RMS Version 3.0

Hi,
is there any news about RMS Version 3.0?
I can't find any information about a release date.

Thanks,

Timo
0
Timo2758 (5)
4/3/2008 1:19:08 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I remember when participating in the 1.3 web cast MS also outlined the next
version timelines. At that time release 3.0 was scheduled for the first
quarter of 2008. Well, the quarter has come and gone and no word about 3.0.
Nothing from my reseller either nor from the beta team (I had volunteered to
become a beta tester).

I just see my maintenance dollars wasted yet again for not getting anything
for it.

Here we have a product that is supposed to be better then the competitors
but MS does not do anything to keep their current customers happy by
providing more and better functionality, or fixing bugs we still have for
several years now.

It is just like with the previous versions, we had timelines which were/are
totally meaningless.

"Timo" <Timo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> is there any news about RMS Version 3.0?
> I can't find any information about a release date.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Timo

0
Gerd9246 (12)
4/6/2008 8:55:53 PM
I've been told that Q1 08 would be July-Sept as they go by Fiscal Year, not
Calendar Year.

"Gerd Goebel" <Gerd@BAVARIAN-CONS.COM> wrote in message
>I remember when participating in the 1.3 web cast MS also outlined the next
>version timelines. At that time release 3.0 was scheduled for the first
>quarter of 2008. Well, the quarter has come and gone and no word about 3.0.
>Nothing from my reseller either nor from the beta team (I had volunteered
>to become a beta tester).
>
> I just see my maintenance dollars wasted yet again for not getting
> anything for it.
>
> Here we have a product that is supposed to be better then the competitors
> but MS does not do anything to keep their current customers happy by
> providing more and better functionality, or fixing bugs we still have for
> several years now.
>
> It is just like with the previous versions, we had timelines which
> were/are totally meaningless.
>
> "Timo" <Timo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> is there any news about RMS Version 3.0?
>> I can't find any information about a release date.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Timo

0
anonymous (74722)
4/7/2008 5:12:29 PM
Hi Timo, you may not be aware that developing a new product that's
supposedly going to be quite different from RMS 2.0 is quite a task.
If you were at Microsoft Convergence you probably got wind of where
RMS 3.0 is heading and whose going to test the product.  Because of
contractual agreements between the clients and Microsoft I can't state
too much.  To give you an idea, a client in the Seattle area will be
testing RMS 3.0 by May/June time frame and if all goes well it will be
launched by Aug/Oct.  I wouldn't hold my breath, hitting development
launch dates never happens as expected.  Working out the bugs before a
launch is quite exhausting.   RMS 3.0 is quite different than RMS 2.0
and this is not a simple upgrade in feature sets, so I would be very
surprised to see any release this year.  You just never know though.

Luke

Hey Microsoft is famous for releaseing things not ready just look at Vista
:-)

0
Rick5747 (287)
4/8/2008 2:56:49 PM
I believe most people understand that it takes awhile to develop a complex
application such as RMS.  I think what all of us want, is more communication
from Microsoft as to what is going on with the product future just like they
do for other products.  Because they want us to keep paying for the
"Software Assurance" program but all we get is fixes for problem with the
product that we should
be getting for free in the first place.

"Luke" <pos_reseller@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi Timo, you may not be aware that developing a new product that's
> supposedly going to be quite different from RMS 2.0 is quite a task.
> If you were at Microsoft Convergence you probably got wind of where
> RMS 3.0 is heading and whose going to test the product.  Because of
> contractual agreements between the clients and Microsoft I can't state
> too much.  To give you an idea, a client in the Seattle area will be
> testing RMS 3.0 by May/June time frame and if all goes well it will be
> launched by Aug/Oct.  I wouldn't hold my breath, hitting development
> launch dates never happens as expected.  Working out the bugs before a
> launch is quite exhausting.   RMS 3.0 is quite different than RMS 2.0
> and this is not a simple upgrade in feature sets, so I would be very
> surprised to see any release this year.  You just never know though.
>
> Luke

0
nospam7515 (2084)
4/9/2008 10:17:50 PM
ditto

"Nate" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I believe most people understand that it takes awhile to develop a complex
>application such as RMS.  I think what all of us want, is more
>communication from Microsoft as to what is going on with the product future
>just like they do for other products.  Because they want us to keep paying
>for the "Software Assurance" program but all we get is fixes for problem
>with the product that we should
> be getting for free in the first place.
>

