RMS using Mercury Payment Systems

How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing?

0
Fred1060 (110)
8/31/2006 6:33:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Fred" wrote:

> How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing?
>
> Use this link

http://www.mercurypay.com/resources/RMSInstallGuidetpi.pdf

It's the install guide pretty simple
Thanks for your help. This looks pretty straight forward.  But the links to
the plugins don't work.

"JereHurn@zeroedin" wrote:

> "Fred" wrote:
>
> > How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing?
> >
> > Use this link
>
> http://www.mercurypay.com/resources/RMSInstallGuidetpi.pdf
>
> It's the install guide pretty simple
0
Fred1060 (110)
8/31/2006 7:45:02 PM
You dont need plug ins for Mercury unless your using the TPI software for
check verification. Mercury should have given you a Merchant Account number
then it's just configuring the EDC setup under the Admin program. And no
worries I had difficulty with Mercury at first but the setup is super simple.
If you need further help you can contact me I have had some success since my
first configuration of the Mercury EDC setup.
Jere Hurn
zeroedin, inc.
jere.hurn@zeroedinsolutions.com

"Fred" wrote:

> Thanks for your help. This looks pretty straight forward.  But the links to
> the plugins don't work.
>

> "JereHurn@zeroedin" wrote:
>

> > "Fred" wrote:
> >
> > > How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing?
> > >
> > > Use this link
> >
> > http://www.mercurypay.com/resources/RMSInstallGuidetpi.pdf
> >
> > It's the install guide pretty simple
Jere,

I could use some basic setup guidelines for Mercury Payment Systems.  It
looks like there aren't many options in there so besides merchant number what
should the other settings be set to!?

Thanks in advance,

Billy

"JereHurn@zeroedin" wrote:

> You dont need plug ins for Mercury unless your using the TPI software for
> check verification. Mercury should have given you a Merchant Account number
> then it's just configuring the EDC setup under the Admin program. And no
> worries I had difficulty with Mercury at first but the setup is super simple.
> If you need further help you can contact me I have had some success since my
> first configuration of the Mercury EDC setup.
> Jere Hurn
> zeroedin, inc.
> jere.hurn@zeroedinsolutions.com
>
> "Fred" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your help. This looks pretty straight forward.  But the links to
> > the plugins don't work.

> > > http://www.mercurypay.com/resources/RMSInstallGuidetpi.pdf
> > >
> > > It's the install guide pretty simple
0
ThinkPOS (4)
1/13/2007 2:48:00 AM
Billy,

Here you go.
http://www.mercurypay.com/resources/RMSInstallGuideMPS.pdf

Regards,
Marc Katz
Mercury Payment Systems

ThinkPOS wrote:
> Jere,
>
> I could use some basic setup guidelines for Mercury Payment Systems.  It
> looks like there aren't many options in there so besides merchant number what
> should the other settings be set to!?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Billy
>
> "JereHurn@zeroedin" wrote:
>
> > You dont need plug ins for Mercury unless your using the TPI software for
> > check verification. Mercury should have given you a Merchant Account number
> > then it's just configuring the EDC setup under the Admin program. And no
> > worries I had difficulty with Mercury at first but the setup is super simple.
> > If you need further help you can contact me I have had some success since my
> > first configuration of the Mercury EDC setup.
> > Jere Hurn
> > zeroedin, inc.
> > jere.hurn@zeroedinsolutions.com
> >
> > "Fred" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for your help. This looks pretty straight forward.  But the links to
> > > the plugins don't work.

0
mkatz (17)
1/13/2007 4:00:22 AM
Hey Marc,

Funny we should meet this way I work at Think Network technologies in
Durango.  I just got done with  a lab session and have a MUCH better grasp on
RMS!!  I got cetified over a year ago and their was little demand in the area
but now I am starting a POS division at the shop and we will be supporting
RMS and Maitre'D mainly.  I need to get ahold of a few people at Mercury to
come and get a tour and some tech info from your guys.  I also do maintenance
over at Profit Streams (when John is on vacay) and have been talking to Jeff
and Jake about getting some test sites for Maitre'D once I have had time to
get aquainted.  Think has been extremely busy and I just now have gotten my
labs setup.  I have helped out Elizabeth over at Foundations and will be
helping them out much more in the near future.  I still had v1.2 setup, just
installed SP3 and now have the option to choose preferred acquirer so it
makes much more sense in EDC setup....

