RMS Receipt Printe and Cash Drawer All Messed Up

I'm still trying to get my RMS up and running on a new HP RP3000 POS system.
Although my receipt printer printed and cashdrawer popped when I took
delivery, it no longer works.  I may have stepped on the correct
configurations.

I've tried to set OPOS codes inside RMS to no avail.  I don't know the
correct codes.

I've also tried the HP Sales Register (simply for testing) and it fails also.

Can someone help me get going again please?

Thanks, D
0
DonS1 (29)
1/18/2009 3:32:04 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

if they have opos drivers try those. usually solves the problem

"DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm still trying to get my RMS up and running on a new HP RP3000 POS
> system.
> Although my receipt printer printed and cashdrawer popped when I took
> delivery, it no longer works.  I may have stepped on the correct
> configurations.
>
> I've tried to set OPOS codes inside RMS to no avail.  I don't know the
> correct codes.
>
> I've also tried the HP Sales Register (simply for testing) and it fails
> also.
>
> Can someone help me get going again please?
>

> Thanks, D

0
mornar81 (23)
1/18/2009 6:00:14 AM
Thanks, Dan.  But, do I need to identify these devices inside RMS with an
OPOS Device Name on the Register Configuration screen?

I know of the Pole Display I had to identify it as the device ld.  I have
read web postings telling me to use some code like... a376 (something like
that, I don't have the specific information in front of me) for the
printer... and usce code of a376-1 (something like that) for the cashdrawer.
When I tried these, the POS started with an error message about the printer
not being available.

Is there a listing of valid OPOS codes for these devices used in RMS and/or
HP RP3000 register.

I appreceiate your advice,

Don

"Dan@TouchSystems" wrote:

> if they have opos drivers try those. usually solves the problem
>
> "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm still trying to get my RMS up and running on a new HP RP3000 POS
> > system.
> > Although my receipt printer printed and cashdrawer popped when I took
> > delivery, it no longer works.  I may have stepped on the correct
> > configurations.
> >
> > I've tried to set OPOS codes inside RMS to no avail.  I don't know the
> > correct codes.
> >
> > I've also tried the HP Sales Register (simply for testing) and it fails
> > also.
> >
> > Can someone help me get going again please?
> >

> > Thanks, D

0
DonS1 (29)
1/18/2009 3:53:01 PM
yes the divce names need to be the same in opos and in rms,
example;
opos printer name: receiptprinter
rms device name: receiptprinter

opos cashdrawer name: cashdrawer
rms device name: cashdrawer

once you install the opos drivers and name the devices with the above
described names, go to rms manager>
register configuration>just input those names.

make sure test them first in opos if they have that option.

> Thanks, Dan.  But, do I need to identify these devices inside RMS with an
> OPOS Device Name on the Register Configuration screen?
>
> I know of the Pole Display I had to identify it as the device ld.  I have
> read web postings telling me to use some code like... a376 (something like
> that, I don't have the specific information in front of me) for the
> printer... and usce code of a376-1 (something like that) for the
> cashdrawer.
> When I tried these, the POS started with an error message about the
> printer
> not being available.
>
> Is there a listing of valid OPOS codes for these devices used in RMS
> and/or
> HP RP3000 register.
>
> I appreceiate your advice,
>
> Don
>
> "Dan@TouchSystems" wrote:
>
>> if they have opos drivers try those. usually solves the problem
>>
>> "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm still trying to get my RMS up and running on a new HP RP3000 POS
>> > system.
>> > Although my receipt printer printed and cashdrawer popped when I took
>> > delivery, it no longer works.  I may have stepped on the correct
>> > configurations.
>> >
>> > I've tried to set OPOS codes inside RMS to no avail.  I don't know the
>> > correct codes.
>> >
>> > I've also tried the HP Sales Register (simply for testing) and it fails
>> > also.
>> >
>> > Can someone help me get going again please?
>> >

>> > Thanks, D

0
mornar81 (23)
1/18/2009 7:01:16 PM
Dan:

Thank is helping a lot.  Matters are getting more clear.

Can I search the disk for an extension to display all of these OPOS names
already registered on the machine?  Can I go to the registry and see the
names for those devices already declared?

Is there a central program or place from which you install the OPOS drivers?

What is the device name ld?  Is that a generic device name?

