RMS and PC Charge

Hello all,

Anybody had issues with PC Charge grabbing transactions
from previous batches and adding them to a current batch?
Have a client that this happened to for the second time in
a couple months.  I'm looking at Post settle batch report
and I see three trans from 9-2-04 and it shows the correct
batch # from two weeks ago, none of these trans show in
the RMS journal for 9-16-04.  The last time it happened
the trans from a previous batch did show in the Credit
Card Detail report for that day but not in the journals.

Any info appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)
9/17/2004 4:22:18 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Chuck:

I can actually tell you what this issue is as I've gone around with PC
Charge several times about it.

What ends up happening is that since PC Charge is written over top of
an MDB (Access Database) just about every time it is accessed to
process a payment/return, run a report, or just query the database,
the database gets locked because Access doesn't support multiple
users.

The are 2 ways around this is if you are using an application where
you can modify the source for the processing, put a loop around it and
with the loop, after the request to PC Charge, query your database
(Not PC Charge's) to see if it's a duplicated Autho# from the past X
days (I usually do 30 or 60 depending on the frequency of
transactions) and if it is found, send it to PC Charge again. Or you
can write a function that sits there and checks for the LDB file, and
loops with a delay until it can not find it.  Then once the LDB is
gone, process the transaction.

These are about the simplest ways to handle this for real-time
processing.

-E

"Chuck @ Midwest POS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<19c801c49cd2$80891830$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> Hello all,
>
> Anybody had issues with PC Charge grabbing transactions
> from previous batches and adding them to a current batch?
> Have a client that this happened to for the second time in
> a couple months.  I'm looking at Post settle batch report
> and I see three trans from 9-2-04 and it shows the correct
> batch # from two weeks ago, none of these trans show in
> the RMS journal for 9-16-04.  The last time it happened
> the trans from a previous batch did show in the Credit
> Card Detail report for that day but not in the journals.
>
> Any info appreciated.

New PC
Hello, I have used Money Deluxe 2006 on a Windows XP PC for a few years. I just purchased a new PC, with Vista Home Premium. I installed the old Money Deluxe 2006 disks, and I copied my .MNY file to the new PC too. It ain't that simple! So, independent of what I have already done, what is the procedure for being able to work with my old data on my new PC? Sounds like you are on the right track. This operation needn't be rocket science. Where did you put the Money file on the Vista machine? Documents is good. Does Money open its sample file? How did you move the data fi...

does microsoft RMS integrate with .php shopping carts such as MAGE
does microsoft RMS integrate with .php shopping carts such as MAGENTO? RMS does not really integrate directly with most shopping cart software. There are some companies, such as Nitrosell, that have developed shopping carts that specifically integrate with RMS, otherwise its all about commutation from the shopping card to RMS. What you need is a software that will create a bridge between the website/shopping card and RMS. We offer such a program called RMS Web Portal. Retail Realms & New West Technologies have similar offerings. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail I...

PC Freezes up when selecting the reply button
Windows 2000 SP4, OutlookXP (2002)w/SP2 When a new message comes in, I open the message, click on reply and the message freezes up. I can and do close the email message. Open it again and can select reply with no problems. Any suggestions? Message format is Rich text. I'm having the same problem, with the exception that I am unable to close the email. I have to kill Outlook. I'm running Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP2. >-----Original Message----- >Windows 2000 SP4, OutlookXP (2002)w/SP2 >When a new message comes in, I open the message, click on >reply and t...

Money 2005 for Pocket PC #6
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C624F4.D45DE020 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Quick question about Money 2006 and Money for Pocket PC... I've installed the full version trial download of Money 2006. I'm trying = to install Money for Pocket PC and keep getting a message telling me = that I don't have Money installed on my PC. This is the full version of = Money 2006 Deluxe. I do!!! What is the deal? Has anyone else encountered this? Any input would be appreciated. ...

Synchronize Pocket PC with OL 2007
I currently have 3 folders under the Data Files tab in OL 07 Contact Folder Contacts.pst Personal Folders Calendar. pst and Personal Folders Outlook.pst This is the 'default folder'. When I close OL 07 3 files on my hard drive are updated: Contacts.pst Calendar. pst and Outlook.pst It seems to my that in OL2000 there was only 1 .pst file that contained contacts, calendar, and personal folders. And ActiveSync used that file to update. I have been afraid to attempt a synchronization with ActiveSync since installing OL07. Do I have to do something diffe...

