RMS in Mexico/LATAM?

I've been reading about Microsoft Retail Management System couple of months
ago.

Seems to me, it could be a good choice for the small/medium bussines in our
countries.

So far I haven't found info about RMS in Latinamerica (Mexico including).

I contacted Microsoft's Offices Mexico... but no answer yet

Maybe you can help me...

Thanks in advance.

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

At this point it is a US product only per MS.  There are a few resellers
that have Spanish language definition files that make the text all in
Espanola.  !Ole!  Try the guys over at RR in the UK.
m "diablo" t

"LATAMRetail" <LATAMRetail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been reading about Microsoft Retail Management System couple of
> months
> ago.
>
> Seems to me, it could be a good choice for the small/medium bussines in
> our
> countries.
>
> So far I haven't found info about RMS in Latinamerica (Mexico including).
>
> I contacted Microsoft's Offices Mexico... but no answer yet
>
> Maybe you can help me...
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
mastaT (109)

RMS Add-on Tag-along
Wondering if there is an Add-on somewhere that expands the tag-along function. Used to work with a pos software that would let the cashier pick items from a predetermined list or range. It functioned a lot like tag-along does in RMS, but it let the cashier choose from a list of items. Example: ring in a bird cage kit choose from a list of different colored cages choose from a list of different toys 3# bird seed tags along choose from a list of different treats anyone see anything similiar to this? thanks What you could do is make a lot matrix item the tag-along and have the lot mat...

RMS Mapping
------------------------------------- Hi everyone. I am a single store owner and i have been using quickbooks 2003 for my accounting. I recently bought another system for the back office and wish to upgrade to QB 2009. After uninstalling QB 2003 from the first computer and installing QB 2009 on the new computer, i discovered that RMS manager still maintained the mapping to the old system. Infact it is greyed out not allowing me to create a new mapping. Please how do i correct this. Thanks. ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://...

RMS Connector to SBA 2007
Does anyone know if there is a connector available for RMS to SBA 2007? Our vendor told us this could be done and when they began to do this they realized the connector was for SBA 2006. We are trying to get answers from them, but so far nothing. Thanks. our vendor did the same thing. we are waiting on a solution. MS had a press release which said the SBA 2007, MS Office Accounting 2007 would integrate with RMS 2.0. the only solution provide was for us to switch to quick books. quick books will convert your SBA books for FREE. -- Alex Dixon IT WSE "Rea" wrote: ...

Automated SMS messages from RMS
Have a strange enough request from a customer. They are an apparel store and take orders for alterations etc. They would like RMS to automatically send an SMS message to the customers cell phone when the alteration is done. Does anyone know of an add-on that can do this? Add this stored procedure to their database, making mods as necessary. It uses the built-in CDOSYS to send mail. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312839 Then add an UPDATE trigger to the proper table (order?) to fire the SP upon record update and send out the message. It's actually pretty easy. "Gaz" <...

RMS should have auto log off if system is idle
it would be nice to have auto log off if the system is idle for a specific amout of time ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=555af75d-267a-4ecf-8296-9da84065f19...

RMS 2.0 PO Add Item Form Needs Help
I'm not sure who decided that the new form was an improvement, but I am fairly certain that they were wrong... Once upon a time in RMS, when adding items to a PO/Transfer, you would click the Add Item... button, <Tab> to the Lookup... button, hit <Enter>, start typing your ILC and then hit <Enter> to add the item. If you had two items ABC-111112 and ABC-111113, you could type ABC-1, hit your down arrow, <Enter> and be done with it. Another <Tab> <Enter> keystroke got you right back to the item list and so it went. Nice an smooth, no need to rea...

RMS in italy?
Hi to all someone uses RMS in italy? I work with fiscal printer, and I have some question.. Thank you Antonio Mazzeo ...

POS vs RMS and central database.
I have been asked to look into pos system for our stores. We have a central warehouse and 5 remote stores. However we are thrift store based with 2nd hand merchandise so no pre upc codes and no reorders. All items are price with barcodes in the warehouse and shipped out. MS RMS looks very attractive as does MS POS. We have a central server in the warehouse that has a full SQL 2000 server available. Can MS POS replicate the store data to the central sql server in the warehouse like RMS does? I like the structure of RMS but many of the features just don't ably to use like layaway, reorder, ...