Regards and hope to meet you soon,

Billy @ ThinkPOS

"mkatz" wrote:

> Billy,
>
> Here you go.
> http://www.mercurypay.com/resources/RMSInstallGuideMPS.pdf
>
> Regards,
> Marc Katz
> Mercury Payment Systems
>
> ThinkPOS wrote:
> > Jere,
> >
> > I could use some basic setup guidelines for Mercury Payment Systems.  It
> > looks like there aren't many options in there so besides merchant number what
> > should the other settings be set to!?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Billy
> >
> > "JereHurn@zeroedin" wrote:
> >
> > > You dont need plug ins for Mercury unless your using the TPI software for
> > > check verification. Mercury should have given you a Merchant Account number
> > > then it's just configuring the EDC setup under the Admin program. And no
> > > worries I had difficulty with Mercury at first but the setup is super simple.
> > > If you need further help you can contact me I have had some success since my
> > > first configuration of the Mercury EDC setup.
> > > Jere Hurn
> > > zeroedin, inc.
> > > jere.hurn@zeroedinsolutions.com

0
ThinkPOS (4)

SBS 2008 Using Excessive Bandwidth
Hi guys I have SBS2008 Standard Edition. Recently, its been consuming excessive bandwidth. According to my UTM logs, the server uses around 120MB evey hour of the day, resulting in abt 1.6GB data usage daily. This has meant that our 5GB cap doesnt last at all. I have reconfigured WSUS to get the bare minimum updates, updates only esential to the busines and also configured WSUS to sync manually. This doesnt seem to have solved the problem. I ran a full system scan using NOD32 antivirus and it found nothing. Forefront updates are also now disabled, but to no resolve. Any id...

using for-next index in range variable
MSDN seems to say that range values must be written in the A1 format. I need to compare a value in column D (sample IDs) of worksheet import and compare it to column A (location) of worksheet data. If the values are equal I need to set a cell in worksheet data equal to the sum of columns I:M in the same row that the sample ID = the location. Will something like this work: If worksheet(import).cell[D"i"] = worksheet(data).cell[A"j"] then worksheet(data).cell[k,j] = sum(worksheet(import).[I"i":M"i"] Is there a different, perhaps easier way to do this? ...

Outlook mail message crashes when using MS Word as editor
Hi, I had been using MS Word as the mail editor for my Outlook 2003 for a very long time, but recently, my messages that I am creating and to which I am responding have begun to crash before I can send them. I will get a certain portion of the message typed, and the Editor window will crash. When I close the window through the task manager, a new MS Word document opens up. I know I can disable MS Word as the editor, but there are features that I like and have grown accustomed to using. Why has my Outlook started to do this? Thanks for any help. Frank Startng by doing Detect and Repai...

Sorting data using roman numerals....
Is there any way to sort data using Roman numerals as the "sort by" column? Excel treats it as text and places IX before V. I can make it work by adding a column and manually converting the Roman numerals to regular numbers and sorting on that, but for some of my reports, that too much data to manually convert. Come on guys, make me look like a hero!! I'm thinking you could build a lookup table once to add a converted column of arabic or regular numbers for sorting purposes on all your worksheets. Going forward you could use arabic numbers and use the ROMAN function to ...

Trigger On System View
Attempting to create a trigger on a system view, master.sys.server_principals but keep receiving the following error: The object 'sys.server_principals' does not exist or is invalid for this operation Is this not permitted in master? Basic trigger script for a test follows: SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO -- ============================================= -- Author: Name -- Create date: -- Description: -- ============================================= CREATE TRIGGER sys.logincap ON sys.server_principals AFTER INSERT,DELETE,UPDATE AS B...

can't use windows mail, help
have been using windows mail regularly for months and even last night however today it decides to ask to logon and when i put in username and password it doesnt accept it. I have gone to tools, accounts, properties, servers and the password authentication box is unchecked, but still it asks me to logon. First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail. . If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is=20 account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fi...

- Can I leave Outlook open without using a space on the task bar?
I would like to keep Outlook open so I can know when an email comes in but I don't like having it show up on the task bar. Can I make it use only the little space next to the clock? Kilowatt <Kilowatt@charter.net> wrote: > I would like to keep Outlook open so I can know when an email comes in > but I don't like having it show up on the task bar. Can I make it use > only the little space next to the clock? Outlook 2002 and 2003 both have an options to minimize to the system tray. Any Outlook prior to that will require a third-party iconifier. -- Brian Tillman B...

