RMS SO 2.0 Manager - Item List Problem

On one of my RMS SO 2.0 Manager's computer I'm having a huge delay (about 5
minutes) before the Item list shows up (Database - Items). This only happens
on this one machine that's "directly" connected to the RMS server (no VPN
etc), while it's trying to bring up the Items List the SOMANAGER.EXE process
CPU Utilization stays at 99% and there is no network utilization/activity.
When I bring up an (all) Item List/Value report it doesn't take very long at
all.

Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows of a potential solution?
I've already tried reinstalling RMS on that workstation but it's still doing
the same thing.

0
Alex6724 (221)
8/21/2007 4:12:41 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_20E87418

Good morning Alex,

Thank you for posting your question about the item list.

The strange thing is that you are able to perform the same procedure on
other machines without seeing any delay.

Can you please let me know:

1. Does the same delay happen if you press F2 in Store Operations POS on
the same computer?

2. Are you running SQL 2000, MSDE, SQL 2005, or SQL 2005 Express?

3. Is the Server name in Administrator | File | Configuration set to the
actual server name, the IP address, or (local)?

4. If the Server name is set to (local) try using the actual server name or
the IP address?

5. Are you using any 3rd party products on this computer?

6. Are you using any customized triggers, hooks or stored procedures?

7. Have you tried making a backup of the database and running Database |
Check and Database | Reindex?

8. Are the computer specs different between the machines where this runs
without delay and the machine where there is a delay?

9. Have you tried enabling the "Always display 'Find' window for items
option" in Manager | File | Configuration | Options | Item Options?

10. Is there a delay when bring up other long lists such as Customer or
Supplier?

Thank you in advance.

Todd Berger
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

--------------------
From: "Alex" <Alex@no.com>
Subject: RMS SO 2.0 Manager - Item List Problem
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:12:41 -0400

On one of my RMS SO 2.0 Manager's computer I'm having a huge delay (about 5
minutes) before the Item list shows up (Database - Items). This only
happens
on this one machine that's "directly" connected to the RMS server (no VPN
etc), while it's trying to bring up the Items List the SOMANAGER.EXE
process
CPU Utilization stays at 99% and there is no network utilization/activity.
When I bring up an (all) Item List/Value report it doesn't take very long
at
all.

Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows of a potential
solution?
I've already tried reinstalling RMS on that workstation but it's still
doing
the same thing.

------=_NextPart_0001_20E87418

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Good morning Alex,
\par
\par Thank you for posting your question about the item list.
\par
\par The strange thing is that you are able to perform the same procedure on other machines without seeing any delay.
\par
\par Can you please let me know:
\par
\par 1. Does the same delay happen if you press F2 in Store Operations POS on the same computer?
\par
\par 2. Are you running SQL 2000, MSDE, SQL 2005, or SQL 2005 Express?
\par
\par 3. Is the Server name in Administrator | File | Configuration set to the actual server name, the IP address, or (local)?
\par
\par 4. If the Server name is set to (local) try using the actual server name or the IP address?
\par
\par 5. Are you using any 3rd party products on this computer?
\par
\par 6. Are you using any customized triggers, hooks or stored procedures?
\par
\par 7. Have you tried making a backup of the database and running Database | Check and Database | Reindex?
\par
\par 8. Are the computer specs different between the machines where this runs without delay and the machine where there is a delay?
\par
\par 9. Have you tried enabling the "Always display 'Find' window for items option" in Manager | File | Configuration | Options | Item Options?
\par
\par 10. Is there a delay when bring up other long lists such as Customer or Supplier?
\par
\par
\par Thank you in advance.
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "Alex" <Alex@no.com>
\par Subject: RMS SO 2.0 Manager - Item List Problem
\par Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:12:41 -0400
\par
\par On one of my RMS SO 2.0 Manager's computer I'm having a huge delay (about 5
\par minutes) before the Item list shows up (Database - Items). This only happens
\par on this one machine that's "directly" connected to the RMS server (no VPN
\par etc), while it's trying to bring up the Items List the SOMANAGER.EXE process
\par CPU Utilization stays at 99% and there is no network utilization/activity.
\par When I bring up an (all) Item List/Value report it doesn't take very long at
\par all.
\par
\par Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows of a potential solution?
\par I've already tried reinstalling RMS on that workstation but it's still doing
\par the same thing.
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_20E87418--

0
tberger (219)
8/24/2007 2:59:39 PM
Todd, here are the answers to your questions:

1. This machine is indeed a "SO Manager" machine only and is not licensed
for POS. I have at least 6 other machines that have SO Manger only installed
and they don't have the long delay problem.

