RMS corrupted and need to reinstall

i have to reinstall windows and RMS.   i need to make sure that i save all of
the data.    can someone help me with the steps to make sure i dont loose any
data.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Use Store Ops Administrator and create a backup.  Then copy that backup file
somewhere safe, flash drive, ipod, another computer etc (can't have too many
copies!)

Then when you reinstall RMS, you use Store Ops Administrator to create a new
database and you point the wizard to your backup and that should be all you
really need to do.

"JAY (MANOJ) SHARMA" wrote:

> i have to reinstall windows and RMS.   i need to make sure that i save all of
> the data.    can someone help me with the steps to make sure i dont loose any
> data.
0
Ozzie (119)
5/15/2006 11:57:01 PM
don't forget any customized receipt templates or reports.

making a copy of this registry key and sub keys can help also for setup
parameters:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System

"ozzie" <ozzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Use Store Ops Administrator and create a backup.  Then copy that backup
> file
> somewhere safe, flash drive, ipod, another computer etc (can't have too
> many
> copies!)
>
> Then when you reinstall RMS, you use Store Ops Administrator to create a
> new
> database and you point the wizard to your backup and that should be all
> you
> really need to do.
>
> "JAY (MANOJ) SHARMA" wrote:
>
>> i have to reinstall windows and RMS.   i need to make sure that i save
>> all of
>> the data.    can someone help me with the steps to make sure i dont loose
>> any
>> data.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/16/2006 1:09:20 AM
is there anything else?  how about opos drivers or anything like that.   i
need to open the next day and store is high volume dollar store.   should i
hire someone to do this,  have a cash register on side?

"root" wrote:

> don't forget any customized receipt templates or reports.
>
> making a copy of this registry key and sub keys can help also for setup
> parameters:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System
>

> "ozzie" <ozzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Use Store Ops Administrator and create a backup.  Then copy that backup
> > file
> > somewhere safe, flash drive, ipod, another computer etc (can't have too
> > many
> > copies!)
> >
> > Then when you reinstall RMS, you use Store Ops Administrator to create a
> > new
> > database and you point the wizard to your backup and that should be all
> > you
> > really need to do.
> >
> > "JAY (MANOJ) SHARMA" wrote:
> >
> >> i have to reinstall windows and RMS.   i need to make sure that i save
> >> all of
> >> the data.    can someone help me with the steps to make sure i dont loose
> >> any
> >> data.

Why do you need to reinstall windows?

"JAY (MANOJ) SHARMA" wrote:

> is there anything else?  how about opos drivers or anything like that.   i
> need to open the next day and store is high volume dollar store.   should i
> hire someone to do this,  have a cash register on side?
>
> "root" wrote:
>
> > don't forget any customized receipt templates or reports.
> >
> > making a copy of this registry key and sub keys can help also for setup
> > parameters:
> >
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System
> >

> > "ozzie" <ozzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Use Store Ops Administrator and create a backup.  Then copy that backup
> > > file
> > > somewhere safe, flash drive, ipod, another computer etc (can't have too
> > > many
> > > copies!)
> > >
> > > Then when you reinstall RMS, you use Store Ops Administrator to create a
> > > new
> > > database and you point the wizard to your backup and that should be all
> > > you
> > > really need to do.

0
Ozzie (119)
5/16/2006 3:18:01 AM
not unless you are using some special drivers now.

"JAY (MANOJ) SHARMA" <JAYMANOJSHARMA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1E0F1A0D-FF3E-4D20-BAD5-7768A077B2A1@microsoft.com...
> is there anything else?  how about opos drivers or anything like that.   i
> need to open the next day and store is high volume dollar store.   should
> hire someone to do this,  have a cash register on side?
>
> "root" wrote:
>
>> don't forget any customized receipt templates or reports.
>>
>> making a copy of this registry key and sub keys can help also for setup
>> parameters:
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System
>>

