RMS Documentation (large book)

When I got RMS, there was a quick start book and a large comprehensive book.
I have lost the large book. Where can I get another one?

Is there an RMS for Dummies yet? LOL

I have actually searched Amazon for a book on RMS but no one had written one.

0
mickie (104)
7/27/2006 12:45:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Contact your reseller - they *should* be able to either order you a
replacement manual or get you a PDF version.  I haven't actually tried
to order a  manual for a couple of years, so I may be wrong about the
availability of the hard copy, but the PDF is definately available - you
may even be able to download it directly form CustomerSource...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Mickie wrote:
> When I got RMS, there was a quick start book and a large comprehensive book.
> I have lost the large book. Where can I get another one?
>
> Is there an RMS for Dummies yet? LOL
>
> I have actually searched Amazon for a book on RMS but no one had written one.

0
glenn9672 (1267)

------=_NextPart_000_0302_01C6B6FD.FE81AC10

Mickie,

You can order a new set of manuals here;
https://mbs3.microsoft.com/onlineorder/

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "Mickie" <Mickie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  When I got RMS, there was a quick start book and a large comprehensive =
book. =20
  I have lost the large book. Where can I get another one?

  Is there an RMS for Dummies yet? LOL

  I have actually searched Amazon for a book on RMS but no one had =
written one.

------=_NextPart_000_0302_01C6B6FD.FE81AC10

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Mickie,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>You can order a new set of manuals =
here;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000><A=20
href=3D"https://mbs3.microsoft.com/onlineorder/">https://mbs3.microsoft.c=
om/onlineorder/</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Mickie" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Mickie@discussions.microsoft.com">Mickie@discussions.micro=
soft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:D283EC4A-F86A-427B-AAED-130D4E68917F@microsoft.com">news:D28=
3EC4A-F86A-427B-AAED-130D4E68917F@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>When=20
  I got RMS, there was a quick start book and a large comprehensive =
book.&nbsp;=20
  <BR>I have lost the large book. Where can I get another one?<BR><BR>Is =
there=20
  an RMS for Dummies yet? LOL<BR><BR>I have actually searched Amazon for =
a book=20
  on RMS but no one had written one.<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0302_01C6B6FD.FE81AC10--

0
spam3944 (2163)

cannot open large Excell files attachment in outlook 2003
hi, I cannot open large excell file attachment in the outlook 2003. cannot save it on the computer..plz lemme know thankz ...

Creating a Program Book #2
I need to know if there is a Publisher or other Program I can use to create my church's Women's Day Journal that will contain ads ranging from 1/8, 1/4, 1/2? Any help you can provide will be appreciated. This is a fundraiser so I do not want to spend money using a Print Shop as its too costly. Help! ...

Document map 05-12-10
The document map for one of my documents has stopped displaying headings from the beginning of the document and instead displays headings from a point within it. The headings that aren't displayed are correctly formatted as Level 1. And I've entered and exited Outline view, with, unfortunately, no benefit. What might the solution be please? Are the headings that are shown the document map in the same style? If so, try reapplying the style to the headings that are not showing up. If not, make sure that it is the paragraph outline level that you have set to 1 (& if it ...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

RMS 1.x Dongle Return
Is there an expected date that the dongle from 1.x must be returned? -- John M. 6 months after v3.0 is released. ;) "John M." wrote: > Is there an expected date that the dongle from 1.x must be returned? > > -- > > John M. > > > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_099F_01C75566.EF856370 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable John M, They've told us a _reasonable_ timeframe, whatever that means. I'm = guessing 6 months before the phone c...

Outlook 2002 Address Book #2
New entries do not appear in address book contents list. Thought it might be a space problem, but have deleted all extraneous data (i.e. deleted items. However, when I try to re-enter the contact, Outlook asks if I wish to replace the earlier entry for the same contact. Any ideas? Explain more accurately what you mean. Where are entries not appearing that you expect them to? Are you selecting the correct Contacts Folder from the "Show names from..." dropdown? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lulu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88020...

Outlook 2003
Hello, I deleted manually contact folders that were created with VBA These deleted folders still appear in the list "Show names from the : " in the address book The contacts themselves still apparear in each deleted folder! I do not understand why. Did I miss something when I created them with VBA? How can I clean that list with VBA and fix the situation ? Many thanks Do those contacts folders show up in the Folder List? Where are they now, under Deleted Items? If so just delete them from there. If you delete something using the Outlook object mode...

Shared book (sorry!) bloating and not disconnecting
We have a shared workbook (which also has some VBA modules) which is shared over a WAN, and it's causing us some problems: 1. The user appears to be disconnected and has to lose unsaved changes 2. The file thinks it is still connected and shows all the users connected multiple times - even when they've switched off 3. The file has only about 800 lines (10 or so columns) but is something silly like 600Mb Can I sort this out? Is there something I can do to make it work? Thanks M Try going to "Tools", "Share Workbook","Advanced", and ...

RMS
Does anyone know if RMS comes in a French flavor? My company is considering opening a few stores and Quebec, but under the terms of certification, the Register, Menus, & Reciepts all have to be in French. Changing the language setting in Store Ops Admin does not seem to change anything. Any comments on this? Anyone running stores in Quebec/Canada? Many Thanks -Ed Ed, Check with Retail Realm for a French version. www.retailrealm.co.uk -- * "Ed@akm" <Ed@akm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C571752-F906-40F1-924F-CC27ACEA2F7E@microsoft.com... D...

