RMS Mapping

-------------------------------------

Hi everyone. I am a single store owner and i have been using quickbooks
2003 for my accounting. I recently bought another system for the back
office and wish to upgrade to QB 2009. After uninstalling QB 2003 from the
first computer and installing QB 2009 on the new computer, i discovered
that RMS manager still maintained the mapping to the old system. Infact it
is greyed out not allowing me to create a new mapping. Please how do i
correct this.
Thanks.

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
microsoft.public.pos - 40429 messages and counting!
yokasinvestmentltd_a
5/12/2010 12:32:48 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01CAF8F2.EEC655B0

forevercordys,

Change the Manager | File | Configure | Accounting tab to none after =
deleting the Company and File name path.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "forevercordys" <yokasinvestmentltd_at_yahoo_dot_com@foo.com> wrote in =
message news:4bd0d$4bea9ff0$43de0cc0$10704@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

  -------------------------------------

  Hi everyone. I am a single store owner and i have been using =
quickbooks
  2003 for my accounting. I recently bought another system for the back
  office and wish to upgrade to QB 2009. After uninstalling QB 2003 from =
the
  first computer and installing QB 2009 on the new computer, i =
discovered
  that RMS manager still maintained the mapping to the old system. =
Infact it
  is greyed out not allowing me to create a new mapping. Please how do i
  correct this.
  Thanks.

  Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/=20
  Tax and Accounting Software Forums
  Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -=20
  microsoft.public.pos - 40429 messages and counting!
------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01CAF8F2.EEC655B0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>forevercordys,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Change the Manager | File | Configure | =
Accounting tab=20
to none after deleting the Company and File name path.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #008000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"forevercordys" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:yokasinvestmentltd_at_yahoo_dot_com@foo.com">yokasinvestme=
ntltd_at_yahoo_dot_com@foo.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:4bd0d$4bea9ff0$43de0cc0$10704@news.flashnewsgroups.com">news=
:4bd0d$4bea9ff0$43de0cc0$10704@news.flashnewsgroups.com</A>...</DIV><BR><=
BR>-------------------------------------<BR><BR>Hi=20
  everyone. I am a single store owner and i have been using =
quickbooks<BR>2003=20
  for my accounting. I recently bought another system for the =
back<BR>office and=20
  wish to upgrade to QB 2009. After uninstalling QB 2003 from =
the<BR>first=20
  computer and installing QB 2009 on the new computer, i =
discovered<BR>that RMS=20
  manager still maintained the mapping to the old system. Infact =
it<BR>is greyed=20
  out not allowing me to create a new mapping. Please how do =
i<BR>correct=20
  =
this.<BR>Thanks.<BR><BR><BR>##-------------------------------------------=
----##<BR>Newsgroup=20
  Access Courtesy <A=20
  href=3D"http://www.rockryno.com/">http://www.rockryno.com/</A> <BR>Tax =
and=20
  Accounting Software Forums<BR>Web and RSS access to your favorite =
newsgroup -=20
  <BR>microsoft.public.pos - 40429 messages and=20
  =
counting!<BR>##-----------------------------------------------##</BLOCKQU=
OTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01CAF8F2.EEC655B0--

0
Jeff

topographical data maps in excel
I have seen this done, and would like to know how to create topgraphical maps of data sets using excel. I want to take a sample of data ponts and plot the points (easy), than color the plot based upon the values of the points You seem to have been neglected by our community. Yes, it can be done, if I understand your intention correctly. The topography in your approach means, in a sense, the 3D chart. The first two of the three values defininig each point specify the x- and y-coordinates (like on a map); the third value is represented by prescribed colors or shades. You must have you...

Shortcut from Contact to Streets & Trips Map?
Outlook 2003 Microsoft Streets & Trips 2005 (Also have Microsoft AutoRoute) In Outlook's contacts, I can get a map of the address by clicking on the yellow-with-arrow "Display Map of this Address" button and the browser takes me to the appropriate superpages.com map of the address. But I have MS Streets & Trips, which makes maps that are better than web-based maps. Is there any way, from the contact window, I can get the appropriate map in Streets & Trips displayed? If this can't be done automatically, what if I open S&T > save a map of the address > th...

RMS and POS Ready
Hi, Does anyone knows if RMS 2.0 works in Microsoft POS Ready OS? Thanks. Sacha I have tried POS Ready and it does work with RMS 2. As far as i could see its just a stripped down XP. Robert "Sacha Favelevic" wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone knows if RMS 2.0 works in Microsoft POS Ready OS? > > Thanks. > > Sacha > > > . > we have used POS ready as well but ran into some opos issues using Star USB printers not working. -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 13...

