RMS needs to add an Import Utility to the program

I think I speak for alot of people here. RMS should  add an import Utility to
the program. Every body needs to import some type of file from time to time.
You pay enoght money for this and they know from the start that you will be
importing data from your old POS system.
Or like in my case, every year I have  new items or a new supplier. and for
me to get an Add in that may or maynot work is not good enoght.
Jose
--
Reynold Cycle
0

I agree totally but, for me, the main attraction of RMS over similar
solutions was the open SQL Server database and the ability to customise.  You
can download a 120 day trial version of SQL server, install the client
software with Enterprise Manager, and use Data Transformation Services to
import data from any format into your SQL or MSDE database. This gives you
total control over imports but it isn't for the faint hearted.

Their is also a basic import utility available from Customer Source.
Retail Realm has an Import Utility add-on if you are interested.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = =
"Jose" <Jose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think I speak for alot of people here. RMS should  add an import Utility
> the program. Every body needs to import some type of file from time to
> time.
> You pay enoght money for this and they know from the start that you will
> be
> importing data from your old POS system.
> Or like in my case, every year I have  new items or a new supplier. and
> for
> me to get an Add in that may or maynot work is not good enoght.
> Jose
> --
> Reynold Cycle

0
afshin (783)

How to import data
I have a set of data representing the average price of houses for sale in the San Francisco area on each day from early 2006 to the present. (That's 1800+ dates.) The format of the data is as follows: YYYY*MM*DD*PPPPPP*YYYY*MM*DD*PPPPPP*YYYY*MM*DD*PPPPPP* and so on. YYYY is the year, MM is the month, DD is the day, and PPPPPPP is the price. For clarity, the * above is actually just an ordinary space that follows the year, month, day, and price. The only Enter symbol is at the end of the data set. My ultimate goal is to compute and plot a moving average (or trendline) over a 1-, 2-...

Need help to develop a % formula
Greetings, I'm hoping someone may be able to help me. I have developed a workbook to track my portfolio on a weekly basis. One component of my portfolio is my "Line of Credit" which always contain negative values. For example, last week I had a -$5,000 balance and this week I have a -$6,000 balance. The week over week change is -$1,000 or -20%. Presently, my workbook correctly reflects the -$1,000 weekly change but shows the percentage change as a positive (rather than a negative) 20% weekly change. The formula for weekly % change that I am using is as fol...

Licence question
I want to use the CRM product in an organisation of 800 staff - how many licences do I need ?? One for the server and then one for every member of staff or just the administrators ? How does this product licence work ? Partly dependant on whether you use sales and or services. You will require a licence for the server (for sales and service if both required) and a licence for each user as the licencing is on a named user basis for sales and/or services. Regards PeterC "simon.edwards" wrote: > I want to use the CRM product in an organisation of 800 staff - how many >...

Import and Export problem
Unfortunately, it became necessary to re-install windows XP due to a problem with a video driver. Before the re-install, I backed up all outlook files by doing an export to a CD and saving all contacts, e-mail folders and calendar to a .pst file. The CD tells me the file is there and they have data in them, but I can not get outlook to import the files back from the CD. I have tried to open the .pst files directly from the CD, specifying outlook at the program, but this will not work. Hopefully, someone will know how to recover my .pst data files as this is the only back-up I have. -- ...

Import raw MIME messages
Hi, Is there a way, or utililty, to import raw MIME messages into Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express? I would like to preserve the base64 encoded attachments, too. I have searched Usenet newsgroups with Google Groups, and I have searched SlipStick.com. I just cannot finding anything, but I cannot believe there is not an existing solution. Thanks, Lee You might want to try Redemption http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ (will require the ability to write code on your part). "Lee C." <noSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tKudnTxM_OkMLTfcRVn-sA@comcast.com... > Hi, Is...

Need an expert on merging and joinging files.
I have been using Word for 13 years now, but I am having problems merging three large files together to form one file. All the formatting among all the three Word (2002) files are perfect as they are, and I simply want to append File 2 to the end of File 1, and File 3 to the end of File 2, and then Save As a new Document, say File 4. Each of the files has several sections each starting on a new page. When I go to the last section of File 1, for example, and then use the Insert File... option from the Insert tab, all the formatting that was perfect in File 2 is now all mixed ...