Outlook Lost mails after PC crash
Hi, This is my firts post. Seem to me this is the best site for help. It is hard to write my problem but i´┐Żll try :) I am trying to input a PST file on Outlook after a recoverd lost files recover. I used lots of programs and none did the job. All says that it is not a valid PSt file :( I even used scanpst.exe file but no e-mail apeared. The file has 1.3 GB (not yet 2 GB for problem). I need something or some helpful person so i can recover my pst file. Help i'll be grateful. PS: Sorry for my bad english. -- Nelson5 Please anybody ? The Outlook is not Express. It is XP. Ne...

overtime charging question
A B C date hours worked 9 name hours offered 10 hours charged 3 Hi I have a sheet set up this way and want to chart overtime. Anything over 8 hours is time and a half, Saturday's are time and a half all day and Sunday is double charge.How can i set this up so it recognizes the date and charges correctly on the weekends. Will Excel recognize the date as weekend? The example above shows someone working 9 but offered 10 so charged 1 1/2 x 2 or 3 hours charged. Thanks Karl Karl Chip Pearson has a good sit...

Transfer Outlook Archives and Addressbook to new PC
Anybody know how to transfer my Outlook archives and Addressbook from one PC to another (I just bought a new PC). Thanks. Chuck Pyne <chpyne@optonline.net> wrote: > Anybody know how to transfer my Outlook archives and > Addressbook from one PC to another (I just bought a new > PC). Thanks. Copy all the PSTs you find to the other PC. Open them on that PC in Outlook. See http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm and http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

how do i work out what price to charge
i am a nail technician, and would like help with working out what i spend every month( on supplies e.g nails, nail polish , nail polish remover, fuel( car) , etc etc ), then be able to have a total figure at the end where i charge for a certain job, i.e french nails $30... by being able to work out how much im spending a month, compared to how much im earning... i'll soon realise whether or not im under charging myself look forward to your response kind regards Good questions. You could start with a simple table, say with 5 columns: Date, Category, Description, Expense, Revenue....

Recent Documents in File menu Disappears after a PC re-boot
The recent Documents menu in either Excel 2007, Word 2007, Powerpoint 2007 and others softwares disappears after I re-start my PC, everytime. I use VISTA home edition. A few weeks ago I did a clean re-install of Vista and Office 2007, everything works blazing fast and well, except for the purplexing recent documents that never keeps my recent files when I re-start my PC. I have also noticed that if I change the "Show this number of recent documents" in the Advanced tab under the Excel options it resets to 17 everytime, as well. Therefore How can i have recent docume...

RMS batch postings to SBA out of balance
While setting up a new deployment of RMS and SMA I have encountered a series of 'batches out of balance' issues which is preventing natural posting. I have checked my account mapping and am confident in it's accuracy. How can I error trap in RMS to see where the issue is? Help !! -- Gil Gil, I haven't looked at SBA in a year, but I think there is a error log file in either the RMS SO folder or the SBA folder. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attac...

Tablet PC problems and CRM
Hi, A client of ours has two tablet pc's and a bunch of desktop's and laptop's. All are working fine but the two tablet's are having an issue holding onto the Com Add-in. Each time they log off or re-boot it is dropping the Com Add-in. Is there any known issues with the tablets and CRM? Has anyone else had issues with tablet pc's? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Nathan Hi Nathan Sorry I dont have an answer for you but I'm sure this is not a TabletPC problem - I've been using CRM 1.2 on TabletPC for last 18 months with no particualr probs at all so it must be...

Workbook only malfunctions on a single PC
I have an interesting problem. I have a workbook that I share between 100 or more people. The workbook does some simple calculations and formatting (like zip codes and total price). The work book functions an all computers except one. On that PC the work book will not format the zip codes or quantity fields correctly. (if you enter 2000 it will change to 2.000) If I copy that work book to another computer it works just fine. So I have isolated the problem to this one PC that is running office 2000 and has all the latest patches and updates. Any suggestions? -- Crypto ----------------------...

Money 2004 freezes my PC
Money 2004 Premium freezes on me all the time, forcing me to reboot my PC. At first, it seemed to consistently happen when I opened a sub-menu off the main menu. But recently it also happened while backing up and immediately after that reboot, upon launching Money, on the dialog box where it says I didn't complete the sign- up for extra special features. No other app causes this problem. Any hints? try reinstalling it and IE. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send M...