Thanks for continuting to help me solve my delima,

Don

"Dan@TouchSystems" wrote:

> yes the divce names need to be the same in opos and in rms,
> example;
> opos printer name: receiptprinter
> rms device name: receiptprinter
>
> opos cashdrawer name: cashdrawer
> rms device name: cashdrawer
>

> once you install the opos drivers and name the devices with the above
> described names, go to rms manager>
> register configuration>just input those names.
>
> make sure test them first in opos if they have that option.
>
> "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, Dan.  But, do I need to identify these devices inside RMS with an
> > OPOS Device Name on the Register Configuration screen?
> >
> > I know of the Pole Display I had to identify it as the device ld.  I have
> > read web postings telling me to use some code like... a376 (something like
> > that, I don't have the specific information in front of me) for the
> > printer... and usce code of a376-1 (something like that) for the
> > cashdrawer.
> > When I tried these, the POS started with an error message about the
> > printer
> > not being available.
> >
> > Is there a listing of valid OPOS codes for these devices used in RMS
> > and/or
> > HP RP3000 register.
> >
> > I appreceiate your advice,
> >
> > Don
> >
> > "Dan@TouchSystems" wrote:
> >
> >> if they have opos drivers try those. usually solves the problem
> >>
> >> "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
DonS1 (29)
1/18/2009 9:17:01 PM
Dan

Chances are when you installed the drivers for the HP peripherals that a
OPOS configurator was also installed - go to start - all programs - HP
something something...this program allows you to create OPOS devices / names
for your peripherals (printer and cash drawer),  make sure you use the same
OPOS name in RMS as Dan@touchsystems mentioned....hope this helps.

"DonS" wrote:

> Dan:
>
> Thank is helping a lot.  Matters are getting more clear.
>
> Can I search the disk for an extension to display all of these OPOS names
> already registered on the machine?  Can I go to the registry and see the
> names for those devices already declared?
>
> Is there a central program or place from which you install the OPOS drivers?
>
> What is the device name ld?  Is that a generic device name?
>

> Thanks for continuting to help me solve my delima,
>
> Don
>
> "Dan@TouchSystems" wrote:
>
> > yes the divce names need to be the same in opos and in rms,
> > example;
> > opos printer name: receiptprinter
> > rms device name: receiptprinter
> >
> > opos cashdrawer name: cashdrawer
> > rms device name: cashdrawer
> >

> > once you install the opos drivers and name the devices with the above
> > described names, go to rms manager>
> > register configuration>just input those names.
> >
> > make sure test them first in opos if they have that option.
> >
> > "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks, Dan.  But, do I need to identify these devices inside RMS with an
> > > OPOS Device Name on the Register Configuration screen?
> > >
> > > I know of the Pole Display I had to identify it as the device ld.  I have
> > > read web postings telling me to use some code like... a376 (something like
> > > that, I don't have the specific information in front of me) for the
> > > printer... and usce code of a376-1 (something like that) for the
> > > cashdrawer.
> > > When I tried these, the POS started with an error message about the
> > > printer
> > > not being available.
> > >
> > > Is there a listing of valid OPOS codes for these devices used in RMS
> > > and/or
> > > HP RP3000 register.
> > >
> > > I appreceiate your advice,
> > >
> > > Don

0
convoluted (621)
1/19/2009 5:07:00 PM
CV:

Thanks for helping clarify this matter for me.  I will try your suggestions
later on today and will hopefully attain successful results.

Thx, D

"convoluted" wrote:

> Dan
>
> Chances are when you installed the drivers for the HP peripherals that a
> OPOS configurator was also installed - go to start - all programs - HP
> something something...this program allows you to create OPOS devices / names
> for your peripherals (printer and cash drawer),  make sure you use the same
> OPOS name in RMS as Dan@touchsystems mentioned....hope this helps.
>
> "DonS" wrote:
>
> > Dan:
> >
> > Thank is helping a lot.  Matters are getting more clear.
> >
> > Can I search the disk for an extension to display all of these OPOS names
> > already registered on the machine?  Can I go to the registry and see the
> > names for those devices already declared?
> >
> > Is there a central program or place from which you install the OPOS drivers?
> >
> > What is the device name ld?  Is that a generic device name?
> >

> > Thanks for continuting to help me solve my delima,
> >
> > Don
> >
> > "Dan@TouchSystems" wrote:
> >
> > > yes the divce names need to be the same in opos and in rms,
> > > example;
> > > opos printer name: receiptprinter
> > > rms device name: receiptprinter
> > >
> > > opos cashdrawer name: cashdrawer
> > > rms device name: cashdrawer
> > >