553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large
I am reconfiguring a network. We are using MS Exchange 2003 on a 2000 server. I have POP3 and SMTP services running but when remote users who connect via POP3 try to send any email to an outside email address they get: 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large They can send mail to internal users i.e. other users in the global address list. It's a few different users so I ruled out the Apostrophes issue mentioned in: http://www.faqs.org/qa/rfcc-193.html The company has a WatchGuard firewall and won't trade up anytime soon so that may be the pro...

protect a document so it cannot be amended by others but it can b.
Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only I can make changes but others can read it and filter it when they require information. I have tried to put a password on but it wont let anyone else use the filters in the spreadsheet. Please help! Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S_H" <S_H@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6BBCEC50-43CA-4652-B62F-79F1BDD8DDF9@microsoft.com... > Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only ...

Autofilter on protected work book?
Autofilter works on a protected workbook, but not when it is a line in a macro, e.g.: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="YES" It cause a macro error. This is true even if I enable 'Allow all user of the workbook to Use Autofilter'. I'm sure I've done this before and it worked, but not now. Does anyone know if this is a bug in 2003? Or a way around it? Or another way of selecting a number of rows by a single criterion (in a macro)? Good morning Muppet Does this article help? http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect HTH DominicB -- ...

Addressing Envelopes using Outlook Addresess Book
How can I use the addresses in Contacts in Outlook (not OE) to address enevlopes? The address book in Outlook and in Outlook Express is the same (.WAB). Open the addressbook, file, export, as .csv Open the file in Excel work from there. You can use a filtered list if you want or just delete the ones you don't want. That worksheet must be moved to the first position for mail merge to work. Excel does not do envelopes etc, itself, hopefully you also have MS Word and can use Mail Merge see my page, if this is new information to you. Mail Merge, Printing Labels using Mail M...

Access to SMTP addresses in an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book
I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book. This information will be used to populate a Contacts folder. I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the company's webmail browser. Ideally if I could get the information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it from there. If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but am not an experienced VBA user. However, I have mid-le...

how do i retrieve deleted documents on ms frontpage
i have recently set-up a full customer invoice system on MS FrontPage with full list of customer addresses etc. my wife has somehow deleted the whole thing in one swipe, the question is can i get it all back and how ????? unless you have a backup on your machine, or online...you don't. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "diazonmike" <diazonmike @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F1C8F02-0FA3-49CB-897B-F00E607CA8D8@microsoft.com... > i have recently set-up a full customer invoice system on MS Fr...

Linking Excel cells to places in a Word document
I would like for the entries in numerous places in a Word document to automatically appear in designated Excel cells. Also, I will need to be able to change which Word document the Excel file refers to. Can anyone please advise? Thanks. ...

setting up a book cover?
I've been reading about this, the only directions I could find for doing it is how to set up a book (for pubish on demand, mainly) in WORD. This has a very brief discription of how to to set up the cover design (if one has no choice) in Word. Since I have Publisher (2000) I'm thinking that would be better, of course. I don't have a specific book and cover in mind, just would like to learn to do it. The directions for Word has how to set up the measurments, with extra on the edges for "bleed" and figuring the space for the spine (going by pages in the book...

RMS 2 demo
Does anyone have a RMS 2 demo, I have ordered it few weeks ago but still have not received it. If you have it can you upload it to my ftp or somewhere on web ? Thanks ...

Electronic Document Delivery Reports
We use EDD with Business Portal - and it uses Crystal Reports to generate reports. The connection type is ADO.net (XML) and there is no way for me to modify this connection. How do I add some Extender fields on the EDD documents? Is this possible? ...

Scrolling in Address Book
Help Please. I am unable to use my scroll wheel in the Address Book of Outlook 2002 (SP 3 Installed). It works throughout the rest of the program, such as scrolling through messages, etc. Also, moving the sliding bar on the right of the screen does not move the entries either. This is a major inconvenience for me. ...

offline address book
Is it possible to provide the user with an option to synchronize or not synchronize the offline address book when they close Microsoft Outlook ...

Address Book in XP
I use Outlook (not Outlook Express) for my email. Can anyone tell me how to find the address book? I use Windows XP Home and recently had to format my drive. I have no idea where the address book is or what it's called so was unable to save it. Alan. Outlook does not use an address book file. All Outlook data is stored in the same file. The file you need to is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MV...

How to clean one book using data from another?
Hello, I'm an intern and a relative new user of Excel. I've used it before, but only for simple sorting. Here's my problem: I am using Excel '03 to sort e-mail address lists. I have two separate files, one with names, email addresses, and postal addresses, and a "cleaned" list with all non-working e-mail addresses removed. What I want to know is, is there any way to use the second list to clean the first list of all the people whose e-mail addresses no longer work, without manually searching through them one row at a time? I have nearly 10,000 names on one an...

Excel 2007 "document not saved" when on a network share AND file set as an offline file
Hello~ Have this annoying REPEATABLE problem with Excel 2007 running on Vista Business saving to a share on Windows Server 2003. On the client, Vista and Excel all up-to-date with SPs, the machine is part of a domain, and some files on different shares are set to be available offline. On the server, Windows 2003 also up-to-date, the client user has full permissions in all the directories in question - both share permissions and NTFS permissions), and the directory is set to make only files users specify to be available offline. Client has no problem opening and saving files in Excel that ar...