RMS Turns off

While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the
desktop secreen is visible.  I have two pos machines but it only happens on
one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe.
Someone please help
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Alex, having the same problem on 4 terminals running RMS.  The problem
happens periodically when the user tries to tender a sale.  Microsoft support
has not been any help on this.  Usually an error is generated that can be
viewed in the application log.

What equipment are you running RMS on?  What other peripherals do you have
attached?  Maybe we can find a common denominator.

"Alex" wrote:

> While almost completing a transaction the program closes itself and the
> desktop secreen is visible.  I have two pos machines but it only happens on
> one. At other times all together it gives a error messages soposuser.exe.
> Someone please help
0
charlie (92)

Query from RMS data
I am trying to create a Pivot table in Excel, using Microsoft Query linking to RMS SQL database. SQL stores the date as Date/Time. It becomes impossible to group in Excel using Pivot Table, by date/time. I want to create a record in Microsoft query using the date field, but convert to Date only as dd/mm/yyyy and retain the format as Date and not as Text. I have tried Left(Date,11) and Convert(VARCHAR,1,101), none of them work. Could someone help me with the correct syntax. Microsoft query does not recognize MID. Thanks I've had a similar problem. The solution I used was to convert ...

Interface RMS with CRM?
Is there any interface capability between these two products? We are a member ship organization that would benefit from CRM but only if it would interface with RMS. For examples, they would need to share customers. Thanks. Hi, If you are interested we can offer a custom interface component for RMS -CRM. Please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Florida Craftsmen" wrote: > Is there any interface capability between these two products? We are a > member ship organization that would benefit from CRM but only if it would > interface with RMS. &g...

RMS Discounts
We have a loyalty card we would like to scan and have an item come up at zero price point. This would be for tracking purposes. we would then like to apply a 10% discount using apply discount all items at current price.. Works but RMS is adding .01 to our zero priced item?? Discovered it is on the last item. "Max" wrote: > We have a loyalty card we would like to scan and have an item come up at zero > price point. This would be for tracking purposes. we would then like to > apply a 10% discount using apply discount all items at current price.. Works > but RMS...

stored procedure writing directly in RMS
Is there any examples of writing stored procs directly in RMS? For example I have a stored procedure I have written that gets fired off from CR8.5. The stored proc has one section that does an insert into a temp table and at the end of the stored proc does a select of the temp table. Any time within the stored proc when doing an insert the last select does not work. If I do not do an insert within the stored proc everything works as normal. I even tried having my stored proc call another stored proc when it gets done, but because of that insert it has problems. Is there anything w...

rms v2
Is there a way of getting SP2 without having a maintenace contract? Not legally. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us www.rite.us "smenit" <smenit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B8EA2C5-7265-420E-8E86-48E792230BF9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way of getting SP2 without having a maintenace contract? If you figure our a way, let me know :) "smenit" <smenit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B8EA2C5-7265-420E-8E86-48E792230BF9@microsoft.com... ...

RMS-Import a picture should copy it to storeops/pictures folder
For products in RMS - when you browse to select a picture for that item, if the picture file is not in the storeoperations/pictures folder RMS should copy it to this folder. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

MS POS Data vs MS RMS POS Data
Does anyone know whether MS POS v1.0 Data can be "directly" converted to MS RMS Store Operation POS Data? We have a client who been using MS POS but wanting to upgade to MS RMS. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0457_01C6F1E9.F890F000 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mhl, Officially, No. Afshin from Retail Realm says they have something = though. www.retailrealm.co.uk --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgro...

Global turn-off of Error Checking
Just Upgraded to Office 2003, and in Excel on tons of cells, I'm getting these little yellow-squares telling me there is something unusual with the cell content.. (I guess). There IS NOT !! - How can I "turn-off" this feature, TOTALLY? TIA, Tools|Options->Error Checking and uncheck as many items as needed to make you happy best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jim May" <JimMay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47A106EA-A4D1-4C98-9A31-7A4D5F1B7EF5@microsoft.com... > Just Upgraded to Office 20...

Persistent VPN in conjunction with RMS
Hi all, i was wondering if i setup a persistent vpn tunnel to my 3 stores whether this would improve the performance of the HQ comms at all, or would it be a waste of time?? Thanks I'm guessing you'll have higher latency unless your VPN is done from router to router (with plenty of memory) if done a the NIC it will slow it down even more. What kind of lines do you have between each store and the HQ? Its the bandwidth in this case that is as important as the latency. You can test this by pinging each site from the HQ. If you don't know how to use PING.exe let me know. ...

Add items from an external application to RMS transaction grid
Is there a way to add items from an external application to MS RMS transaction grid? I want to add items using windows application or web application to RMS transaction grid. Kindly help how to add from an external application. Thanks for help in advance. You would need an Add-in for RMS to make this happen. If you are yourself not sure how to make this happen, I would consult with your RMS partner, or any of the other partners on this forum, including my company, that specialize in creating customization for RMS. If you are interested in getting an estimate for this work please f...

** 1free add-on for RMS - $95 value
NEW WEST TECHNOLOGIES IS LOOKING FOR YOUR INPUT. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU HAD TO SAY, "CURRENTLY RMS DOES NOT OFFER THAT FEATURE"? WE WANT TO HELP OU EMPOWER YOUR RMS EXPERIENCE BY PROVIDING ADD-ONS. LET US KNOW WHAT ADD-ON WOULD BE THE BEST VALUE FOR YOU, AND WE WILL GIVE YOU THE CASHIER AUTO LOG OUT FOR FREE (CASHIER AUTO LOG OUT ) AFTER A SET PERIOD OF INACTIVITY, THE CASHIER IS LOGGED OFF AND THEN RMS LOCKS, AND RETURNS TO THE LOGIN SCREEN. --- ONLY ONE PER PARTNER OR CUSTOMER; DONGLE SERIAL # REQUIRED Is it a bad thing to give out my Serial #? Thank You, Vince >----...

hold any record for return transactions on tender in RMS
Hi all How can I do hold any record for return transactions on tender in RMS thanks ...