> > > once you install the opos drivers and name the devices with the above
> > > described names, go to rms manager>
> > > register configuration>just input those names.
> > >
> > > make sure test them first in opos if they have that option.
> > >
> > > "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
DonS1 (29)
1/19/2009 5:25:02 PM
why don’t you simply try un installing all opos drivers first, reboot,
install again.
I m not familiar with hp divers but I m assuming they all work the same way,
usually on the epson or star opos drivers you have an utillity that will
test the drivers and change the settings on printer and also, again it is
important that you name the devices the same way in rms and opos.

since you have usb drivers try this first
1. uninstall all drivers and delete all windows printers.
2.reboot
3.install the windows(not opos) drivers, and assign that printer to a fake
port com5 or parallel 2.
4. reboot
5.install opos drivers and assign logical devices names: receiptprinter and
cashdrawer
6.go to rms manager and input the same names from previous step.

it could be that you have a conflict with windows drivers and opos. thay can
not use the same port,

> Dan:
>
> Thank is helping a lot.  Matters are getting more clear.
>
> Can I search the disk for an extension to display all of these OPOS names
> already registered on the machine?  Can I go to the registry and see the
> names for those devices already declared?
>
> Is there a central program or place from which you install the OPOS
> drivers?
>
> What is the device name ld?  Is that a generic device name?
>

> Thanks for continuting to help me solve my delima,
>
> Don
>
> "Dan@TouchSystems" wrote:
>
>> yes the divce names need to be the same in opos and in rms,
>> example;
>> opos printer name: receiptprinter
>> rms device name: receiptprinter
>>
>> opos cashdrawer name: cashdrawer
>> rms device name: cashdrawer
>>

>> once you install the opos drivers and name the devices with the above
>> described names, go to rms manager>
>> register configuration>just input those names.
>>
>> make sure test them first in opos if they have that option.
>>
>> "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks, Dan.  But, do I need to identify these devices inside RMS with
>> > an
>> > OPOS Device Name on the Register Configuration screen?
>> >
>> > I know of the Pole Display I had to identify it as the device ld.  I
>> > have
>> > read web postings telling me to use some code like... a376 (something
>> > like
>> > that, I don't have the specific information in front of me) for the
>> > printer... and usce code of a376-1 (something like that) for the
>> > cashdrawer.
>> > When I tried these, the POS started with an error message about the
>> > printer
>> > not being available.
>> >
>> > Is there a listing of valid OPOS codes for these devices used in RMS
>> > and/or
>> > HP RP3000 register.
>> >
>> > I appreceiate your advice,
>> >
>> > Don

0
mornar81 (23)
1/20/2009 5:29:14 AM
Convoluted:

I found the OPOS codes which were used when the system was built.  I keyed
them back into RMS and the equipment worked again.

Thanks for your help,

Don

"convoluted" wrote:

> Dan
>
> Chances are when you installed the drivers for the HP peripherals that a
> OPOS configurator was also installed - go to start - all programs - HP
> something something...this program allows you to create OPOS devices / names
> for your peripherals (printer and cash drawer),  make sure you use the same
> OPOS name in RMS as Dan@touchsystems mentioned....hope this helps.
>
> "DonS" wrote:
>
> > Dan:
> >
> > Thank is helping a lot.  Matters are getting more clear.
> >
> > Can I search the disk for an extension to display all of these OPOS names
> > already registered on the machine?  Can I go to the registry and see the
> > names for those devices already declared?
> >
> > Is there a central program or place from which you install the OPOS drivers?
> >
> > What is the device name ld?  Is that a generic device name?
> >

> > Thanks for continuting to help me solve my delima,
> >
> > Don
> >
> > "Dan@TouchSystems" wrote:
> >
> > > yes the divce names need to be the same in opos and in rms,
> > > example;
> > > opos printer name: receiptprinter
> > > rms device name: receiptprinter
> > >
> > > opos cashdrawer name: cashdrawer
> > > rms device name: cashdrawer
> > >

> > > once you install the opos drivers and name the devices with the above
> > > described names, go to rms manager>
> > > register configuration>just input those names.
> > >
> > > make sure test them first in opos if they have that option.
> > >
> > > "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
DonS1 (29)
1/20/2009 1:15:01 PM
Dan:

I'm going to print and file all of the technical help you provided for
future reference.