Need Advice on Working with Routing Slips
I have created a customized template to use for project management. The idea is that for each new project, someone uses the template. And while many people may use the template for a new project, I would like to be the person that approves every single new project. I created a routing slip that comes to me but our team is somewhat confused about how to properly save files and we're not sure about how to manage the flow of different files. Any help or advice you may have would be welcomed as well as suggestions for good sources on information for us to learn more about how to us...

Need Help to resolve 403 Error
I'm facing a strange case which is : When i'm Trying to login CRM for the first time after booting it works fine, if i exit from the App. and trying to login again it gives me the 403 error , so i must Restart to login again , Can anybody help me on this ????!!! -- Mohammad Metwally Jr. Business Solutions Consultant (CRM - GP) ...

Need large gap in chart
I am making a line graph with 2 sets of numbers that are very far apart - one set of numbers is around 7000 to 8000, and the other set is closer to 80,000. Of course, I get one line at the top of the chart that is pretty easy to read, but the line on the bottom that represents the smaller numbers is just TINY and looks pretty much straight. My question is this: is there a way to put a "break" into the graph between the smaller numbered data and the larger ones so they are all easier to read? Like a jagged line showing where the jump occurs or something? Hi, Jon has an exampl...

need help working in publisher 07
when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements are bigger across the top of the page and narrower along the sides of the page, even tho both are in inches. Do you mean your page is landscape instead of portrait? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rebecca" <rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D569716A-8BBE-4FBF-89B6-5DD7E519E1D3@microsoft.com... > when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements are > bigger across the top of ...

Need help with IF function
I need help writing an IF expression: IF("reference cell is empty", leave blank, otherwise statement) than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =IF(A1="","",Statement -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =if(Cell Number="","",Statement) rmo5354 wrote: > *I need help writing an IF expression: > IF("reference cell is empty", leave blank, otherwise statement) > > thanx -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com To indicate a cell is empty, simply use quotes with nothing in between t...

need a new product datasheet template for storage product
looking to create spec sheets for an integrated NAS & iSCSI product line It's rare to find a template for specific purposes. Your best option is to start creating one from scratch. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "oldsuits" <oldsuits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D269732B-72EA-4552-86C7-6D8AED48225A@microsoft.com... > looking to create spec sheets for an integrated NAS & iSCSI product line This Microsoft site may give you links http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/storage/iscsi/default.mspx -- Mary S...

I need to auto insert names in outlook address bar
I have outlook. I would like to have the address inserted after I type a few letters. I know this features exists, but I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Please help. thanx for any assistance. think peace, max This feature only exists in Outlook 2002 and higher. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "max" <max@dis...

Secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS
Is there any way to secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS, except the password defined in VBA ? No. Use VB to create COM addins. ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com <CLarkou@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132296881.379001.293560@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS, except > the password defined in VBA ? > Thanks a lot, these add-ins can be called in Access also, isn't? The COM add-ins can be created by Visual Basic code or it needs C++ ? You can use VB. -- ...

Do Option Groups Offer an OTHER Option that Users Can Add Themselves?
Hello, I'm using Access 2003 on a novice level. I have a question about option groups. I'd like to know if it's possible to create a set of radio buttons, check boxes, and/or drop-down lists, with an OTHER option that lets the user enter a new value. I know that's possible with Filemaker Pro. If you enable the OTHER option, a popup window appears that lets you add a new item to the list. I'm not sure if that applies only to drop-down lists, but it has come in handy at times. Can it be done with Access? If so, what are the rudimentary steps to accomplishing this? Tha...

When Must Lotus be imported To Lotus Before/After
This question is complicated, but one that I will need to do very shortly. I currently have an operating system of Windows 98, and I am wishing to upgrade to Windows XP, Home Edition. Now the complicating part, on Windows 98, I have Lotus SmartSuite 9.0 and the end result is that I wish to have Excel on Windows XP. Must I install a Excel version onto Windows 98 and import my Lotus Files into it, before upgrading, or must this all be done after upgrading? I have a second question as well, and that is must I get Lotus SmartSuite 9.8 which is compatible with Windows XP in order to s...

