RMS Serialized Kit

Is there any way to handle serialized items such as computer parts that are
assembled into a computer and the store wants to track the cpu and
motherboard serial numbers?  Perhaps an add on? I have looked but have not
been able to find a way to add these serial numbers.

Thanks,
Will
0
Will9118 (79)
10/24/2007 3:58:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi Will,

There are couple of way you can do so one way is use the custom fields
avaialble as sub description 1..3. Then you have other option to use alias
for this. you can create as many alias as you want. I think this will fulfil
your requiremnts. as the inside part serial you don't wanted to track as
inventory so no need to create in serial item tab.

"Will" wrote:

> Is there any way to handle serialized items such as computer parts that are
> assembled into a computer and the store wants to track the cpu and
> motherboard serial numbers?  Perhaps an add on? I have looked but have not
> been able to find a way to add these serial numbers.
>
> Thanks,
> Will
0
AkberAlwani (916)
10/24/2007 4:39:00 AM
Hi Akber,

Actually they will be tracking the serialized items as individual parts that
they may sell separately.  So you are saying that I can use the sub desc to
put the serial numbers or the alias, can this serial number as an alis or sub
desc be printed on the reciept easily?  Thanks for your reply!

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> hi Will,
>
> There are couple of way you can do so one way is use the custom fields
> avaialble as sub description 1..3. Then you have other option to use alias
> for this. you can create as many alias as you want. I think this will fulfil
> your requiremnts. as the inside part serial you don't wanted to track as
> inventory so no need to create in serial item tab.
>

> "Will" wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to handle serialized items such as computer parts that are
> > assembled into a computer and the store wants to track the cpu and
> > motherboard serial numbers?  Perhaps an add on? I have looked but have not
> > been able to find a way to add these serial numbers.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Will
0
Will9118 (79)
10/24/2007 12:56:00 PM
hi Will, yes you can do so you can easily print all the sub description, and
alias too, as far as to make sure with you these serial number you are just
wanted for tracking purpose.

"Will" wrote:

> Hi Akber,
>
> Actually they will be tracking the serialized items as individual parts that
> they may sell separately.  So you are saying that I can use the sub desc to
> put the serial numbers or the alias, can this serial number as an alis or sub
> desc be printed on the reciept easily?  Thanks for your reply!
>
> "Akber Alwani" wrote:
>
> > hi Will,
> >
> > There are couple of way you can do so one way is use the custom fields
> > avaialble as sub description 1..3. Then you have other option to use alias
> > for this. you can create as many alias as you want. I think this will fulfil
> > your requiremnts. as the inside part serial you don't wanted to track as
> > inventory so no need to create in serial item tab.
> >

> > "Will" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there any way to handle serialized items such as computer parts that are
> > > assembled into a computer and the store wants to track the cpu and
> > > motherboard serial numbers?  Perhaps an add on? I have looked but have not
> > > been able to find a way to add these serial numbers.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Will
0
AkberAlwani (916)

kit sales
It will be great to have the option to track the Sales amount for component items whether they are sold through a kit or individually -- in the Item History window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...

Is the New RMS Software coming out this fall "Chip Compatible?"
An RMS partner of mine would like to know: If the new RMS coming out this fall is “chip” compatible for the new standard for credit cards coming out. They already got an answer at TD’s end whether or not the hardware is “chip” compatible. The answer he needs is whether or not the software (RMS) is “chip” compatible. He was told from TD to contact Microsoft. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...

RMS PO Export button not working
On RMS v2.0 in both Store Ops and HQ Manager while print previewing a Purchase Order on screen the export button on top no longer works. In Store Ops there is a new button called 'Export Document' which works around the issue but this button does not exist in HQ v2.0 This issue does not seem to have been addressed in any hotfix or SP1. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow th...

RMS exams 12-199 & 12-200
As part of the Microsoft Business Solutions Point of Sale compentency requirements to be a Gold Certified MS Partner, I need to pass the following exams: RMS Store Operations 12-199 RMS Headquarters 12-200 (https://partner.microsoft.com/US/program/40014667) Can anyone point me to an overview of what these exams cover and who the exam tester is? Contact your local Thomson Prometric or Pearson Vue testing center they should be able to get you all the information. Rob "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AD4B014-C08D-41C3-8914-D50D0C63AEB2@m...

Serial Number question
I bought SBS Server 2003 some time ago. I just realized it came with Outlook 2003. I have the SN for the SBS disks. When I tried to install Outlook 2003 I got an error message that the SN was not correct. It appears the installation SN for Outlook 2003 is different from SBS 2003. How can I find out what the SN is for my Outlook 2003 when I have the SN for SBS 2003. Thanks in advance. You should have received a separate product key for Outlook 2003 with your SBS 2003 materials. Look through the disks/books. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolan...