RMS instalation in more then 50 stores
Hi, can somebody give me info on some company having an RMS solution installed on more then 50 stores, meaning: RMS HQ and more then 50 RMS SO stores instalation? A contact information or a web-site will be a perfect answer... Also, a less then 50 stores solution will be helful... Thanx in advance, best regards Antonijo -- ADTodorovik Antonijo, I have rolled out MRMS to over 100 stores connected to our company server via an ADSL connected IPSEC VPN. We are currently using a 130 HQ licence to allow for expansion. Stores connect automatically every 1 hour and upload sales data. Do y...

RMS BUG REPORT & currency calculator question
I have a question about the Currency Calculator and a potential bug report: Can the order of the types of currency in the calculator be changed? They are labeled with letters, which makes me hopeful that they can. POSSIBLE BUG REPORT The Calculator reports $1 for the value of ONE roll of pennies. Now, unless penny rolls are different up in Redmond (home of Microsoft), they are $.50. WHAT GIVES? Can this value be changed by me? PLEASE, CC me on responses to the newsgroup. THANKS! ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes, Parts, Repairs &...

SQL setup RMS 2.0
I am setting up a new system with 3 registers (Win XP SP2), two back office computers (Win XP SP2 and SQL 2005 Express), and Windows SBS 2003 with SQL Server 2005 Professional. The problem: Can't get the back office workstations to connect to the SQL Server. I installed RMS on the server, it connects to SQL and run perfectly. When I try from the workstation using RMS Admin, I get a time out error. I did everything in KB932078 without success. Must be something very minor with major consequences that I've missed. Can anyone help? Thanks Rich -firewall -sql surface area co...

Vb.net Appplication Integration with RMS qsRules
Hello everyone, I have designed a VB.Net function as follows in order to post a transaction into RMS Via Qsrules (for a very critical project in our company) The database connection executes ok The batch number is being generated ok I have verified the Inventory items are ok HOWEVER NO TRANSACTION IS GENERATED Where did I go wrong with my function? Thanks in anticipation for your advice Declaration: Private info as QSRules.ConnectionInfo = New QSRules.connectionInfoClass Private mySession as QSRules.SessionClass =New QSRules.SessionClass Function PostTrans() info.RegisterNumber = 1 i...

Can Microsoft RMS figure unit of measure for fabric
For example- we need to be able to sell fabric by the fraction as well as by the yard. Can RMS do this, and if so, how is it set up? Andrea You can sell fractional quantities of any item simply by entering "1.5" (for example) in the quantity field. I think there are some other issues with fabrics that you may have to work around, but I don't remember what they were... Something about the way cloth is measured and inventoried... -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO...

HELP! Seeking Instructions to Create Report of POS (NOT RMS) Discounts Applied #3
We need to run monthly reports to determine how many of our different Discounts are claimed/used and the proceeds not tendered. We have offered a number of discounts to customers and employees as incentives and cannot find a method to track how each discount is applied (e.g., buy one, get one free with coupon). The built-in Discounted Sales report in POS 2.0 lists only the resulting Sale Price; we seek to have the report sorted by PresetDiscount type but the Advanced Report Filter dialog does not list Discount in the Field dropdown box and we can't locate the table in which transactions...

looking for knowledgeable RMS consultant
Looking for consultant to work on project that deals with the following: 1) Export of product items data (product name, pricing, description,etc.) that originates from a MS SQL based E-commerce database into RMS. Products have complex options that include color and size variations. Am additional synhronization will occur with pricing and inventory for items. 2) Import of purchase orders that originate from Peachtree Account accounting package. These purchase orders will be exported from Peachtree as flat files. These flat files will need to be somehow imported into RMS as purchase orders. ...

RMS and GP 9.0
Hi All My company they go to use great Plains 9.0 with RMS 1.2. Only I need Some body tell me what I need from this configration. 1.Database requirments (which one I have buy with GP and RMS) *microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprice Edition sp4. * microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standerd Edition SP4 * Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Workgroup Edition SP4. * microsoft SQL Server 2000 (64-bit) SP4. 2. Operating System: * Microsoft Windos 2000 Server SP4. * Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4. *Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standerd Edition SP1. *Microsoft Windows Server 2003 EnterPrise Edition SP1...