Merging Customers with RMS Headquarters
I have merged duplicate customers in a single store environment. However, does anybody have any information about merging customers in an environment using Store Operations Headquarters? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_065E_01C74B92.7EE0F950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Andy, I think Retail Realm www.retailrealm.co.uk and DRS have something = www.digitalretailer.com --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=...

RMS and PC Charge integation error "timeout"
I have setup RMS to integrate with PC Charge. When I run the credit card on the pc charge side, everything works fine, however when I'm in RMS and swip the card it attempts to process but always timeouts? Can anyone help? Make sure the windows user you are logging into the register as has modify permissions on the PCCharge folder. in SO Administrator, File/Configuration, EDC Tab... Make sure that the correct PCCharge directory is selected - the default setting is not correct. Click the Advanced button. Make sure that the correct processor is selected and that you have entered the ...

CFO want me RMS Certified to support our growing operation
My company has been growing 20% each year and my CFO want me to get certified like our System Admin as with MCSA. Why can't customer get RMS Certified? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/...

RMS iinterface w/ DVR
Has anyone integrate a DVR w/ RMS POS system? A prospect want to record everyone item scanned as well as all transaction detail on to his DVR, is this possible. Thanks in Advance. there are screen recording/screen capturing software tools available for sale ,that will record all of your activity as it is happening on screen, regardless of the program being run at the time. the activity on screen is saved into one of the video file formats. this file could then be burned on to a disc if you wanted. perhaps you should look into this hth kevin "support@nitbcsys.com" wrot...

Ability to map custom fields between entities
When adding custom fields to both the contact and appointment forms I would expect to be able to map the fields so when the appointment is created from the contact the fields would populate as the out of the box fields do. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

RMS Certification
I need to know that where can i find RMS POS testing material like Test Papers OR Mocks OR any Preferred Book."MB5-198 Retail Management System POS" is the paper for RMS POS.I M having user Guides and few Books of RMS.Is it enough for appearing in Test??Please help me in this act i m very confused. -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Software Engineer Business Solutions 4th Floor mehdi towers,shahra-e-faisal karachi,Pakistan. ...

Unrelated to RMS, but still interesting...
Yes, this has nothing to do with RMS, but it's pretty interesting: http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8175512 Believe it or not, you can actually receive a free iPod by following the link above. Cost me a subscription to Columbia House DVD Club (which I already cancelled), but I figure that it's a pretty sweet deal, considering I got 5 DVDs and an iPod for $20. Take it for what it's worth - just wanted to put the opportunity out there. Hope everyone's having a good day. I heard about that already. Thought there must be some catch. Maybe I was wrong, ...

Unable to install RMS on Home Office Computer
I am trying to get RMS set up on my home office computer so I can manipulate the data, write and test reports, without doing damage to our actual data at work. Unfortunately, the installation routine will not let me install the MSDE. Here's the contents of the installation error log: 2005-03-02 17:00:26.92 server Server Process ID is 3720. 2005-03-02 17:00:26.92 server Logging SQL Server messages in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG'. 2005-03-02 17:00:26.95 server SQL Server is starting at priority class 'normal'(2 CPUs detected). 20...

User Category Integration Mapping (Inventory)
I am using Integration Manager to pump inventory items into GP V8. I am able to do the necessary mappings other than for User Categories that i have created. Under the Options Tab (Integration Mapping>Inventory Item), i can only see 'Track' and 'User Category' . Any help out there? It appears that you are using the SQL optimized adaptor, which does not support writing to these fields. Your options are: a. use the standard/legacy adaptor. Speed can be an issue b. use a custom stored proc or vbscript in the after document or after integration events to write data to t...

Integrating Access with Map Point
Maybe I should preface this with "greetings from post-diluvian Nashville"... Just wondering if anybody has successfully integrated Access with MapPoint. Since I need something to learn, I was going to enter a bunch of addresses in Access and then see if I could automate the mapping in MapPoint. Any good pointers or resources on this? I found one book on automating Mappoint, but it uses C#.... Can this still be done through VBA? Thanks, Pieter -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201005/1 I did some...

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. 10-28-04
Hi, My MS CRM server is with this error. I could not find any information regarding it. Does anyone knows? Thank you, Hugo Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 10/27/2004 Time: 9:08:54 PM User: N/A Computer: ALASCA Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Message: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Details: Details on this error...

Set static port mappings on Exchange 2003 server; now VPN clients cannot use Outlook XP from offsite
We are running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server that is the Global Catalog server. We followed the steps listed in knowledgebase articles 270836 and 298369 and set the ports as follows: Global Catalog Server Port = 1273 Exchange SA RFR Interface port = 5000 Exchange Directory NSPI Proxy Interface Port = 5001 Exchange Information Store Interface Port = 5002 Exchange Site Replication Service Port = 5003 After rebooting the server, PCs in the office are communicating with the server on ports 1273 and 5000. However, when a user at home tries to login using CheckPoint FireWall 1 ...