2. SQL 2005 Express

3. IP address

4. N/A

5. No

6. No

7. Yes (with no luck in fixing the delay problem)

8. No, all the machines are nearly identical.

9. Yes, no success

10, No

Keep in mind that this problem only exists on this machine. Because of this
I tend to think that it must be something machine (configuration) related
and not SQL or database related. The SOManger.exe process CPU utilization
goes up to 99% while it's trying to pull up the Item list, but there is no
network activity! If I bring up an item price list report (which essentially
brings up most of the same information as the item list) it doesn't take
very long at all (couple of seconds instead of approximately 5 minutes for
the Item List).

Thank you.

"Todd Berger [MSFT]" <tberger@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good morning Alex,
>
> Thank you for posting your question about the item list.
>
> The strange thing is that you are able to perform the same procedure on
> other machines without seeing any delay.
>
> Can you please let me know:
>
> 1. Does the same delay happen if you press F2 in Store Operations POS on
> the same computer?
>
> 2. Are you running SQL 2000, MSDE, SQL 2005, or SQL 2005 Express?
>
> 3. Is the Server name in Administrator | File | Configuration set to the
> actual server name, the IP address, or (local)?
>
> 4. If the Server name is set to (local) try using the actual server name
> or
> the IP address?
>
> 5. Are you using any 3rd party products on this computer?
>
> 6. Are you using any customized triggers, hooks or stored procedures?
>
> 7. Have you tried making a backup of the database and running Database |
> Check and Database | Reindex?
>
> 8. Are the computer specs different between the machines where this runs
> without delay and the machine where there is a delay?
>
> 9. Have you tried enabling the "Always display 'Find' window for items
> option" in Manager | File | Configuration | Options | Item Options?
>
> 10. Is there a delay when bring up other long lists such as Customer or
> Supplier?
>

> Thank you in advance.
>
> Todd Berger
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer

> rights.
>

> --------------------
> From: "Alex" <Alex@no.com>
> Subject: RMS SO 2.0 Manager - Item List Problem
> Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:12:41 -0400
>
> On one of my RMS SO 2.0 Manager's computer I'm having a huge delay (about
> 5
> minutes) before the Item list shows up (Database - Items). This only
> happens
> on this one machine that's "directly" connected to the RMS server (no VPN
> etc), while it's trying to bring up the Items List the SOMANAGER.EXE
> process
> CPU Utilization stays at 99% and there is no network utilization/activity.
> When I bring up an (all) Item List/Value report it doesn't take very long
> at
> all.
>
> Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows of a potential
> solution?
> I've already tried reinstalling RMS on that workstation but it's still
> doing
> the same thing.

0
Alex6724 (221)
8/27/2007 3:32:38 PM
sorry to butt in here but, I have noticed unrealistic delays (a few minutes)
in 2.0 SP1 when testing. Especially in dealing with large matrix items.

"Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:12:41 -0400
>>
>> On one of my RMS SO 2.0 Manager's computer I'm having a huge delay (about
>> 5
>> minutes) before the Item list shows up (Database - Items). This only
>> happens
>> on this one machine that's "directly" connected to the RMS server (no VPN
>> etc), while it's trying to bring up the Items List the SOMANAGER.EXE
>> process
>> CPU Utilization stays at 99% and there is no network
>> utilization/activity.
>> When I bring up an (all) Item List/Value report it doesn't take very long
>> at
>> all.
>>
>> Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows of a potential
>> solution?
>> I've already tried reinstalling RMS on that workstation but it's still

0
anonymous (74722)
8/27/2007 10:06:46 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_39A6A9C6

Good morning Alex,

Thank you for the update.

Can you:

1. Try the server name instead of the IP address?

2. Check to ensure that SQL 2005 is correctly configured on this client
machine; and this is covered in Knowledge Base article 932078: How to
install and set up Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express to be used together
with Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;932078

3. Try creating a new database on the server; and see if the same delay
occurs on this machine.

4. Try backing up your database and restoring on this Manager only computer
to see if the same delay occurs if you point to the restored database on
the local server.