RMS IRM
Hi I am running WinXP with office 2007 pro. I previously had office 2003 and i use to protect files. Now, when i open a old file with protection on it to edit the file, i click on the developer tab and click unristicted access it prompts me to download a file which i did and it asks me to purchase some irm or something. Is there a way to remove irm as i bought office 2007 and now i cannot edit many files. ...

RMS on a Domain
After successfully setting up a StoreOPts on a XPPro machine we now are ready to switch over to running on a Domain so we can use existing company Sql2000 server. We now get an error running RMS unless we login to domain as a user with admin.privilages. We need to have both Mgr and Cashiers as 'non-admins' logins. I think you can have domain logins that are less than administrator, but the domain account must be added to the admin group on the local machine. HTH, Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "NcS" wrote: > After successfully setting up a StoreOPts on a XPPro...

RMS Migration Tools?
Does anyone know of any tools to migrate data into Microsoft RMS? I need to do a onetime migration from csv files into RMS. Any help on this would be great. QSCIMP.EXE Does this. It will import directly from a CSV into the DB <steve@sequenzia.com> wrote in message news:953cb9c6-fa52-4007-bd12-971f7d14d1c4@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know of any tools to migrate data into Microsoft RMS? I > need to do a onetime migration from csv files into RMS. Any help on > this would be great. ...

Turn OFF Junk Emal filtration
Hi All. I have Exchange 2003 server without IMS. Norton Antivirus for Exchange Server with AntiSpam disabled. Clients use Outlook 2003 I have disabled Junk email filtration on the Outlook 2003 level, but people still get junk emails. Also, one person receive email into Inbox, and second person receive same email into the Junk Email folder???? Please help me to disable completely Junk Email Filtration. I do not understand where is it coming from and configured? Best Regards, Alex. Hi Alex, Looks like the Outlook 2003 client is doing this, in Outlook 2003 even if you have the Junk emai...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

Turn off bill payment but still use online updates?
My bank recently enabled Online Bill Payment from within Money, but I'd rather not use this feature at all. In Money 2007, is it possible to disable Online Bill Payment but continue to use Online Updates for a particular account? I still prefer to use Online Bill Payment through my bank's own website, but here doesn't appear to be a way to turn off the interface to MS Money from their end. Thanks, rsanchez http://www.texupport.net Ralph Sanchez http://www.texupport.net Ralph - you don't need to turn off the bill payment. Just don't set- up any e-pays or a-pays in Mone...

query is turning my results into text
I'm creating a qry where I'm combining fields from separate tables into one table. All of the fields that I'm combining are numeric fields. When I make the new table, though, they all convert to text fields and then I can't combine the amounts together when I create a Total_Field. Thanks "tbmarlie" <tbmarlie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1188683351.450599.261180@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > I'm creating a qry where I'm combining fields from separate tables > into one table. All of the fields that I'm combining are numeric > fi...

The best ERP software for RMS?
I've been researching this a little and am stumped. Quickbooks works great with SO, but sux with HQ. Great Plains works great with HQ, but only at the G/L level, right? The most important thing for me is that I get POs created in RMS sync'd up with "head quarters." that is, the A/P clerk in his cubicle, needs to be able to pay the bills for three different stores without traveling outside the box, literally. I suppose one way is to get QB for each store and a QB-HQ??? Does that exist? Ideally, someone would have written a way to import POs from HQ to Quickbooks so that...

RMS 2.0 Item Price changing to 0.00 when invoicing after installing SP1
I just upgraded my shop to SP1 and now some Workorders are having the item price changing to $0.00 after you start tendering the order. If you cancel out of the tender and change the price, give an override reason code and then tender again it works OK. This is not happening for all Workorders. Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions? Thanks, TomT I have this problem also since installing SP1. This also happens if the WO is changed by adding a line item or changing the shipping address. Also, the line item prices of any RTD items have changed showing that they were priced at a d...

RMS POS 2.0 SP1 fails to install
We are running RMS 2.0, and when I tried to install POS SP1 I get the following error" The expected version of the product was not found on your system" I have searched kb and found nothing that may address this. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Sounds like you got the wrong service pack. POS is a different product. You need RMS 2.0 Service Pack 1. Marc "Davidjc52" <Davidjc52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE74C3F9-0CF6-4693-889C-8CD301CA691F@microsoft.com... > We are running RMS 2.0, and when I tried to install POS SP1 I get the &g...

how to turn off word 2003 as my email editor
I dont use outlook express, but on certain sites including one of my own, "word 2003" comes up as my "email editor." I want to get rid of this. I tried doing so by going to tools, then options, then mail format, then unclicking as my editor as stated but that has NOT worked. What do I need to do as this is really frustrting. thanx -- bob brill "brillpro" <brillpro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB7ABA2C-8B34-4822-A9C4-B207A330F92C@microsoft.com... >I dont use outlook express, but on certain sites including one of my ...

How to turn off the F1 key in Excel 2002
I now know how to turn it of in Word, but it is a real pain in Excel when it keeps popping up when I want the F2 key or escape key. I use too many different keyboards and am not in the habit or looking at the keyboard (often in poor light anyway). How can I disable it? Chip Pearson says that he actually "fixed" his keyboard by taking that key off. Others say that they left the key, but removed the spring underneath. But you could use a couple of macros (one to disable and one to enable): Option Explicit Sub disableF1() Application.OnKey "{f1}", "" End ...