MS GP Integration with RMS Architect
Dear Sir, Can I have document with diagram for best practice to do Integration between MS GP and RMS HQ & Store Operation Regards Mohammed Marhoon ...

How does RMS record Deposits forfeited by customer?
When you cancel a layaway, and keep part of the deposit, how does RMS record the deposit amount kept for accounting purposes? It doesn't appear to show up on the Z report, and it doesn't seem to transfer to the accounting system when you post closed batches. However, the cash drawer balances. From an accounting perspective, you only have 1/2 of the transaction accounted for. Good question, I've been struggling with this too. I'd also like to be able to set the default vale of "Deposit to Keep" to $0, rather than the full deposit amount as it seems to be set. ...

RMS HQ with Router
I have a problem with installing netgear router. without router RMS HQ work with store client but with router it's not work. I mean data upload and worksheet process with server and client. Anyone know how to set up router for RMS HQ. My OS is XP. router is WGR614 V6 thank you You probably need to open the port(s) that HQ and HQ Client are using to communicate. Your router documentation should have a section on this very issue. Tom "Eric" wrote: > I have a problem with installing netgear router. without router RMS HQ work > with store client but with rou...

RMS/QuickBooks PO Process
I'm pretty new to both RMS and Quickbooks and I have a question regarding how most folks receive product and invoices into their system. I have yet to try this, but it seems like this would be the process: 1. Make PO in RMS 2. Receive PO in RMS 3. Export PO into Quickbooks for payment Seems pretty simple, but what do most people do if you generally get product in w/o an invoice (just packing slip) and the invoice comes later? Is there something you can do to designate that the imported PO needs to be checked with an invoice? The person receiving the PO is more than likely going to b...

RMS should allow the transfer of serial numbers automatically.
When transfering items that have serial numbers from store to store , there should be a feature to allow the export and import of the serial numbers especially using headquaters. In this way you won't need to rescan 500 -1000 items when you are dispacthing and then all over again when you receive it . ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the M...

RMS 2.0: The good, the bad and the ugly.
1) Is RMS 2.0 out or is there a lot of Beta copies out there? 2) If it has Shipped, how stable is it? 3) How is the Upgrade- Pretty smooth and seamless from 1.3.@? 4) Anyone out there upgrade to 2.0 and using it with out any problems? 5) If it has shipped and stable, when will I get my copy? Thanks Brent I had RMS 2.0 installed on a new machine last week. Not using it live yet, but as far as I can tell, I'm set to go. Tim "Brent" wrote: > 1) Is RMS 2.0 out or is there a lot of Beta copies out there? > 2) If it has Shipped, how stable is it? > 3) How is t...

Where's the RMS/MSPOS Team blog?
Even MS' head janitor seems to have one! What are you RMS/MSPOS guys and gals afraid of? Spilling the beans about the next version? Doesn't seem to stop the rest of the MS world! We've been hearing about Vista for almost 5 years! Maybe we don't want what you're attempting to include in the next version! TALK TO US!!! Everyone in this newsgroup/community needs to vote for this one, otherwise we will all be left in the dark as far as future RMS/MSPOS plans!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions ...

RMS live chat Thurs, April 14, 11 a.m. PST
Hi all, The Business Solutions Community will host a live chat with the Microsoft RMS team on Thursday, April 14, from 11 a.m. to noon PST. The topic of this chat is payment processing in Microsoft Retail Management System 1.2. Microsoft RMS team members Dan Reed, Lori Penor, and Balaji Balasubramanian will answer questions on payment processing setup, configuration, troubleshooting, and more during this hour-long real-time discussion. This event is free and open to the public. You can add this chat to you calendar or check out the chat room by clicking on this link: http://www.mi...

Change RMS to Spanish
Does anybody knows how to change RMS to Spanish? You can change it at the Admnistrator leverl but it doesn't do anything. I have tried with all the other foreign languages with no luck either. Any help? Carlos Carlos, We have translated RMS Store and HQ for version 1.2. Please contat me to get the Spanish version. Afshin >-----Original Message----- >Does anybody knows how to change RMS to Spanish? > >You can change it at the Admnistrator leverl but >it doesn't do anything. I have tried with all the >other foreign languages with no luck either. > >Any...

Need help configuring Symbol LS9208 scanner with RMS
I just finished installing the OPOS driver for the scanner and I try to configure it on the Microsoft OPOS Servce Objects but it has been unsuccessful. Please help. Thanks! ...