Using a data field twice in the 'Rows' section of a pivot table.
In my source data, I have a 'Date' field. In my pivot table, I want to use the 'Date' field twice: * Once to sort by 'Year' (i.e. simply changing the format to 'YYYY') * And a second time to sort by 'Month' (i.e. simply changing the format to 'MMMM') Can I do this without the requirement of adding fields to my source data? Thanks. Is this a row field? How about just grouping them by year and month? rightclick on the date field and choose group and show detail|group by months and years. cdavidson wrote: > > In my source data,...

Does RMS 2.0 w/SQL Express 2005 automatically increase db to 4GB
Hello, We have upgraded all our stores from RMS 1.2 to RMS 2.0. RMS 1.2 has a 2GB limit and RMS 2.0 has 4GB. We have our 1st store getting close to the 2GB limit on RMS 2.0 with SQL Express 2005. During the upgrade from RMS 1.2 SQL MSDE 2000 to RMS 2.0 SQL Express 2005 does it automatically upgrade the current store database from the 2GB limit to the 4GB limit? Have anyone else ran into this? How to fix it if it did not increase the size during the upgrade? Ed just leave it alone, it's built-in logic to SQL Express 2005. "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

What happens here man?-I am using vs.net 2003
this function is in a regular .dll statically linked to mfc. BOOL Initialize(void) { //have m_pMainWnd to be not null else the thread is going to die any how AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); HANDLE pphandle=0; pphandle=::GetCurrentThread(); DWORD ThreadID=0; ThreadID=::GetThreadId(pphandle); //processID=::GetProcessId(pphandle);//process id is corrent //ClassObj.m_pMainWnd=pwnd; return ClassObj.CreateThread(); } when run to test it. The Procedure entry GThreadId could not be located in dynamic library Kernel32.dll >The Procedure entry GThreadId could not be loca...

Using CRM Application Pool for Custom ASP.NET application
Hi All I am having 2 server based CRM configuration set that is CRM database is on other server, My intallation on multi server went well and CRM is working fine. I have asp.net application which also uses the same database server as CRM and it is deployed on CRM web server. I have added this ASP.NET application to the Application Pool that CRM is using so that I don't have problem in Connecting to Database server however though CRM is able to connect to the database my ASP.NET application is not getting trusted connection on sql server. What am i doing wrong here? Do I have to ...

Syntax error in sql string to update a table from a form using co
Hi, I have a form from where I need to update a table using code: The Prefix field is a text field while the scenario field is number. However I am having difficulty having to contruct the sql statement that will update the record from the current form. I appreciate any help on this. Thanks CODE: Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set db = CurrentDb() strSQL = "Update dbo_PWO_Status Set " & _ "dbo_PWO_Status.QuoteStatus = Me![QuoteStatus] " & _ "where dbo_PWO_Status.Prefix = """ & Me![Prefix] & "...

Good design using triple state
My client needs to show a triple state field. It is a field called OID Req'd. The client wants to know three possible (mutually exclusive) conditions: 1. Field never set 2. Field set is Yes 3. Field set to No My initial plan was to use a triple state checkbox. However, that has two drawbacks. 1. Cannot use boolean Yes/No. I need to use a integer. 2. Field never set (Null) shows as a grayed-in box in form, but in datasheet view there is no distinction between a Null value and a No value. Have you come up with a good design solution for this general problem? Also consider was ...

CRM 3.0 Advanced Find multiple data search using multiple value
I read from the "Microsoft CRM3 for Dummies" book that we can search a multiple value by type in ; (i.e. I am looking for accounts in CA, NY, PA, etc.) but it doesn't work. I believe this is a bug, can you please advise if this can be fixed? I don't want to keep typing in same thing and creating multiple lines with each value I am looking for and having to group them in. I have e-mailed about this to Joel Scott who wrote this book about 5 monthes ago but didn't get a reply. Thanks, Joyce Hi Joyce, I think you need to do multiple Condition statements, Address1: ...

Using Pivot table in Range name
Is it possible to use a field from a pivot table as a range name so that it can be used in data validation? Rob ...

Using CRM on a WAN
I want to implement MS CRM in the following scenario. IN my office the users can login and post Cases/Leads etc. But somehow they should manage to access the CRM over the internet, maybe from a Cyber Cafe and do the work also. Any CLues Thanks Hi, CRM WILL work right over the Internet but that currently isn't supported by MS. There is no security/encryption in place and your data is out there for the whole world to see. The recommendation is to connect to a VPN first or at least setup SSL on your web server. Jason "Paresh Gupta" wrote: > I want to implement...