Using client PC to find the functnl level of my log-in AD domain
Using Windows XP service pack3 to login to AD domain. Running the GPresult from the command prompt returns the following: RSOP results for TMS\TABATAJ on PD9403355 : Logging Mode --------------------------------------------------------- OS Type: Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Configuration: Member Workstation OS Version: 5.1.2600 Domain Name: ABC Domain Type: Windows 2000 Site Name: DATA-HUB-SITE Roaming Profile: Local Profile: C:\Documents and Settings\tabataj Connected over a slow link?: No -------------------- Can I conclude that the Functional level ...

Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se
Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in the cd? Yes it will work and you can use the drivers provided my Microsoft. "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9146817C-4E6E-4584-8AEA-DDC12D99BB44@microsoft.com... > Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use > the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in > the > cd? but the one i have is a usb interface, the opos driver fro...

POS (not RMS) Itemized Report on Hourly Sales by Category
We would like to create a report to monitor hourly sales sorted by category. Can anyone offer some guidance? M Kalmus We would also like some advice on how to export the hourly sales graph data into a CSV format. "Mark Kalmus" <dogtoothcoffee@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%237N5plQQIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > We would like to create a report to monitor hourly sales sorted by > category. > > Can anyone offer some guidance? > > M Kalmus > hi Mark, I am confuse about your post, you mentioned in first one that you want hourly report, se...

Microsoft exam for RMS 2.0
Hi I will be trying for certification in RMS 2.0 this Thursday, does anyone have or know where I can get some sample questions which might appear in the exam. Thanks Gareth hi Gaz, Sample I am not sure but I made my own Q&A consider look at the administration database part, license for the evluation, period, restore, backup collation, in SO all things they normally cover security is not that much. and POS also cover a lot. I will see if I can send you the email of my own Q&a send me your email. "Gaz" wrote: > Hi > I will be trying for certification in RMS 2.0 t...

RMS needs to hardcode mandatory authorization codes for Credit Car
RMS should not allow changes to Visa or MasterCard Tender types once its installed. EDC should be fixed so credit card transactions need an auth code or the cashier can not proceed with the transactions. We had a merchant find out the hard way on this. The till should not open w/o an auth code. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mark Lawrence Heartland Payment Systems www.merchantbillofrights.com ...

Pc Charge credits
I am using PcCharge for a while and things work fine with sale transactions, but when we get a return and we need to return money back to the card, 7 out of 10 times it would go through but the rest would not and we would have over/excess in the reports at closing. Spoke to Pccharge and they blame the software. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. -- Thank You Ram, Make sure you have the latest versions of both RMS (1.2.0189) and PCCharge (5.7.1). -- = "Ram" <Ram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54AD9C13-5D32-4FF4-AB43-6EF92EB261A9@microsof...

Outlook "pst" file (PC) to ANYTHING (Mac)?
Have an old MS Outlook .pst file (60 MB). I'd like to be able to access these old e-mail messages in any application on my Mac. I need a way to convert this on the Mac, since I no longer own a PC. Outlook Express won't recognize this file; it uses a different mail file system from MS Outlook. Any ideas? Thanks, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group You will need to wait until the end of the year when Micr...

non-domain PC on the network
Will I always see so many failed security audits in this kind of situation? This computers are only using the internet connection and no server resources. I'm surprised to see any logs relating to them. yaro ...

How to I share single 2007 Calendar/Contacts on same home PC...
I understand from the online Outlook Help that subscribers to an MS Exchange account can share the same Calendar. However, I cannot find any reference to sharing the same Calendar and Contacts on a home stand-alone PC. My wife and I have separate Windows accounts on the one PC and where we maintain our respective Office 2007 accounts, i.e. for sending and receiving our respective emails. However, we should like to have just the one same Calendar and Contacts files between us whereby we can view, edit and add details and these be available to either of us irrespective which of us is lo...

RMS Signature Capture on Receipt Solution
Dear Partners, We have released our new solution for RMS Signature Capture on receipt. If you are interested please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com ...

Do you have questions about creating and maintaining matrix items in Microsoft Dynamics RMS? Want to learn more about component items, dimension sets, and attributes? Chat with Retail Management System feature experts about these or any other matrix item issues. Sign-up: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx September 13, 2007 10:00 A.M. Pacific Time -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. How can we find out about RMS chat events with a bit longer notice /. Robert "Retail Solutions Team[MSFT]" wrote: >...