Infozip wrapper needed
Hi All I read that someone has created a wrapper class for the Infozip dll's. But nowadays the link is dead. Can someone please provide me with this class anyway. Thanks in advance //Mikael ...

Regarding data needed for regular meetings
Hello. I have a project that must be finished in Q4 in order to garner revenue for the year. To that end, I'm enforcing daily (1/2 hour) and weekly meetings. I'm trying to figure out what views are appropriate for which meeting. Perhaps in the daily meeting a view filtered to show the week's activities. Then in the weekly meeting, what, maybe a report showing activities for the month along with risks and issues? Anybody have real-world expertise they can apply to this? Thanks in advance. ...

Importing portfolio to Netscape 7.2
Having trouble viewing portfolio with IE6.0 Updates every minute regardless of update freq settings. Cannot do any work. Therefore...... Is there a way to import my stock portfolio from Microsoft Money online server into Netscape 7.2 "Money & Business" portfolio ? If I have to rebuild it from scratch in Netscape, it would take a month to re-enter all the historical buy and sell activity. If I do not, all Gains & Losses YTD and over-all will be false. Thanks for any help. Jim. ...

How to add multiple message senders to the blocked list automatica
-- Steve ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5597e420-8dc2-4fc5-88df-130a7cc9fe32&dg=microsoft.public.outlook ...

Importing Vendor/Supplier Items
Is anybody successfully importing their supplier/vendor purchase order items into RMS SO 2.0? We would like to import all the item information from a PO that we have ordered on a vendors web site or spreadsheet (including item descriptions, UPC codes (and set these as our ILCs) pricing etc), so we don't have to manually enter this. I can see a lot of potential problems (existing items versus new items, existing cost versus new cost, different layouts for different suppliers) so any feed back would be appreciated. Is anybody using any add-on modules to accomplish this? If so how do...

Need Formula Help....
Hi: Is there a formula string for something like this.....?: I want a number in a cell when a specific word is typed in another cell, for example, if I wanted the number 50 to appear in C2 if I type the word, say, Airplane, in cell C1? Thanks, pinger You need to define what you want when cell C1 does not contain the word airplane. Enter this formula in C2: =IF(C1="airplane",50,"") If C1 does not contain airplane the formula will leave the cell blank. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "pinger" <pinger@ec.rr.com> wrote in message news:47cf6287$0...

Importing pst into Exchange 2007
Hi all I know there where several postings about this problem some times ago. Is there still no way to import pst's into Exchange 2007 Server? I know the different migration scenarios, but the fact is that I received two DVD's with pst-files, which where exported from an Exchange 2000 Server using exmerge. And now I have to import these files into an Exchange 2007 Server! Has anyone an idea, how I manage this? Please don't tell me that this is still not possible! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx and regards Paul On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:36:04 +0100, &q...

I use client ID #s. Some begin with 0. 0 needs to show
I am creating a client sheet. Some of the Client ID #s begin with Zero. How can I get the Zero to show? hi, you can format the cells as a text, hope this helps Regards from Brazil Marcelo "rmingle" escreveu: > I am creating a client sheet. Some of the Client ID #s begin with Zero. How > can I get the Zero to show? You can also use a custom format: Suppose you ID numbers have 7 character including the leading 0 then do this: Select the cell(s) Press Ctrl-1 In the numbers tab select custom. In the box "type" enter 7 zero's HTH "Marcelo" wr...

Sales Tax service for RMS
Hi all, Anybody aware of a Sales Tax service that will keep RMS updated with the latest and greatest sales tax rates, particularly the State of California but also for all states that charge sales tax? Client sells alot via their online store over the Internet and wants to automatically keep tax rates up to date. Thanks for any help you can provide. -Allen With the STREAMLINED SALES TAX coming where all vendors will have to charge sales tax for the State the item is shipping to....this would be a great add-on that many would HAVE to pay for. The Streamlined Sales Tax folks release ...