Using Avery Business Card Labels to Print Multiple Business Cards
When using the Blank Publications Wizard in Publisher 2000 to create and print multiple business cards there isn't an option to print selecting Avery Business Card Labels. How do I print to Avery Labels? ...

My calender, Notes, contacts all can't use
I hv not activated my copy yet, however, it says i can use 13 more times. The problem is, when I open, there are error messages complaining of losing ..DLL files. Below is the message. "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured." Any body can suggest what is happening, and how to make it work. fyi, i m going to syn OL with my PocketPC which I just ha...

how do i learn the basics for useing excel 2003 #2
I am using a computer in community collage lab, it has excel 2003 installed I would like to get a very basic idea of how to use it P. S. I have been out of school 17 years would like some head start before entering class next spring. A web site were I could print instructions would be nice –NOTHING ON MICROSOFT OFFICE ONLINE IS PRINTER FRINDLEY TO WORD PROGRAM and there really isn’t any helpful basic info on there site. I’ve tried for other products DON’T SEND ME THERE IT SUCKS ...

Using Microsoft Excel Chart object in VB6
I have added a "Microsoft Excel Chart" object to a form, then sized th chart to fit the form. The chart has been modified to show the prope axis labels, scaling, etc. In effect, creating the template. The Excel Chart has a "Chart" tab and a "Sheet1" tab where the Sheet tab is the actual worksheet for the chart plot data. My problem i filling in "THIS" worksheet with data from my array. I cannot find an object reference to an Excel worksheet in my project. The Excel Char object only has parameters for height, width, top, bottom locations etc. As a stab...

Logic of xlCellTypeBlanks i.e. "Blanks" period or "Blanks" in used range?
Excel 2003 In the following VBA code, I am attempting to: Delete Rows where there are blanks in column H The code below SEEMS to work where there are NO blanks in Col H. But when there ARE blanks in Col H, I still get an Error via MsgBox. Therefore, an Error occurred triggering the MsgBox display. As a result the Row with a blank in Column H was not deleted. Columns("A:W").AutoFilter Field:=8, Criteria1:="=" On Error Resume Next ' In case there no blanks Selection = Range("H2", Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)).Select ...

How to use multiple if statements?
Does Excel 2002 offer something that will replace using multiple if statements (if that is possible)? Say I am calculating state taxes. If income meets a certain range, I apply a specific tax amount. I need a way to test that the income is within the range. How can this be done? Thanks, Brett Hi maybe something like =IF(AND(A1>1,A1<=100),1,IF(AND(A1>100,A1<=200,2,3)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Brett" <account@cygen.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c003b25a.0405151136.2833671a@posting.google.com... > Does Excel 2002 offer something that will...

Check payment query
Hi Everybody - We need to make a query/report that will show the following: check number/check date/invoice # that it paid/invoice date The part I am struggling with is the invoice date. I have this query - but I can't figure out how to add invoice date [not check date] SELECT 'KSLP' AS company, A.VCHRNMBR AS PaymentNumber, A.VENDORID, A.DOCDATE AS CheckDate, A.DOCNUMBR AS CheckNumber, CONVERT(numeric(10, 2), A.DOCAMNT) AS CheckAmount, B.VENDNAME, A.CHEKBKID, DB_NAME() AS CompanyID, GL20000.JRNENTRY, GL20000.SOURCDOC, GL20000...

need help with using Free/Busy on the Web
I want to post my Calendar to our company's website, so I'm using the Free/Busy feature in Outlook 2000. I successfully posted my vfb file to www.mydomain.com/freebusy (bogus site). I then went to another user's PC and pulled up my Contact and went into Details and entered my Free/Busy address as http://www.mydomain.com/freebusy/myname.vfb. When I tried to creat a New Meeting Request and invite myself, an error came back saying it couldn't connect to the URL. Now, I would rather use FTP instead of HTTP for all this, but I had trouble there too. I pulled up MS KB article 291621...

access denied when try to use javascript to access simple object.d
hi, I search long before posting this stupid question, but I couldn't find any hint for me. I tried an example from http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/default.aspx (including livemaps) to start to understand MS CRM extening. But in the line parent.document.forms[0].all* I always get access denied - crosssite scripting is allowed What do I make wrong? The webpage resides on my local-workstation IIS (for testing) Any hints? Any simple dummyproof 1-line object.access Testfile? I just tried to reduce the code to this <script language=javascript> <!-- AccountName = parent.document.forms[...