Can I Increase The Length Of The Serial Number?
Is it possible to increase the length of the serial number field? We use some very long serials and the software will not accept the whole of the serial number. Thanks. You can try testing on a demo database but I am pretty sure that RMS will not like your changes. I know from experience that if you did the same thing with the ILC or Description fields this will cause RMS to crash. Rob "El Preisdente" wrote: > Is it possible to increase the length of the serial number field? > > We use some very long serials and the software will not accept the whole of > the s...

Serialization Question
Hi, I am writing a program using VC++ .NET, using MDI document/view architecture. In every file that is created I need to write a header contain various project information. This header is defined as: struct HEADER { CString szPath; CString szDescription; SYSTETIME stTimeCreated; } I have written down the following code under Serialize function: void CMyDoc::Serialize(CArchive& ar) { if(ar.IsStoring()) { ar.Write((HEADER*)&m_Header, sizeof(HEADER)); } else { ar.Read((HEADER*)&m_Header, sizeof(HEADER)); } } When I save the docu...

To understand developing Hooks for RMS
I would like the experts of this newsgroup to give me a general understanding of RMS regarding developing Hooks. Beside general info, maybe some simple example of an integration. I have several links and documents, but I still don't grasp the idea of Hooks. I have a project that Hooks are invoved and would like to start as soon as possible. Great idea... Dj "Jessica B. Strong" <jessica1985brianna@gmail.com> wrote in message news:39655942-F6F8-467B-8AF4-B86576ED55BA@microsoft.com... >I would like the experts of this newsgroup to give me a general ...

Serialization Vs BinaryWrite
Hi, To store information on disk we have two options(as I know) 1. Binary Write 2. Serialization. Whats the difference between the two? When should we opt for either of the option? Is there any other method to do so? This will not only help me but also the other members who are new to VC++? Thanks in Adv... Vijay No, you have lots of options. One is to write data out in any form you please. The other is to use the built-in MFC object serialization. So your "1." case should really be "1. Do not use built-in serialization" at which point your set of options is essenti...

Creating a sequentual serial no within a template
I am attempting to Create a sequentual serial no within a template ( for invoices / quotes) within a particular cell in the template. So when I open a new workbook from the template it increments the invoice serial number by one. Pulling my hair out with this one. Stix There are lots of ways to do this, all of which use event code (IMO). You can trigger events based on many things, Workbook_Open, Workbook_BeforePrint, Workbook_BeforeSave, Workbook_Close, etc. So you need to decide what triggers a new number (You could also have a cell you click in that does it too). Once you have sele...

Allow existing items lookup when creating a Kit with New Item Wiza
Currently when using the New Item Wizard to create a kit, you can key in the kit compoents which are then created as items using the Kit's ItemLookupCode as a prefix. The user should be able to attach existing items to a kit. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Avoiding XML serialization namespace substitution?
Hi, I have a class that I wish to serialize to XML, part of which looks like this: public class TitleNotification { [XmlAttributeAttribute(Namespace="xsi", AttributeName="noNameSpaceSchemaLocation")] public string NoNameSpaceSchemaLocation = http://www.pdr.com\nhttps://extw3c.pdr.com/prism/b2b/schemas/TitleNotification.xsd; .... } When the class is serialized, the relevant resulting XML looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <TitleNotification xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="ht...

Want to get rid of UTC offset in serialization of DateTime
Hi everyone! In the following code we get a UTC offset in xml. Since I want my WAP users in UTC+02:00 to see data on a server in some US time zone, a lot of confusion will be created from this behavior. Either I use .NET logic on the server and get server local time or I create xhtml pages directly from serialized objects. Eitherway I'll have to write my own logic to take care of utc offset. Is it possible to override XmlSerializer so what my local desktop user send to the webservice is saved on the server without utc offset? That way, the time that is local to my users will be saved on ...

Serializing Class with Unqualified Root Element and Default Namespace attribute
I'm trying to serialize (using XmlSerializer.Serialize) a class that I generated from an XSD schema using XSD.EXE /c. The problem I'm running into is that the root element needs to be unqualified, and the default namespace needs to be included on it as an attribute. The schema I'm using is this: <xs:schema xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:xs="http://www...

Sales Tax Problems With RMS 2.0
Alright i just recieved a client call that he is having a problem with sales tax on customers, here are the symptoms. 1. under the customer options --> Billing information, there is a box called (customer tax) and it is grayed out. 2. all customers have been defaulted to tax exempt what am i missing here??? Anyone??? "ILMARcorp" wrote: > Alright i just recieved a client call that he is having a problem with sales > tax on customers, here are the symptoms. > > 1. under the customer options --> Billing information, there is a box called > (customer tax) ...