> "Luke" <pos_reseller@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Timo, you may not be aware that developing a new product that's
>> supposedly going to be quite different from RMS 2.0 is quite a task.
>> If you were at Microsoft Convergence you probably got wind of where
>> RMS 3.0 is heading and whose going to test the product.  Because of
>> contractual agreements between the clients and Microsoft I can't state
>> too much.  To give you an idea, a client in the Seattle area will be
>> testing RMS 3.0 by May/June time frame and if all goes well it will be
>> launched by Aug/Oct.  I wouldn't hold my breath, hitting development
>> launch dates never happens as expected.  Working out the bugs before a
>> launch is quite exhausting.   RMS 3.0 is quite different than RMS 2.0
>> and this is not a simple upgrade in feature sets, so I would be very
>> surprised to see any release this year.  You just never know though.
>>
>> Luke

0
anonymous (74722)

Great Plains Standard installation 8.0
On the test server we have installed the program and the data tables on the same server. When we go live, we intend to install the program on one server and the data on another. Will this be a problem? Is there anything in particular we need to do for this? How will license work. Will this be looking at Database server or the application server. What happens when I do upgrade or apply service pack. Please advice. Also, has someone run into this scenario. What are the advantages and disadvatages of the above scenarion. Thanks again By the sounds of what you describe you are simply ins...

crm token #3
when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) immediatly in the subject of the message i just see the icon without the token number No, you cant able to see token right. it will append when perform send event -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "daoud hanna" wrote: > when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) > immediatly in the subject of the message > i just see the icon without the to...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

SBS 2008 Std.
Setup: SBS 2008 Std, with two WinXP Pro PC's in the domain. Firewall is a SonicWall TZ-100. ISP is Windstream. We've had the server less than a month and are slowly rolling out features. Convinced the boss to let me install WSUS, but I'm confused. In a previous job I managed SBS 2003 with ISA 2004; it was quite clear what my proxy server was. However, that was the ONLY network I ever worked in as the sole admin. What's going on is that I can't detect computers from within the SBS console. I'm pretty sure I got the GPO's right for the PC's and ...

Microsoft Publisher 2003 #3
Will Microsoft Publisher 2003 install on multiple computers? If so how many can it install on? Thanks. If you have an OEM version, it can only be installed on one system. If you have a full version, you can install it on one desktop system and one laptop. They cannot be used at the same time. Also, you will have to call Microsoft to activate the second copy. That is the ONLY legal way to have it installed on more than one computer. Please be aware if you have an older version of Publisher and it is installed on more than one computer, you violated Microsoft's end user license agre...

Quickbooks RMS integration problem
I am trying to figure out how to integrate Quickbooks 2005 Premier with RMS 1.2. I have 2 PCs, a POS/Server up front and a backoffice PC with Quickbooks. In Manager on the backoffice PC I have selected File, Configuration, Accounting Tab, selected Quickbooks 2003, Retrieve and it says it has successfully connected with Quickbooks. However, when I try to set up the GL Accounts by going to Journal, GL Account Setup I get the account mapping table but I am unable to select any accounts (all cells are empty and I cannot manually pick the accounts from a list, there is nothing there). What am I mis...

International Version
I noticed that there is an Money 2004 International version for a 30-day trial. However, there doesn't seem to be any information about the difference between the International version vs. the US version for the real product. I am a US citizen living overseas and wonder if I should get a US version or an international version. I am worry when I need to go back to the states, all my data file cannot convert to the US version of Money. Joe If you intend to return to the USA, you should keep with the US Versions as the International versions are not compatible and include none ...

Undeliverable messages #3
Hello all, I am getting lots of these undeliverable messages even to emails within my own domain. Any idea why or who to diagnose? please advise. Undeliverable: Contract System Administrator Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Contract Sent: 12/30/2006 8:19 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'nospam@nospam.com' on 12/30/2006 8:19 AM 554 <'nospam@nospam.com>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied ''nospam@nospam.com2 on 12/30/2006 8:19 AM 554 <...

upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0 #2
I am upgrading from version 1.2 to version 2.0 and I have a couple of questions about the upgrade. 1) Is there any step by step or relevant documentation on this upgrade? 2) do I need to upgrade to v1.3 before going directly to 2.0? 3) can I install 2.0 on a box that doesn't have any RMS loaded already? 4) What is the most difficult part of the upgrade (hardware,settings,etc)? Thanks for your time. ...

Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0
Hi! We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter. Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be preferable to printing eg through mailmerge. I'm n...

Credit card payment #3
Why is my credit card payment, which is properly shown in the "credit" column, being added to the total balance, rather than being subtracted? And, come to think of it, my running balance, instead of showing a gradually increasing negative (shown in red) balance, is actually a gradually increasing postive balance. So my statement balance of -2,000 or so is shown as 2,000 in black, which then doubled when I made my payment. In microsoft.public.money, paddle2thesea wrote: >Why is my credit card payment, which is properly shown in the "credit" >column, being ad...

