RMS Transaction

Hi guys, I hope that you can help me. I've searched through the forum to find an answer but it seems like no-one's really asked this before.

I'm writing a VB.NET application that will be run on each till running RMS.
What I'm trying to do is to be able to run an SQL query that returns the last total to be rung through the till that it's run on. I don't mind manually putting the till number into the SQL query and so far I've been able to return results from the RMS database, just not the ones I need.

My problem is that I'm struggling to understand how RMS works. We obviously have the tills in the shop and they are connected to our server across the network which is running RMS HQ. If I look at the TransactionEntry table, or Journal table on the server, I can see a good history of transactions and that would be perfect to get my data from, but it doesnt seem to be live, there's a lag. So I thought maybe it was just stored on a local database on the till and then polled up to ther server occasionally.

I looked on the tills local sql database, can find all the tables, but they're all empty with no data; so at that point I have a transaction that's been completed that looks like it's disappeared into thin air until later when it appears on the server...But it can be seen by using the RMS Store Ops Manager software, so it must be stored somewhere!
Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!
Apologies for the length.
Matt

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Apr 7, 11:00=A0am, Matt King <matt_kin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, I hope that you can help me. I've searched through the forum to =
find an answer but it seems like no-one's really asked this before.

> I'm writing a VB.NET application that will be run on each till running RM=
S.
> What I'm trying to do is to be able to run an SQL query that returns the =
last total to be rung through the till that it's run on. I don't mind manua=
lly putting the till number into the SQL query and so far I've been able to=
 return results from the RMS database, just not the ones I need.

> My problem is that I'm struggling to understand how RMS works. We obvious=
ly have the tills in the shop and they are connected to our server across t=
he network which is running RMS HQ. If I look at the TransactionEntry table=
, or Journal table on the server, I can see a good history of transactions =
and that would be perfect to get my data from, but it doesnt seem to be liv=
e, there's a lag. So I thought maybe it was just stored on a local database=
 on the till and then polled up to ther server occasionally.

> I looked on the tills local sql database, can find all the tables, but th=
ey're all empty with no data; so at that point I have a transaction that's =
been completed that looks like it's disappeared into thin air until later w=
hen it appears on the server...But it can be seen by using the RMS Store Op=
s Manager software, so it must be stored somewhere!
> Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!
> Apologies for the length.
> Matt
Hi Matt

I think you need to read up on how RMS fundamentally operates.

The best place to be retrieving your totals is from the Store Ops
database and probably from the batch table or transaction table. There
will always be a lag in data appearing in HQ as the information is
transmitted via scheduled worksheets and not in real-time.

Rod
0
sales7325 (4)

Transaction dates change when synching with bank
I've noticed that whenever I synch with my bank and everything is automatically updated, or whenever I do a download and manual update, all of my transaction dates change. For example, if I write a check on the 15th and it clears the bank on the 20th, the transaction date change to the 20th. Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with this? I want to know when I wrote a check or made some transaction, not necessarily when it cleared the bank. I can see where this information would be useful and it would be great if Money could track both in the register but if we can o...

PM Transaction Posting Journal
I need to add the Dist Ref line into this report to print the batch edit list. I was able to pull the field in but can' get it to print with the FIELD 9 (account number). Has anyone else been able to add to this fields before? This is a copy of the KB Article 865470 This article discusses how to add the Distribution Reference from the Payables Distribution window to the Transaction Posting journal. Note Do not follow this resolution if you are using Inter-Company transactions. This information can be added, but you will lose your Tax information from this journal report. If t...

multiple stores using RMS -- hardware requirements for remote acc
Installing RMS at 4 store locations next year. HQ not an option due to constraints by 3rd party front-end not supporting HQ yet. Need to be able to access each stores back office operations/database module remotely. Not sure what hardware configuration I need for store databases? Can 1 server hold and use 4 separate databases? Does each store need a separate server and a WAN network? Somewhere in between? Any help would be great. I need more information. What is the Front End? What is its restriction? If you wish to email me to discuss feel free to do so Afshin Alikhani - afshin@reta...

Errors posting RMS batches to Quickbooks Premier 2003
Can anyone help resolve this error? I can't post any RMS batches to Quickbooks Premier 2003. Attempts to post always fail with the following message: "Post of batch #279 failed. Quick Books error - There was an error when saving a General Journal transaction. QuickBooks error message: Transaction split lines to accounts receivable must include a customer on that split line." I believe I have Quickbooks and RMS properly set up to talk to each other, but I may well be missing something. How do I check and resolve this? I'm not a QuickBooks Advisor, but I believe...