"Dan@TouchSystems" wrote:

> why don’t you simply try un installing all opos drivers first, reboot,
> install again.
> I m not familiar with hp divers but I m assuming they all work the same way,
> usually on the epson or star opos drivers you have an utillity that will
> test the drivers and change the settings on printer and also, again it is
> important that you name the devices the same way in rms and opos.
>
> since you have usb drivers try this first
> 1. uninstall all drivers and delete all windows printers.
> 2.reboot
> 3.install the windows(not opos) drivers, and assign that printer to a fake
> port com5 or parallel 2.
> 4. reboot
> 5.install opos drivers and assign logical devices names: receiptprinter and
> cashdrawer
> 6.go to rms manager and input the same names from previous step.
>
> it could be that you have a conflict with windows drivers and opos. thay can
> not use the same port,
>
> "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dan:
> >
> > Thank is helping a lot.  Matters are getting more clear.
> >
> > Can I search the disk for an extension to display all of these OPOS names
> > already registered on the machine?  Can I go to the registry and see the
> > names for those devices already declared?
> >
> > Is there a central program or place from which you install the OPOS
> > drivers?
> >
> > What is the device name ld?  Is that a generic device name?
> >

> > Thanks for continuting to help me solve my delima,
> >
> > Don
> >
> > "Dan@TouchSystems" wrote:
> >
> >> yes the divce names need to be the same in opos and in rms,
> >> example;
> >> opos printer name: receiptprinter
> >> rms device name: receiptprinter
> >>
> >> opos cashdrawer name: cashdrawer
> >> rms device name: cashdrawer
> >>

> >> once you install the opos drivers and name the devices with the above
> >> described names, go to rms manager>
> >> register configuration>just input those names.
> >>
> >> make sure test them first in opos if they have that option.
> >>
> >> "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
DonS1 (29)
1/20/2009 1:16:05 PM
On Jan 17, 10:32=A0pm, DonS <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm still trying to get my RMS up and running on a new HP RP3000 POS syst=
em. =A0
> Although my receipt printer printed and cashdrawer popped when I took
> delivery, it no longer works. =A0I may have stepped on the correct
> configurations.
>
> I've tried to set OPOS codes inside RMS to no avail. =A0I don't know the
> correct codes.
>
> I've also tried the HP Sales Register (simply for testing) and it fails a=
lso.

> Can someone help me get going again please? =A0
>
> Thanks, D

Have you tried to contact the customer support team?
I have used them many times and they are very helpful.
They have different levels of support members to help even the most
complicated questions and problems regarding their POS Software.

U.S./Canada
Toll-free (1) (888) 477-7989

Worldwide
(1) (701) 281-6500

Availability and hours of operation:
Monday=96Friday, 8:00 A.M.=966:00 P.M. Central Time (UTC-6) in the U.S.
and Canada.

Support,
www.AlexandriaComputers.com

Slow responce of cash drawer OR printer error
Hi every one. Some time the cash drawer response is very slow. Sometimes the cash drawer opens, but the receipt doesn't print. The computer searches for a while and then at the end it displays an error message. I have TM88IV & APG Cash Drawer, using OPOS driver, using Microsoft RMS 2.0 with Windows Vista. if any body have some idea please help me Thanks in advance I have the same experience but with a SureMark 4610 - TF6 Any ideas? Kyle "Akbar Mian" <AkbarMian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22EF9D16-A753-4FEF-A199-A232F571EFFD@microsoft...

Defaults on Print Sales Documents screen
Is there a way to set defaults on the boxes selected under the Picking Ticket column on the Print Sales Documents screen? Currently when we open the screen, we have to select which boxes to tick and since we always select the same boxes we wondered if there was a way to have them default when the screen is opened so we don't have to click each time. We want the "Picking Ticket Per Site" box, the "Include Kit Components" box and the "Bin Sequenced" box selected as default values. Thanks!! LMG, You can accomplish this with a small VBA customization, b...

Amount in words to be printed on the invoice
Hi Mates, I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 Any suggestions Thanks this is available through Microsoft. check out the following site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms_reportslibrary.htm "RK" wrote: > Hi Mates, > > I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 > > Any suggestions > > Thanks ...