From: "Alex" <Alex@no.com>
Subject: Re: RMS SO 2.0 Manager - Item List Problem
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:32:38 -0400

------=_NextPart_0001_39A6A9C6

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Good morning Alex,
\par
\par Thank you for the update.
\par
\par Can you:
\par
\par 1. Try the server name instead of the IP address?
\par
\par 2. Check to ensure that SQL 2005 is correctly configured on this client machine; and this is covered in Knowledge Base article 932078: How to install and set up Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express to be used together with Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System
\par https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;932078
\par
\par 3. Try creating a new database on the server; and see if the same delay occurs on this machine.
\par
\par 4. Try backing up your database and restoring on this Manager only computer to see if the same delay occurs if you point to the restored database on the local server.
\par
\par
\par Thank you in advance.
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "Alex" <Alex@no.com>
\par Subject: Re: RMS SO 2.0 Manager - Item List Problem
\par Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:32:38 -0400
\par
\par Todd, here are the answers to your questions:
\par
\par 1. This machine is indeed a "SO Manager" machine only and is not licensed
\par for POS. I have at least 6 other machines that have SO Manger only installed
\par and they don't have the long delay problem.
\par
\par 2. SQL 2005 Express
\par
\par 3. IP address
\par
\par 4. N/A
\par
\par 5. No
\par
\par 6. No
\par
\par 7. Yes (with no luck in fixing the delay problem)
\par
\par 8. No, all the machines are nearly identical.
\par
\par 9. Yes, no success
\par
\par 10, No
\par
\par Keep in mind that this problem only exists on this machine. Because of this
\par I tend to think that it must be something machine (configuration) related
\par and not SQL or database related. The SOManger.exe process CPU utilization
\par goes up to 99% while it's trying to pull up the Item list, but there is no
\par network activity! If I bring up an item price list report (which essentially
\par brings up most of the same information as the item list) it doesn't take
\par very long at all (couple of seconds instead of approximately 5 minutes for
\par the Item List).
\par
\par Thank you.
\par
\par "Todd Berger [MSFT]" <tberger@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
\par news:8zRcs9l5HHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl...
\par > Good morning Alex,
\par >
\par > Thank you for posting your question about the item list.
\par >
\par > The strange thing is that you are able to perform the same procedure on
\par > other machines without seeing any delay.
\par >
\par > Can you please let me know:
\par >
\par > 1. Does the same delay happen if you press F2 in Store Operations POS on
\par > the same computer?
\par >
\par > 2. Are you running SQL 2000, MSDE, SQL 2005, or SQL 2005 Express?
\par >
\par > 3. Is the Server name in Administrator | File | Configuration set to the
\par > actual server name, the IP address, or (local)?
\par >
\par > 4. If the Server name is set to (local) try using the actual server name
\par > or
\par > the IP address?
\par >
\par > 5. Are you using any 3rd party products on this computer?
\par >
\par > 6. Are you using any customized triggers, hooks or stored procedures?
\par >
\par > 7. Have you tried making a backup of the database and running Database |
\par > Check and Database | Reindex?
\par >
\par > 8. Are the computer specs different between the machines where this runs
\par > without delay and the machine where there is a delay?
\par >
\par > 9. Have you tried enabling the "Always display 'Find' window for items
\par > option" in Manager | File | Configuration | Options | Item Options?
\par >
\par > 10. Is there a delay when bring up other long lists such as Customer or
\par > Supplier?
\par > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
\par > =====================================================
\par > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par > =====================================================
\par > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
\par > rights.
\par >
\par >
\par > --------------------
\par > From: "Alex" <Alex@no.com>
\par > Subject: RMS SO 2.0 Manager - Item List Problem
\par > Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:12:41 -0400
\par >
\par > On one of my RMS SO 2.0 Manager's computer I'm having a huge delay (about
\par > 5
\par > minutes) before the Item list shows up (Database - Items). This only
\par > happens
\par > on this one machine that's "directly" connected to the RMS server (no VPN
\par > etc), while it's trying to bring up the Items List the SOMANAGER.EXE
\par > process
\par > CPU Utilization stays at 99% and there is no network utilization/activity.
\par > When I bring up an (all) Item List/Value report it doesn't take very long
\par > at
\par > all.
\par >
\par > Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows of a potential
\par > solution?
\par > I've already tried reinstalling RMS on that workstation but it's still
\par > doing
\par > the same thing.
\par >
\par >
\par >
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_39A6A9C6--

0
tberger (219)

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

Excel button problem

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

What's the rootname appearing in System Manager
Hello, I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen during installation of Exchange? Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal? -M Hi, the name of the to...

Users ability to Manage Groups

message delivery problems

Contacts in Exchange #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2