>> "ozzie" <ozzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Use Store Ops Administrator and create a backup.  Then copy that backup
>> > file
>> > somewhere safe, flash drive, ipod, another computer etc (can't have too
>> > many
>> > copies!)
>> >
>> > Then when you reinstall RMS, you use Store Ops Administrator to create
>> > new
>> > database and you point the wizard to your backup and that should be all
>> > you
>> > really need to do.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/16/2006 8:57:58 PM
pos slows down and error msg pops up saying that it needs to close down.
which deletes the current transaction and causes cashier to not balance at
the end of day.   do i need to close pos everynight or it can stay in secure
mode?

"ozzie" wrote:

> Why do you need to reinstall windows?
>
> "JAY (MANOJ) SHARMA" wrote:
>
> > is there anything else?  how about opos drivers or anything like that.   i
> > need to open the next day and store is high volume dollar store.   should i
> > hire someone to do this,  have a cash register on side?
> >
> > "root" wrote:
> >
> > > don't forget any customized receipt templates or reports.
> > >
> > > making a copy of this registry key and sub keys can help also for setup
> > > parameters:
> > >
> > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System
> > >

> > > "ozzie" <ozzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Help decide upon RMS
Hi, I was interested in RMS (possibly) but I’m surprised as to how tightly controlled any detailed information is held. In order to get into most parts of Microsoft’s website for this product, I need a special login that comes only after buying the support, and even then it’s limited according to what I’ve read in this newsgroup. Specifically, I’d like to know what sort of customizations can be made for RMS. I read that there’s a customization guide and possibly source code (that I’d find hard to believe) that’s available to some of you. If someone (preferably a real RMS partner) could ...

Need help with SQL tables
After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP. I received the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid in to a table. I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this. We don't have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio Express. Can anyone help me? I just need to know the script that will add it to these tables. Thanks. Tracey D "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the following tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum. Once added, use ano...

Recovering corrupt pst
Using Outlook 97. Saved mail messages aren't accessible. Getting error that mentions having trouble reading message header. Tried to use Inbox Repair Tool to recover message stores, to no avail. Are there other methods or tricks to recover message store? Even recovering some of the messages would be beneficial. ...

Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...
I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca someone please guide me on how this may be done... I was thinking: i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of, ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart with all the frills from data exported from excel, iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t already created excel charts, iv. something else. My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of report i am writting. An...

Need Help to create Summary sheet.
Hello: I'm working on Excel2000. In one excel file i have one sheet "MasterData" as show below: ********************************** EMP_CD WORK_DT WORK_HRS ----------------------------------------------------- ASH 8/25/2004 0:00 8 IPH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 IPH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 MAN 8/25/2004 0:00 8 NKH 8/25/2004 0:00 1 NKH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 RXK 8/25/2004 0:00 8 YPG 8/25/2004 0:00 8 NSH 8/25/2004 0:00 8 ASH 8/26/2004 0:00 8 YPG 8/26/2004 0:00 8 IPH 8/26/2004 0:00 8 ********************************** Now, I need to create summary sheet (New Sheet) in same file , whic will show...

need help with formula #2
how to write a formula? if cell =>24 multiple by 22. if cell is <24, multiply 24 by 22, multiply difference by 33 add together -- Kerri Where do I find the difference "Kerri Olsen" wrote: > how to write a formula? > if cell =>24 multiple by 22. if cell is <24, multiply 24 by 22, multiply > difference by 33 add together > -- > Kerri See Help for "IF worksheet function" I can't be more specific without a better description of the alternative calculations. Jerry "Kerri Olsen" wrote: > how to write a formula? > if cell ...