Printing
Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one. I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows: Col A - width 4 Col B - hidden Col C - width 4 Col D - Width 108 Col E - Width 3 Col F - Width 11 Col G - Hidden Col H - Width 11 & Empty My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will print as many pages as required depending on number of rows] When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I m...

Entourage 2008 DAILY calendar crashes once I hit the print button
Every time I attempt to print my DAILY calendar it crashes. The weekly calendar prints okay. I've run Repair Permissions and restarted Entourage again and again. Below is the Error Report I receive whenever I try to print daily calendar: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2010-03-14 14:12:44 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Entourage Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Entourage Application Signature: OPIM Application Version: 12.2.4.100205 Crashed Module Name: Microsoft Entourage Crashed Module Version: 12...

How to print a graph of x=y at 45 degrees
How can I make it appear correctly on paper? Gordon, Set up two sets of points: 0 0 1, 1 Plot them with an x-y scatter chart, line style. Set the x and y axis scales the same, if necessary, to get the resulting plot to be at 45�. Print it, and hope for the best. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "gordon158" <gordon158@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C5B1255-334F-41A3-A5E5-55516CFABA6A@microsoft.com... > How can I make it appear correctly on paper? ...

label printing
There should be a way to print labels from all P.O. being received the same day. to avoid wasting labels. ...

Insert Acount# in the PO print
Can some one please let me know where I should place this variable: "PurchaseOrder.Supplier.AccountNumber" in the PO.xml file I woud like to be able to print the Acount # in the PO Thank you jm wrote: > Can some one please let me know where I should place this variable: > "PurchaseOrder.Supplier.AccountNumber" in the PO.xml file > I woud like to be able to print the Acount # in the PO > Thank you > Into receipt header? Open your XML.. and find field date of receipt.. but why you have no AccountNumber into your PO.xml ? Antonio Thank you for a...

Cancelling Receipts in Outlook 2002 (XP)
Folks... I'm experiencing a problem that I think is due to read receipts. I have an e-mail account (POP3) that is set up twice in Outlook. The primary version is for receiving mail from either home or my office, as well as for sending from my office. The secondary version of this account is used only for sending e-mail from home (uses a different outgoing server, to accomodate my ISP's restrictions). The problem is that when I receive my e-mail on this account at home, Outlook attempts to send the read receipts using the primary (office) outgoing server setting, which fails. This esse...

Printing a worksheet on 11x17 paper
I want to print a worksheet on 11x17 paper. When I try to change to that paper size in print options, there is no size like that available. What do I do??? thank you for your help in this matter. Katie It's the printer that decides that.. Do you have that option on the printer it should be available in Excel -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Katie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9fca01c4345c$bcdca970$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to print a worksheet on 11x17 paper. When I try > to change to that paper size in print options, there is ...

Microsoft RMS and PC Charge
I know that Microsoft works with 4 acquiring banks to do integrated credit card processing. It looks as if Microsoft will work with PC Charge as well. Is this correct? If so- are there any hiccups/differences/things to be aware of if the client chooses PC Charge for EDC? Thanks, Andrea Microsoft not only works with the 4 prefered aquirer banks but any bank that is able to process using the Vital or VisaNet networks. There are some hiccups with using PC Charge, do a search for 'PC Charge' on previous posts. Check out the post on : Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:33 AM By: Jeff Titl...

Printing #2
I understand that NLQ printing is default in windows. Is there any way one can get a quick draft print of excel reports on a dot matrix printer by changing the printer driver or fonts for instance? Thank you. Hiren, I'm not sure about this setting, but try "Draft quality" in File - Page setup - Sheet. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net President Bush on sovereignty: http://www.tastefullystated.com/sovereignty.wmv ------------------------------------------- "Hiren Shah" <hiren_shah50@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:054901c4961...

Cash flow and incme reports
The cash flow report shows capital gains from share sales and dividends as income but also includes these values in transfers. The income report only showscapital gain, not the capital return. Is there a way to have total cash flowreported truly? I'm using M2001 - do later versions help in this area? ...

RMS Integration user access
How can I give users in GP access to the RMS Import (Transactions > Retail Management > RM Import) function? I found KB 900636, but it did not work. I'm using GP10 and HQ & RMS 2.0. Thanks, Jocelyn ...