CRM 3 Slow Web Interface
Hello, I have 1 installation on Win2003 SBS Premium with 2GB Memory. The server performance is usually at 5% but the CRM 3.0 Web Client is very slow, it takes a minute to load the page from Account to Contacts in local network. the settings tabs works fast, e.g. settings > templates > e-mail templates but if I click in workplace then it takes a minute to load the page any ideas on how to fix it ? thank you athan Athan, there are many aspects to performance, so I don't know of any simple answers but I have a few questions. Once the pages have been loaded for the first time ...

Employee Expense Description on Check Stub #3
How do you add the description from Employee Expense Entry in Project Accounting to the Payables check with stub on top and bottom? Thanks, Jocelyn ...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

About FRx 6.7 for Great Plains 8.0
"Table Failed to Open" has been prompted after generating the report even I was using the sample provided. How could it be solved? Hi Alexis, This sounds like a connection problem with your database(s), maybe both the samples andd/or your live GP data. Are you able to quickly perform a "dump" of the chart of accounts in a new row format. Steps = New Row Format >> Edit >> Add Rows from chart of accounts You may also want to check your settings under: Company >> Information and confirm that your ODBC settings are correct ( or pervasive if you are ...

GP 10.0 Fails to install .Net Framework 2.0 not installed
I'm trying to install GP 10.0 on server. We have .net framework 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 installed. We have windows sharepoint services installed on framework 3.0. When we try to install, it is returing error .Net framework 2.0 not installed and ending prematurely. I've tried the workaround provided in Partnersource (KB ID 947538) for .Net 2.0 sp1. However it is not working. Thanks Jack - unfortunately, unless you write out the command line scripts exactly as they say in the KB, it will continue to bomb. Microsoft is costing us hours and hours worth of unbillable time to work aroun...

MS Excel #3
Does any one know the formula for converting positive figures to Negatives =IF(A1>0,-A1,A1) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Gav" <Gav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7EDC7FA-078E-430C-86F0-A1DBB858D325@microsoft.com... > Does any one know the formula for converting positive figures to Negatives =if(a1>0,-a1,a1) or ... =-abs(a1) ========== If you're careful, you can do this without formulas. Put -1 in an empty cell copy that cell select your cells to change (click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent) edit|paste special|check multiply Clean ...

Home Loan #3
hi I found a website having amazing home loan as well as student loan related helps... u can also find tex and investment related help and topics over thr .. visit the site.. http://onlinemoneycontrol.com go and check it.. cya bye.. ...

CRM 3 Talking Stock & Finance Software
Hello all, I want to integrate MS Crm 3 and our stock & finance software Any body can help me ? Stock software using MS Sql Server DB. they have installed same server. for example When i create an account in stock software or CRM account must be create both. How ? I'd look into the following to support your integration requirements: 1. 3rd Party Microsoft CRM Integration software with ODBC support such as Scribe Software: http://www.scribesoftware.com/mscrm.asp 2. Microsoft CRM SDK to custom build the integration: v3.0 SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.as...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

debug version of eboot hangs (x86)
I am using PB 6.0 and Intel version 2.4 BSP (x86). When I build by release image, the eboot (release version) works just fine: ************************************************************ Microsoft Windows CE BIOS Bootloader Version 2.2 (Built Jul 14 2005) INFO: code=0x4. INFO: code=0x4. INFO: code=0x4. Jumping to image (address=0x1391DC) Microsoft Windows CE Bootloader Co...

Transferring users from 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
I am trying to upgrade a 25-user 1.2 installation to a 10-user 3.0 setup. Only 7 of the 25 licenses are being used. When I run the setup, I receive the following message: There are not enough Microsoft CRM 3.0 licenses to include all the users from Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the upgrade. Please add enough licenses to cover all the active users or deactivate some users to match the number of licenses. As I said there are only seven active users, so there shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks. Berk; I've never seen the error, but p...

OL Contact -> CRM 3.0 Account ?
From what I know so far, I can enable an Outlook contact for tracking in CRM which in fact after creation of the contact in CRM creates a bidirectional link b/w the Outlook und CRM representation of the contact, tracking and automatically synchronizing changes between the two. So far so good. Now, quite a few of the contacts we have in our Outlook environement are really accounts (in CRM speak). Is there any (built-in or other) way to migrate them from Outlook to CRM Accounts without having to reenter all the data? Thanks, Markus And to extend the scope: What about the other dire...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

Configure incoming e-mail settings (Windows SharePoiint Services 3
Good day Everybody ! I have installed Win2K3 SP1, Project Server 2K7 with WSS 3.0, SQL Server 2005 SP1. I want to set up Incoming e-mail setting with combination of SMTP server and WSS 3.0 as I do not have MS Exchange Server installed. I created a new Org Unit as sharepoint with apprpriate permissions as per TechNet step-by-step procedure. I have not created a Contact in this OU. I have entered the following information regarding the Incoming e-mail settings : Enable sites on this server to receive e-mail - YES Settings Mode - Automatic Use the SharePoint Directory Management ...