Corrupt color scheme registry key
Publisher 2000 ~ When I create a new publication using the wizard, I always get a "color scheme registry key is either missing or corrupt..." error, and am instructed to rerun Setup to reinstall the color scheme registry. Running setup and reinstalling the entire program or allowing the program to detect/repair does not solve the problem. Moving forward with the wizard, I am given the Bluebird scheme or Custom (monochrome) as my only choices. How can I resolve this problem and get the Publisher-provided color schemes back? Have you tried a registry cleaner? You may also fi...

activies need to roll up from sub-accounts to accounts
activities associated with an account need to rollup through all parent accounts above. Jerry http://www.iBizInitiatives.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?m...

Need help creating macros
Hi there, For whatever reason when our system compiles data into Excel 2003 it creates a worksheet that looks like this (for example): Purple Purple Purple Purple Purple Green Green Green Blue Blue Blue Blue Red Red Red Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Orange Orange Orange Brown Brown Brown Brown Teal Teal Teal Black Black Black Black Grey Grey ...

Need help w/ formula
Is there a formula that will change another cells information w/o having a formula in that particular cell. For instance, the IF(N5=Removed" then J5=0) without putting a formula in j5? No. A cell formula cannot change another cell. You can write code to react to value changes in cell N5 and the *code* can change the value in J5 "Todd Nelson" wrote: > Is there a formula that will change another cells information w/o having a > formula in that particular cell. For instance, the IF(N5=Removed" then J5=0) > without putting a formula in j5? No, you cannot ...

Need help with creating rules for autoresponce
Hi, I been trying to learn how to make an automatic replies with outlook. I looked at some tutorials, but it seems that I'm missing some functions. I can't find the "replay with message" action, the closest thing it gives me is a "reply using a specific template". So I try to make a template, but I don't have the option to save as a .oft. I even tried changing the extention of my word file to .oft, but it just turns it into a blank e-mail. I am currently using office 2003 pro. Any help would me greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced there are steps h...

Need Help creating a formula****PLEASE
I am a manager in a big office where agents log into their phones to get calls. We keep track of how many minutes an agent is "logged off" of their phone system. I would like to be able to have a formula to use in Excel to speed up the calculations for this info. Here is what the info looks like that I am given and what I need to calculate: Sunday, December 03, 2006 Agent Login Time Logout Time # of minutes logged out Doe, Jane 6:58am 8:51am (need to find # minutes from 9:39am-8:51am) Doe, Jane 9:39am ...

NEED HELP: Who are MBS Partner here?
To prepare the MBS CRM exam, I need the courseware download from Microsoft Website. I email the MBS, they gave me a link: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/training/materials/ But I can’t login, it says:” The email address you entered was not found in our records. Please check the email address and try again.” Could anyone please directly send me the courseware to prepare the exams? Thanks a lot! Jim Hi Jim That link takes you to a list of the available courseware. You must then order the courseware through a Microsoft Partner, so you best bet is to contact a Learning Soluti...

Need advice on 5.5 migration
Our current setup is all NT4 servers and I am running Exch 5.5. My boss wants a whole new domain created for new servers that we will be getting that will be running 2003 server and exchange 2003 (current servers are too outdated for an upgrade). I have set this up in a test environment and created the trusts and ran the ADMT and things ran fairly smoothly except password issues but that may be another post later. My question is which is the best way to approach this from an Exchange standpoint? Should the 2003 join the existing site or should I create a new exchange site for the 2003?...

Need help storing all my emails before i redo my pc outlook 2003
i have microsoft outlook 2003 on windows xp i need to redo my pc but i dont want to loose my emails and contacts and I have too many things stored in files it'sjust too many things to move one by one thanks iris The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "IrisR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a1b901c434bd$d94a3940$a...

Formula needed #2
Right all you clever people, I need a formula for my tax spreadsheet who can help me? I'm doing my mileage. I can claim back 40p a mile for the first 4,00 miles, then 25p a mile after that. I've been using this formula for the 40p a mile: =D75*0.4 (D75 bein the "total miles" cell) Fairly straightforward, but how do I make it so it adds 0.4 for th first 4,000 then 0.25 for everything after that. Is this possible? Thanks in advance -- dancingbear7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dancingbear72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.co...