XmlSerializer would not serialize properties in the class derived from List<T>
I have following 3 classes public class MyMainClass { MyCollection<MyObject> m_oMyObjectCollection = null; private string m_sID = string.Empty; public MyCollection<MyObject> Collection { get { return this.m_oMyObjectCollection; } set { this.m_oMyObjectCollection = value; } } [XmlAttribute] public string ID { get { return this.m_sID; } set ...

Serial Numbers
We recently purchased a weekly newspaper, there are 4 MacIntosh computers running Microsoft Office 2004. The problem I am having is I had to rebuild one the other day and I don't know which product key to use. If you go to about Office 2004 you get this serial number of all number which don't match the product key. Is there a way to find out which serial number matches which product key. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No way to tell.... After reinstalling, look at the Product ID in the About window in any Office program. If you have used the same serial number twice, then t...

Mix and Match with RMS
Today, you can create a mix and match within a certain SKU. Can you create a mix and match with multiple SKU's? For example 4 different categories Wine Beer Booze Stuff If someone buys a combined total of 12 or more items combined in either 1 category or combined categories, it automatically sets up a pricing or discount level (%) (that is pre-established) I know this is a little confusing- it is a little confusing to me. let me know if you need more clarification. Thanks- Andrea Andrea, Yes this is possible with add-on software to RMS. We have implemented in many liquor stores t...

RMS in UK or Europe
Anyone using RMS in UK or Europe? The demo and literature from Microsoft seems to point all business to the USA only. I believe there are Microsoft partners in the UK who can sell RMS so I guess it can support Sterling =A3=A3 and the Euro =80=80 ? N Also - can we use Merchant tools in Europe yet? Again, the literature only suggests banks in the USA not in Europe or the UK? Nelson, Contact Retail Realm www.retailrealm.co.uk they are one of the larger RMS Partners with offices in Asia/Pacific, Middle East, South Africa, Spain and the UK. I am sure they could answer any questions you have...

Graphic Reports for RMS
Hello, I need to know if there is a Graphic Reporting Tool for RMS. Thanks, Irene Yes There is Crystal Report which works easily with RMS and you can develop all your require reports with them. "Irene Prieto" wrote: > Hello, I need to know if there is a Graphic Reporting Tool for RMS. > > Thanks, > Irene > > > We have Retail Realm Special Report that includes the MS reports with graphics as well as other custom reports. Contact me for more detail. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk CEO - Retail Realm www.retailrealm.co.uk = = = = = = = =...

RMS Customization Guide...I Need One!!!
How can I get one quickly??? karl.jones@gmail.com Thanks in advance, Karl Hi Karl, I've just emailed you what i have, let me know if you find it useful. Andy, much thanks that is exactly what I was looking for! I appreciate it... Karl "Andy King" wrote: > Hi Karl, I've just emailed you what i have, let me know if you find it useful. Andy: Could I also request a copy of this guide, thx. "Andy King" wrote: > Hi Karl, I've just emailed you what i have, let me know if you find it useful. Hi Andy, Can I have a copy also ?if it's ok. Thanks ca...

Can the IFS kit be used freely?
Hello. I know the IFS kit is distributed as part of the WDK. Does it means the IFS kit can be used freely? Or, shoud it be purchased? If it should be purchased, where can I buy its license? Thanks. > I know the IFS kit is distributed as part of the WDK. > Does it means the IFS kit can be used freely? Yes. --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com ...

XML Serialization
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate group for this post or not. Please advise if it is not. I have an xml structure similar to the following: <xml> <object1> <id/> <name/> </object1> <object2> <id> <name> </object2> <object3> <id/> <name/> </object3> </xml> I created a schema from this where only 1 of the 3 objects can exist using xs:choice. From this schema, I used the xsd utility to create my xml serializable class. My question is this. Each object (1 - 3) needs to be loaded base...

disinclude from xml serialization
How to mark a public member of a class so that it is not included in an xml serialization or deserialization ? Thanks. On 5/5/2010 2:59 PM, John Grandy wrote: > How to mark a public member of a class so that it is not included in an xml > serialization or deserialization ? Thanks. > > Mark the property with the attribute XmlIgnore as below: [XmlIgnore()] public string NotNecessaryString {get; set;} -- Mike ...

RMS / SBF Integration Module
Does anyone know what ever happened to the RMS / SBF integration module that was suppose to be posted October 1st? Is it me or does anyone else get the impression that RMS is the red headed step child at Microsoft? I mean it's just unbelievable that they release POS to new users before taking care of the current customers and never ever talk about RMS unless it's a one line comment. LOL, I love the comment about the red headed step child Mark. I have not heard anything about it and we're a reseller in Calgary. I have been stomping my feet and yelling for awhile at Micro...