381AF0 ...

System crash Unable to restart RMS
Hi, I have been using Microsft RMS for Past year and a half for operations at my small speciality grocery store. I have had a fair smooth experience with RMS during this time, aside from a few lockups and crashes every now and then. Couple of days ago, my system crashed in a middle of a transaction, and immdiately restarted. Both Manager and POS modules were running on the computer at the time. Cashier notified the the Supervisor about the hold up in the processing of the transaction. Supervisor mistakenly assuming that the system had froze manually restarted the system while system was in pr...

business floor plans
I'm new to Visio and I have a project for work using Visio Professional. I need to create floor plans for an office bldg. of six floors. I need the easiest way of using Visio to create the floor plans with offices, cubicles, conference rms, space areas with pc,faxes, printers. But, I also need to tie each piece of office equipments asset tag with it's location. Locations that include employee, employee ID #, equipment serial #, type of equipment, etc. I'm having a tough time simply putting cubicles in the diagram 'cause there are so many that I seem to run out of...