Import Print Shop files into MS Publisher
Is there any way to import files created in Print Shop into MS Publisher? I need to convert all of my old(er) Print Shop files and am not sure how to accomplish that. Thanks in advance for any info and help. Sigrid What kind of files are you talking about...images? If so, then probably yes, just export (or save) them as standard graphic files. Are you talking about Broderbund's Print Shop? You need to explain exactly what you are trying to do, and what is/is-not happening when you try. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web ...

money 2002
In microsoft money - I can no longer print checks - I keep getting the error message "there are no accounts with checks to be printed" - I printed microsoft knowledge ase article 313373 with gives me a resolution that is either incorrect or that I'm not going correctly. Help! If you have more checks to print does it want to print them? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91. "Marcia R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019701c3b14a$bc496a10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In microsoft money - I can no longer print checks - I > keep get...

Print individual forms
I have created a form with several subforms in it. The form contains the same information for a number of different individuals. I would like to print the form for each individual separately. When i try to print it, if prints out the information for all the individuals. How do i do this. I have attached a screen shot of the first page of the form. The problem is that forms are used for user interface, and have things like buttons, radio controls etc. that often hinders the ability to print a form. furthermore you'll often find that the form has background sheeting, and I can waste...

read receipt in exchange 2003
Hello All, Does anyone know how to block read receipt from leaving exchange org without using third party tool. We are looking to block read-receipt from going outside our network. By the way, we are using exchange 2003. Thanks in advance Hi, Unfortunatly because it is actually the client that sends the receipt you can not block them for user accounts. But they can be blocked for Distribution Groups, by selecting the option in the distro group "Do not send delivery reports" Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com...

Catalog Printing
I'm not sure how, but the way my catalog is printing changed. The pages are no longer in order. Is there any way to change it back so that when I print they are back to normal? ...

Printing Barcodes for Vouchers
When I print a barcode for a voucher & choose one of the serialized items assigned to it, I get a barcode I cannot scan and it appears to be the same barcode no matter which serialized item I choose to print. I'm using 128B, the same format I use for all other items. What am I missing here? Thanks, Richard I think I see the issue: the barcode is printed as whatever is entered in the the Item Lookup Code field. If this is the case, how are barcodes printed for serialized items ... in this case, gift cards? "Richard" wrote: > When I print a barcode for a voucher &a...

printing tent cards
I have been sent tent cards that are printing out different names on each side rather than same name on both sides. Is there a setting that I am missing? Publisher 2003 printing to Xerox 6100 ( PSlevel3) Settings in Page Setup: Folded Card; Tent Card; W=11" H=4.25" Orientation Landscape Printer Setup: Letter sized Landscape It prints- just 2 pages per sheet. It also pdfs that way, so I am assuming it is a Publsiher setting. I fought with this previously and only came up with making 2 consecutive pages identical. This file is 45 pages long. There has to be a better way! Are yo...

Money 2002
When I print a check, Money 2002 prints 3-pages, the first page is the check, the second page is blank and the third page has a lines and alpha-numeric characters down the left margin. The check is printing correctly; however, the additional 2-pages are a problem and make it impractical to print more that one check at a time. Computer Configuration: Sony laptop, 30Gb free, Windows XP Professional, Office XP Professional, Symetics System Works, Quicken 2002, and Money 2002. Printer: HP 4200. Thank you, Glen ...

Read Receipt Problems
I am running Outlook 2003 on an XP platform. Even though I have all of the Tracking options within Outlook set so that an auto read receipt is sent when requested, it will not send out a response. I have also verified the Outlook 2003 setting with my laptop computer that has Outlook 2002/XP installed. Everything within the tracking options is identical. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Can I import text file of cash flow to excel file then use formula
What I want to achieve is to scan in a cash flow (save to PDF) then copy to an excel spreadsheet and have it recognise the value of the numbers so I can use formulas. The same way you can with word. I have two entitys and I want to add their actual cash flows together to project combined cash folws for future years. Thanks. I think this is going to depend on how your scanner software works. Some will offer a feature to put the results directly into Excel. If your software doesn't, then you could try scanning into a text file or an MSWord file and copy|pasting into excel. ...

Not printing to scale.
The dimensions on my printed page are different to those on screen. I have made up a simple page with lines and boxes that are different dimensions and different distances apart and none of the measurement are correct on the printed page. The most they are out are 10mm i cant see how this could be a margin or page size issue because everything is in the middle of the page. I have had a graphics designer tell me to stop using publisher because he has known about this issue for a while. Any truth to this? My print drivers are up to date and my page is standard a4, nothing fancy. What can...