Need WAN0distributed filesystem... Groove Server?
I have a client with a workforce that are geographically distributed, and as such, doesn't have a single office where all users are located. They have a few servers, including an AD domain, and we have been using the Frontpage Server Extensions of IIS5 (Server 2k3) on their data server to share files over the WAN, but Windows 7 and the newest version of Mac OS X don't appear to be working properly with the (admittedly cheesy) FPSE solution. The way they were doing it, they just added a "My Network Place" to their XP installations that pointed to http://server....

HTREEITEM variables need to be defined as STATIC?
Does HTREEITEM variables need to be defined as STATIC, otherwise after calling the CTREECTRL member function, the variable's value will be changed? Thanks for your answer. >Does HTREEITEM variables need to be defined as STATIC, otherwise after >calling the CTREECTRL member function, the variable's value will be >changed? Generally the answer is no, but it'd be clearer if you showed some example code that you're worrying about. Dave ...

Need help with Multi-workbook COUNTIF formula!!
I have monthly worksheets that use drop down boxes to pick criteria from lists. The linked cell outputs a number based on what the chosen criteria was in the drop down box. Currently I use this outputted number on a summary sheet with a COUNTIF formula ie COUNTIF(Sept!$R$3:$R$200,2) to summarize monthly info. I would like to generate yearly info instead without having to generate monthly totals first. Is there a formula that can use both ranges - Jan:Dec and $R$3:$R$200 - with the criteria of the linked cell ie. 2? ...

New comp. running XP; NEED Publisher from 98SE; How?
HELP! I just got my 1st new comp. & it runs XP however I NEED Publisher from the 98SE... How can I get this program onto this comp. ASAP? I have 2 newsletters for my church that I can't work on until I get this straightened out! Cheryl Smith <Cheryl Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HELP! I just got my 1st new comp. & it runs XP however I NEED > Publisher from the 98SE... How can I get this program onto this comp. Publisher does not come with any version of Windows, it is a separate application. The Publisher that is/was on the ...

need help with payees
On the "spending by payee" report page, it tells me I have 26 transactions, totalling $0 that don't have assigned payee names. All of these transactions are transfers to and from certain accounts. (i'm talking only about transfers here) for example, I transfer $200 "to" my cash account each week. On the"assign payee" page, it shows that transaction twice -- once going 'into' cash, and once going 'out' of checking. Does each occurence of that transaction need a payee? And, who is the payee? And what about other transfers, like from s...

simple (i think) UDF debug help needed
This is my first time writing a new UDF :) The error reported by debug is: "Block IF without End IF" the highlight is on "next i" Function con_check(con_old, con_now) Dim i As Integer Dim targ As Integer Dim hit As Integer Dim roll As Integer If con_old < con_now Then For i = 1 To con_count hit = hit + 1 If hit < 3 Then targ = 1 + hit If 3 < hit < 6 Then targ = hit + 6 If hit > 5 Then myCell.Value = "DEAD" End If End If...

X axis needed for Line Chart
-- FL ...

Is RMS right for me?
I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected to each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just really for "small reatail" stores? mymobile wrote: > I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected to > each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just > really for > "small reatail" stores? Hi mymobile, I work with RMS into five supermarkets (food markets) with fiscal printer (italian market). The problem of RMS are discounts.. the markets has mor...

Recommendation on Weigh Scale for RMS
Looking for a simple weigh scale that will integrate with RMS. Not very expensive as it will be only used for 5% of the items. The other option is to manually enter the weight but it will be nice to have an something directly tied to RMS system. Thx for your suggestions. The only recommendation I can give would be an Avery Berkel 6720, they run around $450. Rob "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DB7906C-4976-4533-95B6-9DC8590B29B5@microsoft.com... > Looking for a simple weigh scale that will integrate with RMS. Not very > expensive as i...