Reconciling downloaded transactions
I'm having trouble understanding Money's way of reconciling downloaded transactions. For each downloaded transaction, it appears to look for anything close to the same amount in the register. It happily matches transactions with different amounts, different dates (even a month or more different) different payees, etc. This amounts to ALOT of changes to transactions -- a time-consuming process. Is there any way to get Money to look for more EXACT matches? (Key point: I do NOT manually enter most transactions.) Secondly, is there any way to get Money to reconcile using a downloa...

RMS Error !!!! Can't sale on POS
I hvae Error on POS , when I scan or key itemlookupcode " An error ocurred while attempting to add item to the transaction. The following item was not found in the database" But, I can see that on the database. What is wrong?? -- TOY2TOY Hi!... Please review the correct bar code on each product! .. These EAN13 using? When generates a report of the item, you can watch them? The Database is correctly configurated? "Issara" wrote: > I hvae Error on POS , when I scan or key itemlookupcode > > " An error ocurred while attempting to add item to the ...

New transactions??
My new laptop purchase came with Money 2006, so I thought I would give it a try. I cannot seem to make the program automatically create a new transaction after completing a transaction, even though I have checked that box in the Global Account Settings. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Also, I will appreciate any comments about upgrading Money in general - I'm a longtime user who stopped upgrading with Money 2004. I do not use the Passport or MSN functions, and don't ever see myself doing so. ...

IBM SurePOS 300 with MS RMS
Trying to get some comments from anyone who has used this HW with MS RMS. Thank you. ...

Deadlock Victim When Listing Transactions
When using the POS interface and pulling up a listing of transactios, i.e. F11 and selecting void a transaction, we get an error stating that we were deadlocked with another process and the POS interface crashes. This typically happens after the busiest portion of the day. In manager we are able to pull up and view the receipt in the journal with no problems. The POS interface can pull transactions from a few days back without a problem, anything from that day or from 1 or 2 days before also causes this problem. Enterprise manager is re-indexing the database nightly, in the morning the...

Can anyone teach me best and safest way to upgrade RMS 1.3 to 2.0?
hi. I have to upgrade rms 1.3 to 2.0 I'm already using data on 1.3 version I want to keep all of my data and upgrade to 2.0 I'm not familiar with upgrading software so please explain in detail procedure. The best way to uprade 1. Back up incase You do something wrong You pu back your old data 2. Window update. 3. Go to control panel ad/remove then remove 1.3 4. Now install 2.00 4. go to administrator/ connect the data then click on database and click on upgarde data . Now ready to go. I didnt get any problem. Do'nt forget back up Actually, it's a little more ...

Integrate RMS and eCommerce Store with ease
LAN Services.com www.lanservices.com/rms.htm 408.690.2948 ------------------------------------- Undoubtedly you must have heard repeatedly and also experienced that ecommerce offers immense opportunity to tap the clientage that would be unapproachable in geographical terms. At the same time, with the increasing usage of the internet, there a lot of people prefer shopping online rather than going to a store. Keeping that in mind it becomes imperative for any business that has a futuristic approach to foray into this dimension and take advantage of the benefits that ecommerce offers. So, if ...

Retroactive Transaction Matching?
I have decided to try and get the Tax Estimating portion of MS Money working. I went to the Paycheck Deposit and added all the "stuff" like federal witholding etc. However, it only seems to apply this from Today forward. I would like to make it Retroactive back to the first of the year. How can I do this? Mike Flyin' 8 You will need to manually go back to each transaction and change them. ...

cannot open backup device
I have tried to do a backup from RMS Manager-> Utilities-> Backup Database from a client machine and i got this error :- cannot open backup device 'c:\documents and settings\administrator.ORG\My Documents\bk.bck'. operating system error 3(The System cannot find the path specified.), BACKUP DATABASE is Terminating abnormally. however when i try doing backup on c:\ it went ok but it store the file on server c drive. i am using RMS 2 SP1 ( Version 2.0.0.110 ) permissions "ABDUL-RHMAN" <ABDULRHMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B78C677...

Money 2007
I tried to "redeem" a CD that I have in my investment portfolio. I went to the CD, and chose as an new action "redeem CD". I transferred the money to a bank checking account. Later, I decided to delete this transaction. The transaction deleted without problem from the CD investment area, but the transaction remained in the checking account. The payee is listed as "deposit" and the category is listed as "redeem CD". I am unable to delete this transaction and I do not know why. Nothing happens when I right click on it (i.e., no drop down box ...