RMS PO # mapped to field in SBA
In the RMS Connector from EVT, the RMS PO # should be mapped to either the Reference field or Memo field on the bill in Small Business Accounting. It is VERY difficult to track a PO between RMS and SBA without that. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. htt...

How do I calculate the Root Mean Square (RMS) of line of equality
Considering a regression, I don't need the RMS of the trend line but the RMS of the line of equality It is generally considered poor form to split an active thread in this way. Also, your meaning is unclear. Jerry aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wrote: > Considering a regression, I don't need the RMS of the trend line but the RMS > of the line of equality ...

seperation of POS and RMS
I think that they need to create a new message board and seperate RMS and POS into 2 different sections. I purchased POS thinking it had all these features only to find out later that it was actually RMS that i was reading about. Anyone else with me on this? It'd make it so much easier for searching, etc. On May 14, 7:40 am, ABH Development <ABHDevelopm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I think that they need to create a new message board and seperate RMS and POS > into 2 different sections. I purchased POS thinking it had all these > features only to find ou...

get the last hotfixes for rms
Hi all I want to get the latest hotfix for RMS 1.3 for HQ and SO. I have a problem with the ARHISTORYMIRROR TABLE . I HAVE 10 SO AND 1 HQ. thanks a lot -- a new user HI Pelon, Please done the update patch from microsoft site, for this you need to create the request to get the patch here is the link. https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/hotfixes/rms13hf.htm?printpage=false "pelon" wrote: > Hi all > I want to get the latest hotfix for RMS 1.3 for HQ and SO. I have a problem > with the ARHISTORYMIRROR TABLE . I HAVE 10 SO AND 1 HQ. > thanks a...

RMS Receipt Printe and Cash Drawer All Messed Up
I'm still trying to get my RMS up and running on a new HP RP3000 POS system. Although my receipt printer printed and cashdrawer popped when I took delivery, it no longer works. I may have stepped on the correct configurations. I've tried to set OPOS codes inside RMS to no avail. I don't know the correct codes. I've also tried the HP Sales Register (simply for testing) and it fails also. Can someone help me get going again please? Thanks, D if they have opos drivers try those. usually solves the problem "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Moneris has a Canadian integration into Microsoft RMS
The Moneris Microsoft RMS plug-in allows merchants to seemlessly process Canadian debit and creedit card transactions. If you have any questions please email msrms@moneris.com. For more details please visit: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/November2006/21/c6767.html That is good news. TD merchant services has already had an application that works with RMS, and that application has been out for over a year now. It works great, but the commision rates being offered by Moneris might be better. "John Florinis" wrote: > The Moneris Microsoft RMS plug-in allows m...

Unicode functionality with RMS 1.2
Hello, I apologize if this has already been addressed, but having reviewed the manual and done a few searches, I couldn't find much information about trying to integrate other languages with RMS 1.2. I have a computing environment that relies on Big5 Traditional Chinese language. A transition to Unicode is easy enough, but is there any way for either Big5 or Unicode to be implemented in RMS via an Add-In or other tweak to the operating environment or a block of code? Any insight or previous experience is greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time! Kevin Fisher ...

PO problems after RMS 2.0 Upgrade
I just upgraded from RMS SO 1.3 to 2.0 in a 23 Lane environment. Overall everything went very well. We have seen 3 problems, the first 2 of which were previously documented in this forum. 1. POS security error - correct by updating the Registry security access 2. Newly SKUed items have a default Qty of 1 not 0. - Easly corrected as items are created if aware. 3. If 1 person is adding new items to RMS while another is creating a PO, the new items show up on the PO. This is occuring even when different suppliers are selected by each person. This is causing major Havoc with my P...

Glitch delays Windows XP SP3 release
Important NEWS You may want to turn off the auto update at your client for a while Glitch delays Windows XP SP3 release Microsoft: Service pack suffering "compatibility issue" Microsoft has said it is delaying the release of Windows XP Service Pack 3 because of a newly uncovered glitch. The software maker said there is a "compatibility issue" between the XP service pack and Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System, a retail chain management program for SMEs. You what.? Bust through tech jargon with silicon.com's Cheat Sheets. Microsoft finalised the ...