RMS in Plant Nursery environment
Anybody has done installation in Retail Plant Nursery environment? Or is there any add-in for such environment? Hello, We are currently working with a client for a retail / nursery / planting business. We are also developing a custom module to take account of delivery chargers and planting charges. Let me know if you are would like more information. Best regards, Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc 732-791-2894 mihirs@diviasoft.com www.diviasoft.com "Raymond Cheok" <raymondcheok@fareastflora.com> wrote in message news:BF36119C.1597D%raymondcheok@fareastflora.com... > Anybody...

Database and Log Transaction Size
We recently deployed Exchange Server 2003 and the storage database and transaction logs keep increasing. We are running out of space and were wondering how other people are handling this kind of situation. The circular logging is not enabled, but from what I have read so far it's not a good idea to enable it and we were wondering if there is an effective and easiest way to reduce or prevent these databases and transaction logs from increasing. Thank you very much for your help. The logs are deleted after backups are run. You are running backups, arent you? "." <gilbert...

How to import 401k/403b transactions
Hi Group: I have tried everything I could, but I am still unable to import 401k/403b transaction. Anyone know what I could do to import 401k/403b transaction? I do get position, but not individual transaction thanks We need more information from you: what version of Money? From where are you trying to import? How? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Jinsong Liu" <jliu@waveseeker.com> wrote in message news:4ihuk09mbufibv48b472d0n80mnn5fqhco@4ax.com... > Hi Group: > > I have tried everything I could, but I am still unable to import > 401k/403b transaction. Anyone know what...

Different source transaction values in same batch?
We ran into a strange situation today....here are the pertinent facts: 1. A Receiving batch containing 37 different shipment transactions was posted. 2. Transactions 1-32 have the following: TRXSORCE = GLTRX00037046 ORGNTSRC = RECVG00001854 ORTRXSRC = RECVG00001854 3. Transactions 33-37 have the following: TRXSORCE = GLTRX00037047 ORGNTSRC = GLTRX037046 ORTRXSRC = GLTRX037046 We were wondering why transactions 33-37 would have different values in the listed fields? It certainly is making it difficult for us to reconcile our inventory accounts. The o...

A Solid Solution for RMS Online Shopping Cart for eCommerce
Hi can anyone let me know what you think are the most SOLID and PROVEN BUG FREE Solutions out there? From my research there's KosmosCentral.com and Nitrosell. What other companies have proved they have a solid solution with references I can contact? Also, what are the real differences between Kosmos and Nitrosell and if you have a solid bug free solution where is your support? Kosmos Central is in the Pacific Northwest and Nitrosell is in Ireland, I don't want to have support in a foreign country either. Holly, You need to do a search of the newsgroup for nitrosell and/or kosmos...

Modifications to sop transaction screen
Is it possible to modify the layout of the sop transaction entry screen? A customer wants to be able to see the item description along with the item code. They don't want to have to click on the show button since this only shows one line at a time. If it is possible, what are the implications re: upgrades, service packs, etc.? Jamrock- Yes. You might be able to do this with Modifier (I haven't tried it, so I'm not sure), and you could definitely do it with Dexterity. As a general rule, I examine as many alternatives as possible before creating a modified form (using...

error when trying to alter table in transaction
Hello there I have table which hold SQL script for alter modules I'm tring to run it one by one in try_catch inside of transaction and i'm getting this error: The current transaction cannot be committed and cannot support operations that write to the log file. Roll back the transaction. why? ...

New RMS License Keys
Does anyone know how to enter RMS license keys on a machine that had RMS Store Operations installed and licensed then uninstalled and finally is having RMS installed again but needs to have new product (license) keys installed. During the install it just goes past the licensing and doesn't give you the option to put them in. Thanks Open up Store Ops POS and it should prompt you to enter the license key. Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDBC47B0-2C87-49A9-9752-0369A7B4D917@microsoft.com... > Does a...

import utility for rms with a psc topgun
is there any import utility for rms from a psc topgun data collector? ...

RMS Renewal
Could someone please try to convince me to renew my five RMS licenses? We generally use only 3 of them, 2 are only used twice a year. We have been renewing all of them the last couple years in anticipation of a major update to the software. That's just not happening. Even the simplest improvement to the software - like being able to customize which windows open each time you launch Manager have not been done. I'd like to add up all the time my staff and I have spent over the last five years opening RMS, clicking the task window closed, opening the Items window, resizing, ...

getting yahoo store to work with rms
Have a question for the newsgroup ..our web programmers for our web site sent me this today i didnt know we need a rms feed wanted to move your project into programming, but I need to get your approval of all the mockups first. I also need the username and password for the microsoft RMS feed. If you have any questions about that, you may need to contact microsoft. There should be a username and password unique to you that was assigned when you purchased the service username = 1 password = password -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions Microsoft Certified Partner "miker" wrote: ...